PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

polamalubeast
04-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope the steelers draft made that much 0LB not mean we will leave from Lamarr Woodley:banging::banging::banging:

I was very sad to lose Santonio Holmes and I want to lose another young star players:banging::banging::banging:

theplatypus
Apparently we have a shortage of linebackers.

Oh wait, no we don't. :noidea:

Actually we're pretty thin in that department when you look at the backups.

SteelerFanInStl
Completely agree. I don't understand what the Steelers are doing at all.

:iagree: 2 OLB in the first 4 picks :screwy:

43Hitman
He is only 243 lbs, he wont see DE in our defensive scheme

I agree. Maybe they put 10 pounds on him and move him to ILB?

The Duke
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Depth for Keisel, I like it

more like depth for harrison and woodley

he's to small to play de in a 3-4

mesaSteeler
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/thaddeus-gibson?id=496786
Thaddeus Gibson (DE)

Height:
6'2"
Weight:
243 lbs.
Arm Length:
33 in.
Hand Size:
8 3/4 in.
College:
Ohio State
Conference:
Big 10

View Combine Page >>
Featured Prospects
Combine Stats
Bench Press
32.0 reps
3 Cone Drill
6.84 secs
20 Yd Shuttle
4.27 secs

OVERVIEW
ANALYSIS

Overview

Gibson was a productive defender for the Buckeyes over the past two seasons. He has a good combination of size and athleticism, runs well and shows good range in pursuit. He also shows good awareness and instincts to react quickly as plays unfold. He is a solid tackler in a confined area but very inconsistent in the open field. Gibson has good foot agility and quickness and should be able to develop his overall pass-rush package. He lacks great hand use and creativity to counter as a pass rusher but is likely to improve in this area. Gibson needs to gain bulk and strength (especially in his lower body) to make him a more complete defender. He has a chance to be a versatile player who will contribute early on special teams and have a chance to develop into a starter.

43Hitman
Eisen said Bens agent said Ben is gonna make a statement on Monday about his suspension. Hope he really takes this opportunity to turn the negative media around a little.

Me too man. :tt02:

DaGooseMon
04-24-2010, 11:09 AM
I like the pick. I'm just a bit confused why we went with 2 OLB in our first 4 picks of the draft. I thought that was one position we didn't really need.

I'm with you. When we brought Larry Foote back I thought ok, we're good to go at Linebacker, now we can focus on O-Line and CB. Apparently, management doesn't agree with me.

Not that shocking, but still, I don't get it at all.

The Duke
Apparently we have a shortage of linebackers.

Oh wait, no we don't. :noidea:

yes we do, besides harrison and woodley who did we have?

frazier? :rofl:

AlleghanyAdams87
Woodley is going to be re-signed, but move to the right side in a few years, already planning on replacing Harrison and adding guys who bring big energy and will be day one special teams improvements

stillers4me
Eisen said Bens agent said Ben is gonna make a statement on Monday about his suspension. Hope he really takes this opportunity to turn the negative media around a little.

It won't matter. It won't be "sincere" enough, it won't be "humble enough", it won't "admit he raped anybody". It will never be good enough for a large percentage of fans.

focosteeler
more like depth for harrison and woodley

he's to small to play de in a 3-4

yup height wise for sure...i still couldn't believe we took ziggy at 6-3 usually you want 6-4 and up

SteelerFanInStl
If they hadn't taken Worilds already, I'd love this pick.

Exactly!

lamberts-lost-tooth
03/18/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: Representatives from 25 teams, including Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler, were on hand to watch 15 former Buckeyes and nine players from smaller area schools work out outdoors on FieldTurf in Ohio Stadium. These players stood out: Defensive end Thaddeus Gibson (6-2 1/8, 243) ran 4.58 and 4.59 in the 40 and stood on the rest of his results from the combine. Gibson was a top performer among defensive linemen in three events in Indianapolis. Gibson also did a position workout with representatives from the Steelers. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/14/2010 - Thaddeus Gibson was the Buckeyes player most of the 29 NFL teams on hand came to see at Ohio State's pro day workouts Friday. He did not disappoint. The Pittsburgh Steelers were the most visibly interested. They were in full force, with Kevin Colbert, VP of football operations, leading a contingent that included defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and two other coaches. As if sensing their presence, Gibson, of Euclid, entered the Woody Hayes Athletic Center wearing black sweat pants, a gold hoodie sweat shirt and black-and-gold shoes. He was determined to improve his draft stock by showing he can handle the demanding outside linebacker position in a 3-4 defense, and he did. "He did good. Definitely helped himself," said one scout. Gibson said he believed his two 40-yard dashes were in the 4.5s, but the scout later said a more accurate clocking was in the low 4.6s. That was impressive enough. He also was very good in the linebacker drills with everyone watching closely, including OSU coach Jim Tressel. "I felt the jitters. But I think I had a pretty good day," Gibson said. "That was the biggest thing, could I play outside linebacker? There's no doubt in my mind. I'm sure there's no doubt in [NFL coaches'] minds that I can do it." Gibson is projected to go in the second or third round by most draft scout services. - Tony Grossi, The Cleveland Plain Dealer
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1117571

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Woodley is going to be re-signed, but move to the right side in a few years, already planning on replacing Harrison and adding guys who bring big energy and will be day one special teams improvements

if we don't resign woodley ill cry

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I agree. Maybe they put 10 pounds on him and move him to ILB?

This is from NFL's analysis, sounds to me like that may be a plan

Gibson has a large frame and an explosive first step. Fast-twitch athlete who has the speed to be a sideline-to-sideline player and the closing burst to get around the edge. Fluid hips allow him to maintain his speed in transition and stick with backs and tight ends in man coverage. Locates the ball quickly and recognizes screens and draws.

BKAnthem
04-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Another LB???? WTF???????

Kratos
04-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Maybe they think Gibson can play inside. Cause I believe their ultimate plan is to move Timmons into Farriors spot. Maybe they plan to replace Timmons with Gibson when that happens in a year or two. Farrior is 35 after all.

AlleghanyAdams87
LB makes this defense go, and they are the most valuable position to have depth in for special teams

msafford

Right there. Our special teams lost us TOO much games last year. See ya Patrick bailey.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 11:13 AM
ya I just saw his weight...............but what did Keisel start out at

BUCKEYE4EVER
I don't know anything about this guy, do any of you?

TG played DE at OSU also dropped back into coverage in zone blitz schemes. He showed dominance in some games then disappeared in others. This could be why he has fallen to the 4th rd. I believe he should have stayed 1 more year at OSU.

DaGooseMon
yes we do, besides harrison and woodley who did we have?

frazier? :rofl:

Who do we have blocking for our most important player on the field in the first 6 games? Keamatu? :rofl:

We do not have an O-line built to run the ball. And with Ben out, Mendenhall is about to realize what pressure in the NFL is. So, you can complain about depth at LB, but our starters on the O-Line aren't good. They just aren't.

43Hitman
03/18/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: Representatives from 25 teams, including Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler, were on hand to watch 15 former Buckeyes and nine players from smaller area schools work out outdoors on FieldTurf in Ohio Stadium. These players stood out: Defensive end Thaddeus Gibson (6-2 1/8, 243) ran 4.58 and 4.59 in the 40 and stood on the rest of his results from the combine. Gibson was a top performer among defensive linemen in three events in Indianapolis. Gibson also did a position workout with representatives from the Steelers. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/14/2010 - Thaddeus Gibson was the Buckeyes player most of the 29 NFL teams on hand came to see at Ohio State's pro day workouts Friday. He did not disappoint. The Pittsburgh Steelers were the most visibly interested. They were in full force, with Kevin Colbert, VP of football operations, leading a contingent that included defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and two other coaches. As if sensing their presence, Gibson, of Euclid, entered the Woody Hayes Athletic Center wearing black sweat pants, a gold hoodie sweat shirt and black-and-gold shoes. He was determined to improve his draft stock by showing he can handle the demanding outside linebacker position in a 3-4 defense, and he did. "He did good. Definitely helped himself," said one scout. Gibson said he believed his two 40-yard dashes were in the 4.5s, but the scout later said a more accurate clocking was in the low 4.6s. That was impressive enough. He also was very good in the linebacker drills with everyone watching closely, including OSU coach Jim Tressel. "I felt the jitters. But I think I had a pretty good day," Gibson said. "That was the biggest thing, could I play outside linebacker? There's no doubt in my mind. I'm sure there's no doubt in [NFL coaches'] minds that I can do it." Gibson is projected to go in the second or third round by most draft scout services. - Tony Grossi, The Cleveland Plain Dealer
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1117571

Thanks a lot LLT. I feel really comfortable about him now. If Colbert and company went to watch him personally, and raved about him, I'm happy to have him.

focosteeler
so what position is next? DB...OL...DL...

Aussie_steeler
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks LLT

That read says it all. This year they have really gone after specific players and it looks like that they are comfortable in sitting and wating for them.

Package the 2 5ths and lets get a good DE ( Al Woods) or a SS ( Chancellor)

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Special Teams is best played by young guys looking to prove themselves in my opinion. The way special teams is played in the pros is pretty much the same as college and even earlier, energy, discipline and fire.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 11:15 AM
We started this draft with two very good OLB's and virtually NO DEPTH behind them. We now have two talented young studs to fill in when needed.

How many games did we loss in the last quarter last year because our winded older starters couldnt get off the field due to the lack of depth behind them?

We signed a ILB and a Safety to help with those situations...and now we are taking care of depth at OLB...very simple

43Hitman
TG played DE at OSU also dropped back into coverage in zone blitz schemes. He showed dominance in some games then disappeared in others. This could be why he has fallen to the 4th rd. I believe he should have stayed 1 more year at OSU.

Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

The Duke
yup height wise for sure...i still couldn't believe we took ziggy at 6-3 usually you want 6-4 and up

no, more like weight wise

He's like 240, way too light

6-3 is good for hood, he showed he could play last year. His weight is also ideal to play de, around 290-200

gibson is about 50 pounds away from that

Hotrodder07
It would be nice if they believe he has the potential to move to ILB. At least it would make more sense than drafted 2 OLB in the first 4 rounds when we have Woodley and Harrison.

And I guess they have some CBs in mind that they think they can still grab in the 5th? I can't imagine we don't draft any CBs this year, when it's such a big need for us.

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 11:16 AM
We started this draft with two very good OLB's and virtually NO DEPTH behind them. We now have two talented young studs to fill in when needed.

How many games did we loss in the last quarter last year because our winded older starters couldnt get off the field due to lack of depth behind them?

At least 5 games that I can remember.

focosteeler
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is now in the top 10 available...i hope we trade up to get him

AlleghanyAdams87
Who do we have blocking for our most important player on the field in the first 6 games? Keamatu? :rofl:

We do not have an O-line built to run the ball. And with Ben out, Mendenhall is about to realize what pressure in the NFL is. So, you can complain about depth at LB, but our starters on the O-Line aren't good. They just aren't.

This new o-line coach is going to change the way this o-line plays. No more exotic protections, more pushing straight ahead, getting to the second level and pulling athletic guards like Pouncey and Kemo. Kemo could thrive under the new coaching

SH-Rock
Bengals take DT Geno Atkins

Kratos
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
It would be nice if they believe he has the potential to move to ILB. At least it would make more sense than drafted 2 OLB in the first 4 rounds when we have Woodley and Harrison.

And I guess they have some CBs in mind that they think they can still grab in the 5th? I can't imagine we don't draft any CBs this year, when it's such a big need for us.

Yeah, maybe they'll just draft 3 cb's in the 5th and hope one of them pan out. And grab a rb with the other pick. I know they won't do that but it wouldn't piss me off.

SH-Rock
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is now in the top 10 available...i hope we trade up to get him

or Dominique Franks, both are great CB

43Hitman
What picks do we have in the 5th? I know we have four of them, just don't know where.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:18 AM
What picks do we have in the 5th? I know we have four of them, just don't know where.

20, 24, 33, 35.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM
what weight did Keisel start at???

xXTheSteelKingsXx
We are going to clean up in the fifth. Hopefully Cam Thomas continues to fall and we can grab Blount also.

Hotrodder07

20 (151) Steelers
24 (155) Steelers (From Eagles through Jets)
33 (164) Steelers (Compensatory selection)
35 (166) Steelers (Compensatory selection)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:5

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:20 AM
270lbs at Byu, Keisels weight in college (Senior Year)

lamberts-lost-tooth
Cam Thomas is still on the board also

The Duke
20, 24, 33, 35.

That's 4 picks in a span of 15 picks

I love it :thumbsup:

for a trade

We are going to clean up in the fifth. Hopefully Cam Thomas continues to fall and we can grab Blount also.

Oh man, thomas still available? Trade for this guy please!!!!

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
what weight did Keisel start at???

i dunno he is listed at 285 on nfl.com which is surprising to me i thought he was bigger than that

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Gibson is 243

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
jeeze philadelphia has 3 pciks in the next 5 why is that not us!?!

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM

thanks that was bugging me because I knew he bulked up in 06-07

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
20 (151) Steelers
24 (155) Steelers (From Eagles through Jets)
33 (164) Steelers (Compensatory selection)
35 (166) Steelers (Compensatory selection)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:5

Thanks

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
the DEs in our scheme are the size of DTs in the 4-3, 280-310 lbs, i dont see gibson putting on 50 lbs

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
the DEs in our scheme are the size of DTs in the 4-3, 280-310 lbs, i dont see gibson putting on 50 lbs

I don't either, I think he'll be an ILB or OLB.

Aussie_steeler
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Kafka's gone - there goes one of our QB's we were talking about last week.

Has anyone sighted Tony Pike or Jevan Snead?

BKAnthem

How many games did we loss in the last quarter last year because our winded older starters couldnt get off the field due to the lack of depth behind them?

We signed a ILB and a Safety to help with those situations...and now we are taking care of depth at OLB...very simple

well according to some of the guys on this board those games still would have been lost because rookies don't play no matter how good they are...especially not in crunch time...so it can't be both ways...

Big7BenHOF
So far I think our draft is a B-. Came away with our future center, two pass-rushers to provide depth at a position that has virtually none, and a speedy receiver to help out the return game as well.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
well according to some of the guys on this board those games still would have been lost because rookies don't play no matter how good they are...especially not in crunch time...so it can't be both ways...

If the Steelers had picks that were starting from day one every year, then they would continually have years like the last. Ill take a Championship and developing a Ziggy Hood type guy for a few years instead of getting top ten picks. And Pouncey is gonna go from Day one here and be a huge upgrade

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM

lol

Gay is terrible....everybody and their sister wanted to abuse him last year

our rookies got on the field and screwed it up

They better be training like Rocky IV if we're going to even get to the level of mediocre for that unit

God Help us if Troy gets hurt again

The Duke
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Ok, woods' gone

Only good dt left is thomas (that I know of)

trade, trade!!

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
In our D there will never be guys like Revis or Champ Bailey. WE play wayyyyy to much zone for true man up corners, and thats what wilson was earlier in the draft. I believe they wouldve taken Haden though, perfect fit for the D.

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Trade and get Thomas!

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
There goes Norwood.

BKAnthem
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
We still need a corner, O-tackle and depth at ILB...So far we have a Center(which i love) a wr and 2 OLB when ILB was a more immediate need, especially with Farrior slowing down and timmons seemingly more suited to the outside....competition is always a god thing and i think Colbert is making a mistake if he doesn't bring in players good enough to compete for staring jobs at those need positions....

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
There goes Norwood.

If theres one position this team evaluates, it is olb, and we picked 2 players before this guy.

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
If theres one position this team evaluates, it is olb, and we picked 2 players before this guy.

True.

Kratos
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Is Owusu-Ansah still available?

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Is Owusu-Ansah still available?

Yeah and that Double Down from KFC is disgusting

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok, woods' gone

Only good dt left is thomas (that I know of)

trade, trade!!

Jay Ross is still a possibility

BKAnthem
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
If the Steelers had picks that were starting from day one every year, then they would continually have years like the last. Ill take a Championship and developing a Ziggy Hood type guy for a few years instead of getting top ten picks. And Pouncey is gonna go from Day one here and be a huge upgrade

It's not about starting, well in it way it is..but more to the point, it's about identifying an area of need...and then drafting competition for that area to improve it....

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Well Akwasi is taken by the Cowboys :banging::banging::banging:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
We're going to get a stud power back next round. I can feel it. Anthony Dixon, Jon Dwyer, LaGarrette Blount, Charles Scott and Stefon Johnson all still on the board.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM
unbelievable that we haven't tried to trade up

Do we even have the ability to get all these guys to the practice field

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
We're going to get a stud power back next round. I can feel it. Anthony Dixon, Jon Dwyer, LaGarrette Blount, Charles Scott and Stefon Johnson all still on the board.

Dwyer is the way to go

lamberts-lost-tooth
Well Akwasi is taken by the Cowboys :banging::banging::banging:

Dominigue Frank is still available.

The Duke

add joique bell

maybe not a power back, but a good backup to mendenhall regardless :thumbsup:

Jay Ross is still a possibility

hmm, don't know much about him, but he seems like an NT too

I just hope he get one, lol

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
It's not about starting, well in it way it is..but more to the point, it's about identifying an area of need...and then drafting competition for that area to improve it....

I dont disagree about drafting need. It seems we need DBs. But I think and the way this draft is making it look, they like Mundy, Lewis and Burnett. Ike, Troy, and other starters we have had took 2 years to start. Its just the way we do things and it equals World Titles.

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Dominigue Frank is still available.

I don't think he'll stay like that for our current 5th round pick

Believe43
Really would have liked to got Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, hope they know something I dont but I thought going in our #1 concern was cornerback!?

lamberts-lost-tooth

Nice list....I'm thinking they may go with Dixon....though I would prefer Scott or Dwyer. If we werent avoiding character concerns I would be pulling for Blount, who I believe has matured .

BUCKEYE4EVER

+1 I seen a few Georgia tech games and this guy always stood out he could become a great back.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
add joique bell

maybe not a power back, but a good backup to mendenhall regardless :thumbsup:

Yeah. Forgot about Bell. Heck if we want to go speed instead of power, Brandon Minor and Andre Dixon (UConn) are still sitting there.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Cam Thomas would be my next pick if available, we may trade up in the 5th

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Really would have liked to got Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, hope they know something I dont but I thought going in our #1 concern was cornerback!?

Unless they believe that Keenan Lewis is the answer and the fans didnt get to see that because of his injury?:noidea:

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
+1 I seen a few Georgia tech games and this guy always stood out he could become a great back.

i think part of that though is the kind of offense they ran...everything ive looked at said that in another system he wouldve been average at best...not trying to take away from him but just some opinion i guess

Pittsky
04-24-2010, 11:49 AM
i can't believe we haven't tried trading up either....feels like we're missing out on some good players but you gotta just trust they know what they are doing...they sure as hell know more about football than I. if you or I were making the picks everyone would want us fired too...you can't make everyone happy....there's alot of players over the years i thought for sure were gunna be something and did nothing...

theplatypus
04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
I want Myron Rolle and Legarrette Blount in the 5th.

BKAnthem
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Unless they believe that Keenan Lewis is the answer and the fans didnt get to see that because of his injury?:noidea:

Didn't dude play in 10 games last year? It just seems to me it's time to draft some comp for that position

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Didn't dude play in 10 games last year? It just seems to me it's time to draft some comp for that position

Id like to see them add one guy. But do they value anyone enough to do it? I think the 5th is gonna see NT, DB, RB and another olineman

theplatypus
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
i can't believe we haven't tried trading up either....feels like we're missing out on some good players but you gotta just trust they know what they are doing...they sure as hell know more about football than I. if you or I were making the picks everyone would want us fired too...you can't make everyone happy.

You can't possibly know that they haven't tried. The general managers from other teams have to want what we're offering in order to trade up. It's a really simple concept that some just can't seem to grasp.

BUCKEYE4EVER
04-24-2010, 11:54 AM
i think part of that though is the kind of offense they ran...everything ive looked at said that in another system he wouldve been average at best...not trying to take away from him but just some opinion i guess

You could be right but what impressed me about Dwyer even in that system . He showed good speed and would break tackles inside or on the outside. The guy was not afraid to take a hit or get the tough yard.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
How awful was those first two nights on espn. Gruden loves everybody, Tom Jackson is obviously not a thinker, Berman adds nothing. They were 4-5 picks behind at times. I had to turn it off.

theplatypus
04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
You could be right but what impressed me about Dwyer even in that system . He showed good speed and would break tackles inside or on the outside. The guy was not afraid to take a hit or get the tough yard.

He also played in the ACC which isn't exactly known as a powerhouse football conference.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Still on my wish list:

NT Cam Thomas
TE's Michael Hoomanawanui or Nate Byham
CB Dominigue Franks
RB's Charles Scott or Jonathan Dwyer or Anthony Dixon or LeGarrette Blount
ILB Micah Johnson (probably as a UDFA)
SS Barry Church

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 12:01 PM
How awful was those first two nights on espn. Gruden loves everybody, Tom Jackson is obviously not a thinker, Berman adds nothing. They were 4-5 picks behind at times. I had to turn it off.

I know it's a bit late now, but the NFLN is/was streaming the draft live at NFL.com.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Still on my wish list:

NT Cam Thomas
CB Dominigue Franks
SS Barry Church

...so much for Michael Hoomanawanui :banging:

The Duke
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Chancellor gone....

Wanna see a trade here!

pancake
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Still on my wish list:

NT Cam Thomas
CB Dominigue Franks
SS Barry Church

I like your list, but would like to add FB John Conner. I don't think he has went yet either.

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Chancellor is gonna struggle in coverage anyways

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
wow coaches are putting a lot of Faith that Troy isn't going to get hurt again

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM
wow coaches are putting a lot of Faith that Troy isn't going to get hurt again

yeah no doubt about that

vtw8lftr
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM
franks gone :banging:

Pittsky
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
haha, franks gone....da da da....

pancake
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
franks gone :banging:

oh well... :noidea:

Kratos
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
4 picks coming up and pickins are getting thin.

Kratos
Cox gone.

lamberts-lost-tooth
I'm getting a feeling that TE Nate Byham is going to be in Black & Gold.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Cox gone.

They can have Cox...dont want him on our team.

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
They can have Cox...dont want him on our team.

never ever ever

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
wouldn't mind the kicker out of Mich St Swenson

Im getting sick of Jeff Reeds 15 yard line kicks

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I love the Gibson pick. With him and Worlids we can hopefully say bye to mediocre backups at OLB like Frazier, Bailey and Arnold Harrison.

I'm a little disappointed that we didnt take Jason Fox in the 4th, but maybe Kyle Calloway will be around in the 5th.........and we will pass on him too:doh:. I'm thinking we will see a RB in the 5th now.

Kratos
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Seattle got Leon Washington for a 5th and got a 7th back.

The Duke
04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm getting a feeling that TE Nate Byham is going to be in Black & Gold.

Yay!

might as well package spaeth in a trade too

GMU Steeler
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Haha the lineman the Bills just drafted I met since his dad and my dad worked together.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I love the Gibson pick. With him and Worlids we can hopefully say bye to mediocre backups at OLB like Frazier, Bailey and Arnold Harrison.

I'm a little disappointed that we didnt take Jason Fox in the 4th, but maybe Kyle Calloway will be around in the 5th.........and we will pass on him too:doh:. I'm thinking we will see a RB in the 5th now.

agreed a RB would be nice or S

pancake
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
I guess we are just going to pass rush and not cover anyone...

I hope this means they see a lot of improvement out of Lewis and Burnett.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
My prefered 5th round would probably go Dwyer(Blount or Dixon also), Cam Thomas, Myron Rolle and probably Capers(Kalloway or Black also).

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
and there goes thomas

a big WTF for not moving up at all

jollyrob68
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM

I wish they had a better list of whats left. I like Kyle Calloway.

We need a RB,Safety,CB OL FB/TE(dorin ?) ILB

xXTheSteelKingsXx
So what is up ith Donavon Warren? I remember that at the end of last season some had him as our number one overall pick. He has really fallen from that spot.

Psyychoward86
Dam, there goes Cam......Casey Hampton's replacement some time in this draft please? Lol

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
And there goes Cam and I was right about Franks as well

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Go for Dwyer

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Dam, there goes Cam......Casey Hampton's replacement some time in this draft please? Lol

The good news is that we have Big Snack signed for a few years....Its not the end of the world if we wait until next year to find a young backup for him.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNo-AznJ73I&feature=related

vid of sander check out :44 and 2:24 and u can see why they picked him

xXTheSteelKingsXx
Tennessee might be in the market for a power runner but other than that we should get our choice of the remaining backs. If we go that route...

acumen
Gaaaaaaah! Why couldn't they trade up for THomas!? I was calm up to now.Now I'm pissed. Ho hum. Donovan Warren please?

The Duke
Well, my only dissapointment is not getting Cam

Jay ross will do. please?

Calloway, a runningback, Ross....

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
On deck...

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
We're on the clock! Please lets get a good pick and not have this board meltdown again.lol

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Dwyer Please!!!

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-24-2010, 12:48 PM
OK LETS PICK ANOTHER LINEBACKER!!! WOOOOOO

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
And the pick is......Chris Scott T out of Tenn.

SH-Rock
OT Chris Scott

The Duke
:( no Byham

Haven't heard of scott, any inside?

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Pros: Thickly built player with great height. Gets his hands inside defenders and has a strong punch. Reads fast and takes proper angles. Has the strength be a road-grader in the running game. Finishes blocks and shows a mean streak. Played extensively in the SEC.

Cons: Lacks the lateral range in pass protection to stay with more athletic edge rushers. Footwork is inconsistent, and he takes too many false steps. Does not have the hip fluidity and agility to be an effective blocker in space. Struggles to recover and right himself when he gets in trouble.

Source:NFL.com

BKAnthem
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Chris Scott....hmmmm

43Hitman
Looking forward to hearing what Gonzo has to say about our new lineman, Chris Scott.

focosteeler
Faneca was cut ahahah!

yeah haha

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 12:52 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/nfl_draft_offensiveline/NqurMA0OmXLYIT_BehNXODLmE6TUPedQ

Here you go.

03/18/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: Every NFL team was present in Knoxville, including Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, and three offensive line coaches from Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Detroit. They observed 14 Volunteers and these players stood out: Offensive lineman Chris Scott (6-4 5/8, 320) did position drills. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1125472?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

xXTheSteelKingsXx
Listed as a guard on ESPN.

Believe43
Would have rather had Selvish Capers

Big7BenHOF
04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
It's an alright pick. We still have three more in this round so I'm not gonna over-analyize this.

focosteeler
Listed as a guard on ESPN.

yeah i saw that...what do you think we will try him at?

Hotrodder07
I'm disappointed. I was hoping for another OLB...:chuckle:

I really don't know much about this guy. Hope he's good.

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Bengals take Otis Hudson (G)

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Maybe they figure its cheaper to pay a guard here than a running back. Can grab Dwyer at 24. lol

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah i saw that...what do you think we will try him at?

I don't know. Seems to me that we are already stacked at back up guards. :noidea:

By that reasoning, I'll say tackle. :chuckle:

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Maybe they figure its cheaper to pay a guard here than a running back. Can grab Dwyer at 24. lol

or 33, the teams in between are not looking for a RB

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 12:57 PM
He's supposed to be another mean streak type guy who loves to finish. Pouncey and Scott really sound like Sean Kugler guys (which is a good thing).

Pittsburgh Steeler's return of the running game: Commence!

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 12:58 PM
This draft will end up being a suprise to everyone now, but in 2 years, maybe listed as genius.

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't know. Seems to me that we are already stacked at back up guards. :noidea:

By that reasoning, I'll say tackle. :chuckle:

:mg: very nice :applaudit:

pancake
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
He's supposed to be another mean streak type guy who loves to finish. Pouncey and Scott really sound like Sean Kugler guys (which is a good thing).

Pittsburgh Steeler's return of the running game: Commence!

He is a road grader type. All of his highlights were run blocking.

SH-Rock
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Steelers traded next pick at 33

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
This is a typical Steelers pick for an offensive lineman. He has a huge body and is better in the run game right now than in the pass game. But he adds depth to an offensive line that desperately needs it.

Mike Mayock...

lamberts-lost-tooth
From NFL.com

Looks like we drafted him as a OG.

Scott has played a lot of football at Tennessee as a starting left tackle, but he lacks the lateral range and foot agility to play on the left side at the next level. He is a powerful blocker who generally wins the battle once he gets his hands on opponents and can simply engulf or smother ends when blocking down for the run. He is quick to read blocking schemes and takes good angles to get to where he needs to be, but he will struggle when he needs to recover and right himself against good movement by defensive ends. He has enough going for him to eventually become a starter on the right side but will need some work on his footwork.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/chris-scott?id=497050

Steel_Bus_24
poor jason

pancake
We just traded our 155 pick to Arizona.

Hotrodder07
04-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Anyone hear the details of the trade?

Hypocycloid
I'm at work...
WHat did we trade for?

Pi Kapp Steeler
did we trade our pick>?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
What did we get for that trade???

The Duke
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Ugh, the jaguars got another great pick- Austen Lane

I think he could make an excellent transition to a 3-4 DE

too bad, just before our picks

BUCKEYE4EVER
They traded pick 155 for who or what ?
I just seen they got pick 195 and Bryan Mcfadden

ajs8207
We got back bryant mcfadden! Wow

Psyychoward86
i really dont like Chris Scott's highlights...

Big7BenHOF
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
We just got McFadden back.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Pittsburgh traded pick No. 155 to Arizona for pick No. 195 and CB Bryant McFadden, who returns to the Steelers. #nfldraft

Believe43
04-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Traded Arizona for McFadden back in Black and Gold, and pick 195

focosteeler
im happy with that!

Steel_Bus_24
ahhh

The Duke
BMac?

ok....

for a 5th round pick I'll take it I guess

Doesn't he have a 5 million contract though?

tony hipchest
woohoo!!!! we got b. mcfadden back in black!

AlleghanyAdams87
wow good trade even tho he played bad last yr, wow im suprised

Psyychoward86
lol really? Well there you have it guys, were bringing back our superbowl crew together lol

theplatypus
WOW! Mcfadden is back

Pi Kapp Steeler
bryant mcfadden1!!!!

GMU Steeler
Welcome back McFadden.

Kratos
we got Bryant McFadden back!

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Ill take it............1st thing Ive really liked since Pouncy

pancake
We just got mcfadden back... :toofunny:

Sansi
GOOOOOOOOD move.

Pi Kapp Steeler
yaaaaa we got a DB

stillers4me
The lightbulb just went on..........!

focosteeler
lol really? Well there you have it guys, were bringing back our superbowl crew together lol

yup:tt04::tt04:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
Woooo B-Mac is back!!!

Raw Steel
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Didn't have to pay him his bonus so it's just his base salary.

pancake
Looks like we also have their 6th round pick

Psyychoward86
BMac?

ok....

for a 5th round pick I'll take it I guess

Doesn't he have a 5 million contract though?

naw, i remember he had a very manageable contract

This makes up for the Santonio Holmes trade id say :noidea:

tony hipchest
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
if we get blount and pike with our comps i will be satisfied.

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Steelers get McFadd and pick 195

Cards get pick 155

Kratos
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Getting B-Mac back lets me breathe a little easier now. I feel much better.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
if we get blount and pike with our comps i will be satisfied.

The way that we keep bringing former players back.....we might get MEL Blount!!

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Getting B-Mac back lets me breathe a little easier now. I feel much better.

and a extra pick. I agree I feel so much better with B-Mac

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Our next pick is the one we got for losing McFadden too.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
and a extra pick. I agree I feel so much better with B-Mac

yeah at least McFadden can tackle

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM

double dippin... :sofunny:

stillers4me
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM

ding ding ding! We get BMac back plus the pick we got for letting him go in the first place! I hope he has some steam left in him!

Hotrodder07
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
This is unbelievable. For only a 5th round pick, we get Bryant McFadden and a 6th rounder? Awesome trade! :tt04:

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 01:12 PM
If troy can stay Healthy we're going to be nasty again

The Duke

haha

Nate Byham please!

theplatypus
All in all I'm quite pleased with this draft thus far. We have an immediate upgrade at G/C,an immediate upgrade at CB, a speedy WR/Punt Returner, 2 strong candidates at LB, an OT prospect, and 5 picks remaining.

Oh that's right the front office has lost it's mind and doesn't know what they're doing.

Kratos
Now they can move Gay to Nickel or dime, competing with Lewis and Burnette. That one addition really makes things look a lot better.

GMU Steeler
That's what the third guy from the 'XL team who is back: Foote, Randle El, and now McFadden. Glad he's back. I still remember him deflecting a Manning pass to Reggie Wayne in "The Tackle" game.

focosteeler
who do we take with our next 2 picks now? RB and what?

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
If Dwyer, Blount, and Dixon all went right in a row right now before we pick i would cry so much

AlleghanyAdams87
I think rb is soon

xXTheSteelKingsXx
The trade makes me wonder what Arizona saw in John Skelton.

Steel_Bus_24
Now they can move Gay to Nickel or dime, competing with Lewis and Burnette. That one addition really makes things look a lot better.

very much so man......:tt02:

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 01:14 PM
The trade makes me wonder what Arizona saw in John Skelton.

i think its more lack of trust in Matt Leinart

pancake
All in all I'm quite pleased with this draft thus far. We have an immediate upgrade at G/C,an immediate upgrade at CB, a speedy WR/Punt Returner, 2 strong candidates at LB, an OT prospect, and 5 picks remaining.

Oh that's right the front office has lost it's mind and doesn't know what they're doing.

What a big difference a trade for B-mac makes.

43Hitman
The way that we keep bringing former players back.....we might get MEL Blount!!

From your lips to God's ears!

My Favorite All Time Top 5

1.) Lambert
2.) Blount
3.) Woodson
4.) Polamalu
5.) Bradshaw

Kratos
04-24-2010, 01:15 PM
i think its more lack of trust in Matt Leinart

That seems to be the case.

Psyychoward86
one of these 2 5th rounders is bound to be Blount or Dixon (Who both visited us) or even Dwyer!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
If Dwyer, Blount, and Dixon all went right in a row right now before we pick i would cry so much

Cleveland and maybe Indy would take a back but I think those are the only teams ahead of us that might.

jollyrob68
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
What a big difference a trade for B-mac makes.

YEs, we got him back!:tt04::tt04:

theplatypus
who do we take with our next 2 picks now? RB and what?

I still want to see Blount and Rolle.

Kratos
one of these 2 5th rounders is bound to be Blount or Dixon (Who both visited us) or even Dwyer!

You would think,and I'd be happy with that!

xXTheSteelKingsXx

Same here.

Kratos
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Same here.

Same here as well.

pancake

That would make this draft so much better and it just got really good.

focosteeler
im with you on that...Blount and Rolle PLEASE

Believe43
Faneca just got cut from the Jets

GMU Steeler
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Cleveland and maybe Indy would take a back but I think those are the only teams ahead of us that might.

Didn't Cleveland take a back yesterday? Not saying it's impossible but I think the back they took was a power back. Doesn't make sense for them to pick two guys who are the same kind of back in the same draft. I remember the Cowboys drafting Felix Jones and Tashard Choice a couple years back but they were different kinds of back. Anyhow, hoping we get a power back with our next pick for those crucial short yardage situations.

Kratos
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Didn't Cleveland take a back yesterday? Not saying it's impossible but I think the back they took was a power back. Doesn't make sense for them to pick two guys who are the same kind of back in the same draft. I remember the Cowboys drafting Felix Jones and Tashard Choice a couple years back but they were different kinds of back. Anyhow, hoping we get a power back with our next pick for those crucial short yardage situations.

Yeah Cleveland took Hardesty, the guy I really liked.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Yeah your right. I forgot they took Hardesty.

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah Cleveland took Hardesty, the guy I really liked.

Browns just took a SS...

GMU Steeler
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Vikes just took a lineman.

pancake
Vikes just took an OT...

Kratos
2 picks away

pancake
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Colts took Eldridge, Brody TE

Psyychoward86
Blount please! I want our run game to bludgeon people too lol.

SH-Rock
Dolphins traded with Redskins

pancake

and Rolle

lamberts-lost-tooth
Gotta think we may go Rb...or possibly ILB Jamar Chaney...who will play ST's for a while.

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM

:chuckle: Hell Yeah! :tt03:

Ricco Suavez
I would be happy with Dixon

stillers4me
Hey....Bettis is currently out of a job..........:huh:

GMU Steeler
I think we uh go with a back and safety here.

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
There goes another S off the board Reshad Jones from Georgia goes to the Dolphins.

SH-Rock
We're up!

focosteeler
I think we uh go with a back and safety here.

i hope so

pancake
We are up with both guys sitting there...

Psyychoward86
I think we should draft a safety first. Then Blount, (since there's 3 backs that we like that will still be there)

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
CORNER?? WHY???

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
now we take a cb

43Hitman
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
CB Crezdon Butler

SH-Rock
Steelers take Crzedon Butler

pancake
33 (164) Steelers (Compensatory selection) Butler, Crezdon CB 6'0" 191 Clemson

43Hitman
We're up again right?

GMU Steeler
Hmmm a CB. You know I do remember hearing that Keenan Lewis was considered as a possible safety so maybe that's a plan.

BUCKEYE4EVER
Anyone know anything about the clemson CB?