PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Fan Present: Wishing Good Luck and Be Ready for a Tough AFC

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm sure you don't get many ravens fans posting here ( that haven't been banned already), but for now I'll wish you guys good luck.

Overall, I thought the AFC North had the best draft it you go division by division.. It was a tough race last season, and it shouldn't surprise me to see three teams make the playoffs, or fighting for it on the last week.

Going to my first ever Ravens-Steelers game this year, where Big Ben will be playing, so it should be exciting.

Well, I'll sign off here.. All I'll say is, a fast start to the season will be important for all involved within the division.

Indo
04-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Actually we have several well-respected Ravens fans here...

The AFC North is heating up

Can't wait for the season to begin...

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Actually we have several well-respected Ravens fans here...

The AFC North is heating up

Can't wait for the season to begin...

I'm sure you get them at every forum. But the rivalry always brings the worst out of us.

zulater
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
If I had to predict today here's my AFC North standings

Ravens 12-4
Bengals 8-8
Steelers 7-9
Browns 5-11

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I would love to see Ravens 12-4. I'm thinking atleast 11-5, as we normally find a way to screw up atleast one game...

Merchant
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Ravens 12-4
Bengals 8-8
Steelers 7-9
Browns 5-11

7-9?? Are you insane lol. Look at our defense alone. Even without Big Ben the first 4-6 games this is still a playoff team.

Indo
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm sure you get them at every forum. But the rivalry always brings the worst out of us .

:chuckle:

AND the Best...

There's nothing wrong with a healthy rivalry---as long as it's done respectfully, Ratbird boy!

I'm curious to see if Cody turns out to be a mountain or a Blob!

Dylan
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM
i say 16-0:tt02:

polamalubeast
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I never liked the Ravens, a reason they play in our division, but I respect them.

The Ravens are an organization of high quality and they are always a threat for the steelers

I love to play against the Ravens, due to the games are hard and intense

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM

AND the Best...

There's nothing wrong with a healthy rivalry---as long as it's done respectfully, Ratbird boy!

I'm curious to see if Cody turns out to be a mountain or a Blob!

Oh, and by the way.. The Ratbird nickname isn't clever. On the other hand, a stool certainly is :)

Merchant
04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm not even overly concerned with the games without Ben. Pouncey and Dwyer should make for an excellent running game, and with Troy, Aaron, and B-Mac back on the other side of the ball we should have a Top 3 defense. Even our special teams look to be improved with all the signings and draft pickups.

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm not even overly concerned with the games without Ben. Pouncey and Dwyer should make for an excellent running game, and with Troy, Aaron, and B-Mac back on the other side of the ball we should have a Top 3 defense. Even our special teams look to be improved with all the signings and draft pickups.

Eh, I agree on the defense, but you have to be concerned with Ben, especially with Holmes out of the equation.. Especially from a ravens standpoint, you take the two most feared players on the offense out of the game, it will have an impact..

Indo
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh, and by the way.. The Ratbird nickname isn't clever. On the other hand, a stool certainly is :)

This is clever?

http://www.anytimerentalsmiami.com/images/TABLES-CHAIRS-MATS/Bar-Stool.jpg

MiselisM
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
This is clever?

http://www.anytimerentalsmiami.com/images/TABLES-CHAIRS-MATS/Bar-Stool.jpg

Over a ratbird?? Any day...

SteelGhost
04-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Ravens 12-4
Bengals 8-8
Steelers 7-9
Browns 5-11

WOW Zu, I usually agree with your posts, not this time bro....or.... are you being sarcastic ? :noidea:

I think a 10-6 will be nice, and that's because of the suspension of our # 7, otherwise I'd go for a 12-4 season :tt03:

On Edit : Welcome to the board MiselisM, a :drink: for an injury free 2010 season and a nice AFC North battle

stb_steeler
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Ravens 12-4
Bengals 8-8
Steelers 7-9
Browns 5-11

Man have alittle heart.......I hope you eat that prediction !

solardave
04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm sure you don't get many ravens fans posting here ( that haven't been banned already), but for now I'll wish you guys good luck.

Overall, I thought the AFC North had the best draft it you go division by division.. It was a tough race last season, and it shouldn't surprise me to see three teams make the playoffs, or fighting for it on the last week.

Going to my first ever Ravens-Steelers game this year, where Big Ben will be playing, so it should be exciting.

Well, I'll sign off here.. All I'll say is, a fast start to the season will be important for all involved within the division.

Let the smack begin. You guys got even stouter (if there is such a word) in the middle but we got Dwyer to run over the fat boys.LOL He'll soften em' up for Mendenhall. This is the year we have 2-1300+ backs.

:tt:

zulater
04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Man have alittle heart.......I hope you eat that prediction !

It's not what I want, it's what I'm preparing myself for. I just got this feeling that the Ben situation is going to hover over the Steelers like a black cloud all year.

SMR
04-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Would you prefer the GAYvens?

The Baltimore Gayvens

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1261/1351154737_54aa5d855c.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3673598955_8d015e4723.jpg

SteelerEmpire
04-25-2010, 04:35 PM
The team already has chemistry with Lefty (yes, its almost certain he'll start the first few games of the year... barring an injury) so I think if we can get a 4-2 by the time Ben takes back over we'll be decent... you just never know about how it'll play out until we see the first game or two...

HometownGal
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever Ratfink fan! :wave: There - is that better? :chuckle:

Too early, imho, to predict the Steelers record. I'll have a little better feel for it after TC.

BlastFurnace
04-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I liked it how Rod Woodson stuck it to you guys gain by representing us during the draft.

Ravnet
04-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I think the Ravens are clearly the favorite to advance the furthest this season.

Although Cincinnati plays Baltimore well head-to-head, they haven't won a playoff game in 20+ years.

The Steelers are frankly falling apart, and the Browns aren't worth a mention.

Merchant
04-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I think the Ravens are clearly the favorite to advance the furthest this season.

Although Cincinnati plays Baltimore well head-to-head, they haven't won a playoff game in 20+ years.

You wish :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM

I respect your opinion, Rave, but being the favorite doesn't guarantee anything.

I don't believe the Steelers are "falling apart" at all. Oft times, adversity can bring a team closer together and I see no evidence of this team being torn apart by the Ben drama and Santo being dealt to the J-E-T-S. If anything, I think the troubles in the "water" will only make this bunch stronger. You heard it here first. :drink:

Preacher
04-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Actually, I think we are ascending again. Why?

1. The loose ship that has been ran the last couple of years is over. Tomlin ran a tight ship at camp and during the season (Casey on HUP, Santo's 1 game susp. last year). However now, the Rooneys have stepped in and tightened the ship EVERYWHERE.

2. The players we brought back in, are all still contributing players, AND know our system very well (except ARE-but it won't take him long to pick it up, since already knows what it is like to play with Ben and Ward).

3. Our line just got a whole lot better, and they weren't necessarily that bad last year even.

4. We are settled at RB. That hasn't been true for 3 years. I loved Willie P. But those injuries soured me on him. Its all over now. Mendy in his second true year is what this team has needed.

5. Despite all the issues surrounding Ben, he will have an exceptional year. In all honesty. I think what happened to him is the best thing for him. Too often, life gets a little out of control. Come week five, IMO, you will see a much better focused Ben. Think he was good before? watch now. I EXPECT BEN TO HIT ANOTHER GEAR this year, and by the end of this year, maybe next, he WILL BE spoken of in the same breath as Manning and Brady. He has all the tools except the deep, long ball. Some extra time in the gym'll take care of that... and he should have a lot of extra time on his hands now.

SH-Rock
04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
According to NFL.com

Bengals have 4th hardest schedule
Browns have 10th hardest
Ravens have 12th hardest
Steelers have 21st hardest

So according to this, the Steelers have a better chance of winning AFC North, but this is only possible if the first six games go good where the Steelers vs:

Falcolns
Titans
Bucs
Ravens
Browns
Dolphins

SMR
04-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I predict the Steelers and the Gayvens to be the top two in the AFC. Yep, ya heard it from me!

Set-Man
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

Steelers falling apart?

I think that division is going to become very close in the next few years. The Browns will finally close the gap with Holmgren at the head. Cinci has gotten better.

With that said the Steelers had a bad offseason and that is the only reason they will not win the division next year (Ben's suspension).

Baltimore had a really good draft but could you imagine if Flacco was out for the first 6 games next season?

The Steelers will be right there when the season ends even with Ben's suspension.
:tt04::tt:

BlastFurnace
04-25-2010, 09:45 PM

Congratulations on winning the April Super Bowl. :coffee:

polamalubeast
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Congratulations on winning the April Super Bowl. :coffee:

:thumbsup::hug::tt03::toofunny::applaudit:

stb_steeler
04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Actually, I think we are ascending again. Why?

1. The loose ship that has been ran the last couple of years is over. Tomlin ran a tight ship at camp and during the season (Casey on HUP, Santo's 1 game susp. last year). However now, the Rooneys have stepped in and tightened the ship EVERYWHERE.

2. The players we brought back in, are all still contributing players, AND know our system very well (except ARE-but it won't take him long to pick it up, since already knows what it is like to play with Ben and Ward).

3. Our line just got a whole lot better, and they weren't necessarily that bad last year even.

4. We are settled at RB. That hasn't been true for 3 years. I loved Willie P. But those injuries soured me on him. Its all over now. Mendy in his second true year is what this team has needed.

5. Despite all the issues surrounding Ben, he will have an exceptional year. In all honesty. I think what happened to him is the best thing for him. Too often, life gets a little out of control. Come week five, IMO, you will see a much better focused Ben. Think he was good before? watch now. I EXPECT BEN TO HIT ANOTHER GEAR this year, and by the end of this year, maybe next, he WILL BE spoken of in the same breath as Manning and Brady. He has all the tools except the deep, long ball. Some extra time in the gym'll take care of that... and he should have a lot of extra time on his hands now.

I like the way u think Preach, sums it up pretty good. As far as the Steelers falling apart, what a few mishap's and their falling apart?. Time will only tell.

steelerohio
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Steelers falling apart?

I think that division is going to become very close in the next few years. The Browns will finally close the gap with Holmgren at the head. Cinci has gotten better.

With that said the Steelers had a bad offseason and that is the only reason they will not win the division next year (Ben's suspension).

Baltimore had a really good draft but could you imagine if Flacco was out for the first 6 games next season?

The Steelers will be right there when the season ends even with Ben's suspension.
:tt04::tt:

I agree with everything that was said here... The AFC North will become the division to beat on the way to the SB in the next few years. Browns aren;t worth a mention? WIth Homgren there, they'red only going to get better.
And as was mentioned in one fo the above posts, this suspension and evaluation can only be a good thing for Ben and when he gets back, he will be more focused especially since he'll be wanting to reprove his worth to the Steelers fans. It's going to be an interesting season this season and the next...

steelerdude15
04-26-2010, 12:19 AM

I say the Steelers are getting stronger, IMO.

Galax Steeler
04-26-2010, 04:29 AM
The Ratbirds always seem to bring the best out of the Steelers and I am sure this year will be no different.

GoSlash27
04-26-2010, 07:37 AM
The Steelers are frankly falling apart

See... this is why I like Ravens fans: We agree on the fundamentals.

Steelers fans: Football is a game of domination. Control the ball, the tempo, the game.
Ravens fans: Football is a game of domination. Control the ball, the tempo, the game.

Steelers fans: A stout defense counts for more than a flashy offense.
Ravens fans: A stout defense counts for more than a flashy offense.

Steelers fans: The Steelers' fortunes are determined by how well the Steelers play as a unit.
Ravens fans: The Ravens' fortunes are determined by how well the Steelers play as a unit.

See what I mean? :chuckle::wave:

Indo
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Steelers fans: Football is a game of domination. Control the ball, the tempo, the game.
Ravens fans: Football is a game of domination. Control the ball, the tempo, the game.

Steelers fans: A stout defense counts for more than a flashy offense.
Ravens fans: A stout defense counts for more than a flashy offense.

Steelers fans: The Steelers' fortunes are determined by how well the Steelers play as a unit.
Ravens fans: The Ravens' fortunes are determined by how well the Steelers play as a unit.

tube517
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
We lost our most valuable player last year and second most valuable defensive player last year, had a 5 game losing streak and still finished with the same record as the Ravens and only 1 game behind the division champs. The suspension will of course hurt but this will be a dogfight. Don't ever ever count the Steelers out because you know and I know and we all know they will impose their will on you and battle you for 60 minutes. Then, the most violent team wins. I hope the Ravens get ****y and love being Paper Champions. :tt04:

Men of Steel
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM

finally! some sense!!! :chuckle:

Edman
04-26-2010, 11:26 AM
The Steelers beat at least one of those teams during the losing streak in 2009, and they make the playoffs, which makes it more frustrating sometimes. The 2009 team was very, VERY talented. Especially on offense. We just couldn't get out of our own way sometimes. Despite our issues in 2009, we still tied the Ravens and came just a game behind the Bengals. Both of whom made the playoffs while we sat out.

The Steelers have quite a bit of question marks, but you Ravens fans should know better to never count them out. How many times over the past years have the demise of the Steelers been predicted and the exact opposite happens? They said the Steelers were done after 2003, they also said they were done after 2006 with the retirement of Coach Cowher. And time and time again they prove you wrong. The Steelers are never dead until proven otherwise.

steelballs
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM

But it fits perfectly. Most of those on this board don't live amongst you cretons 365 days a year....believe me, the moniker fits.

wdsteel
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
lol :toofunny:

Like the new name but that pic dont look like him...but like it anyways :sofunny:

tube517
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, where was all the support for your team in 1997-1999 when I lived there? I never met a diehard fan when I lived there. Most of them liked other teams. And the Steelers bar I went to was full every Sunday.

solardave
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Maybe the favorite in Baltimore. one down season and everyone turns into chicken little. We go 13-3 and win the 7th (count-em) Superbowl. Remember you heard it here.:thumbsup:

fansince'76
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
The Steelers are frankly falling apart....

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself of that more than anyone else.

SteelGhost
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM

A Raven's fan wishful thinking fs :wink: :chuckle:

Falling apart ? :toofunny:

memphissteelergirl
04-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Ding....ding...ding! Winner, winner...chicken dinner! :sofunny:

polamalubeast
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIuU-xGjh2M&feature=related

:tt03::tt03::tt02::hug::helmet:

Crow-Magnon
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
IIRC, last year the Ravens were picked as AFCN champions and a possible SB winner prior to the season opener, with the Steelers coming in second and Cincy/Cleveland once again duking it out for 3rd and 4th place. But, as we all know, Cincinnati took the AFCN crown, the Ravens made it as a WC, the Steelers missed the playoffs and Cleveland (once again) sucked.

In other words, all this pre-season banter is entertaining, but until that pigskin leaves the tee in Week One, it's all speculation.

Personally, for what it's worth, I think the Steelers will play respectable ball their first four games without Big Ben. In fact, it may even spur them to play with even more determination. Going 3-1 or 2-2 without Roethlisberger would be a big help towards a berth in the postseason (I'm banking on only a four-game suspension for Ben, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell drop it to two games prior to the start of the 2010-2011 season). Either way, I'm fully confident that it will be a Ravens or Steelers team that's crowned AFCN Champion this fall. Cincy is normally one and done after a good season, and Cleveland will once again be outside looking in.

My opinion is that Flacco will finally have a group of receivers that can A- catch the ball and B- get open and stretch the field, and coupling that with Rice, McGahee and McClain in the backfield should make for a potent offense. Especially behind that young and strong OL. The big concern is.....who will play CB? Webb may not be ready in August. If it's Walker and Carr, the Ravens will once again have trouble in the secondary. Even more so if Reed possibly hangs up his cleats.

tomko89
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Ravens 11-5
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 8-8
Browns- 3-13

AllD
04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
The AFC East could surprise everybody and be the dominant division this year. The have the most talent on paper.

Ravnet
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Because I can't answer each individual post, I'll post a general response.

By "the Browns aren't worth a mention," I didn't mean to say that Holmgreen isn't leading Cleveland down the right path, if that's even possible, just that they're not going to be doing any damage in 2010 - 2011.

The Bengals, who aren't going to take anyone by surprise this year, may post another respectable season, but that franchise hasn't proven anything in 20+ years. Their 10 - 6 record masks the fact that Cincinnati finished the year on a 1 - 4 run, including a home playoff loss, which proves their ineptitude when games actually matter and opposing teams ramp up the preparation/intensity.

I thought it went without saying that Pittsburgh is always a threat, but any team would suffer greatly with their quarterback sidelined for over a third of the season, especially a team which has increasingly trended toward passing the ball as their running game has deteriorated.

Irrespective of whether the journeyman, the career back-up, or the 5th round pick starts, the Steelers are going to suffer, especially because they traded away their best wide receiver who would have helped whomever the new quarterback is.

I don't disagree with the idea that Ben will come back and play really well, but it will be in vain as Pittsburgh has a good chance of being irreparably crippled after the first six games, and possibly an additional contest or two as Roethlisberger and the rest of the team reacclimate.

The Steelers may make a late run and spoil some teams' hopes, but I think their record will be sufficiently soiled by the time Big Jenn returns, especially if the AFC North is as tough as you all believe it to be.

The far-and-away best team is the Ravens, who are virtually marching out an All-Pro roster with substantial playoff experience.

Yes, it's only April, and yes, this is only speculation on paper, but the Ravens have played in five playoff games over the past two years and appear to be significantly better going into this season, while the Steelers have undoubtedly taken a step back.

Merchant
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM

By "the Browns aren't worth a mention," I didn't mean to say that Holmgreen isn't leading Cleveland down the right path, if that's even possible, just that they're not going to be doing any damage in 2010 - 2011.

The Bengals, who aren't going to take anyone by surprise this year, may post another respectable season, but that franchise hasn't proven anything in 20+ years. Their 10 - 6 record masks the fact that Cincinnati finished the year on a 1 - 4 run, including a home playoff loss, which proves their ineptitude when games actually matter and opposing teams ramp up the preparation/intensity.

I thought it went without saying that Pittsburgh is always a threat, but any team would suffer greatly with their quarterback sidelined for over a third of the season, especially a team which has increasingly trended toward passing the ball as their running game has deteriorated.

Irrespective of whether the journeyman, the career back-up, or the 5th round pick starts, the Steelers are going to suffer, especially because they traded away their best wide receiver who would have helped whomever the new quarterback is.

I don't disagree with the idea that Ben will come back and play really well, but it will be in vain as Pittsburgh has a good chance of being irreparably crippled after the first six games, and possibly an additional contest or two as Roethlisberger and the rest of the team reacclimate.

The Steelers may make a late run and spoil some teams' hopes, but I think their record will be sufficiently soiled by the time Big Jenn returns, especially if the AFC North is as tough as you all believe it to be.

The far-and-away best team is the Ravens, who are virtually marching out an All-Pro roster with substantial playoff experience.

Yes, it's only April, and yes, this is only speculation on paper, but the Ravens have played in five playoff games over the past two years and appear to be significantly better going into this season, while the Steelers have undoubtedly taken a step back.

Keep telling yourself that :coffee:

tube517
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Paper championships can only get you so far. We'll see how it plays out this year. Last year is last year, as we were reminded in 2009.

steelerschik
04-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Paper championships can only get you so far. We'll see how it plays out this year. Last year is last year, as we were reminded in 2009.

As I was just reading, I had no intention on wasting my finger strength to respond to such silliness, I just had to add .... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh those silly Ravens fans, aren't they the CUTEST? And how sweet of them to visit us from La-La Land with the all PRO talent and Steelers taking a step backwards wishes, hopes and dreams. I say good for them! They want to sleep well at night and have those sweet dreams, but at some point they'll wake up and remember Flacco is their QB.

NJarhead
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM

Meh, baseless claim.

:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
so the rats add 1 OFTEN INJURED receiver to the roster, and 1 receiver who had 1 good season 4 or 5 years ago , and thats significant improvement ? granted, they had what APPEARS to be a good draft , but until those guys show something at the NFL level, i wouldn't bank on em....:noidea: