PDA

View Full Version : What happens October 31st at New Orleans...?

ricardisimo
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Let's speculate a little, and suppose that Ben serves his full six-game suspension, and that Dennis Dixon goes 6-0 with a 90+ passer rating over that period.

What then? Who starts in New Orleans?

MJ5150
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
I'll be at that game, so I'll let you know.

Bens suspension is only going to last four games anyway though.

-Mike

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Let's speculate a little, and suppose that Ben serves his full six-game suspension, and that Dennis Dixon goes 6-0 with a 90+ passer rating over that period.

you aren't being serious are you?

First off Leftwich will be starting and he'll only be playing in the first four games..

Ben will be back after they bye week once he meets all the stuff he needs to do to get back on the field.

MattsMe
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM

Drew Brees. :coffee:

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM

:sofunny:

Steel_Bus_24
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM

I dunno man that Madden Curse get him by then

JackHammer
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
I predict a giant costume party!!

ricardisimo
04-23-2010, 01:00 AM

First off Leftwich will be starting and he'll only be playing in the first four games..

Ben will be back after they bye week once he meets all the stuff he needs to do to get back on the field.

I am serious (as serious as one can be while idly speculating on such things).

You have no idea who is going to start those four-six games.

And Ben had far less experience than Dixon when he took over the team, went undefeated until Maddox got healthy, and never looked back.

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I am serious (as serious as one can be while idly speculating on such things).

You have no idea who is going to start those four-six games.

And Ben had far less experience than Dixon when he took over the team, went undefeated until Maddox got healthy, and never looked back.

Big Ben was a first round draft pick.. Maddox was on a very short leash in 2004 since he was god awful in 2003.. Big Ben won his first start and there was no looking back..

Dennis Dixon will not be the starting QB to begin the year..

MJ5150
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM

Poor Dennis. He probably thought he was going to get a chance when all the suspension talk started, then we go and get Byron back. I can imagine the look on his face when he picked up the paper and read that headline. :D

-Mike

ricardisimo
04-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Big Ben was a first round draft pick.. Maddox was on a very short leash in 2004 since he was god awful in 2003.. Big Ben won his first start and there was no looking back..

You don't think Ben's on a short leash right now? What planet do you live on?

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 01:38 AM
You don't think Ben's on a short leash right now? What planet do you live on?

Planet Reality.

If you really think that Dixon is a candidate to replace Big Ben you must be smoking what Holmes does every day.. dixon isn't an NFL QB.. You guys that don't want to accept that and live in fantasy land with your Madden 10 game or watching Oregon Ducks games go ahead and be my guest. I'll live in reality.. Big Ben is our QB and will be our QB for the foreseeable future once his suspension is over.

ricardisimo
04-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Planet Reality.

If you really think that Dixon is a candidate to replace Big Ben you must be smoking what Holmes does every day.. dixon isn't an NFL QB.. You guys that don't want to accept that and live in fantasy land with your Madden 10 game or watching Oregon Ducks games go ahead and be my guest. I'll live in reality.. Big Ben is our QB and will be our QB for the foreseeable future once his suspension is over.

Which doesn't answer the question: What happens if the Steelers are undefeated after Ben has served his suspension, and Dixon has shined all the while? Does anyone think that a disgusted Art Rooney now gets to shop a rested and chastened (and psychologically counseled) Roethlisberger around for perhaps even more than he would have gotten before the suspension? Keep winning and save money, or keep winning and stick with the proven veteran?

As far as Dixon vs. Leftwich... I saw Byron stink it up pretty badly against what turned out to be less-than-stellar Bills, Cowboys and Giants teams. Meanwhile, Dixon nearly won in Baltimore, in overtime.

Galax Steeler
04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I would say that Ben gets his job back there will be no way we pay him that kind of money to sit on the bench no matter how well the other quarterbacks are a doing.

BlockMonsta
04-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Planet Reality.

How is he not a NFL QB? He played very well against bal.

pancake
04-23-2010, 03:44 AM

The only thing the NFL did to help us out, was give us a Bye after week 4. So Ben has 2 weeks to get ready.

nedsat
04-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Then Ben comes in and get even better rating!

zulater
04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
How is he not a NFL QB? He played very well against bal.

He played well for a half, and fairly awful in the second half.