PDA

View Full Version : pouncey to be used at guard

mwittman5
04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Pouncey-happy-he-landed-with-Steelers/c1943d8c-a31d-43b3-a86f-be1f7fd5ccb2

It feels great man, said Pouncey. I wanted this from day one. I'm so happy to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. I just like the Steelers so much.All the fans and the city; that's the team I met with at the combine and I fell in love with. They weren't my favorite team growing up, but now since I've been to the combine and I've watched all the great years they've had - I about fell in love with the Pittsburgh Steelers. I can't wait to get there. Its unexplainable.

Pouncey will initially be utilized by the Steelers at guard, a position he started at as a freshman at before moving to center.

right guard since kemoatu us a good left guard

Sansi
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I am so happy tonight. It made my night after an AWFUL day of doctor's visits that this guy was the happiest player in the draft when he was called by our team.

mwittman5
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM
not surprizing, but hopefully he'll move to center when the time is right

agreed, I think they should move hartwig to guard, hes a vet and could handle it. Let pouncey play his best position center

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-23-2010, 12:57 AM
When they showed the clip of Pouncey celebrating at his home, was the jersey being held by one of his (I presume) family members a Steeler's jersey? I couldn't tell and wondered if anyone else caught it. Reminds me of Holmes swinging the Terrible Towl back when his name was called.

SteelPride1207
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm not sold on Pouncey but I am 100% fan of his at this point. I hope we get him into whatever position brings out his best.

If Pouncey can work out and we can squeeze ONE MORE quality lineman (hopefully getting Hartwig a seat on the bench)....we might be able to cut down on all our QB sacks and get some decent line push in our running game.

mwittman5
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
When they showed the clip of Pouncey celebrating at his home, was the jersey being held by one of his (I presume) family members a Steeler's jersey? I couldn't tell and wondered if anyone else caught it. Reminds me of Holmes swinging the Terrible Towl back when his name was called.

ya it was a ward jersey

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
ya it was a ward jersey

Nice. Did anyone else catch the akward man hug and kiss he gave his brother. I swear it looked like open mouth on the lips. LOL He must have been real excited.

steelerdude15
04-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Let's see what you got Pouncey, welcome to the Steelers!

Steelers>NFL
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Great pick! Welcome Pouncy.

VTsteel
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Agreed, great pick. His versatility I think was a major selling point and I am happy that we got a 1st round OL. He's young with a tremendous upside. Plucking a guard is a signal that we are most likely going back to a smash mouth style of run 1st offense. And given that in a couple years Pouncy may end up being our center - This pick makes a ton of sense. Good Job!

markymarc
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
We now have our starting center for at least the next 10 years. While it would have been nice to pick up Dan Williams or Kyle Wilson, the Steelers filled a big need and picked up the best center. Hopefully this kid is ready to take on behemoth NTs!