PDA

View Full Version : When do the Steelers get back to work?

SalukiSteelers
02-07-2006, 01:14 PM
All this celebrating is awesome but I'm wondering: When do you guys think that Cowher and the crew stop the celebrating and get back to work on winning another SB?

I'm most definitely not saying anything negative about how much our guys are enjoying their time at the peak of the league and they deserve the opportunity to take a few days to enjoy the fruits of all the hard work this season.

Knowing what I know about Cowher, I can't imagine him resting on these laurels for too long. I'm thinking that he'll be getting back to work sometime about the middle of next week, if not Monday.

Hopefully the Whiz is going to be right there with him instead of out in Oak-town.

70c10
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
ummm, it's only been less than 48 hours:dang:

SteelerFanInCA
02-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Next years Super Bowl odds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2322062&POLL235=200000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh....I have no doubt that the steelers will not gain any respect out of this superbowl win.
Im sure in the power rankings they will be in the top 5..But i wouldnt be suprised in Colts, Seahawks, Denver, and Jacksonville are above them.......They might even rank the chiefs higher.......Steelers accomplished something no other team in the NFL has ever done...Yet they will recieve no respect.......And thats great because we dont want our heads getting big.......We play great as underdogs.........

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Cowher is going to take some time to be with his family now and reflect and spend alot of time at his daughters basketball games.. some players are going to the Pro Bowl this coming weekend...

Last year as I remember it, the coaching staff took a good 3 weeks off or so from the season and then started preparing for the combine and the draft.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
It seems to be impossible to shake the preseason 'favorites' tag from the Colts.

Year after year of not producing doesn't seem to put the odds-makers off.

I'd like to see how they cope with a few injuries next year, and a potentially much tougher schedule.

NM

SlinginSammy
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
All this celebrating is awesome but I'm wondering: When do you guys think that Cowher and the crew stop the celebrating and get back to work on winning another SB?

I'm most definitely not saying anything negative about how much our guys are enjoying their time at the peak of the league and they deserve the opportunity to take a few days to enjoy the fruits of all the hard work this season.

Knowing what I know about Cowher, I can't imagine him resting on these laurels for too long. I'm thinking that he'll be getting back to work sometime about the middle of next week, if not Monday.

Hopefully the Whiz is going to be right there with him instead of out in Oak-town.
Dude, I live about 10 miles down the road from you in Marion. You going to school at Southern or just live in Cdale?

SalukiSteelers
02-07-2006, 06:24 PM
ummm, it's only been less than 48 hours:dang:

Yeah, I know it's only been 48 hours but that doesn't mean it's too early to start thinking about next season. Vegas already has.

SalukiSteelers
02-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Dude, I live about 10 miles down the road from you in Marion. You going to school at Southern or just live in Cdale?

I'm going to school at SIU. I'm a junior in the COLA English department. Big game tonight. Hopefully the Dawgs start this game better than they did against the Sycamores. I'd love to go, especially since the tix are free, but this semester's kicking my tail.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Cowher and Co. will probally take 2-3 weeks to spend with family and let what just happened sink in,and then prepare for the combine and draft.And don't be surprised if Cowher makes a list of guys he's looking at during the combine during these weeks.

Also,if Whiz leaves for Oakland (I hope he doesn't) then Cowher has to decide if he's gonna get a new OC from within the orginization (Whipple comes to mind) or hire someone from another team.So it may shorted his time to relax along with our GM's.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Also,if Whiz leaves for Oakland (I hope he doesn't) then Cowher has to decide if he's gonna get a new OC from within the orginization (Whipple comes to mind) or hire someone from another team.So it may shorted his time to relax along with our GM's.

if wiz leaves he's gonna do what they said on around the horn commit career suicide. be patient wiz you'll get a better job waiting one more year espically since you'll have two rings

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 10:06 PM
in terms of Indy being favored over us for next season...who would've guessed? lol it's not enough that we beat them AND the horrible calls by the refs this year. I guess that game's already been erased from everyone's mind (except ours, of course)

klick81
02-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't want the Steelers to be anyone's favorites (with the exception of us, their fans of course). I always love the satisfaction of putting the favorites on their asses, much like we did to the Colts.

Livinginthe past
02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
if wiz leaves he's gonna do what they said on around the horn commit career suicide. be patient wiz you'll get a better job waiting one more year espically since you'll have two rings

Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Im not saying its even likely, but if the Steelers had a poor season next year and lost alot of offensive output he might find himself being passed over for the big jobs.

Its the only reason I can think of why we lost our 1st year D-Co-ord to the Jets who suck even more than Oakland.

NM

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Unfortunatley he might be interviewing O coord. a.s.ap. And I`m sure him and Mr.Rooney will be in the ofice next week discussing free agency