PDA

View Full Version : Players Punished so far by Goodell

Mags87
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-players-suspended-by-Roger-Goodell#sport=NFL&photo=11153660

interesting to see the who, why, and how long for all who have seen the wrath of Goodell's Banhammer.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I noticed something there. Other then Ben Roethlisberger, all of the other players were one or all of the following: arrested, charged with a crime, found/plead guilty or took a plea deal.

markymarc
04-23-2010, 08:02 AM
While I truly believe Roger is completely wrong with this decision, I am just happy to have this matter closed and can't wait to just move forward.

Stu Pidasso
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
No Ochocinco?

stb_steeler
04-23-2010, 04:19 PM
:ak47: Goodell :rocket::m16:

harts
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Goodell has been out of control
I dont know how you can suspend someone who has not been convicted

I know many of you are saying these guys were arrested - so what

Ben was arrested in the court of public opinion
That's why he has been suspended so long -- not for what he did but for the tarnish to the league

which in reality is subjective
And the stupid NFLPA gives all this power to Goodell to govern as he sees fit.

People in power need checks and balances
Now since Ben has been "railroaded" everyone is starting to wake up to the hypocrisy that is the NFL conduct policy

people are sheep - the media has run way too far with this story

instead of understanding the facts
people are drinking the kool aid --> including Goodell

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
well, he's now on a slippery slope...

ben's suspension now becomes a benchmark to be followed, so it will be interesting to see where this goes...

personally, i don't like one person with power. i'd like for the NFL to devise a "disciplinary committee" made of former players of high character who make these decisions. i think the commissioner has better things to do with his time than looking at pictures of drunken QB's and their nights on the town...

CargoJon
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
well, he's now on a slippery slope...

ben's suspension now becomes a benchmark to be followed, so it will be interesting to see where this goes...

personally, i don't like one person with power. i'd like for the NFL to devise a "disciplinary committee" made of former players of high character who make these decisions. i think the commissioner has better things to do with his time than looking at pictures of drunken QB's and their nights on the town...

Excellent suggestion frankly.

Having read the conduct policy, I fail to see where Ben violated it. His actions were neither violent nor criminal.