PDA

View Full Version : OK, pick your first 3...

JSH6487
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Based on who was available...how would you of handled the first 3 picks if you were the Steelers?

Here's mine...

1. Kyle Wilson CB (Some had him even better than Joe Haden...I think he could of stepped in right away for that waste of space William Gay)

2. Golden Tate WR (He's got a bit of both Holmes and Ward in him. Runs good routes, good hands, and can be a huge down the field playmaker. Would of been a nice combo for years IMO with him and Wallace when Ward is gone.)

3. Shawn Lauvao OL (Versatile player, could see him playing guard for us)

JCPsteelers
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not going to criticize the Pouncey pick.. Its not sexy and taking a C/G at 18 is pretty damn high but the OL is just so bad we needed to upgrade the interior.

2nd round would have been Golden Tate for me.. I hate that we passed on this guy..

3rd round- I would have went Defensive back..

So i was the GM I would have went
1. Pouncey
2. Golden Tate
3. Kevin Thomas or some other corner.

Then in the four round today I would go TE or DL

For the 3 5th round picks I would go whatever I didn't go for in the 4th, OL and best available.

Tone's Toes
04-24-2010, 01:19 AM
1. Pouncey
2. Cody
3. Sanders

or

1. Wilson
2. Cody
3. Trade up for JD Walton

Big7BenHOF
04-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Pouncey
Golden Tate
Brandon Ghee

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 01:28 AM
1. Kyle Wilson
2.Golden Tate
3. Bruce Cambell

Great idea of the picks.

I'm startin to like Pouncey and given how far Wilson fell, it kills me that we couldn't trade ack into the first round for him. We should have found a way tohave BOTH Wilson and Pouncey. We should have offered a 2nd round pick next year, our second and a fourth. here is where if we wanted to deal Santonio, we could have gotten something for him.

St33lersguy
04-24-2010, 07:08 AM
1. Dan Williams- The steelers need a replacement for Hampton
2. Sean Lee- replacement for Farrior
3. Brandon Ghee- would help fix the defensive backfield

AllD
04-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Just because we may have wanted to trade up that doesn't necessarily mean that we had a willing and economical trade partner.
However, if possible it would have made a lot of sense. We also needed CBs and S depth badly, but who knows who has been progressing as backups. I think Sweed doesn't make it out of practice.

The 49ers just solidified their OL for years as long as they don't have a 1st round bust. Not sexy picking two OL in the first, but made a lot of sense to me. A strategy the Rams should have taken instead of drafting a QB first who will be slaughtered before he has a real chance to play.

SouthTexasSteel
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM
1st Devin McCourty - CB
2nd Ben Tate - RB (yeah, yeah I know, but I like him better than Gerhart)
3rd Shawn Lauvau - OG

solardave
04-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Pouncey
Sean Lee
Brandon Ghee

plenewken
04-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Pouncey is a good pick, not the best but it makes sense.
Based on who was available when we picked I would have picked Golden Tate in the 2nd and Brandon Ghee in the 3rd.

After 3 picks, it kills me that both Cincinnati and Baltimore has fared better than us in terms of filling immediate needs and fixing glaring deficiencies.
Hope we find the guys we need today but how could they be starters?

SteelerFanInStl
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Pouncey
Sean Lee
Brandon Ghee

Very close to mine.

Bulaga
Sean Lee
Brandon Ghee

I still like Pouncey though.