PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels in Critical Condition

SteelCityMom
04-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Bret Michaels Remains Hospitalized In Critical Condition
Singer's website says 'There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition,' which remains critical.

Despite reports that Bret Michaels' condition had "stabilized" after he suffered a brain hemorrhage late Thursday, his website was updated Saturday (April 24), noting that the Poison singer remains in critical condition.

"There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition," the post reads. "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days."

TMZ reported late Friday that Michaels was "awake, in good spirits and talking" citing Ambre Lake, the season-two winner of Michaels' "Rock of Love" reality show. The site reported that Lake has spoken with people close to Michaels who said he was "stabilized and conscious." Lake's status update on the 47-year-old singer was said to coincide with another unidentified "Rock of Love" contestant who is in touch with the other members of Poison.

Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday evening, where doctors discovered he had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem, a rep for the singer confirmed to MTV News.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," a source told People magazine, in a report that Michaels' rep said was accurate. "[It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."

Donald Trump of the NBC show "Celebrity Apprentice," on which Michaels has been a competitor, told "Entertainment Tonight" on Friday that he was "deeply saddened" by Michaels' affliction and added, "My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time. He's a great competitor and champion and I hope he will be fine."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637741/20100424/bret_michaels.jhtml

-------------------------------------

For his kids sake I hope he recovers soon. Definitely not a good month for him at all. He had an emergency appendectomy on the 11th and nearly died and then spent some time in a a private hospital for diabetic care.

Preacher
04-24-2010, 09:44 PM
-------------------------------------

For his kids sake I hope he recovers soon. Definitely not a good month for him at all. He had an emergency appendectomy on the 11th and nearly died and then spent some time in a a private hospital for diabetic care.

Wow. I didn't realize he had the appendectomy as well.

I know back in the day, he abused his body pretty well-not taking care of his diabetes. But from what I remember of the interviews, he got that all under control.

--praying that he comes around and can be around for his children.

CanadianSteel
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Bret is a huge Steelers fan... and member of Steeler nation... so best wishes to him and his family for a recovery....

steelwalls
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Bret is a huge Steelers fan... and member of Steeler nation... so best wishes to him and his family for a recovery....

Yeah seen on the Celebrity Apprentice, one episode he was wearing a Steelers shirt. I was never really a Poison fan and didnt know much about him (other than who he was) before watching the apprentice, but he seemed like a guy who had a good heart and loved his kids. Hope it turns out ok for him.

SteelCityKing
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
i was never really a big fan of Poison and his television show was a train wreck and i loved to hate it. but i respect the man as an artist and a fellow member of the Steelers Nation. my thoughts are with you Bret. =)

Galax Steeler
04-26-2010, 05:10 AM
This is the first I have heard about this I wish him the best.

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Gosh, this news sucks and I hope Bret makes a full recovery. :hope:

I was a fan of Poison and appreciated Bret's contributions to the music industry. When you hear about someone so young suffering an affliction like this, it really makes you appreciate your own life.

steelerdude15
04-26-2010, 11:23 PM
That's pretty sad, hopefully he can fully recover. I wish the best of luck for you and your family.

Wallace108
04-27-2010, 12:20 AM
I haven't heard anything new on Bret's condition, but I hope he's improving.

tony hipchest
04-27-2010, 01:03 AM
ive been watching celebrity apprentice this season, and he really comes off as a likable guy. we were in san antonio at sea world earlier this month and saw the signs everywhere that he was gonna be performing there, and thought it woulda been pretty cool if we coulda taken in the "free" show.

good thing we didnt plan it for that, cause thats the show he missed with the emergency appendectomy.

props to him reppin the steelers on donald trumps show. thats something i would do. i hope he gets better, for his daughters sake, and the diabetic cause he champions for.

SteelCityMom
04-27-2010, 01:51 AM
There are reports out now that he's been conscious at times but has had blurred vision and slurry speech. Doctors are keeping him pretty sedated though. Basically he suffered a stroke, they just don't know what caused it yet.

I was a huge Poison fan when I was a kid, and besides that Bret's from Butler, Pa (about 20 minutes from where I grew up) and is as big of a Steelers fan as you will ever find...so that automatically makes him pretty cool lol. Like you said Tony, he does seem like a pretty decent person on the Apprentice too.

I don't follow his musical career anymore really, but it'd be a shame if he had some long lasting effects from this that hindered him from singing/playing. At this point though, he's pretty lucky just to be breathing.

GutterflowerSteel
04-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Here's hoping Bret makes a complete recovery. I never appreciated Poison back in the day, but I'd go see them live now (nostalgic reasons). He's a likeable guy, and a fellow member of Steelers Nation.

It's not a good year for celebrities, is it (last year was worse!)

Indo
04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I was trying to find a photo of his guitar with the Steelers logo, but I can't seem to find one...

It doesn't look good----I'm guessing he ruptured a brain aneurysm, or possibly has something known as an AVM (arterio-venius malformation) that bled

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/247090-overview

Read, especially, the section "Etiology"

Wallace108
04-29-2010, 02:22 AM
I was trying to find a photo of his guitar with the Steelers logo, but I can't seem to find one...

It doesn't look good----I'm guessing he ruptured a brain aneurysm, or possibly has something known as an AVM (arterio-venius malformation) that bled

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/247090-overview

Read, especially, the section "Etiology"

Couldn't find a photo of the guitar, but I did find this. Everyone has probably seen it, but it's still cool.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/12/Bret-Michaels-Steelers.jpg

Galax Steeler
04-29-2010, 04:47 AM
Couldn't find a photo of the guitar, but I did find this. Everyone has probably seen it, but it's still cool.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/12/Bret-Michaels-Steelers.jpg

That is the first time I have seen it.:thumbsup: