PDA

View Full Version : Second thoughts after the draft

jollyrob68
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Now that the draft is over what players would you have picked that were still on the board? Remember as of day 2 you have the knowledge that your probably going to get BMac back as a starting CB. So in day 1 you dont have that info yet.
Whats does your draft look like?
Use nfl.com draft tracker to see who was available.( not your wish list/who was available to be picked)

Mine
1 Pouncey
2 Mt Cody or Golden Tate
3 WR or Brandon Ghee
4 Thaddeus Gibson
5 trade for Bmac
5 Rashard Jones SS
5 Anthony Dixon(comp)
5 Marshall Newhouse/Chris Scott
6 JAmar Chaney/Stevenson Sylvester
6 Dorin DIckerson
7 Doug Worthington/Jeff OWens

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
i woulda drafted jim tebow in the first.

7willBheaven
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Now that the draft is over what players would you have picked that were still on the board? Remember as of day 2 you have the knowledge that your probably going to get BMac back as a starting CB. So in day 1 you dont have that info yet.
Use nfl.com draft tracker to see who was available.( not your wish list/who was available to be picked)

Mine
1 Pouncey
2 Mt Cody or Golden Tate
3 WR or Brandon Ghee
4 Thaddeus Gibson
5 trade for Bmac
5 Rashard Jones SS
5 Anthony Dixon(comp)
6 Dorin DIxon

Who is Dorin Dixon? That Dennis's brother or cousin or what?

pete74
04-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Mine
1 Pouncey
2 Mt Cody or Golden Tate
3 WR or Brandon Ghee
4 Thaddeus Gibson
5 trade for Bmac
5 Rashard Jones SS
5 Anthony Dixon(comp)
6 Dorin DIxon

i definatly agree with your 1st 6 rounds

PhantomJB93
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
1. Kyle Wilson
1b. Trade 2 late picks this year and 2nd next year to move into mid 1st, Maurkice Pouncey
2. Golden Tate
3. Navorro Bowman
4. Thaddeus Gibson
5. Jonathan Dwyer
5b. Stevenson Sylvester
(rest of 5th rounders traded)
6. Myron Rolle
(rest of picks traded)

jollyrob68
04-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Who is Dorin Dixon? That Dennis's brother or cousin or what?
Dorin Dickerson Sorry about that.

jollyrob68
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
1. Kyle Wilson
1b. Trade 2 late picks this year and 2nd next year to move into mid 1st, Maurkice Pouncey
2. Golden Tate
3. Navorro Bowman
4. Thaddeus Gibson
5. Jonathan Dwyer
5b. Stevenson Sylvester
(rest of 5th rounders traded)
6. Myron Rolle
(rest of picks traded)

Pouncey would of been gone at 19. They said they were going to take him.
I wondered why they past on Tate or Cody?

taztroy43
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Same here.....

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Same here.....i think drafting hamptons replacement means cutting chris hoke. he is the ultimate steeler, and the front office has paid him handsomely for very little play. by all rights, he couldve acted like so many other players do, and demanded a trade.

i think the rooneys value his loyalty plus he played real well when needed. at this point he's better than any rookie.

Set-Man
04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
i woulda drafted jim tebow in the first.

Is it Jimmy-Bob Tebow?

PhantomJB93
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM

Ok then switch them around. We could have taken Pouncey at 18 and still gotten Kyle Wilson in the mid-late 20's.

And I wasn't so high on Cody but I would have vastly preferred him over Worilds. Tate, well, I can see why they might like Sanders better but Tate is far more proven and I still think we shouldn't have passed up on that opportunity. Another option I would have loved there is Sean Lee, I mean I get where people are coming from with the "OLB has no depth" but at the same time our OLB's are much younger than our ILB's and if we're gonna pass on Tate for a LB we don't plan on starting soon anyway we should have taken an ILB in the second and an OLB or two later.

jollyrob68
04-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Ok then switch them around. We could have taken Pouncey at 18 and still gotten Kyle Wilson in the mid-late 20's.

And I wasn't so high on Cody but I would have vastly preferred him over Worilds. Tate, well, I can see why they might like Sanders better but Tate is far more proven and I still think we shouldn't have passed up on that opportunity. Another option I would have loved there is Sean Lee, I mean I get where people are coming from with the "OLB has no depth" but at the same time our OLB's are much younger than our ILB's and if we're gonna pass on Tate for a LB we don't plan on starting soon anyway we should have taken an ILB in the second and an OLB or two later.

If we could of went back and grabbed Kyle that would of made people Happy. Then we would of gotten BMac back. wow. Thanks

Texasteel
04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
You guys will be pissed next year when we leave Pouncey at RG and draft his brother to play OC.:wink02:

I understand your concern about ILB, but I think that with the FA we gained another year anyway. We were paper thin at OLB and I think people may be underestimating Worilds a little.

With the way this draft shook out, and what I think will happen with the team, I could see us going after DT, ILB, and maybe a CB next year, and of course I will the crying for an OT once again.

Yes I have started next years draft watch already.

Kingmagyar
04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
I thick with Hampton playing three more years (Ted Washington played until 40 or so) Cody would never get on the field unless of injury. No doubt Cody is an immovable object but does have stamina problems and weight issues. Hampton when he was a rookie was very fit and agile and a three down player. Cody at his young age is already like an old Hampton (a 2 down player).

I still like Jonathan Dwyer in the 5th over Anthony Dixon in the 4th.

wdsteel
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
we knew before Day 1 cards are willing to trade Bmack back to us..
1 LT Bryan Bulaga
2 ILB Sean Lee
3.DT Dan Williams
4.OLB Thaddeus Gibson....i Like him
5a OL Chris Scott ...also like plays G & T he might be our new RT
5b. WR Carlton Mitchell
5c DE Clifton Geathers
6 RB Jonathan Dwyer...good steel
7.DE Doug Worthington...good as anyone left.

But im happy with the guys we did get.. so will everone else after Training camp.

jollyrob68
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
You guys will be pissed next year when we leave Pouncey at RG and draft his brother to play OC.:wink02:

I understand your concern about ILB, but I think that with the FA we gained another year anyway. We were paper thin at OLB and I think people may be underestimating Worilds a little.

With the way this draft shook out, and what I think will happen with the team, I could see us going after DT, ILB, and maybe a CB next year, and of course I will the crying for an OT once again.

Yes I have started next years draft watch already.

I'd be happy with the other Pouncey next year.:chuckle:

jollyrob68
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
we knew before Day 1 cards are willing to trade Bmack back to us..
1 LT Bryan Bulaga
2 ILB Sean Lee
3.DT Dan Williams
4.OLB Thaddeus Gibson....i Like him
5a OL Chris Scott ...also like plays G & T he might be our new RT
5b. WR Carlton Mitchell
5c DE Clifton Geathers
6 RB Jonathan Dwyer...good steel
7.DE Doug Worthington...good as anyone left.

But im happy with the guys we did get.. so will everone else after Training camp.

Kevin Colbert said they knew on friday. What Dan Williams are you talking about in rd 3? Rd 2 Lee was who I thought they were going to take.

jollyrob68
04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm happy with the players we drafted and cant wait to see them perform.
Its funny that the experts keep asking why the Steelers drafted so many LB's? Well, we had no backups for Harrison & woodley and now both have a quality backup who can play Special Teams. The last one is going to become an ILB.

AllD
04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
No prima donna WRs or WRs coming off injury. Maybe the ACL is why we passed on Lee?

Steelers>NFL
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
No prima donna WRs or WRs coming off injury. Maybe the ACL is why we passed on Lee?
ACL is why we gave up on Rod Woodson too right? He played a few more years a
a pretty good level...