PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson Sylvester

Sharkissle29
04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Am I the only person excited about this guy?

Check out his highlight tape, it is REAL impressive....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3oUIQ09IU

This guy is a NASTY player and i cant wait to see him play. It says he runs a 4.7 but it looks like he plays a lot faster than that. I guess we will use him as a MLB.

Anyways, any thoughts on this guy?

Psyychoward86
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Ferocious. The kid is a finisher, and i like his pursuit and understanding of taking good angles. He's a good tackler!

Merchant
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
The Utah defense completely revolved around this kid the past couple of seasons. He's a beastt, although it probably couldn't hurt to add a couple pounds to his frame. I'm excited about this guy.. To be honest when we drafted I was like "who the ****?" but after watching his tape and reading up a bit on him he looks like he could have a bright future in the Black and Gold :D

NEPAsteeler
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
DAMN :tt02:

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
i dont know...

if theres anything ive always learned, its to never trust a guy with a last name for a first name and a first name for a last name.

well that, or person named after 2 penises such as jimmy johnson, dick wang, and harry cox. :noidea:

he looks to be a baller though. he looks disciplined. maintains position. reads the play and reacts quickly. flows to the ball well and gets skinny in the gaps.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-25-2010, 07:26 PM
i dont know...

if theres anything ive always learned, its to never trust a guy with a last name for a first name and a first name for a last name.

well that, or person named after 2 penises such as jimmy johnson, dick wang, and harry cox. :noidea:

he looks to be a baller though. he looks disciplined. maintains position. reads the play and reacts quickly. flows to the ball well and gets skinny in the gaps.

So I'm guessing LSU's tight end Richard Dickson is out of the question. :chuckle:

pete74
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
im not overly excited about this one. i dont see him ever dressing. i really like the gibson pick though

43Hitman
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Those ST highlight were pretty freaking nice! I am looking forward to seeing what he can do for our ST's.

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
im not overly excited about this one. i dont see him ever dressing. does that mean you expect to see him naked?

he's a rookie. cut him some slack. even if we took sean lee, they would barely play, but if farrior or foote get injured, they might get their chance to carry a helmet.

son-of-troy
04-25-2010, 07:38 PM
ya the fella looks lik a beast, lets hope hes as good as he looks on his highlight vids on youtube
:tt04: :tt02: :tt04: :tt02:

xbroughneck
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm going to be optimistic.

He may not be a starter initially, but if he can shine on special teams he's got a shot at replacing Harrison eventually.

Let's remember that James wasn't drafted and came from Kent State.

Utah is a decent program (except for the defense) so I'll remain optimistic.

Hell...I already love his name. I hope he can make the squad.

pete74
04-25-2010, 07:43 PM
does that mean you expect to see him naked?

he's a rookie. cut him some slack. even if we took sean lee, they would barely play, but if farrior or foote get injured, they might get their chance to carry a helmet.

so i assume you have naked men on your mind for some reason.

i just dont think he runs good enough routes and he will get jammed at the line. hopefully im wrong because we sure could use another good WR

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM

i just dont think he runs good enough routes and he will get jammed at the line. hopefully im wrong because we sure could use another good WR

He probably doesn't run good routes because he's a linebacker and not a wide reciever. :doh:

tony hipchest
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
hopefully im wrong

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"naked men" :toofunny:

Psyychoward86
04-25-2010, 08:24 PM
i dont know...

QUOTE=tony hipchest;813380]BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"naked men" :toofunny:[/QUOTE]

:toofunny:

Psyychoward86
04-25-2010, 08:24 PM
i dont know...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"naked men" :toofunny:

:toofunny:

tube517
04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i dont know...

Merchant
04-25-2010, 08:37 PM

I thought he had a good route on that A-Gap Blitz :rofl:

SH-Rock
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
You can tell he loves the game, and as a Steeler, that the key to everything, all he needs to do now is to put on a good 10 pounds and I'll expect him to start in 2-3 years if he keeps this ferocity

Sharkissle29
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM

might want to check out the link before you start making comments, maybe then you'll know what position he plays :drink:

BehindSteelCurtain
04-25-2010, 09:26 PM
He has a cool name :noidea:

Sharkissle29
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM
little quote from tomlin:

“We believe that’s a good building block for a football team,” said Tomlin about his newest run-and-hit linebackers. “Some of those guys were presented to us, such as Jason Worilds, who we believe has a nice pedigree as an outside rusher; Thaddeus Gibson as well; and my man Sylvester Stevenson, No. 10 from Utah as a run-and-hit linebacker. We believe that’s a building block of football. They will add quality depth to that position, competition to that position, plus quality depth and competition to our special teams game, so we’re excited about the addition of those three young men.”

maybe tomlins digging him as much as me? just somethin interesting

just noticed he got his name wrong lol, maybe it was a mis-type?

Merchant
04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
little quote from tomlin:

“We believe that’s a good building block for a football team,” said Tomlin about his newest run-and-hit linebackers. “Some of those guys were presented to us, such as Jason Worilds, who we believe has a nice pedigree as an outside rusher; Thaddeus Gibson as well; and my man Sylvester Stevenson, No. 10 from Utah as a run-and-hit linebacker. We believe that’s a building block of football. They will add quality depth to that position, competition to that position, plus quality depth and competition to our special teams game, so we’re excited about the addition of those three young men.”

maybe tomlins digging him as much as me? just somethin interesting

just noticed he got his name wrong lol, maybe it was a mis-type?

lol people with first names as last names, and last names as first names, can be tricky :chuckle:

wootawnee
04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
i dont know...

I trust Andy Russell

pete74
04-26-2010, 05:23 AM
might want to check out the link before you start making comments, maybe then you'll know what position he plays :drink:

i posted on 2 threads and made a simple error. no biggie.

Men of Steel
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
wow.....

only thing that kept running through my mind while i watched his highlight reel, was his instinctiveness...

the kids exrtremely instinctive, reminds me allot of Troy P.
hes a finisher and never stops pursuing the ball.
seems to be unstoppable...

welcome to the Steelers!!!!!

:tt03:

SteelGhost
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I like what he showed in the highlights, I hope he can translate that to the NFL and he´ll be an outstanding ST player. Time will tell.

Indo
04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Didn't know this guy before the draft
Here's what I take from that video:

Versatile----plays strong side and weak side equally well
Can play standing or starting in a stance
Good on Special Teams

Very quick closing-speed-----on the ball and on a runner

ALWAYS in the right place----reads his keys well, and stays at home in the gap

Excellent open field tackling skills

Excellent coverage skills

I'm starting to love this guy :tt03:

JPbucco
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
That kid is 100% a 3-4 INSIDE backer ...and he looks like he could be a good one.

solardave
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I say he gets some playing time this year. On STs first but also inside.

Indo
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I say he gets some playing time this year. On STs first but also inside.

I'm gonna go all-crazy and say he STARTS on STs, beginning with the opener.

And I agree he gets some time inside, maybe outside, too

SteelGhost
04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
He will have some good mentors if the CS decides to play him inside, a year learning from Potsie, Foote and Fox can be really good for his development.

Steeldude
04-26-2010, 03:33 PM
he seems to make sure he wraps up on his tackles. i hate it when i see players constantly thinking a shoulder will be good enough to tackle an opponent

Indo
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
he seems to make sure he wraps up on his tackles. i hate it when i see players constantly thinking a shoulder will be good enough to tackle an opponent

Do you mean "He needs to..."

I thought he was wrapping up pretty well in the video---but maybe I missed some
I'm gonna watch it again

Kingmagyar
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
WOW! Looks like a natural Inside Linebacker to me. Blitzing up the middle in the gaps, covers the flats, breaks to the sidelines to make tackles, and hunts down the quarterback. Nice real nice.

Sharkissle29
04-26-2010, 08:50 PM
One thing i see happen throughout his entire reel, is when he hits you you either arnt advancing any farther or you're getting pushed backwards.

Kaeg
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Steeldude
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Do you mean "He needs to..."

I thought he was wrapping up pretty well in the video---but maybe I missed some
I'm gonna watch it again

i agree. that's why i pointed how it looks like he makes it a point to wrap up the opponent being tackled. it looks to be a consistent thing with him.