PDA

View Full Version : I've got to admit

desertsteel
02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
The media's continual coverage of the officiating has kept me from truly enjoying what I've waited 25 years for. And it's ticking me off!!!!!!!! The NFL needs to speak up and say which calls they stand behind.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 08:52 PM
The media's continual coverage of the officiating has kept me from truly enjoying what I've waited 25 years for. And it's ticking me off!!!!!!!!
Keep your head up, and enjoy the win... It could be worse.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060206/capt.sb50302060427.super_bowl_football_sb503.jpg

ZornToLargent
02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
The media's continual coverage of the officiating has kept me from truly enjoying what I've waited 25 years for. And it's ticking me off!!!!!!!! The NFL needs to speak up and say which calls they stand behind.
Keep your head up....your team just won the Super Bowl!! Congratulations from a life long Seahawks fan.

Don't worry....the refs will make an official comment on the game some time later this week or next week. They will review it.....and no matter what they say....your team will still have the trophy that I wanted in Seattle so bad....

desertsteel
02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Keep your head up....your team just won the Super Bowl!! Congratulations from a life long Seahawks fan.

Don't worry....the refs will make an official comment on the game some time later this week or next week. They will review it.....and no matter what they say....your team will still have the trophy that I wanted in Seattle so bad....
Thanks ZTL. That means a lot.

PisnNapalm
02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Thank you Zorn. I'm friend with a Seattle fan on another set of forums that are not football related. I just... I dunno. I know he's pissed the Seahawks lost but... all this ref stuff is getting me down.

Neither team brought it's A game. any of a thousand things could affect the outcomes of the game. It's not all about 3 "questionable" calls. Those calls weren't nearly as bad as the Colts game. were they? am I too biased? What was more egregious?

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
The media's continual coverage of the officiating has kept me from truly enjoying what I've waited 25 years for. And it's ticking me off!!!!!!!! The NFL needs to speak up and say which calls they stand behind.Congrats from a long time Seahawk fan yes the officiating was a little suspect but you won fair and square. It will be reviewed as eariler said just ignore it everybody gets a hate on for a winner.

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
My wife and I were talking about this very thing earlier. I was at work and reading some things on the internet, and she likes to listen to the NFL channel on Sirius. Anyways, it was a little bit of a spoiler to be looking into and listening for what we thought would be alot of celebratory talk, only to find things are being overshadowed by all of the crap talk about the officiating.

She was so pissed at what she was hearing that she was talking out loud to the radio...it wasn't until our 2 year old started mimicking her that she realized it!!! :busted:

Anyways....we are still both very excited, and nobody will ever take away from us the happiness we fealt last night watching our boys win the trophy!!!

I'm sure all of this talk will calm down in a week or so (I hope to god it does :grin:) and we will foget all about this crap.

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!!!

shevdog
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM

Thanks! You've got class!

OX1947
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I watched NFL Live, Primetime, NFL Access, all day today and there was hardly anything. Don't let a few losers ruin it for you. I enjoy it, will enjoy it and the Steelers are World Champions and that is it. Nothing can ever change it....

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I watched NFL Live, Primetime, NFL Access, all day today and there was hardly anything. Don't let a few losers ruin it for you. I enjoy it, will enjoy it and the Steelers are World Champions and that is it. Nothing can ever change it....

You bring up a good point! NFL Live, Primetime and NFL Total Access are all great shows that don't tend to get into all the BS....

ESPN on the other hand.......don't get me started.

And what my wife was listening to on Sirius was mostly callers calling in and doing the "refs cost us the game" thing........

hawks>*
02-06-2006, 09:26 PM
I hope it lasts at least for another two weeks so you guys get to go through what we had to put up with, with all the bus and steeler hype before the game. then after that I hope it is quickly fades away.

congrats on the win though. your team did what they had to do to win, and you can't take that away refs or no refs

OX1947
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
^Yah, i was writting ESPN but then I remember running into that joke of a show with skip and woody. I will NEVER watch that show again and ESPN has really become a tabloid station. One of the leading stories on the site was Michael Smith's ref analysis. I hate it because ESPN is the only channell that shows sports all the time and all day. They are like oil companies, no matter how much you hate them, there is no choice, you have to use their product.

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I hope it lasts at least for another two weeks so you guys get to go through what we had to put up with, with all the bus and steeler hype before the game. then after that I hope it is quickly fades away.

congrats on the win though. your team did what they had to do to win, and you can't take that away refs or no refs

Hey, don't blame us for all the media crap. That's the media doing its thing!!!:busted::busted::busted:

Anyways, thanks for being a class act and for the congrats!

justplaythegame21
02-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I have to admit I have been watching TV and reading some of the Seahawk forums and this really is getting to me as well. They just wont let the Steelers have their day Sun :(
I have sent emails to espn and have not even recieved a canned responce.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 04:07 PM

To be honest, yesterday I was pretty upset......but today it's completely different. We earned it. We have it. I'm also noticing that the media is starting to come around now.

Jim Rome, Around the Horn (Adande and Mariotti)...etc. etc.

silver & black
02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Screw what the media and anyone else has to say... The Pittsburgh Steelers are the World Champs! The Steelers overcame suspect officiating in beating the Colts... I didn't hear any cries of foul from the media then. Anything less than congratulations is sour grapes.

This Raider fan gives you all the congratulations and respect that you earned in becoming the Superbowl champions. Enjoy it! You don't get to do this very often !!!

ZornToLargent
02-07-2006, 04:15 PM
When all is said and done...and after the officials give their official review (as though we should all take that seriously)....you folks as well should be hammering for change in the officiating of the NFL.

Damn, imagine if Porter was a Seahawk....how loud talkative would he still be about that game on Sunday?

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Screw what the media and anyone else has to say... The Pittsburgh Steelers are the World Champs! The Steelers overcame suspect officiating in beating the Colts... I didn't hear any cries of foul from the media then. Anything less than congratulations is sour grapes.

This Raider fan gives you all the congratulations and respect that you earned in becoming the Superbowl champions. Enjoy it! You don't get to do this very often !!!

Thanks brother. Yeah, the media remembers what it wants to remember. They lost. We won. 21-10 is all that matters and that's all that will ever matter.

ZornToLargent
02-07-2006, 04:17 PM

No, all the cries then were from Porter himself.

The media is on board now because this officiating debacle was on the biggest stage the NFL has to offer. Of course the Super Bowl would get more attention. Also due to the fact that the Super Bowl was supposedly the best of the best refs....what a joke!

A serious change needs to take place in the NFL officiating department.

ZornToLargent
02-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks brother. Yeah, the media remembers what it wants to remember. They lost. We won. 21-10 is all that matters and that's all that will ever matter.
What a shitty NFL attitude. You would think after all the hollering from Porter about the refs trying to take the game from you against the Colts....The Steelers Nation would be behind this. So all that matters is the final score....no matter what assisted you in getting that score? Wake up!!

As I have said to you folks many times....be happy that your team has the trophy that I wanted in Seattle really bad....but don't be pissed when the rest of the country is calling for changes in the officiating of the NFL. You folks should want a fair game....so nothing can take away from your wins.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 04:19 PM

Class-act :cheers:
based-on this reply-alone, I'll pull for the Hawks.....

..... until next year's Super Bowl! :kick:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 04:23 PM
..... they've been consistently-bad all play-offs long
:cheers:

To use a phrase from an old Clint Eastwood movie:
"Those guys couldn't convict Hitler....."
:dang:

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Class-act :cheers:
based-on this reply-alone, I'll pull for the Hawks.....

..... until next year's Super Bowl! :kick:

Come on - I pulled for the Steelers in this years SB...why cant you do the same for the Patriots in next years? :sofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 04:25 PM

That has to be a Dirty Harry quote...am I right?

NM

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I have 'pulled' for the Patriots the last few seasons ONCE my beloved Stillers have been eliminated:
they epitomize the 'team' concept very-well, in this day of "ME-FIRST" - egos, and what they've done, winning 3-of-4 Super Bowls, in this era of free-agency, is amazing!

That quote was from 1977's "The Gauntlet" .....

ZornToLargent
02-07-2006, 04:32 PM

Exactly why all of the NFL and it's fans need to demand a change.

silver & black
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
No, all the cries then were from Porter himself.

The media is on board now because this officiating debacle was on the biggest stage the NFL has to offer. Of course the Super Bowl would get more attention. Also due to the fact that the Super Bowl was supposedly the best of the best refs....what a joke!

Believe me, If anyone wants the refs to be held accountable for their actions, it's Raiders fans! The officiating gets worse every year! It's time the NFL has full time officials... not doctors, lawyers, school principals, etc... it's f*en pathetic that all other pro sports have full time officials and the NFL doesn't. Untill this happens, officiating in the NFL will always be suspect.

The Hawks made more mistakes than the Steelers... dropped passes, missed field goals, piss poor time management and stupid play calls at crucial times. The Steelers won the game... plain and simple.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 04:39 PM
21-10. All that matters.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
What a shitty NFL attitude. You would think after all the hollering from Porter about the refs trying to take the game from you against the Colts....The Steelers Nation would be behind this. So all that matters is the final score....no matter what assisted you in getting that score? Wake up!!

As I have said to you folks many times....be happy that your team has the trophy that I wanted in Seattle really bad....but don't be pissed when the rest of the country is calling for changes in the officiating of the NFL. You folks should want a fair game....so nothing can take away from your wins.

The only thing taking away from our win is this incessant whining about the officals.
A penalty is a penalty. Breaking the plane is breaking the plane no matter how much of the ball breaks it!! Holding is holding. Hands off means no P.I.
Opinions are like a$$holes every one has one! These were all the refs opinions bottom line.
You keep saying congratulations but what about the calls. Know when to stop!!
If you want referee reform come back and talk about it in a couple of weeks or months!!
Quit qualifying your congratulations, I honestly believe you are above that.

desertsteel
02-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I admit that it's better today. Although I haven't done much besides listen to some NFL Radio on 124 on my commute. There were bad calls both ways, only one serious against the Seahawks that appears unquestionable - the holding call. Stevens fumbled, as noted above. Oh well, 12-10... WE ARE THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fans like ZTL help put things in perspective.

rabidsteelerfan
02-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm going through the same thing......I actually hear a radio show talk about the new saying is going to be "I got seattled", if someone supposable gets screwed over. Talk about wanting to throw the damn radio through the window.

Rust-Buster
02-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I think losing the SuperBowl must be alot like coming to terms with Death.
First there's anger, then there's denial, then the deal making, finally acceptence.
Alot of fans here haven't got to the acceptence part yet.
You guys won, game over. Don't let alot of second guessing get you down.
You know, come to think of, losing the SuperBowl is worst than death.
My dog died on Saturday, the Hawks lost on Sunday.
I think I'm more upset about losing.
At least with death you go to a better place. Losing just sucks.