PDA

View Full Version : What does our starting O-Line look like now?

Nighthawk
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
LT - Starks
RT - Colon
LG - Kemo
RG - Pouncey
C - Hartwig

Does Urbik break into the starting Lineup at a guard spot and let Kemo possibly play RT?

truesteelerfan
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't think they'd put Kemo at Tackle....His pass protection isn't good enough. I wish he could play Center and I wish Colon would be traded.

truesteelerfan
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
My guess is:

Starks
Kemo
Hartwig
Essex
Colon

Sorry, not very original I know....but better depth on OL and DL after our 2 last 1st rounders.

The Duke
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't think he'll start immediately

Have a feeling urbik will be at RG though....

Chidi29
04-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Could definitely see Pouncey starting over Essex. Essex's pass blocking was so awful last year.

Prok
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Could definitely see Pouncey starting over Essex. Essex's pass blocking was so awful last year.

I hope Pouncey earns himself a starting job right out the gate. Hell i wouldn't mind him starting at C either.

:tt:

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
It will be really disappointing if Urbik doesn't take a step up this season.

This should be Hartwig's last season with the Steelers.

dunkuntou
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't think he'll start immediately

Have a feeling urbik will be at RG though....

Urbik, Pouncey, Essex and Foster will battle for the right guard spot with Pouncey winning out. In 2011, Pouncey will take over at center and Urbik will start at right guard (hopefully).

LT- Max Starks
LG- Chris Kemoeatu
C- Justin Hartwig
RG- Maurkice Pouncey
RT- Willie Colon

Bench- Trai Essex (G/T), Kraig Urbik (G), Jonathan Scott (T), Ramon Foster (G/T), Doug Legursky (G/C)

Say goodbye to Tony Hills. Legursky could get cut but he got a lot of playing time last year and has continued to improve.

Merchant
04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Urbik, Pouncey, Essex and Foster will battle for the right guard spot with Pouncey winning out. In 2011, Pouncey will take over at center and Urbik will start at right guard (hopefully).

LT- Max Starks
LG- Chris Kemoeatu
C- Justin Hartwig
RG- Maurkice Pouncey
RT- Willie Colon

Bench- Trai Essex (G/T), Kraig Urbik (G), Jonathan Scott (T), Ramon Foster (G/T), Doug Legursky (G/C)

Say goodbye to Tony Hills. Legursky could get cut but he got a lot of playing time last year and has continued to improve.

What he said.

Psyychoward86
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
why would they move kemo to RT

focosteeler
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM

LT- Max Starks
LG- Chris Kemoeatu
C- Justin Hartwig
RG- Maurkice Pouncey
RT- Willie Colon

EXACTLY

Steely McSmash
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Maybe they trade Hartwig for a 7th. Maybe depends who they need to start the first 4 games at QB. Might need more experience at Center for protection calls.

Let Pouncey or Legursky start at C. Urbik/Foster fight it out at safety. Essex is a great backup for everything except center.

Of course we could end up with a RT tomorrow and they we can all suggest moving Colon inside again.

wootawnee
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
He's our new right guard.....

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't look past Jonathan Scott winning a job on the line.. He played well at the end of the season last year with the Bills and he's entering his prime. Plus his Bills OL coach is now our OL coach.

I'm not a huge Kemo fan since I think he makes a lot of mistakes but I believe he will be the LG..

I see Hartwig starting at center again..

Galax Steeler
04-23-2010, 04:31 AM
They are saying that Pouncey could be a day one starter. I hope so hopefully he can give our offensive line a boost.

markymarc
04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Here is what I think:

LT - Starks
LG - Kemo
C - Hartwig
RG - Urbik
RT - Colon

IMO this will be the last season Hartwig will be our starting center. Pouncey will be the starting center in 2011. At this point, I see the RG battle between Urbik and Pouncey. I think Essex will be our top backup tackle now. We have very young and talented depth now at the guard position with Ramon Foster and Doug Legursky. I see Urbik taking a big step forward in 2010 and he ends up winning the starting gig.

wdsteel
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Urbik can play RT he just has to get up to pro speed.
this year.. Starks..Kemo...Hartwig...Pouncey...Colon
2011 Starks..Kemo...Pouncey...Colon...Urbik
or Starks...Kemo...Pouncey...Foster...Colon

NJarhead
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
By all accounts, Pouncey will be our starting RG on opening day.
I don't agree at about Kemo ever moving to OT and I always thought I remember hearing that Colon would be better inside at OG, which is why I'm scratching my head about why we passed up Bulaga. Although, I'm quite happy with Pouncey.

Just my take.

OneForTheToe
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM

LT- Max Starks
LG- Chris Kemoeatu
C- Justin Hartwig
RG- Maurkice Pouncey
RT- Willie Colon

I like this, but usually we only keep 9 o'linemen. I could see us keeping 10, but then we have to have less elsewhere. I said on the other thread that I though Legursky had a future, and I still think so. However, I could also see the Steelers say Legursky, Foster and Urbik fight it out for two spots.

steelerdave1969
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
LT - Starks
RT - Colon
LG - Kemo
RG - Pouncey
C - Hartwig

Does Urbik break into the starting Lineup at a guard spot and let Kemo possibly play RT?

I dont think there is a chance in Hades that Kemo ever moves to either OT. No way. Tomlin said on NFL Network today that Pouncey will start off at G and go from there in the future.

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't get the Urbik love .Because he was picked in the 3rd round its automatic this guy is going to improve? You mean like Bruce Davis improved in his 2nd year? This guy got beat out by rookie free agent Foster last year for the backup spot.. What makes you think he is going to leap above Foster? Foster can't improve either? Makes no sense to me..

Prok
04-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't get the Urbik love .Because he was picked in the 3rd round its automatic this guy is going to improve? You mean like Bruce Davis improved in his 2nd year? This guy got beat out by rookie free agent Foster last year for the backup spot.. What makes you think he is going to leap above Foster? Foster can't improve either? Makes no sense to me..

I don't think it's so much Urbik love as it is optimism and hope that these draft picks start panning out.