PDA

View Full Version : the immaculate reception vs. sb XL

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
30+ years later, john madden and raider fans have not gotten over the "blown call" that led to francos td. it is said the refs gave the steelers that game. yet that play and that game has gone down in football lore and is one of the defining moments of the pittsburgh steelers.

and here we are some 30+ years later after winning a league leading 5th trophy, with fans crying foul. but this dont matter because 30 years from now this will be remembered as the one where the steelers tied the cowboys and 49ers for most sb victories. it will be remembered for the youngest qb to win the superbowlbowl and the undrafted free agent who ran for the longest td in sb history, eclipsing a mark set by the great marcus allen. people will remember the converted wr from college qb who became the 1st wr to throw a td in a sb. this will be the game where the hometown hero rode off into the sunset in story book fashion. and it will always be known as the "one for the thumb", a ring the steelers were destined to win. regardless of anything else.

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 12:02 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT tony!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Forever remembered... the one for the thumb!

Tha rock
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
that ball hit the damn ground!!! blown call:dang:

thumb 2 come
02-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Prove it:busted:

Tha rock
02-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Prove it:busted:

here you go!

The pic clearly shows where the ball touched the ground and bounced up!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1802/immaculate1w1212ju.jpg

outcome one pissed off raider team!!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2308/immaculate4w1214iq.jpg

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
You need a pic of the ball hitting the ground. Not where someone drew where it may have bounced or something.

silver & black
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
here you go!

The pic clearly shows where the ball touched the ground and bounced up!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1802/immaculate1w1212ju.jpg

outcome one pissed off raider team!!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2308/immaculate4w1214iq.jpg
Sorry dude, that is not conclusive proof... and this is from a Raider fan that watched that play go down. There is only one guy that knows the truth, Frenchy Fuqua... and he aint talking. As was said... it's been 34 years since that game... time to move on.

Look at it like I do... the two greatest teams in the NFL are part of football lore forever, because of that play. Yeah, they broke our hearts that year... but we did the same to them in '76. Tit for tat... these two teams will always be the bad asses of the NFL.

I hope to get back to our winning ways soon... then we can resume our long tradition of excellent games between our teams.

Tha rock
02-07-2006, 07:58 PM
yeah i agree!! its over with long time ago!

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
rock, thanks for helping illustrate my point. this most recent seattle loss will stick with their fans for as long as the immaculate reception has stuck with alot of raider fans. this is normal and there is nothing us steelerfans can do to take the sting out of it or convince people otherwise. and as much as i will enjoy the immaculate reception and what it meant to the steelers organisation, i will enjoy this 5th sb win even more.

daleemnm
02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
We'll never know if it did or not.

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
ive never seen such a hyped up overblown imaginary "contoversy" over the referees.

there was worse calls against the Steelers at Indy and against the Patriots at Denver. Seattle lost because they sucked. shut up everybody!!!!

and to the Raider people... especially to the "we were the 2 greatest teams ever" chap,
you are dreaming if you think you can even compare the 70's Raiders to the 70's Steelers, like you were Ali and Frazier or something. the 70's Raiders were a choke team that only won their ONE SB because of Ben Dreith. The 00's Patriots, 60's Packers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, '72 Dolphins, '85 Bears, the 70's Cowboys, the Gibbs Redskins were all better than that Raider group so just go away. Your team has one embarrassing Super Bowl appearance in 22 years. buh-bye!!

Tha rock
02-07-2006, 10:23 PM
ive never seen such a hyped up overblown imaginary "contoversy" over the referees.

there was worse calls against the Steelers at Indy and against the Patriots at Denver. Seattle lost because they sucked. shut up everybody!!!!

and to the Raider people... especially to the "we were the 2 greatest teams ever" chap,
you are dreaming if you think you can even compare the 70's Raiders to the 70's Steelers, like you were Ali and Frazier or something. the 70's Raiders were a choke team that only won their ONE SB because of Ben Dreith. The 00's Patriots, 60's Packers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, '72 Dolphins, '85 Bears, the 70's Cowboys, the Gibbs Redskins were all better than that Raider group so just go away. Your team has one embarrassing Super Bowl appearance in 22 years. buh-bye!!

hold up your talking out your neck now you no that idiot there were alot of bad calls in those games you just need to shut your damn mouth ok go tuck another team out a SB!!

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 10:31 PM
hold up your talking out your neck now you no that idiot there were alot of bad calls in those games you just need to shut your damn mouth ok go tuck another team out a SB!!

saying what huh you sense not making the games im talking of about can Patriots over your Raiders team Super Bowl!

Tha rock
02-07-2006, 10:35 PM
saying what huh you sense not making the games im talking of about can Patriots over your Raiders team Super Bowl!

what r u saying?? you no what im no replying to you after this your so damn stupid for your comments im done with you this is you:blah:

Stlrs4Life
02-07-2006, 10:35 PM

There is no question on whether the ball hit the ground, it didn't touch the ground. The question is, did it hit Fuqua, or did it hit the ******* Tatum?

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
what r u saying?? you no what im no replying to you after this your so damn stupid for your comments im done with you this is you:blah:

iyam saying what u say ic ant understand b;ablah Raiders stink a lot you smell bad:blah:

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 10:52 PM
has this thread taken a turn for the worse? just using the immaculate reception to make a point. not to rehash OLD wounds.

see seattle fans....youre not the only ones bitter over past calls. lol

so you got 2 options. either deal with it or be raiderfan. LMAO! just messing people, havin' championship fun, nothing personal.

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 10:55 PM
the ball bounced. hahaha. what a maroooon.

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
what a maroooon.

bugs bunny?

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 10:59 PM
bugs bunny?

ok, rocky, wheres he hiding?? wheres he hiding???

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 11:06 PM
the immaculate reception, the tackle, its all part of Steelers history that we can enjoy forever.

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
the immaculate reception, the tackle, its all part of Steelers history that we can enjoy forever.

wow i just realized that by winning the sb "the tackle" will be immortalized

(not like it wasnt already by steelernation but our kids will really be seeing replays of that 30 years from now)

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 11:23 PM
the tackle may be bigger. If Franco doesnt make that play the Steelers would have still been great in the 70's. Bens play was the difference between a championship and that game going down as the biggest blown/choke playoff game ever (along with the Music City miracle) and completly ruining and tarnishing Bettis' lasting image forever and ever.
The media would have Bill Buckner'd him. The Tackle is legendary already.

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Hail to the TACKLE... and it was in OUR generation! HOW cool is that?

Imagine 20 years from now watching it with our grandkids...
We can say "Yeah, I remember that like it was yesterday!"

silver & black
02-08-2006, 07:01 AM

If you say so. I can compare the 70's Raiders to the 70's Steelers in the way that both teams played the game. During that time, no one played harder or inflicted more pain on other teams than the Raiders and the Steelers. Our two teams played some killer games against each other in that time period. I would also go so far as to say that there was no team more feared than the 70's Raiders.

I never said that the Raiders won more championships than the Steelers in the 70's did I? Did I mention the other teams that you felt neccessry to mention? I wouldn't be so quick to espouse the greatness of the Patriots just yet. You have a good team, I won't deny that, but you have only been good for a very short time. Stay that good for a few more years... win a few more titles... then you can crow. Your team can't even compare to what the Raiders have accompished... yet. The Raiders and the Steelers have been there over the coarse of the years... the other teams you mention have had a good year or a good decade, their success does not span a longer time than that. The Steelers and the Raiders have had success over a much greater time span.

The Raiders are the only team to have appeared in the Superbowl in 4 out of the last 5 decades. You're right... we couldn't possibly be called one of the great teams in the NFL.