PDA

View Full Version : matt birk

pete74
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Steelers Depot has picked up on a very odd rumor that former long-time Minnesota Viking, and current Baltimore Raven center, Matt Birk, could be traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The rumor is definitely unconfirmed and I just don't see at all how Birk fits into the short term or even long-term plans for the Steelers unless they are planning to dump Justin Hartwig. Birk got a three year 12 million dollar deal from the Ravens last season and while his contract is reasonable for 2011, it is still a hefty price to pay in 2010.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Matt Birk headed to the Steelers?
Posted by Matt Loede on April 26th, 2010 in Rumors

Today there’s been a lot of player movement with vets getting released (Chris Hovan, Adaluis Thomas, and John Hednerson are three already gone), and now there’s a rumor floating around concerning the Steelers and a trade. Steelers Depot is reporting via Twitter that the Steelers have acquired center Matt Birk.

Birk, who is currently with the Ravens, was the Vikings 6th round pick back in 1998, and has quietly had a very nice career with the two teams he’s been with. Now as far as this ‘deal’ goes, it makes no sense for the Ravens to make this deal, which is why at this point it is VERY unconfirmed.

He started all 16 games last season, and why the Ravens would do this would not really make much sense, so until we hear further, don’t get too excited.

pete74
04-26-2010, 04:09 PM
i dont see it ever happening but read it and decided to post it anyway. i cant see them letting a division team have a good center especially when the ravens are thin at that position anyway

SteelGhost
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't see it happening, we have our next center in Pouncey. I prefer young players now.

KeiselPower99
04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Birks agent has confirmed that this ISNT happening.

MattsMe
04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
My neighbor's brother in law's mailman's sister's accountant's friend's second cousin overheard at the barbershop that there was a guy at the airport whose ex-girlfriend is dating a guy that blogged that the Steelers are signing Mike Vick.

Again, it's not TOTALLY confirmed yet, but I thought I'd post it.

tube517
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
My neighbor's brother in law's mailman's sister's accountant's friend's second cousin overheard at the barbershop that there was a guy at the airport whose ex-girlfriend is dating a guy that blogged that the Steelers are signing Mike Vick.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tube517
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I just tweeted this to myself so it's true.

XxKnightxX
04-27-2010, 12:27 AM

How can you forget the used car salesman source :chuckle: