PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Parade

Steelersfan2207
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I am planning on going to the Parade tomorrow. Could anyone tell me where I should park. Is there a parking garage close to where the parade is or any suggestions would be appreciated.

gostillerz
02-06-2006, 08:29 PM
What direction will you be coming from?

melroseplace
02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
good question. where should I park if I'm coming from the airport?

Steelersfan2207
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I'll be coming through Steubenville and will probably take the tunnels to Pittsburgh.

gostillerz
02-06-2006, 10:51 PM
I would park at Station Square and walk across the Smithfield St. Bridge (kinda cold), or take the T (right across from the bridge) to the Gateway station (closest to Point Park).

http://www.portauthority.org/ride/pgT.asp

This way you would avoid parking in town and the walk won't be too far. Parking in town might be tough. Either way, you're gonna have some walking to do. If you drive in and get off by the Hilton, there's a Gateway garage there, but I don't know how full it will be, plus it's expensive. If you do park downtown, the Pittsburgh Parking Authority garages are cheaper.

http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/pghparkingauthority/html/facilities.html

Click on map for locations.

I don't know if the Gateway Clipper fleet is running shuttles from Station Square. This would be great.

Good Luck and have a blast!!!
:busted:

gostillerz
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM
The victory parade -- complete with bands from several local high schools -- is scheduled to get underway at 11am at Mellon Arena.

The procession will continue down Centre Avenue to Sixth Avenue and onto Fifth Avenue. From there, the route will continue onto Liberty Avenue and wrap up at Gateway Center.

After the parade, a rally is planned between the Hilton Hotel and the State Office Building.

clevestinks
02-07-2006, 06:36 PM
There was no parking, I did find a spot on the top floor of a garage right down from Peppi`s

Chronicgaming
02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I ended up parking at the North Shore. It was only 5 bucks and a walk to the Point via the Fort Duquesne bridge.

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Thankfully a friend dropped me off so I didn't have to find a place to park. I heard a lot of people say it took them a long while to find a spot.

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
my friend and I ended up parking in the lot by PNC Park where my family always parks for Pirate games. we had to park on the top level but it was only $4 so I cant complain

Steelersfan2207
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
It took us 45 mins to find a spot drove to Station Square No Parking then kept following the crowd and it continued to be no parking but then we got in the parking lot right next to Heinz Field for $5.00. Took awhile but well worth it. Man its tough to park in Pittsburgh.

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Damn I had to wait over an hour then paid $13