PDA

View Full Version : NFL Top 10 Safeties

Galax Steeler
04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
I thought this would be a change of pace with things going on.

April 21, 2010 by Andy Benoit | best safety NFL, Bob Sanders Colts, Ed Reed Ravens, NFL best safeties, NFL pro bowl safeties

Friendly Disclaimer: The following list is influenced largely ó but not strictly ó by film study of all 32 teams from the 2009 season. It is not a prediction for the 2010 season, though the future isnít utterly ignored. Stats werenít acknowledged, though players with poor numbers generally donít sneak onto Top 10 lists anyway. Vague enough for you? Top 10 lists tend to be. Thatís why most of you will have no trouble finding ways to gripe over what youíre about to read.

10. Adrian Wilson, Arizona Cardinals

Slowing down ever so slightly. Really a glorified linebacker, but can still generate momentum-changing plays.

9. Brandon Meriweather, New England Patriots

Continues to improve. Fewer mental mistakes could propel him to star status.

8. Antrel Rolle, New York Giants

Deserved every penny the Giants paid him. Flashes playmaking abilities and is a sound open-field tackler.

7. Roman Harper, New Orleans Saints

His presence in the box is a big part of what New Orleans does defensively.

6. Antoine Bethea, Indianapolis Colts

Has been the only constant in Indyís stellar secondary.

5. Nick Collins, Green Bay Packers

Excellent range and instincts.

4. Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos

Emotional leader who is a menace in coverage and always near the ball in run defense.

3. Darren Sharper, New Orleans Saints (currently a free agent)

Still at the top of his Canton-worthy game.

2. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens

Perhaps the most feared defensive playmaker of his generation.

1. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers

Whether heís blitzing, playing in the box, covering underneath or patrolling deep center, heís the most dangerous player on the field.

Wait, What AboutÖ.

Bob Sanders, Indianapolis Colts

Injuries make him unreliable. Besides, Colts were just fine without him last year.

LaRon Landry, Washington Redskins

Doesnít convert his outstanding range into big plays. Also tends to make foolish mistakes at times.

Chris Hope, Tennessee Titans

Very sturdy in the box, but doesnít scare opposing quarterbacks.

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/nfl-top-10-safeties/

steelerdave1969
04-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Nice read Galax. I love Troy and Bob Sanders at this point in their careers as Ed Reed has been injured to the point he has contemplated retiring. I still like the guy and think he was or is one of the Top S's of All-Time as is Troy.

Men of Steel
04-22-2010, 08:59 AM
soon as i read that title. i knew nobody could deny our boy Troy was at number 1.

nobody changes a game or opposing teams game plans, or makes bigger plays at bigger times,.... than troy.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS YEAR TO START TO ROOT FOR OUR OWN # 43 !!!!!!
:tt03:

Steelers>NFL
04-22-2010, 09:04 AM
TP, most valuable player on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Period.