PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McFadden

ajs8207
04-24-2010, 01:04 PM
PFT Twitter reporting that we traded with Arizona and in return got back Bryant McFadden! Thoughts?

Sharkissle29
so pumped!!

CargoJon
Just announced on NFLN.

Good value in exchange for whatever low round pick we gave up for him. Probably better than any CB we'd get at this point in the draft.

ajs8207
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
We got a 6th round pick back too from the Cardinals! What a trade!

BigBen2WardPITT
very happy. he fits our system well. I was just complaining that we were really hurt without him last year. People said he wasn't that great in Arizona, fine. But he fit our system well, and I think it's a great move. He's still very young as well.

Cmdurand21
Love it! For a 5th round pick, That is a steal!

polamalubeast
verry happy:tt03::hug:

JSH6487
PFT Twtitter reporting that we traded with Arizona and in return got back Bryant McFadden! Thoughts?

Hell yeah! I always liked McFadden...he makes Gay look like a Division 3 college player. Huge upgrade.

JCPsteelers
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
PFT Twtitter reporting that we traded with Arizona and in return got back Bryant McFadden! Thoughts?

ESPN said the same thing..

dunkuntou
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM

Not just a 5th round pick but a 6th rounder this year as well....best move of the weekend

CargoJon
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Hell yeah! I always liked McFadden...he makes Gay look like a Division 3 college player. Huge upgrade.

Jamarcus Russell playing corner is better than William Gay.

The Duke
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
We got a 6th round pick back too from the Cardinals! What a trade!

wait, really? we got a 6th too

Nice trade!

even if it is Bmac....

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Arizona must have really wanted John Skelton (QB they took with our pick). :sofunny:

FSUBoo
I'm thinking he's a starter next season. I thought he was our best corner when he was with us a few years ago.

JCPsteelers
He wasn't that good at Ari and got burned numerous times in that Packers playoff game..

BTW, remember this guy was sharing time with Gay at the end of our super bowl run. Doesn't really excite me that much. Seems like the only ideas we have is get ex-Steelers (Randel El, mcFadden, Foote) and draft a bunch of OLB..

lillloyd
Good deal for Pitt. BMac can step in and play right away, which probably very few rookie corners could have done.

Steelersfan4life0655
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
glad to have him back! we truly missed him last year! dont disappoint, mcfadden!!

CargoJon
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
wait, really? we got a 6th too

Nice trade!

even if it is Bmac....

When you figure we have 2 compensatory picks at the bottom of this round, we really didn't make out too bad at all......

Finally Colbert doesn't look like an assclown during this draft.

LVSteelersfan
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow, Santonio Holmes for Bryant McFadden. Not sure we got great value off that Jets trade. But McFadden is better than Gay any day of the week. Not complaining.

BigBen2WardPITT
04-24-2010, 01:14 PM
He wasn't that good at Ari and got burned numerous times in that Packers playoff game..

BTW, remember this guy was sharing time with Gay at the end of our super bowl run. Doesn't really excite me that much. Seems like the only ideas we have is get ex-Steelers (Randel El, mcFadden, Foote) and draft a bunch of OLB..

sure, but we all know Bmac is way better than Gay. Plus, again, he's still young, he knows our system, and I think he will work well in it. He is more aggresive than Gay, had some nicks interceptions if i remember correctly. Pretty sure he will be starting next year.

AllD
04-24-2010, 01:15 PM
This is unprecedented. Turn back the clock. You think we could get Mel Blount and Joe Greene back too?

JCPsteelers
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
sure, but we all know Bmac is way better than Gay. Plus, again, he's still young, he knows our system, and I think he will work well in it. He is more aggresive than Gay, had some nicks interceptions if i remember correctly. Pretty sure he will be starting next year.

We'll see. Getting back Ari 6th makes it worthwhile..

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
This is a total bargain. Makes up for the awful value we got from Santonio Holmes.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll take B-Mac......guy can at least tackle unlike Gay

feel way better about this draft now:tt02:

If Troy stays healthy we should be real nasty again on D:tt04:

stillers4me
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
hmmmmmmmm.......it seems like they are trying to correct a few mistakes made last year that may have sealed our fate after losing Troy and Aaron Smith. We've resigned Foote and got McFadden back to shore up the secondary. Lesson learned the hard way.

I feel soooooo much better. :banana:

kirklandrules
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
O.k. and here's the kicker to this trade, we pick up his contract that he signed with the Cards. The great part is, if I'm not mistaken, it was a heavy front end loaded contract. B Mac got a nice big signing bonus and a good first year salary and we get the guy for the lower part of his contract for the next few years.This guy will get even better under LeBeau.

JCPsteelers
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
O.k. and here's the kicker to this trade, we pick up his contract that he signed with the Cards. The great part is, if I'm not mistaken, it was a heavy front end loaded contract. B Mac got a nice big signing bonus and a good first year salary and we get the guy for the lower part of his contract for the next few years.This guy will get even better under LeBeau.

I believe he only signed a 2 year deal when he went to the cards..

Busforever
You can't say that our FO doesn't think about our needs at DB now:chuckle:

Maybe we don't have a killing unit at CB, but we got a bunch of young players who will compete. Interesting to follow.

BlastFurnace
This made my 2nd Draft Day! Great...Great trade.

JSH6487
04-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Taylor, B Mac, and let's hope one or both of our 2nd year guys step up and are able to play in the nickel and dime.

Now lets trade William Gay for a new washing machine.

Edman
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm not complaining. We don't get to see Willie Gay embarrass himself anymore.

Welcome back, BMac!

I really wish Ben didn't get in trouble, this would've been a great offseason.

BigBen2WardPITT
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Taylor, B Mac, and let's hope one or both of our 2nd year guys step up and are able to play in the nickel and dime.

hahahaha. :tt02:

The Definiti0n
04-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Great trade makes our draft alot better. McFadden was basically a starter before he left and creates competition at the position

acumen
04-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Very happy about this. I'm content with a rotation of Taylor, McFadden and Lewis. Gives us an get out of jail free card on grabbing a corner next year.

Excellent. We got all the same guys from defense that was the best in NFL history. Although guys like Farrior, Hampton and Smith are getting up there.

Michael Keller
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Feeling much better about this week end.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM

No...

The phrase is,"What did you trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

You may be too young for the reference though. :chuckle:

Actually, I think Gay will do pretty well in the nickel. He just wasn't that good against a first or second WR.

LamarrWoodleysFade
04-24-2010, 01:43 PM
There's a reson why they traded him.

Just sayin'...

Steelers17
04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Jamarcus Russell playing corner is better than William Gay.

I see where you are going here. No question, JaMiracle Whip has a better first step and enhanced balance! :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm fired up over this move! Depth now in the secondary. Awesome!!!

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Just sayin'...

yeah he wanted too much money...so he went, got paid, and now is coming back to be on a winning franchise, not a one and done lucky franchise!

stillers4me
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
They didn't trade him, he went to Arizona for more money. We pick up the back end of that contract. Win/win. (except for our sucky season last year)

Preacher
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
yeah he wanted too much money...so he went, got paid, and now is coming back to be on a winning franchise, not a one and done lucky franchise!

Yep, and he comes back for his base salary, while Arizona paid out any and all signing bonus! Love it.

jjpro11
04-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Just sayin'...

he was bad in Arizona, but good when he played here.. i'll take it.

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Yep, and he comes back for his base salary, while Arizona paid out any and all signing bonus! Love it.

whats hilarious is I know, some of the "legends" on this board talked about this exact thing...him going, getting paid, then coming back...so effing funny.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Here is the post on an arizona board that about says it all for their attitude on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyaltyisaCurse http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2226773#post2226773)
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? ??

well said.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...ck-130014.html (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/cardsfanmds-pre-combine-mock-130014.html)
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2226775)

:rofl:

solardave
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Last year a lot of people said we'd miss Mac. I thought Gay would be better. Boy was I wrong. Just because Mac didn't do well in their system doesn't mean he can't play. Welcome BACK MAC!!!

OneForTheToe
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM

Plus, he looks just as good standing next to Troy as the next guy.:coffee:

Also, I thought trading a 7th round pick with heaven to bring back Ernie Stautner was a hell of a steal. That Jesus is a fine savior, but he is clueless as a GM.

polamalubeast
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyaltyisaCurse
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? ??

well said.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...ck-130014.html

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

LVSteelersfan
04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought Gay would be better last year and we had no depth besides a couple of rookies. Now we have two second year corners, Taylor and McFadden. Gay is expendable. Bye Bye. Go to NY where you can where that stupid Yankees cap that you wore at the Super Bowl Party. That still bugs me to this day.

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
So happy Wizenhunt has decided to pay B-Mac to play for us at a base salary LMAO!!!

KCSteelersFan
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM
That just made my day, hell yeah.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Last year a lot of people said we'd miss Mac. I thought Gay would be better. Boy was I wrong. Just because Mac didn't do well in their system doesn't mean he can't play. Welcome BACK MAC!!!

Bingo. Remember that we don't play press coverage-nor put CB's on an island all the time. I think McF. will have a much better season with you.... least I hope so!

StainlessStill
04-24-2010, 02:16 PM
L-O-V-E I-T! Should have NEVER gotten ridden of him to begin with and he was actually one of my main men to get signed last season. What a move, there's our CB. Man, if we can get solid QB play within the month of September, and giving the reigns to Mendy, we will make a run at yet another title once Ben returns later in the season.

I'm very, VERY excited.

86WARD
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Great 5th round value...lol...

Holmes for McFadden is a little better than Holmes for a 5th Round Pick...

BlastFurnace
04-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Here is the post on an arizona board that about says it all for their attitude on this.

:rofl:

Preacher....you made me really laugh with this one.

steelerchad
04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

I thought the same thing because Gay looked good the year before as our nickel. Maybe he can play well at nickel again. I actually think the whole D was hurt with the loss of Troy and Smith. WIth a little better pressure and Troy back there to help he probably doesn't get beat as much. He still can't tackle though. Troy needs to give him some human missile launching training.

About this trade though. Has BMAC been waking and baking with Santonio and up for a suspension, because I can't see the upside for the Cards to do this.

OneForTheToe
04-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I thought the same thing because Gay looked good the year before as our nickel. Maybe he can play well at nickel again. I actually think the whole D was hurt with the loss of Troy and Smith. WIth a little better pressure and Troy back there to help he probably doesn't get beat as much. He still can't tackle though. Troy needs to give him some human missile launching training.

About this trade though. Has BMAC been waking and baking with Santonio and up for a suspension, because I can't see the upside for the Cards to do this.

Just as long as he doesn't tweet while waking and baking.

steelreserve
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, that just changed the entire outcome of the draft as far as I'm concerned.

Watch this -- ABRACADABRA!! -- and now suddenly nobody thinks he sucks anymore. Amazing how that works.

AllD
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
It almost evens us out with the Holmes trade. I think there are some backroom deals whereas the Jets might take care of us if we do another deal in the future. At least you know you have a trading partner, especially if they reciprocate. The Steelers were generous.

The Duke
04-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Well, that just changed the entire outcome of the draft as far as I'm concerned.

Watch this -- ABRACADABRA!! -- and now suddenly nobody thinks he sucks anymore. Amazing how that works.

I still don't like him

but for that price? hell yeah

SteelGhost
04-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I thought Gay could had a nice 2009 season, I admit I was wrong :doh: Coach LeBeau is a genius that can make players look good in his system, that's makes me think this trade will work :thumbsup: BMac didn't have nice year wth the Crydinals but can have another ring with us :tt03:

steelreserve
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I still don't like him

but for that price? hell yeah

Is he perfect? No. Is he a HUGE upgrade over Gay. You bet your ass.

"OMG BUT HE GOT BURNED ALL THE TIME FOR BIG PLAYS WITH THE CARDNULZ!!!!"

Well ... no, I don't think that's going to happen here. He's not learning a new defense, nor is he going from the best overall defense in the league to a so-so one. He's not Nnamdi Asamqasafasfafasdsaga, but it's good to have someone back there again where every time the opponent's QB chucks the ball 40 yards down the field, I'm not thinking "oh, shit," and half expecting that our defender isn't even going to be on the screen because got beaten by 10 steps and then fell down.

Steel_Bus_24
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM

Well ... no, I don't think that's going to happen here. He's not learning a new defense, nor is he going from the best overall defense in the league to a so-so one. He's not Nnamdi Asamqasafasfafasdsaga, but it's good to have someone back there again where every time the opponent's QB chucks the ball 40 yards down the field, I'm not thinking "oh, shit," and half expecting that our defender isn't even going to be on the screen because got beaten by 10 steps and then fell down.

40 yards......4 yards frightened me

Gay was a horrible, horrible tackler

St33lersguy
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
YES!!!! I missed him so much last year. The one good move the steelers made this entire draft

Steelerfreak58
04-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Stunning trade didn't even expect it or see it coming. Damn awesome in my book I hated seeing BMac go last year and he was sorely missed. With Troy coming back and him opposite of Taylor we should once again have a much better D this coming year.

This made my day.

mwittman5
04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/24/steelers-mcfadden-talking-extension/

steelers are talking an extension with him

xbroughneck
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
YES!!!! I missed him so much last year. The one good move the steelers made this entire draft

Come on now. Pouncey is a damn good pick.

And with McFadden back, Keenan Lewis and Gay a year better...Troy and Aaron Smith healthy, Foote back...Timmons a year better...

Man, the only real concern I have now with our defense is Troy's health.

Glad to have McFadden back if for no other reason than he's better than Deshea Townsand.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 04:44 PM

Um, I am not familiar with that player. Even looked googled him. :chuckle:

steelcity1974
04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Great trade...I was bummed becasue we did nothing at the CB position in first two days of draft, but this is a great move. I like the way our team is shaping out here.

truesteelerfan
04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
This was the best news of the day for me! Immediate impact player who will help us out right away. Can't say that about any of our draft picks. Hopefully we can add a few more years to his contract.

stillers4me
04-24-2010, 05:12 PM
This was the best news of the day for me! Immediate impact player who will help us out right away. Can't say that about any of our draft picks. Hopefully we can add a few more years to his contract.

Just got a text that he's signed for 3 years.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Just got a text that he's signed for 3 years.

Cool. Guess we are pretty set there then.

focosteeler
04-24-2010, 05:20 PM
made the draft much better for me...took it from a C+ to a B

Steeldude
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
just a pathetic trade. mcfadden was statistically the second most burned CB in the NFL last season. he was poor to average when he was here so the steelers bring him back?

Havik
04-24-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm glad to see McFadden back with the Steelers, he is a huge upgrade over William Gay. His play may have been mediocre for the Cards last year, but keep in mind the Steelers have a much better pass rush. He was outstanding in 2008 and shouldn't have left us in the first place.

Burghfan58
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Can't say that I was blown away with Mcfadden coming back. I guess he's better than Gay, but boy he looked bad last season.

Steeldude
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
so basically the steelers are paying a 5th rounder(mcfadden) $4.75 mil

thankfully this is an uncapped year. if they extend mcfadden i certainly hope they low-ball him. pay him what a 5th rounder should really receive. let him earn a starting spot. don't just hand it to the below-average CB.

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 06:05 PM
just a pathetic trade. mcfadden was statistically the second most burned CB in the NFL last season. he was poor to average when he was here so the steelers bring him back?

he started half our games when we had that menacing juggernaut of a defense in '08

to be fair...

MasterOfPuppets
04-24-2010, 06:28 PM
I wish Tomlin would have listened to me in the first place.. Why did we EVER break up a Super Bowl winning team in the first place?!

$$$$$$$$$$$

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Fellas: Check out the exclusive video of B-Mac getting interviewed after him being traded on Steelers.com.

The contrast between Arizona and Pittsburgh's defensive schemes seemed to have a big impact on his playing ability

pittguy578
04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Bryant McFadden is a GOOD corner. He was playing in a mediocre defense that was porous compared to the Steelers defense LAST YEAR when we sucked. Can't say he sucks now because he got burned in a playoff game. Every good corner is burned once in a while, even Ike Taylor. It is also hard to say in how bad he was because he was not familiar with the Cardinals defensive scheme. It takes a year or two to get into the swing of things if you are not just a bull rusher.

Remember how bad Troy played his first year because he didn't know the scheme?
Football is 90% mental-most of the people in the NFL are pretty much on par in terms of physical abilities.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Preacher....you made me really laugh with this one.

Glad I could be of assistance!! :wink02:

BlastFurnace
04-24-2010, 09:47 PM
BMAC has already signed a 3 year extension:

http://www.facebook.com/steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers have come to agreement on a three-year contract with CB Bryant McFadden. The team acquired McFadden and a No. 6 pick in a trade with Arizona for a fifth-round pick. McFadden would have been working on the final year of his deal if the sides had not come to agreement on an extension.

tyler289
04-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Mcfadden can't be any worse than Gay/Lewis/Burnett. Always liked him.

polamalubeast
04-24-2010, 09:52 PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers have come to agreement on a three-year contract with CB Bryant McFadden. The team acquired McFadden and a No. 6 pick in a trade with Arizona for a fifth-round pick. McFadden would have been working on the final year of his deal if the sides had not come to agreement on an extension.

:tt03::drink::hug::tt03::tt03::tt03:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-24-2010, 09:56 PM

Apparently the Steelers FO wouldn't even talk trade with B-Mac unless they could talk to his agen and set up a contract for when the trade was official.

Kevin Colbert: " Youíd have to get, really, a more definitive answer from Arizona. I think that they felt that they have some younger guys that they are willing to go with. They initiated the call. It was actually a couple of days ago. We kept in contact. We werenít going to give up a draft pick. Bryant only had one year left on his contract. So we knew the possibility of him coming to us was real. They gave us permission to talk to the agent as far as negotiating a longer term deal, which we did. Heís agreed to a three-year deal. So in order for us to give up a pick, we wanted to make sure that we had more than one season, which we got. So it was fine to bring Bryant back in. Heís 30 years old. As Coach said, heís started on two Super Bowl teams, and he comes right back into the locker room. And I think thatís really important when you add a guy like he or Larry [Foote] or Antwaan [Randle El] or Byron [Leftwich]. The guys know who they are getting back and I think they will accept them."

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Post-Draft-Press-Conference/d0919a87-711e-46a8-80af-de22a134cfb2

acumen
04-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Awesome!

steelreserve
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Mcfadden can't be any worse than Gay/Lewis/Burnett.

Seriously. Those guys got taken advantage of like a college chick wearing a DTF shirt.

... what? too soon?

Preacher
04-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Seriously. Those guys got taken advantage of like a college chick wearing a DTF shirt.

... what? too soon?

Yes Johnny Carson, the Lincoln jokes are still too soon.

VTsteel
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Unbelievably fantastic turn of events. I was bummed to see him go . . and to get him back (plus a pick) is tremendous.

Basically we traded Holmes for McFadden . . . With Wallace in the wings and the need we have at corner . . . I'd say we have improved overall. Good Job!

mesaSteeler
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM
McFadden comes cheap to Steelers! Why?

By Bob Smizik | Saturday 3:35 p.m.
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/default.aspx

Beware of cornerbacks who can be acquired, along with a sixth-round draft choice, for a fifth-round draft choice.

Yes, the Steelers have the cornerback who started for them when the when the Super Bowl after the 2008 season, but there have to be questions about the return Bryant McFadden, who was acquired Saturday afternoon for a fifth-round draft choice.

For one, the Steelers, who also got a sixth-rounder in the deal, barely seemed interested in keeping McFadden when he became a free agent after the 2008 season.

Of great significance, why exactly are the Arizona Cardinals giving up on McFadden one season after signing him to a two-year contract worth $10 million?

Clearly, the Cardinals were not happy with McFadden. The fact they virtually gave him way speaks directly to their unhappiness. McFadden is due to make $4.75 million this season.

It’s not like Arizona was awash in CB depth. On the Arizona Republic website, beat writer Kent Sommers wrote, ``McFadden's departure leaves Greg Toler as the starter and Mike Adams as the top reserve. The Cardinals have little depth at that spot now, and likely will address it with one of their remaining picks, a sixth and seventh rounders.’’

This isn’t to say the Steelers made a bad move. They needed help at the position and McFadden is an upgrade over what they have. Ed Bouchette, writing on the PG + website, said the deal had been in the works for several days, which explains why the Steelers didn’t take a cornerback in the early rounds of the draft.

McFadden, in almost total certainty, will step into the starting lineup at one cornerback slot with Ike Taylor at the other. William Gay, who started but lost his job last season, will be the top backup. It was Gay who made the departure of McFadden easy for the Steelers to handle. But he faltered badly.

The return of McFadden, who will be a free agent after this season, gives the Steelers a chance to groom the two rookies they drafted last season -- Keenan Lewis in the third round and Joe Burnett in the fifth.

It possible the familiar surroundings and different responsibilities can revitalize McFadden. It's certainly worth a fifth-round draft choice to find out.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 11:45 PM
This isnít to say the Steelers made a bad move. They needed help at the position and McFadden is an upgrade over what they have. Ed Bouchette, writing on the PG + website, said the deal had been in the works for several days, which explains why the Steelers didnít take a cornerback in the early rounds of the draft.

Ahhh,

Ok. There were a few of us that were speculating after the trade was announced, that this might be the case.

It does make a HECK of a lot more sense now. I'm a little surprised we didn't go for a backup safety in the third instead of a wide receiver, but who knows what was on the board at that time, or what the FO actually has up their sleeve.

Vincent
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM

He was the best corner taken in the draft. A #5 for BMac and the 6th that got us one of the better backs in the draft.. No, actually a stoner for BMac and the 6th that got us one of the better backs in the draft.

Why is he was the best corner taken in the draft? Because he's "turn key". He knows the defense. He's in his prime. He'll contribute day one. There wasn't a corner in the draft that will have the impact BMac will have for us this year.

Very good move.

steelerdude15
04-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I had no clue until now... that's really good. I'm glad to see this.

CaliStillersFan
04-25-2010, 04:24 AM
WELCOME HOME BMAC!!!!!!! :tt03:

CanadianSteel
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
didnt know this either until reading this.... very solid move to hold us over to next year when we draft a stud corner in the 1st round....

Set-Man
04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
didnt know this either until reading this.... very solid move to hold us over to next year when we draft a stud corner in the 1st round....

Don't we say that every single year. :coffee: