PDA

View Full Version : Source: Steelers extend McFadden's contract through 2012

polamalubeast
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Source: Steelers extend McFadden's contract through 2012
By Jason La Canfora | NFL Network

The Pittsburgh Steelers have extended Bryant McFadden's contract, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The Steelers traded for the cornerback from Arizona during the draft and have extended him through 2012. He will earn $7.5 million over the three years, according to the source.

The club was in need of a cornerback and it brought back a player it knows very well.

McFadden spent the first four years of his career in Pittsburgh and was the starting cornerback on the Steelers' 2008 Super Bowl-winning team. He didn't fare so well in his lone season in the desert, finishing with 69 tackles and no interceptions.

Psyychoward86
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
He will earn $7.5 million over the three years, according to the source.

Nice, that's a bargain

fansince'76
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice, that's a bargain

Yep, especially considering that he went to AZ for $5 million per.

SteelKnight
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep, especially considering that he went to AZ for $5 million per.

Wow...I'm surprised. I wonder how much they will be willing to pay Taylor. I think Taylor is worth a 4 year 18 million dolar contract. That would pay him the same amount as he makes now...4.5 mil/year.

steelreserve
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
See? Who said we couldn't afford him.

I guess that's what a good dose of sucking for a year while you play on a mediocre defense that didn't win a Super Bowl will do to your earning potential.

SMR
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
See? Who said we couldn't afford him.

I guess that's what a good dose of sucking for a year while you play on a mediocre defense that didn't win a Super Bowl will do to your earning potential.

:applaudit:

mesaSteeler
04-26-2010, 07:03 PM
All ready posted.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=51738

BlastFurnace
04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I wonder what he turned down from the Steelers before he left.

From what I have read, the Steelers would have matched the $$$ per year from Arizona, but the Steelers wanted to sign him for 4 years.

If he turned down $20 Million over 4 years from the Steelers...talk about wanting a mulligan.

GoSlash27
04-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm just glad to have him back. Willie Gay was makin' me itch...

polamalubeast
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm just glad to have him back. Willie Gay was makin' me itch...

William Gay=Worst starter corner ever:banging::banging:

steelreserve
04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
I wonder what he turned down from the Steelers before he left.

From what I have read, the Steelers would have matched the $$$ per year from Arizona, but the Steelers wanted to sign him for 4 years.

If he turned down $20 Million over 4 years from the Steelers...talk about wanting a mulligan.

I actually thought we offered him a 1-year deal for close to $5 million, but he turned it down for a two-year deal at roughly the same rate. Guess that extra year didn't make a difference after all, eh?

If we'd made him a $20 million offer, they would've stuck out in my (and a lot of other people's) mind, especially if he turned it down. In fact, if he turned down that kind of contract, something tells me he wouldn't exactly be welcome here.

rick723
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM

Gay is not a bad backup though. I like him there.

OX1947
04-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Gay is not a bad backup though. I like him there.

Close, but I have to go with Alvoid Mays. Kinda of an ironic name to the situation too...

Vincent
04-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Close, but I have to go with Alvoid Mays. Kinda of an ironic name to the situation too...

Why would one name their baby boy "Alvoid"?

tony hipchest
04-27-2010, 12:32 AM

:laughing: whoa... now there is a name i had completely erased from my memory banks.

he makes hank poteat seem like a HOF'er.

OneForTheToe
04-27-2010, 12:55 AM

You obviously are too young, or just don't remember Harvey Clayton.

steelreserve
04-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Why would one name their baby boy "Alvoid"?

Because they were high and they were keeping their weed in an empty tin of Altoids, and you know ... Altoids ... Alvoids ... get it? Hehehehe. I'm gonna go smoke some Kools now.

Steelers>NFL
04-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Or Dwayne Washington...

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 09:31 AM

...or Alvoid Mays, Sam Washington, Hank Poteat, Sammy Walker, Richard Shelton...

Point is...there have been much worse than Gay.

Steeldude
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
way too much money for a below average CB.

it's funny how people bash gay, but fail to realize mcfadden played worse.

now the steelers have the #1 and #2 most burned(statistically) CBs of the 2009/10 season. also, they have the most burned LB from the 2009/10 season too with foote on board.

well here is hoping they all play a thousand times better.

SteelKid212
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM

now the steelers have the #1 and #2 most burned(statistically) CBs of the 2009/10 season. also, they have the most burned LB from the 2009/10 season too with foote on board.

dam dude... dont be such a hater.

be a LIL positive will ya???
::noidea:

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM

McFadden is a good CB and was very good in our system.

The entire Arizona secondary stunk last year....and one of them...Rolle...got a huge contract from another team. They were even all healthy.

I'm thrilled to have BMAC back.

I also don't agree with you at all on Foote. Foote was very good in our system. He's a better tackler and a better run stuffer in the middle than Timmons has shown to be.

Our defense will benefit from having both of them back.

SteelKid212
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM

The entire Arizona secondary stunk last year....and one of them...Rolle...got a huge contract from another team. They were even all healthy.

I also don't agree with you at all on Foote. Foote was very good in our system. He's a better tackler and a better run stuffer in the middle than Timmons has shown to be.

^^thanku :tt03:

Steeldude
04-27-2010, 09:32 PM
dam dude... dont be such a hater.

be a LIL positive will ya???
::noidea:

where did you see any hate?

let me change it for you.

mcfadden is the greatest CB of all-time. it's just absolutely amazing they got him back for so cheap. he would easily command a 100 million contract. finally the steelers have a shutdown CB.

is that better? :wave:

Steeldude
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM

i never saw him playing well enough to command that kind of money. i do remember PI penalties, missed tackles, poor coverage and a me-me attitude ala anthony smith.

foote was statistically the most burned LB in the NFL in 2009/10. i remember foote as a LB who let the carrier come to him more than meeting him. i also remember him to be pushed back and mowed down more than he should be. but it's good to have a veteran LB

i think timmons will move to farrior's spot in 2011. then they will move foote back in the hopes of sylvester taking over there.

i hope they all do well. :smile: