PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel right now?

GBMelBlount
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Personally, I was concerned at the end of last season. In fact I was so discouraged I stopped posting for a long time.

However, between our free agency acquisitions and our draft I feel we have filled some important holes and added some depth.

Looking at the big picture personnel wise I feel pretty good right now.

However, my biggest concern this year is the collective will to win.

2 years ago we won half a dozen games we were losing in the 4th quarter, I was so proud of our team.....but last year the reverse happened, we lost 4 or 5 games we were winning in the 4th quarter.

Something seemed to be missing imo, the collective will and confidence to win.

This has been an incredibly difficult off season for some of our players and an embarrassing one for the entire team.

I believe that adversity can bring out the greatness in people.

That is what I am hoping for this year, the circling of the wagons, a team brought closer by adversity, and a collective will and determination to achieve great things together.

Any thoughts?

Sharkissle29
04-25-2010, 01:09 PM
hung over.

the more i watch youtube videos, the more i like this draft

Merchant
04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
I feel as long as Troy is healthy, this group can do great things in 2010.

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
im optomistic too. plenty of competition will do wonders for this team.

AllD
04-25-2010, 01:19 PM
It will be the year Dennis Dixon makes his move up or down. If he moves up he either replaces BB or he gets traded for a high draft pick. If he moves down he replaces Batch and gets a brand new clipboard. It will be interesting to watch as our season depends on him.

focosteeler
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
hung over.

the more i watch youtube videos, the more i like this draft

im with you on that....the youtube thing :chuckle:

the more i watch the happier i get. not that i was angry...but im getting more and more excited to see what we can do this season :tt04:

Merchant
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
It will be the year Dennis Dixon makes his move up or down. If he moves up he either replaces BB or he gets traded for a high draft pick. If he moves down he replaces Batch and gets a brand new clipboard. It will be interesting to watch as our season depends on him.

lol @ replaces BB

zulater
04-25-2010, 01:40 PM
I've got no idea who the 2010 Steelers are or what will become of them? :noidea:

Steelerfreak58
04-25-2010, 01:51 PM
The draft this year was a good one. McFadden coming back will really help us at the CB spot and the FA we did picking up Foote, ARE, Battle was all solid depth moves. The O-Line just got a little stronger if Pouncey is the real deal and can make an impact.

Staying healthy is the key. Last year we lost Troy and it damaged us so bad that I think it was pretty obvious we would have won the division if he was in there more. Troy staying healthy and the running game getting it together are going to be keys to some success.

Dixon if allowed will show his value I am saying it right now.

pancake
04-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I feel good about this team. Some don't like the draft, but Steelers do their own scouting.

Offense:
QB: I am woried about the first 4 games and any rust that Ben might have when he comes back. If Dixon starts and does well, maybe we can get a good draft pick out of him.

RB- We have improved with Dwyer as a new back up, but would have liked a FB to join this group.

WR- The one spot where we are not as good as last year. Not bad, just not as good. (On paper) If Sweed steps up, Wallace keeps improving, Ward stays healthy and one of the other guys comes through, this will still be a very nice group.

TE- no change

OL- We improved on the inside, which should help with the running game.

Defense:
DL- not really a change, but getting Smith back is huge.

LB-added some talented youth and a vet to the depth chart. I feel good about this unit for now.

DB- Troy being healthy does wonders for this group and adding B-mac is also nice. I hope to see some strides from the young guys. This group is better today than it was week 17 of last year.

Special teams- I think got the biggest boost from this draft and it needed it.

Indo
04-25-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm hoping that THIS is the year that we Unleash Hell
Tomlin was just a year off...

back to fielding a Crushing Defense and Pounding the Rock

IT'S A BRAND NEW YEAR!

SteelGhost
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Putting BB drama aside, I feel good, I think 2010 season will be great ! We can't say this offseson has been boring :chuckle:

Go Steelers :tt:

JSH6487
04-25-2010, 02:36 PM

LOL, replace BB...oh how I love some Steeler fans.

SteelKnight
04-25-2010, 02:40 PM
How we feel after our picks has a lot to do with whether the media liked the same players our scouts liked and whether they had been hyping the names of the playrs. Many of us felt comfortable with pouncey because we had heard of him but Worilds and Sanders, not so much.

If Mayock had said Worilds was his second favorite on his LB board, and tey had been talking about him, when his name was announced, we would have all been excited. Instead, we didn't know him. If they had been talking up Sanders as a gem, same thing. But there have to be secret finds that the media isn't fluent with (just like last year with Wallace). Hopefully the Steelers found them.

Also, I think we put too much pressure on the middle and late picks. It is all just a gamble. If they have success with 1(Pouncey), 2(Worilds), 3(Sanders), and 6 (Dwyer) then this class is a success. Those others are just gambles and if anything comes from any of them, great...if not, fine too.

Personally, I'm hoping Sanders or Sweed can beat out Randel El for #3. They are both fast and should be able to help stretch the field. I wonder if Sweeds hand is the same after that surgery. If it is not, he won't tell us.

SteelKnight
04-25-2010, 02:45 PM
And I want them to release Battle. As long as Sanders and Sweed (and some of te oter rookies) can play special teams, I'd rather give them the spots. They really only got him for ST so I don't want him to use up one of our WR spots.

rich4eagle
04-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I think the Steeers did very well in the draft. Hopefully Ben gets his act together and the Steelers do not send him away. Winners like him are hard to come by!

Anyway, good moves all around so far!

My question mark was and remains Tomlin? Given too much credit for too little so far

Prok
04-25-2010, 02:54 PM

I don't think our season depends on whether DD can play. If it did, we'd be screwed imo.

We can't put un-realistic expectations on the kid. And if the CS thought he could start those 4 games they wouldn't have traded for Leftwich imo.

I'm optimistic as well and glad we brought back all those veterans. We are a SB contending team again.

I have alot of hope that a few of these draft picks pan out as well. We could sure use the youth movement in areas.

:tt:

stillers4me
04-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I'll let you know in December. :chuckle:

SteelGhost
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
And I want them to release Battle. As long as Sanders and Sweed (and some of te oter rookies) can play special teams, I'd rather give them the spots. They really only got him for ST so I don't want him to use up one of our WR spots.

This 2010 draft WR picks and ARE's return smell like Sweed is the oddman out IMHO

Merchant
04-25-2010, 03:34 PM
This 2010 draft WR picks and ARE's return smell like Sweed is the oddman out IMHO

Something about that statement Sweed made earlier in the month tells me he could step it up and me our #3 or #4 this year. The kid's got too much talent - he's already got the getting wide open part down, now he's just gotta work on the actually catching the ball part. :chuckle:

SteelGhost
04-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Something about that statement Sweed made earlier in the month tells me he could step it up and me our #3 or #4 this year. The kid's got too much talent - he's already got the getting wide open part down, now he's just gotta work on the actually catching the ball part. :chuckle:

...and strengthen his "Batch-like" wrists :sofunny:

BlastFurnace
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I've got no idea who the 2010 Steelers are or what will become of them? :noidea:

That's kind of how I feel too.

I'm optimistic that the defense can bounce back...but that can change with a tweak of Troy's knee.

I'm not sure what to expect.

wootawnee
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
lol @ replaces BB

lol

zulater
04-25-2010, 06:05 PM
...and strengthen his "Batch-like" wrists :sofunny:

https://www.tryshakeweight.com/flare/next?tag=si|sm|go|tm

Or he could try this, as recommended by Tom Brady.

( watch the provided video) :chuckle:

Ricco Suavez
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Last year brimmed with confidence going in, this year to me its more of a wait and see. I for one do not know how this media circus we've been in for the past few weeks will affect this team. It could bring this bunch together. If we stay healthy and do not fall apart early during Ben's suspension we could very well see this teams return to the playoffs.

polamalubeast
04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Verry Good:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Steeldude
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
if polamalu goes down again i hope lebeau doesn't played scared again.

tube517
04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::t t04::tt04:

I am rooting for this team to take it to the rest of the NFL. 60 minute men.

I have a feeling you'll see the Steeler family (ex players) get closer to the team. There's a rich history there and I think the Family will circle around the Rooneys and won't let them look bad.

rbryan
04-27-2010, 01:36 PM
The media coverage of the BB fiasco sickens me. Reminds me of the slant you get watching the political propaganda shows on Fox News or CNBC. Only difference is I don't see the other side of the argument in this instance. If BSPN has thier way they're going to will the Steelers to a losing season. It's going to be a huge distraction and anything short of him coming out blazing and running the table upon his return is only going to feed the monster.

Time to circle the wagons. For the players on the team who supposedly don't like BB.....it's time to show everyone you don't need him to win or STFU

SteelGhost
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
https://www.tryshakeweight.com/flare/next?tag=si|sm|go|tm

Or he could try this, as recommended by Tom Brady.

( watch the provided video) :chuckle:

You cracked me up Zu :rofl: :rofl:

....but the shake-weight MUST be lighter than a clipboard :sofunny:

Vincent
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm always "energized" after the draft because of all the rationale for the picks translating into a heightened, if perhaps unrealistic, expectation for the season. Then the reality of camp sets in and the preseason games begin to show the quality of the team. On paper we have a contender again this year.

Leadership will be the key, and I hope it doesn't come from Ben. He needs to quietly earn his way back and that can only come from sustained high performance. Until then, Ben needs to keep his mouth shut, head down, and play like a machine.

From the defense standpoint, I hope we see another 2008, but with some emerging younger stars.

Offensively, we have the mandate from on high to run more efficiently. Hopefully that will deemphasize the QB and allow things to stabilize.

steeltheone
04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Overall we have stayed about the same. Maybe weaker. The Ravens have improved alot. I never feel we wont win games,but on paper, i can see how they would be the favorite.

SteelGhost
04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Overall we have stayed about the same. Maybe weaker. The Ravens have improved alot. I never feel we wont win games,but on paper, i can see how they would be the favorite.

Yes, it looks like they are, but the underdog tag suits us well :wink02:

:tt04:

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 03:23 PM

We were the favorite last year though...and look how that turned out.

One or two key injuries to them and they are not who we thought they were.