PDA

View Full Version : Reunion...is Faneca next?

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I like McFadden coming back and now with McFadden, Foote, and Randel El coming back, I'm wondering whether the Steelers are having a reunion.

Could Faneca be next? I hear the Jets want to release him. I guess it would be between us and Arizona (to be reunited with Grimm).

I've said before he would be great to have back because he knows how to call plays at the line (usually given to center) so that would mean we could move Pouncey to center and Kemo to RG. That is a solid interior.

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Faneca has been officially released.

Merchant
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Tomlin already said No.

close thread lol

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 05:50 PM
wow no.

1) Old
2) Flipped the bird at us (literally) and cancerous to the locker room
3) Sets a bad example for younger players
4) Commands a shit ton of money

What good could come out of this?

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Tomlin already said No.

close thread lol

I saw that message from Preacher but where did he get it from. Is e seriously in communication with Tomlin?

Even though I voted yes, I'm not emotionally tied to him but I like how he could help us.

You have to aske who is better? Faneca or Kemo.

Psyychoward86
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I saw that message from Preacher but where did he get it from. Is e seriously in communication with Tomlin?

Even though I voted yes, I'm not emotionally tied to him but I like how he could help us.

lol Kemo's upside is tenfold to Fanecas. Kemoeatu's runblocking was pro-bowl quality you know. Pass blocking needs a tad refining, but we have a good O-line coach now. You also have to consider the fact that Faneca is...

1) Old

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
wow no.

1) Old

What good could come out of this?

Did he really literally flip us the bird? lol

e was cancerous but I think it was mostly because e was not satisfied with his money...but it could have been that he didn't like Tomlin and Zeirline too...he wanted Grimm.

He would help our running game.

SteelerFanInStl
04-24-2010, 05:58 PM
No. There's no reason to move Kemo.

Merchant
04-24-2010, 06:00 PM

It was a text from the Steelers, you can get your mobile phone set up for Steeler Updates

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Tomlin already said No.

close thread lol

The other thing I'll say is coaches say things all the time because they don't want to admit interest until a deal is done.

What did Reid say about McNabb? What did Shenahan say about Cambell when he first got there? Coaches are not always forthcoming in their answers.

At the same time, because of how Faneca may have treated Tomlin, it may mean something.

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
It was a text from the Steelers, you can get your mobile phone set up for Steeler Updates

Oh cool. I might do that. Are the texts usually useful or garbage stuff.

Just because he said he likes the combination of his line with old and new talent, does not 100% mean no. I'd have to see the quote myself.

Maybe Faneca will head to Pittsburgh-West.

Steelerfreak58
04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I am betting Steelers West (Cardinals) picks him up. If we got him cheap I wouldn't mind him fighting for a spot or even playing a back up roll. God knows depth on the O-Line is not one of our strong points.

Faneca wanted Grimm or Weisenhut to get the coaching job you can't argue with him wanting someone in house but the Rooney's went a different direction. Its no big deal I still consider him a great Steeler player. In this day an age people come an go but look how many want to come back and play for the organization. They have tried other places and take a lot less to come back and play for the city of Pittsburgh. Nothing wrong with that in my book if he wants to do the same.

PhantomJB93
04-24-2010, 07:21 PM
We don't need him now that we drafted Pouncey Guard is our best OL position lol

I also heard a rumor the Lions were very interested and that they already had a meeting planned with him...

GBMelBlount
04-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I hope they consider bringing him back IF the price is right.

Time away may have helped Faneca's perspective.

It is amazing what some people will do when given a second chance....

sharkweek
04-24-2010, 07:27 PM
If we didn't want him any more for how much he wanted, and the Jets don't want him any more because they don't think he's that good anymore, why should we want him back at all?

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
No need to bring him back...

His skill are starting to deteriorate, and someone noted, "better to dump a guy a year too early than a year too later."

Super Fan
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
If the price is right bring him back...We can always use and all pro on the O line......

MattsMe
04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Another duplicate thread? Really?

:banging:

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I hope they consider bringing him back IF the price is right.

Time away may have helped Faneca's perspective.

It is amazing what some people will do when given a second chance....

This being an uncapped year, we can work something out where he gets a big bonus (which won't hurt us in the future) and then small yearly salaries. Also, he might be more reasonable since he will get 5.5 million from the jets...maybe 5.5 less he expects from the Steelers.

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
We don't need him now that we drafted Pouncey Guard is our best OL position lol

I also heard a rumor the Lions were very interested and that they already had a meeting planned with him...

Which would you choose...the Steelers where you would be considered a legend, where you were drafted, where you have a chance to win the Super Bowl, where your family is familiar with the area, or the Lions (maybe for more money).

SteelKnight
04-25-2010, 01:17 AM
I still want Faneca in the Mix. If nothing else, he pushes the guys and makes them better. He is a vet who might even be able to teach the linemen a thing or two.

If he gets beat out of the starting job like 7 of you say, fine.

Like I said, since he makes line calls, it allows us to put Pouncey at center and move Kemo to RG. It makes 3 positions good.

rbryan
04-25-2010, 01:23 AM
I am betting Steelers West (Cardinals) picks him up. If we got him cheap I wouldn't mind him fighting for a spot or even playing a back up roll. God knows depth on the O-Line is not one of our strong points.

Faneca wanted Grimm or Weisenhut to get the coaching job you can't argue with him wanting someone in house but the Rooney's went a different direction. Its no big deal I still consider him a great Steeler player. In this day an age people come an go but look how many want to come back and play for the organization. They have tried other places and take a lot less to come back and play for the city of Pittsburgh. Nothing wrong with that in my book if he wants to do the same.

We have a winner. Cards pick him up by Monday...mark it down.

CaliStillersFan
04-25-2010, 04:31 AM
I like Kemo over Faneca.

Galax Steeler
04-25-2010, 07:34 AM
I voted no don't want him.

plenewken
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Faneca?!? Yeah right! Who else? Mitch Berger? <vbg>

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Faneca signed with Pittsburgh West just as I predicted. It is a 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal.

Merchant
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
LOLL @ Arizona. Surprised they didn't pick up Willie Parker when he was a free agent. They just lovee our sloppy-seconds :chuckle:

Steelerfreak58
04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I believe I called Arizona! I am awesome! :chuckle:

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 01:53 AM
I believe I called Arizona! I am awesome! :chuckle:

Hey...I called it first. Look at the post right before the one that you called it. lol

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 02:01 AM
LOLL @ Arizona. Surprised they didn't pick up Willie Parker when he was a free agent. They just lovee our sloppy-seconds :chuckle:

Yeah. I sort of feel sorry for Willie. If you can make him a hole, he can run. I think we let him go because he just couldn't pick up 2-3 tough yards when you needed it.

I Mendenhall and Dwyer can adress this. Baltimore showed you can have 3 very good runners. I think 2 is better.

I wish him success (willie).