PDA

View Full Version : Lets rate ABC!!!!

Lambertfan
02-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I thought it stunk,the whole pregame. till the game and I turned the sound down. from Ray Lewis to Michael Irvin to Tom Brady and his boss!!!!!

ngreene15
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
This Superbowl has a great HD picture.

When you watched ABC's HD the picture was soo good, so nothing else really mattered.

Ambridge
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
IIn retrospect I was disappointed with the postgame show. No locker room celebration coverage that I seen. The whole production was pretty flat.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 08:34 PM
It's no big secret that I don't like the Patriots, so seeing Brady and his smirk made me want to puke, and Bellychick is a snore. Even the commercials weren't all that great. The Budweiser Clydsdales and the rotating refrigerator wall were the best for me, but they did not beat out the "Addicted to LOST" commercial since, well, I'm addicted to LOST...(lol). :smile:

And what was up with Mick Jagger at the beginning of the halftime show? It was like he forgot the words to the song. I'd much rather get my satisfaction from Jon Bon Jovi...(lol).

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I love Al Michaels in the booth...He's been a part of MNF for so long and now it's going to ESPN without him.

Koopa
02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
i like al micheals too, but madden brings him down he brings anyone he works with down. i didn't watch any of the pre game stuff cause me and my friends were bar b queing and plus it usually bores me no matter what. the commercials sucked i only liked that fedex commercial when the caveman kicked the the dinosaur after he got fired. the rest just sucked, and the fans kinda disappointed me they weren't as loud as i expected them to be so they didn't pump me up that much. overall it would've sucked if the steelers didn't get the W

boLT fan
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I think we all now see why MNF will be leaving ABC. :rolleyes:

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I think we all now see why MNF will be leaving ABC. :rolleyes:

How is that? MNF is not what it use to be with Cosell, Dandy Don and Frank Gifford. But, I'd still love to have it.

nu4everfan15
02-06-2006, 09:11 PM
i wish tirico did the whole game, not just the super bowl... i think i could have done a better job than those guys!!! but thats wat we have hillgrove for

shevdog
02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
As much as I do not like Madden calling games, since he speaks in terms of a moron, he was actually good for an audience like this. All the once-a-year viewers can get their "Intro to the Obvious of Football" from Madden. So in that regard it was good for those fan. Other than that, the annoucing sucked. If ever there was a way to get the internet streaming of WDVE in realtime with TV, that would forever rock!

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 09:46 PM
IIn retrospect I was disappointed with the postgame show. No locker room celebration coverage that I seen. The whole production was pretty flat.

I agree with that. It's almost like they didn't want Pittsburgh to win it. The Commissioner didn't even really congratulate the Rooneys when he handed him the trophy. All in all it was cheesy.

BenPFJ1958
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
As much as I do not like Madden calling games, since he speaks in terms of a moron, he was actually good for an audience like this. All the once-a-year viewers can get their "Intro to the Obvious of Football" from Madden. So in that regard it was good for those fan. Other than that, the annoucing sucked. If ever there was a way to get the internet streaming of WDVE in realtime with TV, that would forever rock!

I really feel Michaels is overrated, uses too many cliches, and of course is ant-Steeler. He still feeds of off his Lake Placid Team 1980 USA Hockey announcing

Madden still whines about the "Immaculate Reception" and we all know how he feels about the Steelers !

And both of them "jump on the bandwagon" of the winning team when the game is decided.

You are 120% correct - nothing beats hearing Bill Hillgrove & Tunch Ilkin with their call of the game. In fact I went out to NFL.com and listened to the radio highlights. Almost wish I could here Mryon as well !

BenPFJ1958
02-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I agree with that. It's almost like they didn't want Pittsburgh to win it. The Commissioner didn't even really congratulate the Rooneys when he handed him the trophy. All in all it was cheesy.

The no post game really sucked ! Even CBS and FOX had them after the AFC & NFC Championship games.

Bet if it were a NFL "darling" team that the NFL would have gone out of their way (including the Commissioner) to congratulate them and you would have heard from even the waterboy and equipment manager ! Hmm lets see - Tom Brady and his beloved Patriots come to mind.

Hands down (and I hear this from Browns and Bengals fans) they is no classier, more well run, or respected organization than the Rooneys. AMEN !

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Post game was pretty disappointing in my opinion. I would have liked to have seen more.

OX1947
02-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I could care a flying rats ass about pregame, post game, announcers, bands, singers, field people, streakers, seahawks fans, mike holmgren, station, all I care about is the game. The game is why I tune in. i actually wish they would not do anything but show the game so I dont have to hear about how much everything sucks after every ****ing game whether in the NBA, NHL, MLB, Super bowl, I just wish I could get on TV and tell everyone to go shoot themselves if they are watching a sporting event for the ****ing halftime show..