PDA

View Full Version : Store Clerk Wins $258.5 Million...

SteelerEmpire
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Lucky SOB.... I bought 5 tickets on that Wednesday evening too, but I didn't win squat... LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36723890/ns/us_news-wonderful_world/

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
seriously...I'd take 1/10th of that.

Vincent
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Thats just grand!! God bless him.

WH
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope hes ready to handle all the shit that comes with winning lottery ( business propositions, crooked bankers, crooked accountants, and most annoying of all....beggers)

revefsreleets
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
These knuckleheads are all the same. He just won enough money to buy a small country, and he talks about paying off his utility bills and taking a trip to Disney (I'm ignoring the thing about his teef).

The money always winds up with the people least equipped to understand just how much money this actually is...

NJarhead
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
These knuckleheads are all the same. He just won enough money to buy a small country, and he talks about paying off his utility bills and taking a trip to Disney (I'm ignoring the thing about his teef).

The money always winds up with the people least equipped to understand just how much money this actually is...

I'm always thankful that guys like this get it over someone who's already loaded.

WH
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm always thankful that guys like this get it over someone who's already loaded.

i hope he doesn't get swindled out of it by people who are already loaded.

revefsreleets
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Rich people don't play the lottery. But why can't it be some guy who's NOT an inbred hillbilly for a change? Most of this money is going to end up wasted in Branson, Missouri and probably in the pockets of some televangelist, or, worse yet, the President of Nigeria....

WH
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Rich people don't play the lottery.

Ummmm....yeah they do. They probably play it more than non-rich people.

Funny that mr. Shaw has 28 dollars in his bank account, bills that need desperatly paid, and three kids to feed and he spends 5 dollars on a lottery ticket.

revefsreleets
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Actually, I stand corrected. Money isn't quite the factor that education is. The more educated a person is, the more likely they are NOT to play the lottery. High School drop-outs plays at an exponentially higher rate than PhD's.

I looked it up on the "internets". College Educated people essentially learn not to play.

The Patriot
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM

After he spends the first $300,000 I think he'll begin to get an idea.

Pittsky
04-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Ummmm....yeah they do. They probably play it more than non-rich people.

Funny that mr. Shaw has 28 dollars in his bank account, bills that need desperatly paid, and three kids to feed and he spends 5 dollars on a lottery ticket.

haha...true...i didn't think of that...hey f it. it paid off

Pittsky
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
After he spends the first $300,000 I think he'll begin to get an idea.

he'll spend that.....look at his account again...realize it didnt move....and be like "oh shit"

SteelerEmpire
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Actually, I stand corrected. Money isn't quite the factor that education is. The more educated a person is, the more likely they are NOT to play the lottery. High School drop-outs plays at an exponentially higher rate than PhD's.

I looked it up on the "internets". College Educated people essentially learn not to play.

lol... Yea. I don't think that guy spent too much time in college... lol... What did he say ? "He plans to seek advice from people who know about money " ... lol....But man, its one hell of an opportunity to spend $1 or $5 with the possibility to get $258 + Mil in return... You'll never find that ratio in stocks or the business world... its ridiculous.

revefsreleets
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I read somewhere at a relatively early age that the odds of winning the lottery are only slightly higher than FINDING a winning lottery ticket laying on the ground.

That was about all I needed to know. I occasionally toss a buck or two into the community lottery pot at work when the jackpot is huge, though...what can it hurt?

NJarhead
04-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Rich people don't play the lottery. But why can't it be some guy who's NOT an inbred hillbilly for a change? Most of this money is going to end up wasted in Branson, Missouri and probably in the pockets of some televangelist, or, worse yet, the President of Nigeria....

A couple rich folks won it a few years ago (wall street type) and it pissed me off. Happened like twice within as many years.

smokin3000gt
04-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Our plant manager missed the FL lotto by the LAST number! Talk about a kick in the nutts.

Godfather
04-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I read somewhere at a relatively early age that the odds of winning the lottery are only slightly higher than FINDING a winning lottery ticket laying on the ground.

That was about all I needed to know. I occasionally toss a buck or two into the community lottery pot at work when the jackpot is huge, though...what can it hurt?

I'm the same way. If it's a really huge jackpot it gets my attention and I might be willing to waste a buck or two that I would have spent on a candy bar or bag of chips. Hell, someone wins sooner or later and you might as well take a shot.

But I don't play on a regular basis.

SteelerEmpire
04-23-2010, 05:29 PM
A couple rich folks won it a few years ago (wall street type) and it pissed me off. Happened like twice within as many years.

It was a relative of a friend of mine that was a wall streeter and won it a few years ago... he might have been one of those guys...

NJarhead
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
It was a relative of a friend of mine that was a wall streeter and won it a few years ago... he might have been one of those guys...

Wow, really? Tell him I said "**** you." :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
04-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow, really? Tell him I said "**** you." :chuckle:

lol... that will be about the 400th time he will hear that when I do... lol