PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The Talk About Jared Allen Bar Fight In The Media

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 10:51 PM
He gets into a bar fight and calls the guy "homeboy" and says "i'll rip your "bad word" head off and write you a check"....Now where is the talk about that.It happen over a week ago and no word about it at all.Even the minnesota media joked about it.Saying, well the guy called allens girlfriend a bad name so it's alright to do that.Really,it's alright to make a fool out of yourself picking on a guy who i am sure is alot smaller than him and calling him that.That's a good image to have for the league.But being in a college bar like big ben thats not.Seems to be a double standard going on here.I like if jarad "i want to be a cowboy" is going to act like a bully even if its for a good reason the league should suspend him.Or at least the idiots mike and mike should talk about it as much as they talked about the ben thing.

Preacher
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you REALLY comparing a bar fight over protection your girlfriend to rape allegations and an investigation by the state police?

How much did Gildon's case (http://kdka.com/steelers/Jason.Gildon.linebacker.2.383114.html) make national news? Not at all.

Shea
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Actually, there has been word about it.

Someone called his girlfriend the C word and he had an issue with it, as he should.

It was a verbal confrontation and nothing else.

To compare this to Ben's situation, is ridiculous.

Preacher
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Actually, there has been word about it.

Someone called his girlfriend the C word and he had an issue with it, as he should.

Yeah, I always get mad when someone says my wife is cute. Its not nice to call women shrewd. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cute

:noidea:

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I do not see a difference.Accordding to the guidelines of the nfl conduct rules.Its actions that brings a negative image of the player.And to me allen's actions were just as bad as big bens were.I mean if you are going to do a blanket policy as theres is than you have to include allen.And i don't care what the guy said to his girlfriend.You are suppose to handle yourself at a differant level than normal people.Did you see the video he looked like a idiot.I mean they suspend ben for hanging out in a college bar and for putting himself in that situation.As big ben was not charged with anything.There is a differance of being accused of something and being chared with something.So he was suspended for putting a bad image on himself and the league by being there.But i guess cause allen is on the vikings and they are one of the leagues posters team nothing gets said about it.

Shea
04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I always get mad when someone says my wife is cute. Its not nice to call women shrewd. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cute

:nono: Preach and also one of these: :buttkick:

Wrong word! :chuckle:

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Really did you see the video.Because i did.It was more than a verbal altercation.The tough guy allen got held back by a girl.Yeah to me allen came off as a bully and nothing more.Seriously,you want to defend the honor of your girlfriend by acting like a thug.Thats great for the image of the leagues and its players.I could care less what the guy called his girlfriend.Don't hang out in a bar then.Actually, there has been word about it.

Shea
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I do not see a difference.Accordding to the guidelines of the nfl conduct rules.Its actions that brings a negative image of the player.And to me allen's actions were just as bad as big bens were.I mean if you are going to do a blanket policy as theres is than you have to include allen.And i don't care what the guy said to his girlfriend.You are suppose to handle yourself at a differant level than normal people.Did you see the video he looked like a idiot.I mean they suspend ben for hanging out in a college bar and for putting himself in that situation.As big ben was not charged with anything.There is a differance of being accused of something and being chared with something.So he was suspended for putting a bad image on himself and the league by being there.But i guess cause allen is on the vikings and they are one of the leagues posters team nothing gets said about it.

Wow .......

Ok, I'm done with this thread.

You are obviously trying a play on sarcasm that I don't get or are completely out of your mind.

:smoker: ??

It's ok dude, I've been there myself ......

Shea
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
And here is the "horrific" video of the incident if anyone is interested:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/19/jared-allen-video-bar-fight-nfl-minnesota-vikings-scottsdale-arizona/

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I am above the age of 12 so please don't call me dude.And there is no sarcasm to what i am saying.I seriously don't understand how they talk and talk about ben but not one word about allen.A bar fight is a bar fight no matter the reason behind it.Like i said they suspended ben for being in the bar and being put in that situation so why not alllen.And there is no need to get personal on this.I am just trying to figure out why the media cared so much about ben and not allen.And i don't smoke either.Wow .......

Ok, I'm done with this thread.

You are obviously trying a play on sarcasm that I don't get or are completely out of your mind.

:smoker: ??

It's ok dude, I've been there myself ......

theplatypus
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
OP, thanks for giving us all a chuckle at your expense.

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I thought you were done with this thread?And here is the "horrific" video of the incident if anyone is interested:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/19/jared-allen-video-bar-fight-nfl-minnesota-vikings-scottsdale-arizona/

Shea
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
I am above the age of 12

Just out of curiosity can ask how old you are then?

lambertlunaticfan
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Why so you can make some comment about it.Like then you should be old enough not to ask such a stubid question.I am sorry about asking this.I was serious and am seriously wondering.As to me it deserves attention in the media if they felt the ben story did.I am not saying they are the same level of offense.But there is not a degree in the rule of conduct for the nfl.It's just a blanket policy.And i feel that the allen thing falls under it.I am glad my asking made people laugh at my expense.Sorry for asking everyone.I will keep my thoughts and questions to myself.And to ansewer your question i am old enough to where the word "dude" or "sweet" are not words i use.As i am just a old man.Just out of curiosity can ask how old you are then?

steelerdude15
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
This is the first that I've heard about this incident. I can understand if your standing up for a loved one, but doing it in a violent way is wrong...

msafford
04-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Here's my question. Didn't Jared have some issues with drinking and a suspension in the past? I wonder if he was drinking while he was out when this video was shot.

Preacher
04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
This is the first that I've heard about this incident. I can understand if your standing up for a loved one, but doing it in a violent way is wrong...

though I am one to find ways around violence as much as possible, sometimes there is no way to stand up for a loved one without violence.

9Qi2m6NyUP0

stlrtruck
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I can understand his position. The commissioner has established a certain criteria for off the field incidents and if he's going to pick and choose which ones he addresses then he's not totting his own line which was for the 'integrity' of the league.

So basically what the commish is saying is that if you aren't the face of a franchise or NFL it's ok?

fansince'76
04-26-2010, 10:18 AM
I can understand his position. The commissioner has established a certain criteria for off the field incidents and if he's going to pick and choose which ones he addresses then he's not totting his own line which was for the 'integrity' of the league.

So basically what the commish is saying is that if you aren't the face of a franchise or NFL it's ok?

Gotta agree. According to the recent precedent Der Kommissar has set, I think this incident should garner Allen mandatory enrollment in anger management classes at least.

Stu Pidasso
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM

We need to see pics! LOL

devilsdancefloor
04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Here's my question. Didn't Jared have some issues with drinking and a suspension in the past? I wonder if he was drinking while he was out when this video was shot.

Allen has been arrested/charged for DUI a total of three times. Sounds like he needs more time in the substance abuse classes along with anger management. He tarnished the "shield". I understand where the OP is coming from God-all has set the precedence. he needs to have a meeting with him at least:noidea:

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
i am old enough to where the word "dude" or "sweet" are not words i use.As i am just a old man.

Does this mean you aren't going to call me "sweet" anymore? :crying01: :wink:

I don't see where age has anything to do with the content of this thread. :noidea:

Goodell is going to do what he wants when he wants and pay no mind to the precedent he himself set in the Ben saga. He's the biggest joke of a Commish the NFL has had in my lifetime.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2010, 01:33 PM
I totally see and understand where the OP is coming from.

According to Roger Goodell, to be in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy (PDC from here on out), you don't have to be arrested and/or charged with a crime. You simply have to put yourself in a situation that shines a bad light upon the NFL.

Threatening to rip someone's head off and then write him a check because he called Allen's girlfriend the C-word, IMHO, shines a bad light upon the league.

Allen has been arrested three times for DUI. So it's not like he's some angel who hasn't had problems before. I am sure he was drinking at the bar. Drinking at bars is bad according to Goodell, look at Ben's situation.

For this, maybe Goodell should have a meeting with Allen and force him to partake in anger management before he can take part in team activities for the rest of the offseason.

I mean, isn't Allen held to a higher standard as a player in the NFL?

OneForTheToe
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
And I believe to be fair Dan Pastorini should be retroactively suspended for two games from the Oilers in the 70's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5136322

lambertlunaticfan
04-26-2010, 08:25 PM
No i will always call you sweet.I was saying as people say like a car is sweet.And i was called dude so thats why i said it as i guess i just hate being called that.Age has nothing to do with this thread.Just got sidetracked when i got called that.Its nice to read this now and see people feel the same way i do.And i totally agree with you about the comish the guy is wrecking the league.You will always be my sweet girl.:wave:Does this mean you aren't going to call me "sweet" anymore? :crying01: :wink:

I don't see where age has anything to do with the content of this thread. :noidea:

Goodell is going to do what he wants when he wants and pay no mind to the precedent he himself set in the Ben saga. He's the biggest joke of a Commish the NFL has had in my lifetime.

lambertlunaticfan
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I am sorry but i am old and do not speak text.What does "op" stand for?:noidea:I totally see and understand where the OP is coming from.

According to Roger Goodell, to be in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy (PDC from here on out), you don't have to be arrested and/or charged with a crime. You simply have to put yourself in a situation that shines a bad light upon the NFL.

Threatening to rip someone's head off and then write him a check because he called Allen's girlfriend the C-word, IMHO, shines a bad light upon the league.

Allen has been arrested three times for DUI. So it's not like he's some angel who hasn't had problems before. I am sure he was drinking at the bar. Drinking at bars is bad according to Goodell, look at Ben's situation.

For this, maybe Goodell should have a meeting with Allen and force him to partake in anger management before he can take part in team activities for the rest of the offseason.

I mean, isn't Allen held to a higher standard as a player in the NFL?

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I am sorry but i am old and do not speak text.What does "op" stand for?:noidea:
operation duuuude....:popcorn:

tony hipchest
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
.I was saying as people say like a car is sweet.And i was called dude so thats why i said it as i guess i just hate being called that.:youre not turkish are you?

operation duuuude....:popcorn:

:chuckle:

im not sure how factual this is but back in high school we had a foreign exchange 'student" from turkey. i think he was really in the witness protection program or something as he looked like he was about 26 years old, skittish, and seemed uber paraniod. he liked the ganja though.

anyways he would get really pissed at anyone who called him "dude' and would go off on them, so finally i asked him what was up with that.

he said where he is from, "dude" is the word for a butt hair on an elephant. :hunch:

oh... and OP = original post. :tt02:

stlrtruck
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I am sorry but i am old and do not speak text.What does "op" stand for?:noidea:

Original Post

It's been a few days and still nothing from the commish's office on this one? :noidea:

Nice standard, nice code of conduct policy, nice way to pick and choose your battles commish!

steelerdude15
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I absolutely agree with you HTG! :thumbsup: