PDA

View Full Version : Lamarr Woodley

steel9guy
04-24-2010, 12:05 AM
It's been bugging me the past few weeks that Lamarr Woodley's contract runs out after this year and we haven't locked him up long term yet. Will we be able to with the salary cap? and do you think we will? I would find it hard to believe that the Steelers wouldn't sign him but big names have left before.

cloppbeast
04-24-2010, 12:08 AM
It's been bugging me the past few weeks that Lamarr Woodley's contract runs out after this year and we haven't locked him up long term yet. Will we be able to with the salary cap? and do you think we will? I would find it hard to believe that the Steelers wouldn't sign him but big names have left before.

He's not the type of guy the Steelers would let go, imo. But his contract situation does worry me a little.

steel9guy
04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm worried cause Troy is up in 2011 and I'd guarantee we sign him so hopefully we have enough cash to do it if the salary cap is implemented again.

The Duke
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
If holmes was still here I'd be worried because they would only sign one of them

Trust me, da wood will be a steeler for years :tt02:

MongoSteeler
04-24-2010, 03:18 AM
He'll be signed before the start of the season.

Galax Steeler
04-24-2010, 05:09 AM
They will probably wait till after the draft to address his contract. Woodley will not go nowhere there is still plenty of time to sign him.

solardave
04-24-2010, 09:51 AM
They will probably wait till after the draft to address his contract. Woodley will not go nowhere there is still plenty of time to sign him.

They will sign him long term right after the draft. Hell, they might even ask Ben to restructure his contract. It's happened in the past with other players. If I remember right Jerome did it and I think Hines did too.

stlrtruck
04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Steelers typically don't work on contracts until they are up (if I remember correctly). The first time they did that was with Hines Ward a few years ago.

I do think however, that they might want to tie Woodley up for a few more years before the commish puts the league in jeopardy.

GBMelBlount
04-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Unless something has changed from what I read about Woodley's mind set when he was drafted, I would imagine we will sign him and at a "fair" price.

AlleghanyAdams87
04-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Late May, Early June, Woodley WILL be extended and probably long-term (5-6 yrs)

Sharkissle29
04-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Woodley is gonna be around around, no worries

polamalubeast
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I hope the steelers draft made that much 0LB not mean we will leave from Lamarr Woodley:banging::banging::banging::banging::mad:

I was very sad to lose Santonio Holmes and I want to lose another young star players:doh::banging::banging::banging::mad::bangi ng::mad:

jjpro11
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
i was worried when we had to worry about Holmes' contract in addition to Woodley.. but now, i don't see anything in the way of letting us resign Woodley.

Steelersfan4life0655
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
yeah, i was thinking about this the other day. but like some have said, we will sign him to a long term. so when that happens ill be buying my woodley jersey!!:tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Woodley will be signed...we are drafting Linebackers to increase our Tackling skills on Kick Coverage teams and that's it. These LB Draft picks aren't about Starters, they are about tightening up one of the biggest weaknesses we had last year, tackling on freaking kicks.

Our starters are all locked in, eventually, we'll need to replace Silverback, but we have a lot of talent for the LB Core at this point, but don't want to keep having to put starters on Kickoff.

So now, we will draft guys that can effing tackle and stop giving the other team the ball to start drives at their own 40 yard line.

atlsteelers
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
great depth and special teams all great picks...let see who makes the team? i am so gald to be talking football agian...

RoethlisBURGHer
04-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Woodley will be resigned. He's too much of a beast for us to let him walk away, possible to a division rival.

These picks are for depth and to help special teams. Eventually Silverback will need replaced, he's like 34 or something like that. He doesn't have the miles on his body from being a backup for so long, but age is still age.

PhantomJB93
04-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Before the draft I wasnt worried but now that we drafted 3 OLB's, one of them quite early (FAR earlier than we should have, I might add) I am worried what their plan is for Woodley. I dont think they'd just release him when his contract's up but I have this horrible feeling they're going to franchise him and trade him (for a 5th round pick from the Jets lol). Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Mags87
04-25-2010, 01:47 AM
i agree with the idea that all the LBs are to help us with our special teams woes. not to mention, if their is a talented LB on the board, who else would pick em up? but in all seriousness, i want the Wood to sign a long term deal so i can pick up a 56 jersey

Mags87
04-25-2010, 01:50 AM
also, if Polamalu remains injury free this year (please let this happen), our only soft spot would be special teams. the OLB picks make sense for this cause we filled a few holes with some veteran replacements. (Foote, McFadden, and Randel El)

rbryan
04-25-2010, 01:57 AM
My new strategy is Silverback...back on ST. Give him 1st Down off. Bring in Ziggy off the edge1st Down. Somebody needs to be writing this down.

Woodley is now Hollywoodley. He'll leave for stupid money. Maybe we'll pick him back up in two years if recent history repeats.

Have the Stillers ever taken back this many players ???