PDA

View Full Version : Teletubbies is a WORK OF GENIUS!!!!!

I_Luv_Teletubbeyz
02-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Teletubbies is one of the most brilliant shows to come to the screen. While most people will only view it as a children's show, it is much deeper and more complex. I am a huge fan of the show, and I don't even have any kids! (I'm 31 years old)

First we have the 4 Teletubbies - Tinky-Winky (Purple), Dipsy (Green), Laa-Laa (Yellow) and Po (Red). Besides having a TV in their bellies, each one has a distinguishing shape above their head. The color and shape reflect each of their personalities.

Po, the smallest, is the child; playing happily, dancing, doing whatever she wants. Laa-laa is adolescence. She skips, she bounces, and she plays with the ball that represents new challenges that develop during this period of the life. Tinky-winky, the largest, carries the bag of the adult, representing the responsibility of middle age. Finally Dipsy, the tophat-wearing green tubby, is the old man, living out his fantasies with his declining years.

Another unique component of the Teletubbies is the place in which they live. We have a surreal landscape, with large bunnies roaming amidst the serene meadows and beautiful flowers. However, they are not just mindless animals - we are able to see what they are feeling. One of the most outstanding features is the baby in the sun, always smiling, representing the innocence and hope of a new day. Notice how the colors of the landscape are non-primary, and the interiors contrast with primary. We also have another place, the underground place where the teletubbies make custard or play with Noo-noo the vacuum cleaner. This creates a supernatural quality that is nothing like anything we see in reality - it is somewhat eerie.

A huge component of Teletubbies is the comedy - it is an original British comedy in the spirit of Monty Python etc. I laugh each time I watch it.

The world of the Teletubbies also shows high-tech items as part of their everyday lives, despite the obvious youth of the Teltubbies, from the biolovical TV implants to the talking trumpet.

One of the messages of the show is that, for better or for worse, technology forms a significant part of the foundation of the lives of young people. It warns that someday man in his corruptness may renounce the notion that naturality and morality are superior to technology and embrace technology as being superior to everything.

Many Sci-Fi films show technology being an increasing part of society. Teletubbies shows an extension of this by making technology a huge part of the youthful Teletubbies. In their world, rattles, dolls, and balls are a thing of the past. It is an intermediate step between our world and a world in which technology dominates every facet of people's lives, old or young. Teletubbies would have been a complement to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey because it would be a manifestation of technology's increasing dominance on life.

If you've never seen the show before, please disregard any preconceived notions you may have of this show - most people seem to dismiss it before viewing it. Watch it with an open mind and you will see what a work of art this show really is.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
:coffee:

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
:rofl:

Hello? Am I in The Twilight Zone?

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 02:01 AM
WOW....hehe

While I'll admit that my kids love the show, and I've kinda taken a likeing to it......I've never EVER considered any of the things you wrote about the show......

WOW......is all I can say........and...

Can I get some of what you're smoking?? :grin:

ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!

SlinginSammy
02-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Is he for real?

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
This should teach us all that ummm...drugs are bad..umm...drugs are bad M'kay.

beSteelmyheart
02-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Sorry, but those things just freak me out.
They look like something that would come to life in the middle of the night, crawl up into your bed & wake you up only to hear you scream as they kill you. And I thought clowns were freaky, these take the award.:horror:

SteelerzGirl
02-07-2006, 06:27 PM
(I'm 31 years old)

Really? Cuz your profile says this...

Date of Birth:
January 7, 1982

Koopa
02-07-2006, 08:20 PM

Date of Birth:
January 7, 1982

the dude likes teletubbies, leave him alone he's confused.....i hope

beSteelmyheart
02-07-2006, 08:27 PM

Date of Birth:
January 7, 1982

Get im, girl! Probably just another troll who hates the taste of crow.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
This should teach us all that ummm...drugs are bad..umm...drugs are bad M'kay.

http://edition.cnn.com/2000/fyi/student.bureau/12/06/brain.on.drugs/story.fried.eggs.jpg

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 10:05 PM
i liken the teletubbies to The Beatles. think about it, Tinky-Winky, the controversial John Lennon of the group. Lala brings the sensitivity of creativity of McCartney. Dipsy is the quiet, spiritual one like Harrison. And cute,loveable Po, ala Ringo. And remember last year when Tinky Winky married that Koreon puppet and said that the tubbies were more popular than Jesus?

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
....... And remember last year when Tinky Winky married that Koreon puppet and said that the tubbies were more popular than Jesus?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice.......

Stlrs4Life
02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Terletubbies are gay, I refused to let my little girl watch them. They don't teach kids anything.

R2sojr
02-08-2006, 11:13 PM
damn u got alot of time on ur hands....u need laid my friend

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 08:45 AM
come on now guys, dont discourage this person.......

i cant wait to hear his(?) review on THE WIGGLES.

lol

Suitanim
02-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Compared to many of the Pats, Colts, Broncs, Bungal, Browns and now Squak fans who've posted here this season, teletubby boy sounds like a damned genius, and his post makes perfect sense.

3 to be 4
02-10-2006, 07:19 PM
come on now guys, dont discourage this person.......

i cant wait to hear his(?) review on THE WIGGLES.

lol

The WIGGLES!! NOW, you're talking, Tony!!!!

Greg is the talent. Anthony is the mind. Murray is the soul. Jeff is the Blood and Guts.

I worry about Jeff, though. I think he might be a bit retarded.

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM

Greg is the talent. Anthony is the mind. Murray is the soul. Jeff is the Blood and Guts.

I worry about Jeff, though. I think he might be a bit retarded. jeff is definitely slow. and his sleepiness cant be an excuse. anthony is pimping it. hes the one out there, while preforming, who actually knows he can pick up mega babes doing what hes doing. hes gotta be a long lost austrailian cousin of elvis!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 07:57 PM

well all he does is sleep, but he does play a mean accordian :bouncy:

beSteelmyheart
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Here I am, back again..drawn to this Teletubbie thread like a crackhead in need of a fix...a serial killer returning to his crime scene...a vulture who spots fresh roadkill...:horror:
Ah yes...it is said that your addictions can kill you one day..:smoker:
We are all just Teletubbie metaphors with our shallow little lives, searching for some greater meaning, some purpose in our lives..:screwy:
Will we find it here?:grouphug:
:poop:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Do you see what happens when footbal ends!!!

3 to be 4
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
And no word for the poet, Wiggle Greg. He of yellow cool. Fruit Salad. Yummy Yummy.

did anyone else get disturbed by the little girls in the horse costumes going swish! swish! swish!?

Stlrs4Life
02-11-2006, 09:13 AM

No watching of the Wiggles either, they are also gay.

Chronicgaming
02-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey, at least this post isn't about that purple dino. I think they started airing Barney after I outgrew childrens programming so I never had to watch it. I hope Barney is gone by the time I have kids, cause he would drive me INSANE.

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey, at least this post isn't about that purple dino. I think they started airing Barney after I outgrew childrens programming so I never had to watch it. I hope Barney is gone by the time I have kids, cause he would drive me INSANE.

My 6 year old nearly drove us over the edge with Barney when she was 2. One sunday afternoon we had to watch "Barney Castle" 6 times in a row. Barney's bad, but not as bad as those hideous actor children. phoney little creeps.
Tina. I HATE Tina. in one Barney video she had broken her arm. Good!!, i thought.
Michael was a little rump swap, always sucking up to Barney. And whats with BJ? Red shoes but no pants?

tony hipchest
02-11-2006, 01:12 PM
And no word for the poet, Wiggle Greg. He of yellow cool. Fruit Salad. Yummy Yummy.

did anyone else get disturbed by the little girls in the horse costumes going swish! swish! swish!? yes. and can we all agree captain feathersword has ADHD?

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
yes. and can we all agree captain feathersword has ADHD?

Man, did you see him run with those Crunchy, Munchy, Honeycakes??? :bouncy:

tony hipchest
02-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Man, did you see him run with those Crunchy, Munchy, Honeycakes??? :bouncy:

lmao! and keep that dude off roller skates please! hes a danger to everyone

dudes been swimming with the dolphins a little too much.

3 to be 4
02-12-2006, 05:49 AM
And can we talk about Calliou, the little whiner. I hate that little kid.

And George Shrinks. F*** George Shrinks! But i gotta say, George Shrinks mom is the finest cartoon character ive seen this decade.