PDA

View Full Version : Nothing really super special, but something I took notice to...

NEPAsteeler
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to catch this, but I was just looking at the Steelers roster list on steelers.com and noticed that they gave Dennis Dixon his college number, 10, since Holmes is no longer on the team. I say good for him! :thumbsup:

SteelKnight
04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Cool. I hope nobody bought a Dixon "2" shirt. lol We have had 2 10s that have started of bright then disappointed in Kordell and Holmes. Kordell would have been amazing had he stayed with SLASH.

Mags87
04-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Cool. I hope nobody bought a Dixon "2" shirt. lol We have had 2 10s that have started of bright then disappointed in Kordell and Holmes. Kordell would have been amazing had he stayed with SLASH.

i disagree. i still like Santonio alot and i think we dealt with him harshly. i dont feel dissapointed in the same way as Kordell, but good for Dixon! hopefully he has the same type of success as he did at Oregon!

LVSteelersfan
04-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Oh no. The Kordell experiment revisited. I honestly hope Dixon can throw the ball accurately most of the time. Stewart was hideously bad on accuracy just like Vick and any of those running QBs. The only one worth a darn over the years has been Randall Cunningham as far as accuracy although I think a lot of his success was due to WRs that were great at outjumping the DBs for the ball.

SteelKnight
04-25-2010, 12:56 AM
i disagree. i still like Santonio alot and i think we dealt with him harshly. i dont feel dissapointed in the same way as Kordell, but good for Dixon! hopefully he has the same type of success as he did at Oregon!

Even though pot is not chemically addicting, it is psychologically addicting for some (just like a particular food). They say they will stop and they've learned their lesson but they need help.

If being stopped by the cops at a critical time, the game suspension, the media being nice, the cops dropping charges didn't teac him a lesson, he will use again. Next time will be 1 year suspension. Many of these players use other drugs too but they get caught for marujuana because it stays in the system for a month or so while cocain for example last only 2-3 days.

Do I believe Santonio will never use drugs again? No.

I don't think it is overly harsh. If I got caught using drugs on multiple occasions, my career would likely be over.

It wasn't just the drugs though
-the domestic violence (twice)
-the naked picture (shower)
-the pot police stop
-the repeat failing dug test. We don't even know if it was pot. For all we know it could have been coke.
-The infantile tweets including telling a fan to kill imself, telling another he doesn't pay his salary, saying he was going to wake and bake, and the ghetto like tweets that just didn't seem Steeler classy. I know he want to keep it real to "Muck City" but he is a Steeler now. They were not the tweets you want all little kids to look up to. maybe it would help inner city kids but that's it. He now says someone invaded his account..."right". He would have said so right away.
-The whole Florida glass throwing accusation AFTER the Ben incident

In addition:
-Plus he was getting on my nerves with the drama after every single catch even if it was not a touchdown. Chill with that. Not classy.
-He was already saying to the Media the Steelers were not going to pay him
-His head was getting too big after the Superbowl catch. He seemed amaed with himself.

Some people are acting like he had one warning and then they got rid of him. He was well beyond his 3 strikes.

He couldn't escape the MUCK. Just watch him get caught with drugs again...just watch.

SteelKnight
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Oh no. The Kordell experiment revisited. I honestly hope Dixon can throw the ball accurately most of the time. Stewart was hideously bad on accuracy just like Vick and any of those running QBs. The only one worth a darn over the years has been Randall Cunningham as far as accuracy although I think a lot of his success was due to WRs that were great at outjumping the DBs for the ball.

I'm sincerely hoping that Dixon wins the #2 spot. He needs playing time...both in Preseason and the real game. It is hard to mentally get prepared as the 3rd guy. They need to cut Batch so Dixon, Ben and Lefty can get reps in preseason. They should hire Batch onto the coaching staff. He can come out of retirement in an emergency. lol

PhantomJB93
04-25-2010, 01:36 AM
If anything bad happens to Dixon, we need to ban the number 10 jersey so nobody is ever cursed by it again lol

steelerdude15
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Good for Dixon.

SteelGhost
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM
If anything bad happens to Dixon, we need to ban the number 10 jersey so nobody is ever cursed by it again lol

:rofl:

Indo
04-25-2010, 03:21 PM

Not just Ban it, but BURN it---with a sacrificial Virgin----to release the taboo/curse on that number!

BigBen'sSwagger
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Yinzers are all looking at this wrong. With Kordel the performance was not really great although he had a good year once. Santonio was a great performer but he had off field issues. The #10 jersey is improving not the jinx it just has a longer row to hoe.

Gotta look at the positive side of things.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Not only is Kordell back but Plax is back too...only 1 inch shorter. Sweed after bad luck for 2 years has changed his number from number 14 to number 80. So in the first game, we may see 10 throwing to number 80 again.

atlsteelers
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
maybe i can get a dixon namplate to go over holmes on my jersey

lionslicer
04-27-2010, 02:36 PM

I don't think we dealt with him that harshly... If we traded him to the Raiders, now that would be harsh.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't think we dealt with him that harshly... If we traded him to the Raiders, now that would be harsh.

The Bears should have offered a 4th rounder for him then signed TO. TO, Holmes and Hester in the slot would be a big help to Cutler.

solardave
04-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Kordell would have been a much better receiver than QB if he would have changed over.

NEPAsteeler
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Not only is Kordell back but Plax is back too...only 1 inch shorter. Sweed after bad luck for 2 years has changed his number from number 14 to number 80. So in the first game, we may see 10 throwing to number 80 again.

I just saw that one too. Everyone's changing their numbers. :chuckle:

AllD
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Either Dixon will do great with #10 or he will spontaneously combust after being sacked and confirm that #10 in Pittsburgh is forever jinxed. We did win SB X, so it can't be that bad.