PDA

View Full Version : Official Pittsburgh Championship Day Parade Thread !

Lambertfan
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Man there must be 1000,000 fans in downtown Pittsburgh. I am going from station to staion and it is something else....................People from all over the country there probably from all over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The City Of Champions is on it's way back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It does not get any better than this. Out of town fan's check all the local stations web site,as they will have highlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
TV ALERT!!!

TV ALERT!!

The victory parade is being televised LIVE on ESPNEWS for those of you outside of Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania.

Just didn't want you to miss it if you wanna see it!

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
People from all over the country there probably from all over the world

During the Super Bowl we had people that flew here from England, Canada and Mexico to watch the game with us locals. It was awesome.

atrus20
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
TV ALERT!!!

TV ALERT!!

The victory parade is being televised LIVE on ESPNEWS for those of you outside of Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania.

Just didn't want you to miss it if you wanna see it!

Also online at http://www.kdka.com/

PittsburghGirl
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Also on kdka.com!!!

I'm watchin in right now!

Here we Go Steelers!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
IM watching it right now.. on espnews. We had planned on coming right up until 1am this morning till our baby sitter bailed on us at the last minute.. so here I am watching it on TV.. but atleast I have SF to enjoy it with and seeing our boys and all the proud fans is just amazing.

PisnNapalm
02-07-2006, 11:44 AM
THANK GOD FOR KDKA!! Wo0t!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 11:48 AM
How about the WTAE reporter (the station they are showing on ESPNEWS) that walked up to Antwaan Randel El and called him Willie Parker?

Randel El was less than gracious about the mistake. In fact, I don't think he answered the reporters question. It was a very awkward moment.

...Hey Randel El...you wear a helmet when most of us see you. If your ego doesn't want to be bruised....wear your jersey. Sheeeeeesh........

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
It's one big B&G mosh pit. What a beautiful site. Wish they held it on Sat. or Sun. I'm at work. Stinks.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 11:59 AM
How about Whisenhunt on KDKA when asked If he was leaving.........he responded with "How can you leave this?"

Let's hope he remembers that when a chunk of change and a head coaching job is put in front of him.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 12:10 PM
How about the WTAE reporter (the station they are showing on ESPNEWS) that walked up to Antwaan Randel El and called him Willie Parker?

Randel El was less than gracious about the mistake. In fact, I don't think he answered the reporters question. It was a very awkward moment.

...Hey Randel El...you wear a helmet when most of us see you. If your ego doesn't want to be bruised....wear your jersey. Sheeeeeesh........

El was laughing he was like, Who ??? :rofl: El was fine, he was laughing..

yeah Coach Whiz said he felt it was important to stay here and do this parade..I think he's really overwhelmed...

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
El was laughing he was like, Who ??? :rofl: El was fine, he was laughing..

yeah Coach Whiz said he felt it was important to stay here and do this parade..I think he's really overwhelmed...

I know he was laughing, but you could see he was ticked, too. I just would have liked to see him answer the question instead of continuing to laugh. I know it sucks when someone mistakes you for someone else (especially with NFL egos) but he has to understand the situation. No jersey, bundled up in hat and hooded sweatshirt, etc. Just though El could have handled it a little better. I felt bad for the reporter. It was completely uncomfortable.

bigbensgirl7
How about Whisenhunt on KDKA when asked If he was leaving.........he responded with "How can you leave this?"

Let's hope he remembers that when a chunk of change and a head coaching job is put in front of him.
He turned down an interview today to be there....I hope this helps him make the discision....Pittsburgh loves him and they let him know it!!!!!!!!!!!

BAC
Watching on The NFL Network. What a beutiful site this is. Never thought I'd be happy I got fired from my job this morning until I got home & turned on T.V. !

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah most of them all looked the same unless u were an offensive lineman or maybe jeff reed..it is hard to tell alot of them apart. If El was pissed he should just relax and enjoy the moment.

Was that max Starks in a huge fur coat ? :laughing:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Cowher was leading the Who Dey We Dey chant at the podium :rofl: :tt:

wardgrl
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
please please please did someone tape this and can I order a copy

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the link to kdka!!! I got to watch the start of the parade at home before I left for work..... got to work and came here to the great SF and now I'm getting to watch the reast of the parade/rally!!! WOOOHOOOOOO......

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
One word........................Beautiful

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

OH MAN.....THAT had to hurt..... I can hear all the damn crybaby Bunhole fans now....LOL

ONE FOR THE THUMB......DONE!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
WHO RIDE? WE RIDE!!!

:tt: :tt: :sign01: :tt: :tt:

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Nice Hat Hines! hahaha!

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Did anyone catch what else Bill said about the Bengals??? ESPN didn't get all of it....I heard the Who Dey thing, but there was something else said a little later!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Cowher was just having a blast up there !!!! :tt:

And Joey with the Who Ride chant !! that was awesome !!

Jerome thanking the city and holding up the Trophy !!! :tt:

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 01:40 PM
when cowher introduced joey porter, he introduced him as the "softest lb in the league"

hilarious!

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 01:55 PM
when cowher introduced joey porter, he introduced him as the "softest lb in the league"

hilarious!
That was funny!!!! Bill is living this whole experience up right now...as he should be!!!!!!!!!!!

SalukiSteelers
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Damn! I missed all of the parade on TV because I was sitting in class.

If there are copies anywhere that any of you know of, please PM with info on how I can get it.

I hope everybody is enjoying this time. As Steelers fans, I'm sure we all can appreciate just how difficult it was to get to this point. Hopefully we can start working on the other hand next season.

Oh yeah, one thing about Cowher's comments: Why even bring up the Bengals? I guess it showed that he was still a little irked over Marvin Lewis' classless comments after the Steelers knocked their sorry butts out of the playoffs.

While I"m not a huge fan of giving those goofs any recognition, it is kind of cool that Cowher is letting himself enjoy this moment and that he's letting the Cincy *****cats know who really owns the North.

One other thing: How great is it that Cowher isn't going to be coaching the AFC in the Pro Bowl. Have fun with it, Dungy, because we've all had to watch our guy get the conference consolation prize a few times.

wardgrl
02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I am with Saluki...I was teaching...any copies?

sToN3R
02-07-2006, 02:27 PM
i was down their didn't stay the whole time cuz i wasn't sitting in traffic for like 4 hgours but wow..it was insane terrible towels everywhere black and gold everywhere best parade i have ever been too..soo many ppl their u couldn't even move it was just insane and def the best parade i have ever went to..

floodcitygirl
02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm from Western PA, now living in Cincy. So gald to be able to watch the festivities online. It was a taste of home! I can't begin to tell you how enjoyable Cowher's WE DEY chant was for me! It has been such a WHINE FEST around here. I know all the Cincy STEELER fans are going to enjoy that one for some time to come!!

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm from Western PA, now living in Cincy. So gald to be able to watch the festivities online. It was a taste of home! I can't begin to tell you how enjoyable Cowher's WE DEY chant was for me! It has been such a WHINE FEST around here. I know all the Cincy STEELER fans are going to enjoy that one for some time to come!!
I'm in Dayton...but I loved every second of it....did anyone catch what else he said about the Bengals a little later...ESPNs coverage only got the last little tid bit of it!

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I was down there today and it was a blast. I taped it at home too so I can watch the stuff I missed.

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 03:05 PM
I was there and it was INSANE. towards the end they could barely fit the cars with the guys on them thru the crowd...hopefully got some great pics tho :) it was a blast. if anyone taped the tv coverage pleeeease let me know!

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
ohh and I forgot to include...when Dan Rooney rode thru his car stopped right in front of us. I had a sign that said "Thank you" and he pointed and me and said "no, thank YOU". it was so awesome :) my friend hopefully got a picture of it

floodcitygirl
02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm in Dayton...but I loved every second of it....did anyone catch what else he said about the Bengals a little later...ESPNs coverage only got the last little tid bit of it!The only thing that I heard after was that he said "Man, I love that!" So do I!!!!!!!!!:sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
ESPN News had live coverage from 11-1 , i taped every second of it.. it was awesome !!!

Cebby
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Nice Hat Hines! hahaha!

My wife was next to the chick that gave Hines the hat. Too bad she's a crappy photographer...

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Cowher was leading the Who Dey We Dey chant at the podium :rofl: :tt:

Cincinnati sports radio is going ballistic about this....

:sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
oh you know it.. i cant wait to see them whine about that come next season :rofl:

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 06:22 PM
oh you know it.. i cant wait to see them whine about that come next season :rofl:

They're saying: "There's gotta be a tape coming out soon of this... Wait until Marvin Lewis sees this... Just wait until he has something to say about it."

What is he gonna say? The fact they are getting so riled up about it is hilarious.

clevestinks
02-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Parade was great, couldnt wait to get warm, we got something to eat in Zorbas afterwards, and it was cold in there!

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
It was a great parade Blackngold every where! Towels twirling what a RUSH it was !

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm glad you guys had fun!!!!! I wish I could have been there!

blackngoldbaby
02-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I HAD SCHOOL TODAY SO I DIDNT GET 2 SEE IT LIVE BUT I REALLY WANTED 2 SO I ASKED MY DAD 2 TAPE IT FOR ME IT WAS AWSOME I COULDNT BELIVE ALL THE PEOPLE THERE IT REALLY WAS AMAZING!:bouncy: I LOVED WHEN JOEY PORTER GOT UP ON STAGE!!!

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Here are some nice pics:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/CigarsGolf/SteelersandStuff059.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/CigarsGolf/SteelersandStuff048.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/CigarsGolf/SteelersandStuff076.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/CigarsGolf/SteelersandStuff078.jpg

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
awesome pictures!!!! totally awesome parade!!!!!

Congraulations again Pittsburgh!!

these pictures make the hair on my neck and arms stand up! WOW!!!

SteelerzGirl
02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I was lovin' Coach Cowher leading the Who Dey chants. First he led them in the chant, "Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals." Then, at the end, he led the crowd in the chant, "Who Dey think gonna beat the NFL!" It was great...(lol). :smile:

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah SteelerzGirl... then he said "I love that!" hahaha! made me laugh!

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I was by the McDonalds. It was nuts!

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
those were such awesome pictures. I am SO happy for you guys. If we couldnt have won it then im glad you guys got to experience this. nothing like a day off in the city celebrating a worlds championship with thousands of others. Ive never been to Pittsburgh but just looking at those pictures it looks like a great city. And great people too. Enjoy!!!!

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
*edit* nevermind

Chronicgaming
02-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, just got back from the parade. My fiance and I drove up from southwestern VA (only about 6 hours each way, worth every minute) to check out the parade. Got there around 9am, and got a spot right across from Jimmy Johns. From how you look at it, it was either the best or the worst spot with all the people swarming the street right before the parade started. For us, it was a blast seeing the black and gold everywhere, and hearing the chants from the crowd. I'm going to post a photo gallery tomorrow and I'll post the link to the Media section for anyone interested. I managed to get a few good photos and a couple funny ones as well.

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
That's awsome...sounds like you had a great time!!!!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I watched the whole parade on ESPNEWS. Had to leave, so I TiVOed it and watched it when I got home.

I am seriously jealous of you Pittsburgh folk who got to be there. The entire time I was watching it I was thinking about how awesome it would have been to be there.

....BUT.....it was about 60 degrees here in Denver today, so I consoled myself by enjoying some outside time this afternoon! :dancing:

The parade was awesome! I loved Joey Porter's stage appearance. Hines was gracious and of course seeing the Bus with the Lombardi Trophy was awesome!

Steeler nation was full of pride today! Seattle had to be crying! Had to feel something like this:

:kick:

Ambridge
02-07-2006, 10:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0280.jpg

Here's a shot of Ben, Max Starks and Charlie Batch.
The parade was a blast and I'll post some more pics in a day or two.

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
AWESOME picture!!!!!!

Hammer67
02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Did Polamalu crowd surf?? I heard that and thought it was awesome...

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
HEY.. See that dude in the tree in that picture?
They showed him on tv a few times!

I heard that Polamalu Body Surfed too!
I'd have liked to have seen that, but missed it!

Ambridge
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0282.jpg

Here's Hines.
Sorry for the picture being so big.

melroseplace
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I didn't see Troy crowd surf, wish I would have tho

Chronicgaming
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
After some sleep, I posted my parade gallery to my website. You can check it out here:
http://photos.chronicgaming.com/photos/SteelerParade2-2006/

I apologize if some of the photos are blurry (hopefully the quantity make up for it). I had to to hold up my digicam to snap the photos, and since my D50 doesn't have LCD previewing it took me a while to get used to it. Here are two of my favorites from the parade:

http://photos.chronicgaming.com/photos/SteelerParade2-2006/cheeringsmall.jpg

http://photos.chronicgaming.com/photos/SteelerParade2-2006/porterchampssmall.jpg

bigbensgirl7
02-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Great pics...thanks for posting them!

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2006, 12:37 PM
250,000 people!!! That is truly amazing.

:tt: :sign01: :tt: :sign01: :tt: :tt02: :tt03: :tt02: :tt03:

NJarhead
02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Man I wish I could've gone.
Training camps gonna be a mob scene this year too!

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Where was Kimo at during the parade? I don't recall seeing Kimo, Tommy, Duce, Haynes or Stuvaints?

Tommy is understandable.

Duce is understandable to a degree.

Stuvaints is not a big name, but neither is Rod Rutherford and he was there.

Haynes I can't understand and Kimo I can't understand.

Ambridge
02-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Where was Kimo at during the parade? I don't recall seeing Kimo, Tommy, Duce, Haynes or Stuvaints?

Tommy is understandable.

Tommy was there.
He rode(sitting down) in the back of a convertable wearing sunglasses, trying to keep a low profile.

steelerbackr4life
02-08-2006, 04:31 PM
In 24 hours I drove from Jersey Saw the parade and drove back with my kids and friends! It was awseome! Not just the parade but the whole experience from partying with locals in Primantis late Monday to waving towels and honking horns at fellow Steeler fans on the turnpike home !

melroseplace
02-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Tommy had his kids with him too...I don't remember seeing Haynes or Kimo either

Burghgirl
02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow...I just watched the tape of the parade since I was not able to attend. Amazing! They were expecting 20,000 and 250,000 show...nobody does football like Pittsburgh.

melroseplace
02-09-2006, 02:13 AM
nobody does football like Pittsburgh.

ain't that the truth :cool:

bozz723
02-09-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm in Dayton...but I loved every second of it....did anyone catch what else he said about the Bengals a little later...ESPNs coverage only got the last little tid bit of it!

Yea, Billy said... " I want you to scream loud enough so Cincinnatti hears it! WHO DEY ?! WHO DEY ?!?" Then he said " Who'dey think were gnna beat them Bengals ??" Then he said "Who DEY think was gonna beat the NFL ! "

WHO DEY !!

WE DEY!!

FisherMOM
02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Troy Crowd Surfing!
That's the first time I've seen it and I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!!

That's Awesome Burghgirl!!! Troy ROCKS!!!!

pmbchase
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Does anybody have a recording of the parade I could get? I wasn't able to watch it because of work.

Matt
pmbchase@hotmail.com

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Does anybody have a recording of the parade I could get? I wasn't able to watch it because of work.

Matt
pmbchase@hotmail.com

At www.kdka.com they have video clips of the parade.

Chronicgaming
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM

Matt
pmbchase@hotmail.com

I thought I read somewhere that PCNC is rebroadcasting the parade this weekend. WPXI.com (http://www.wpxi.com/sports/index.html) has clips as well.

pmbchase
02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks everyone!

MT VERNON OHIO'S #1 FAN
02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I COUDLN'T BE THERE FOR THE PARADE BUT MY DAD AND SISTER LIVE NEAR PITTSBURGH AND GOT TO GO. SHE CALLED ME ON HER CELL PHONE SO I COULD SORTA BE THERE! WOW! WHAT EXCITEMENT!! GIVES ME CHLLS JUST THINKIN ABOUT IT. GO STEELERS GO!!