PDA

View Full Version : the real reason for the whining and complaining

benberger
02-07-2006, 09:55 AM
this will serve as motivation for the steelers in next years super bowl....the haters and whiners will come around and fuel joey and the others to do it again......God works in mysterious ways......enjoy the championship.....you have to get there to get the calls dont forget....most of the whining is coming from fans who are jealous that their team didnt even sniff the super bowl this year.

PittsburghGirl
02-07-2006, 10:30 AM
You are absolutely right! This will only piss them off even more and we will return next year playing like the champs that we are!

The Seachickens however, will fade back into the shadows of the poor NFC division-who will STRUGGLE to be heard from again!

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 01:46 PM
You are absolutely right! This will only piss them off even more and we will return next year playing like the champs that we are!

The Seachickens however, will fade back into the shadows of the poor NFC division-who will STRUGGLE to be heard from again!
Hell yeah!!! But I have a feeling we will still have to hear them cry...probably for a long time. THey will be crying about this until they get back there and have something else to cry about....and we know that won't be for a while!!!

Brady12
02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
this will serve as motivation for the steelers in next years super bowl....the haters and whiners will come around and fuel joey and the others to do it again......God works in mysterious ways......enjoy the championship.....you have to get there to get the calls dont forget....most of the whining is coming from fans who are jealous that their team didnt even sniff the super bowl this year.

Don't get too ahead of yourself.

SteelersFever
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Let them CRY and HATE! WE HAVE THE RING! OH YEAH! WE HAVE THE RING! When most people lose, they create excuses and find details not worth debating. BOO FREAKING HOO! Enjoy the win ... bask in it's GLORY ... BECAUSE WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

BB2W
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I remember when the Patriots beat the Rams in the Superbowl there were some questionable calls, and some of the media and fans were saying it was set up to have the Pats win because of 9/11. Where are those conspiracy theorists now?... probabaly writing about the officiating this year. Don't let the media or fans of other teams bring you down... it is there job to be objective.

I don't care if Stevie Wonder was the referee... We won!!!

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I dont rememeber anyone in the mainstream media (NFL.com or ESPN) writing any articles on that particular subject.

The 9/11 line was speculation by Rams fans on forums - we still hear about it to this day.

I think its possible to say that the vast majority of crucial calls went aginst the Seahawks - without saying that the Steelers cheated or that the refs were less than honest.

NM

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM
yes crucial mistakes at crucial times can lead to crucial calls. there were also plenty of crucial mistakes by seattle where no flags were even thrown such as dropped balls and poor clock management. however if i was a seattle fan i would be bummed to and probably be asking for j. stevens to be fired.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
yes crucial mistakes at crucial times can lead to crucial calls. there were also plenty of crucial mistakes by seattle where no flags were even thrown such as dropped balls and poor clock management. however if i was a seattle fan i would be bummed to and probably be asking for j. stevens to be fired.

This is true.

The one thing not many people can doubt is the fact that Pittsburgh is the better team - even though they played at 50 or 60% of their powers - they were consistently awesome for most of the playoffs.

Maybe its unfair on Seattle but they played like losers, I dont mean that in a disrespectful way - but as a relative neutral you could see that they didnt really believe they would win - the bad refereeing decisions just confirmed this for them.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
We've won alot of games this year and in past years without playing a complete game in all 3 phases. Sometimes the offense sputters but the defense and ST play well..or pick your poison...but it speaks volumes of our team that even when the offense enough to win that the defense and ST came up HUGE for us.

A win is a win is a win....

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
The one thing not many people can doubt is the fact that Pittsburgh is the better team - even though they played at 50 or 60% of their powers - they were consistently awesome for most of the playoffs.

..... except for those fans of the Chicken-Hawks, who suffer from too-much rain, and too-much coffe/latte.
:cloud: :hyper: :coffee:

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
This is true.

Maybe its unfair on Seattle but they played like losers, I dont mean that in a disrespectful way - but as a relative neutral you could see that they didnt really believe they would win - the bad refereeing decisions just confirmed this for them.

NM

many people are doubting that but it doesnt bother me one bit. i still believe the steelers coulda been down by 14 in the 4th and still came back to win. the will and the desire was there. and i agree on your 50-60% take (maybe 70%) i really thought the steelers would come out like they did the previous 3 games and really pile it on.

some things bothered me about seattle before they even took the field. r. jaworski said he was disappointed that stevens backed down from porter in the media. i agree. he didnt stand up for himself, he looked sheepish, he looked scared, and he came off as exactly what porter accused him of being. he got in trouble by holmgren.

i didnt like the motivational technique of him showing the team all that $$$. it was better circumstances when they played the patriots as favorites. but not when they were playing a much more playoff savy team as the steelers. 70,000 bucks is chump change for most of them and 4 rings and lombardi trophies easilly trumps $70,000.

before the game the nfl had scheduled both teams to be in the tunnel at the same time. this really aggrivated holmgren and he called the league to have it changed. he didnt want no pre game smack talk to go on. almost like he didnt want his players to fire up the steelers any more than they were. i dont know if the league changed this but i bet cowher didnt care at all and wouldnt mind a little extra pre game diatribe. it was almost like holmgren was trying to shield his players from the big bad mean bullies. it seemed like cowher was thriving off of that image.

cowher showed trust in his team to handle themselves appropriately. holmgren seemed to show doubt. all this i think carried over to the field.

during pre game introductions porter had the freedom to send jerome out by himself to bask in the hometown glory, then the whole team came out following jerome, backing him up. a bit of symbolism i havent seen since the patriots 1st sb run.

you think any of the seahawks couldve made a move like that?

BenPFJ1958
02-07-2006, 04:06 PM
We've won alot of games this year and in past years without playing a complete game in all 3 phases. Sometimes the offense sputters but the defense and ST play well..or pick your poison...but it speaks volumes of our team that even when the offense enough to win that the defense and ST came up HUGE for us.

A win is a win is a win....

Excellent point - when one of the phases faltered the other two picked up the rest of the team.

We need to bask in the glow of this moment and enjoy. WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS !

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Do I think the Seahawks could have pulled that off?

No not really.

Teams often take on the personalities of their coaches - Holmgren is obviously a gifted coach but he doent seem to appreciate the power of mind games - I have to say the 'show me the money' routine does nothing other than cheapen the value of being SB Champs - as you say it really is chump change.

The Patriots are notorious for ignoring all 'smack talk' prior to a game - and they have the discipline to make sure everyone follows the party line.

When Stevens broke rank - he weakened the whole teams position - he put himself out in the open to be shot at by someone with alot more experience of smack - none of his teammates could back him up without this turning into a WWF match up.

Personally, I have no time for Porter type smack talk - some say he backed it up - I say his team backed it up for him.

NM