PDA

View Full Version : Santonio sends an open letter to Steelers fans

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/santonio-sends-an-open-letter-to-steelers-fans/

Santonio sends an open letter to Steelers fans

Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2010 11:55 AM ET

On his official web site, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes bids adieu to Steelers fans via an open letter. He also acknowledges the errors that resulted in the trade that sent him to New York.

"I have made some mistakes in my past that I am not proud of, but the most important thing is that I have learned from them," Holmes writes. "God has given me the opportunity to make a clean start and I am really excited about moving forward in a positive direction."

If he really wants to move in a positive direction, allow us to make a suggestion. As to the image of the phone to the right of the letter, he probably should change the time to something other than "4:20".

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Dude loves his weed, that's for sure.

polamalubeast
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Thank You Steelers Fans for the Great MemoriesThu, April 22nd, 2010
by Santonio Holmes
As one chapter of my life comes to a close, another chapter is just beginning. I would like to sincerely thank all of my fans for making my four years as a Steeler a memorable one. This is the team where I won my first Super Bowl ring, received the Super Bowl XLIII MVP and also won my first ESPY award. How can I move forward and not take those feelings and experiences with me. Those are the ones that left such a great taste in my mouth and wanting to strive for more. The support and encouragement you have given me from day one has been such an inspiration that I will continue to carry with me.

I have made some mistakes in my past that I am not proud of, but the most important thing is that I have learned from them. God has given me the opportunity to make a clean start and I am really excited about moving forward in a positive direction.

To all of my New York Jets fans, thank you for welcoming me with open arms. The 2010 season is going to be a great one. I know the reason Mike Tannenbaum, Coach Ryan and Mr. Johnson brought me to this team is to help win a Super Bowl and I plan on helping them accomplish that goal.

Thank you again for all your support and encouragement.

God Bless,

Santonio Holmes – New York Jets Wide Receiver
.................................................. ........................................

I will miss him.

I love him and I have great respect for him.

Everyone can make mistakes, but unfortunately, because of his mistakes, it is in new york and not a pittsbugh and is very sad.

I wish him the best of luck in New York, I will miss him.

I have great respect for him and I thank her for helping us to win the super bowl in 2008

Fire Haley
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I love the pft comments

Class act Florio. Tomorrow Holmes will be able to make a new start and you will still be a fat, dysplexic, plagarizing scum bag.

You suck.

jjpro11
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
it sucks what how it ended... but it did. nobody here is going to forget the Super Bowl catch.. not now, not tomorrow, not 30 years from now. despite the way he departed, he still gave us some very very good memories. for that i thank him.

now we need to find his replacement. it seems like only yesterday we were trying to replace Plaxico.. and now his replacement has already come and gone. crazy.

SteelKid212
04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I love the pft comments

Class act Florio. Tomorrow Holmes will be able to make a new start and you will still be a fat, dysplexic, plagarizing scum bag.

You suck.

ditto. :chuckle:

CanadianSteel
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Thats actually nice of Tone to post that IMO...... as he coukld also be bitter about the trade.
I hated to see him go (specially for 5th) and he will alwyas be remembered by me for the post season he had in 2008, return against Chargers, TD catch versus Ravens, and the cathes in the Bowl...
When the lights came on he performed... and that will be tough to replace. Too bad ne messed up makes me sad...
Wish him well.... just not versus the Steelers....

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Got to love the 4:20 on his website...either is getting high or celebrating Hilter's birthday...I wonder which it is.

I've been a fan since the OT Catch against the Bengals for a TD his Rookie year. I hope he does just well enough to Not win a SB, but does have a couple good seasons in NY til he gets traded to someone else, which the Jets always do with their talented players.

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 11:45 AM
One of my favorite Steelers...on the field.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
One of my favorite Steelers...on the field.

Oh mine too for sure, everytime he touched the ball you knew he could make a big play. From Punt returns to slants turned into huge gains to miracle open field runs. He was an awesome player.

I'll miss him. He also wore #10 which made me forget about the previous #10.

yeah...I'm gonna miss Holmes big time.

PalmerSteel
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
lol, also, this was published today the 22nd, but you know he probably actually wrote that when he was all in a deep thought, relaxed, chowing on some munchies, on tuesday, 4/20!

colescott1
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Suppose he goes to NY, cleans up his act, and say in 3 years, returns to the black and gold?????

Crazy story, but heard it can happen. :wink02:

tube517
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Santonio will always be a Steeler.

Steelers>NFL
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
He will be missed. But we all knew he would be gone via FA at the end of this season anyway.
I hope he does not kill the Steelers when they play the Jets late in the season.

steelerdude15
04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Even though Santonio made his mistakes (like everyone else), I bid him farewell and good luck in NYC (even though they play in Jersey).

Vincent
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
God has given me the opportunity to make a clean start and I am really excited about moving forward in a positive direction.

Did Pittsburgh do something to prevent Tone from moving in a positive direction?

The last one we dispatched to NY languishes in prison. It'll be interesting to follow this "new direction".

Suppose he goes to NY, cleans up his act, and say in 3 years, returns to the black and gold?????

Crazy story, but heard it can happen. :wink02:

I wouldn't mind having either one of them back. Unlikely, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

AllD
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I just cannot believe anybody would trade integrity and respect in the NFL for weed. Life is about making choices and why would anybody be willing to give up something so sacred for something so ordinary.

fansince'76
04-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Later, Santonio - this one's for you.

adOIOLXbqMA

CaliStillersFan
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I miss Bongtonio!!!! He was my Black and Gold proof that not every stoner is a lazy pothead that veg's on a couch all day playing video games. :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 04:03 AM
Very classy letter. :thumbsup:

I, too, am going to miss Santo and wish him much luck in NY - just NOT when we play the Jets. :chuckle:

Thanks, buddy, for all of the memories! :drink:

Galax Steeler
04-24-2010, 04:07 AM
I think everyone hates to see him go. He was a good player just couldn't clean up his act. I guess we will see if a new start is what he needs.