PDA

View Full Version : Blount

Steeldude
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM
for not a single team to draft him it means he must have done very poorly in interviews. i figured someone would take a chance on him.

thoughts?

MasterOfPuppets
04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
based on nothing but game film.. i would have prefered him over dwyer...:noidea:

04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Would you give him a shot as a FA, or is he too much of a risk, considering the team is trying to clean up their image?

I'd take the risk. Afterall he is an undrafted free agent. No biggie to cut him.

If it payed off, and Dwyer was good also, we could have a stable of backs.

Steeldude
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
he seemed to be very powerful and very solidly built. i spoke to a couple of friends of mine who have ties with oregon and some of it's players. they said most people found him to be a happy-go-lucky type of person, but made an unfortunate choice on that fateful day against Boise state.

Steeldude
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
titans got blount. if he can keep his head on straight then the titans got a good compliment to johnson.

revefsreleets
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
This is 100% about character.

And he doesn't have any.

I'll take a pass....

Steel_12
04-26-2010, 12:27 PM
This is 100% about character.

And he doesn't have any.

I'll take a pass....

He made a mistake...that doesn't mean he doesn't have good character.

Steeldude
04-26-2010, 03:41 PM
i'm sure it has to do with his interviews and the past incident, but 32 passing on him doesn't mean he is going to be a flop or a complete headcase. it's a harmless acquisition for the titans.

i wouldn't burn a 5th or above pick on him, but i figured a team would at least use a 7th rounder on him. the steelers used 1st rounders on burress and holmes. they were both headcases and both turned out to be a waste.

revefsreleets
04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
i'm sure it has to do with his interviews and the past incident, but 32 passing on him doesn't mean he is going to be a flop or a complete headcase. it's a harmless acquisition for the titans.

i wouldn't burn a 5th or above pick on him, but i figured a team would at least use a 7th rounder on him. the steelers used 1st rounders on burress and holmes. they were both headcases and both turned out to be a waste.

That's quite a reach, even for you. A Super Bowl MVP is hardly a "waste". We got good value for Holmes while we had him, and then character flaws forced us to part ways.

But there is a big difference between smoking a little weed and trying to fight an entire fan base after petulantly punching an opposing player just because they were better than your team. Blount is an immature headcase, and I sincerely doubt that he is somehow "reformed". 30 teams (Titans signed him after he reneged on an agreement with the 49ers, which is just what they deserve for signing a punk like Blount) took a wide berth because character counts, and, as I correctly stated before, he has none.

Concerning the team that signed him, well, the Titans drafted Pacman Jones, so they rank right up there with the Bengals as far as counting character in their player assessments.

Also, a note about yesterdays exchange. It was, in fact, StealHEAD who welched out on the bet.

devilsdancefloor
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
That's quite a reach, even for you. A Super Bowl MVP is hardly a "waste". We got good value for Holmes why we had him, and then character flaws forced us to part ways.

But there is a big difference between smoking a little weed and trying to fight an entire fan base after petulantly punching an opposing player just because they were better than your team. Blount is an immature headcase, and I sincerely doubt that he is somehow "reformed". 30 teams (Titans signed him after he reneged on an agreement with the 49ers, which is just what they deserve for signing a punk like Blount) took a wide berth because character counts, and, as I correctly stated before, he has none.

Concerning the team that signed him, well, the Titans drafted Pacman Jones, so they rank right up there with the Bengals as far as counting character in their player assessments.

Also, a note about yesterdays exchange. It was, in fact, StealHEAD who welched out on the bet.

So you really hate woody hayes then? Just wondering....

revefsreleets
04-27-2010, 09:24 AM
So you really hate woody hayes then? Just wondering....
Two points. Woody Hayes was literally senile by that point. And, he was fired for the incident...and rightly so.

What is Blount's defense? He's a punk, and the Titans deserve what they got. The league is rife with these types of douchebags, and these continual signings and and second chances simply perpetuate the trend.

devilsdancefloor
04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Two points. Woody Hayes was literally senile by that point. And, he was fired for the incident...and rightly so.

What is Blount's defense? He's a punk, and the Titans deserve what they got. The league is rife with these types of douchebags, and these continual signings and and second chances simply perpetuate the trend.

I think the kid lost his cool. Can you say you never lost your cool? Doesnt mean he is a punk, if it was a string on events, then yes you could say he is a punk. Woody Hayes had more trouble then just punching a freaking kid from Clemson.

Steel_12
04-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I think the kid lost his cool. Can you say you never lost your cool? Doesnt mean he is a punk, if it was a string on events, then yes you could say he is a punk. Woody Hayes had more trouble then just punching a freaking kid from Clemson.

Exactly.

revefsreleets
04-27-2010, 12:58 PM
The proof is, as they say, in the pudding. There were exactly 2 teams in the NFL still interested in him AFTER HE WAS EVALUATED by many of them. And, in keeping with the behavior of a loser with zero character, he screwed over one those teams after he promised he'd sign with them in order to go play for the other.

So, let's review. A kid who was projected as high as 2nd round last year is evaluated and reviewed by a bunch of NFL teams, and they all take a flier on him in the draft, and exactly two teams show any interest at all in signing him as a UDFA, and he screws one of those two over.

Yeah, he's just a misunderstood kid with solid character, and I'm being too hard on him:headshake:

All I have to say is I'm very glad the Steelers didn't sign this punk-assed thug.

jollyrob68
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
He should of signed with the 49ers. He would have Singletary a mentor and Gore has miles on him and bad ankles.He would of had an opportunity to succeed. Why goto Titans when lendel Left because he wasn't getting into the game?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
He should of signed with the 49ers. He would have Singletary a mentor and Gore has miles on him and bad ankles.He would of had an opportunity to succeed. Why goto Titans when lendel Left because he wasn't getting into the game?

The Niners drafted Anthony Dixon. How would Blount get any playing time with Glen Coffee, Anthony Dixon and Frank Gore already on the roster. Titans are a good fit. They need a complement to CJ and his only real compition for the number two spot is another UDFA Stefon Johnson.