PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad pick here...

CargoJon
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
If we have as much luck with Sanders as we did with Wallace, we'll be in good shape.

JSH6487
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Well the last pick was a Bruce Davis clone...here's to hoping this pick is a Mike Wallace clone.

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I like this pick.. Good job Colbert.. Still a crappy pick in the 2nd..

SH-Rock
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, a lot of analyst say that he's undersized and probably will be a 3rd or 4th receiver, which is true with the steelers, but Mike Wallace weighs less than him and only 2 inches bigger. Lets go steelers! :tt03:

polamalubeast
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Still a crappy pick in the 2nd..

lamarr woodley:coffee:

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, a lot of analyst say that he's undersized and probably will be a 3rd or 4th receiver, which is true with the steelers, but Mike Wallace weighs less than him and only 2 inches bigger. Lets go steelers! :tt03:

Mayock thinks he can play outside.. ESPN didn't talk about him..

Chidi29
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm fine with the pick. Playing a spread out offense, you can take advantage of his speed underneath and create some mismatches. Get him on a nickel/dime back or a linebacker paying back in zone.

Route running is extremely raw, however. Don't expect him to make a contribution right away.. Guy had never even run a curl route until the Shrine Game.

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Alonzo Jackson.. :coffee:

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 10:01 PM

Bruce Davis, Alonzo Jackson, Huey Richardson :coffee:

polamalubeast
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Bruce Davis, Alonzo Jackson, Huey Richardson :coffee:

Joey Porter:coffee:

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Can somoeone please explain why the steelers have blown 3 great oppurtunities to select solid players of pressing need who were of greater value than the steelers settled for. Some notables they have passed up: Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, Kyle Wilson, Bryan Bulaga, Brandon Ghee, Terrence Cody, Sean Lee, Major Wright, just to name a few.

touchdownward
04-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I like this pick for the fact he has kick return skills. We've been needing a small speedy guy for returns. Also, reports are he is a tough cookie that doesn't mind going over the middle.

STEELAMANIA
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Check out his combine video here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816d4860/2010-Combine-workout-Emmanuel-Sanders

This kid is gonna be special.

Burghfan58
04-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Neon Dieon Sanders in the third round is a bargain. Oh, never mind its Manny Sanders. My bad.

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNthxAPLaFw

Not a bad highlight reel

Kratos
04-23-2010, 10:20 PM

Not a bad highlight reel

He's got some serious moves and makes some pretty tough catches. Mayock said he's a tough guy and you can see he throws his body around.

tony hipchest
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Well the last pick was a Bruce Davis clone...here's to hoping this pick is a Mike Wallace clone.he will be a special team demon, and his pass rush skills have been compared to elvis dumervil

Yeah, a lot of analyst say that he's undersized and probably will be a 3rd or 4th receiver, which is true with the steelers, but Mike Wallace weighs less than him and only 2 inches bigger. Lets go steelers! :tt03:mike wallace weighs 200 lbs.

where do you guys get your info?

tony hipchest
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Can somoeone please explain why the steelers have blown 3 great oppurtunities to select solid players of pressing need who were of greater value than the steelers settled for. Some notables they have passed up: Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, Kyle Wilson, Bryan Bulaga, Brandon Ghee, Terrence Cody, Sean Lee, Major Wright, just to name a few.they are all ripping bong hits with santonio holmes right now, and goodell informed us we would forfeit 2 first round picks if we even looked at them.

Vincent
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
When we take an unknown like Jason Worilds to be a “back up OLB and STs player” I grimace because of the misses in the Second. Going back to 67, these come to mind…Sweed, Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, Jeff Graham, Mark Behning, Chris Kolodziejski, John Meyer, Willie Fry, Robert Barber, Ken Phares, Ernie Ruple, and Rockne Freitas. But the Second has actually brought us many of our better players… Lamarr Woodley, ARE, Kendrell Bell, Marvel Smith, Kordell Stewart, Brentson Buckner, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Carnell Lake, Dermontti Dawson, Delton Hall, Sidney Thornton, Ray Pinney, Jack Lambert, Gordon Gravelle, Jack Ham, and Ron Shanklin.

And if you recall, Lambert was taken as a back up OLB and STs player.

CargoJon
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Look at the bright side guys...we could be the Saints. #1 offense in the league with two excellent QB's - lost their starting SLB in FA. One of the best o lines in the league.

They pick a CB, a project O lineman, and a project TE.

Their fans must be pulling their eyelashes out right now.

steeldawg
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Not really crazy about that second round

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 10:34 PM
When we take an unknown like Jason Worilds to be a “back up OLB and STs player” I grimace because of the misses in the Second. Going back to 67, these come to mind…Sweed, Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, Jeff Graham, Mark Behning, Chris Kolodziejski, John Meyer, Willie Fry, Robert Barber, Ken Phares, Ernie Ruple, and Rockne Freitas. But the Second has actually brought us many of our better players… Lamarr Woodley, ARE, Kendrell Bell, Marvel Smith, Kordell Stewart, Brentson Buckner, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Carnell Lake, Dermontti Dawson, Delton Hall, Sidney Thornton, Ray Pinney, Jack Lambert, Gordon Gravelle, Jack Ham, and Ron Shanklin.

And if you recall, Lambert was taken as a back up OLB and STs player.

Kordell was horrible

Prok
04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
He's got some serious moves and makes some pretty tough catches. Mayock said he's a tough guy and you can see he throws his body around.

I was happy Mayock had such high thoughts of him as well. He said we Steelers fans would love him. I like the pick.

:tt:

Pittsburgh43
04-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Kid looks good on the youtube highlight video.

Check out the block at around 3:30, he really throws his body around.

Vincent
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Kordell was horrible

Kordell had all the talent in the world. He just wasn't a particularly good NFL QB. As many have said, if he played WR, he'd be in the HoF.

The turning point for him was the 97 AFCCG. He wasn't the same after that. Although he made the Pro Bowl in 2001 and was team MVP.

So, no, he wasn't horrible. His problem was that the Rooneys coined Heinz Field the "House Kordell built", and the kid simply wasn't up to that kind of pressure.

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Here is a nice tidbit you guys might wabnt to take note of

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/steelers-nab-wr-emmanuel-sanders-in.html

Notes:
-SMU's career leader in receptions, touchdown catches and yards
-Suspended last two games of the 2008 season for multiple rule team violations.
-2005 honorable mention Freshman All-American at both wide receiver and kick returner by The Sporting News
-Sociology major at SMU
-Chose SMU over Kansas, Houston, Baylor and TCU
-Four-sport letterman - football, baseball, basketball, and track in high school

I guess character wasn't a concern when the steelers made this selection

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Kordell had all the talent in the world. He just wasn't a particularly good NFL QB. As many have said, if he played WR, he'd be in the HoF.

The turning point for him was the 97 AFCCG. He wasn't the same after that. Although he made the Pro Bowl in 2001 and was team MVP.

So, no, he wasn't horrible. His problem was that the Rooneys coined Heinz Field the "House Kordell built", and the kid simply wasn't up to that kind of pressure.

I actually thought the end of 2000 and to the 2001 AFC Championship game was his best QB play. I thought he recovered but the 2001 AFC championship game was the end.

Although it should be noted we lost that game more on special teams than the play of Kordell(two TD's given up).. The Pats couldn't move the ball in that game except for the one TD drive

Shoes
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
I was happy Mayock had such high thoughts of him as well. He said we Steelers fans would love him. I like the pick.

:tt:

Mayock thought all our pick were good. I'm happy so far!

Prok
04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Seems every year we get high grades by talking heads.

I just want our mid to late rounders to pan out for a change. We NEED to start hitting on these picks so when re-build time comes it's a smoother transition for us imo.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

the dude was drafted by Pittsburgh... I wouldn't call him the model of an unbiased person when it comes to his Steelers. :chuckle:

Shoes
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
the dude was drafted by Pittsburgh... I wouldn't call him the model of an unbiased person when it comes to his Steelers. :chuckle:

That makes him that much more qualified imo. Its amazing how many people can call a guy a bust before he puts the pads on. Even more amazing is the people on this forum who think they could do a better job picking. I suppose if they could they wouldn't be on this forum. I'm frankly about to bailout since this forum seems to be gearing more and more to a jr high school mentality. Happy draft!

The Duke
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
I loved the pick. Only WR other than shipley, and maybe that guy roberts, that I found worthy of a 3rd round pick

Check out his combine video here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816d4860/2010-Combine-workout-Emmanuel-Sanders

This kid is gonna be special.

Yeah, but never better than SWEEEEEEEEEEED!! :chuckle:

Havik
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Awful pick. They could have gotten Andre Roberts instead, who is a better prospect. The Steeler's 2010 draft picks are getting worse and worse.

football4ever
04-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Not a bad highlight reel

Just FYI, that highlight video didnt have any of his last two seasons at SMU, all freshman and sophmore stuff there.

BigBen2WardPITT
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM
short fast wide outs are a dime a dozen (for example, Randle El), I would have liked a tall guy here.

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
short fast wide outs are a dime a dozen (for example, Randle El), I would have liked a tall guy here.

no they're not....wide receivers in general are huge hit or miss prospects

Godfather
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM

We already have SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

SteelManiac55
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Absolutely love this pick. He's fearless going over the middle, very quick, has some great moves. Love it.

BigBen2WardPITT
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
We already have SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

god i hope you're joking. He's terrible.

Edman
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Here is a nice tidbit you guys might wabnt to take note of

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/steelers-nab-wr-emmanuel-sanders-in.html

Get back to me if Sanders gets arrested shortly after the draft.

BubbyBrister
04-26-2010, 02:18 PM

He was suspended because he was playing for a 1st year coach who had a 3-strikes policy trying to make an example that he would suspend anybody, even the stars on the team.

His infractions were: late to study hall twice, and 5 minutes late to a team meeting.

SteelGhost
04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
He was suspended because he was playing for a 1st year coach who had a 3-strikes policy trying to make an example that he would suspend anybody, even the stars on the team.

His infractions were: late to study hall twice, and 5 minutes late to a team meeting.

Beat me to say that Bubby. Some coaches have really hard rules. The guy isn't a bad citizen so far :wink: