PDA

View Full Version : McFaddens New Number

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 02:28 PM
The new numbers are out including Sweed moving to 80 and Brown taking 14 but still no McFadden. That's because Kenan Lewis has his old number 20.

Just for fun, what do you think will happen? What will McFaddens new number be? There are only 3 numbers available.

Vincent
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I think we can rule out 32 or 36.

Since we haven't seen 00 since Clement, I'll go with that.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 02:35 PM
This was a tough one. I was torn between 23 and him convincing Lewis to give his number back.

I know for sure he will not pick either 32 or 36, both potentially Hall of Fame runners for the Steelers.

If he is the superstitious type who want to make sure everything is the same, he'll try to get 20. Maybe he'll feel if he takes 23 he will start playing like Tyrone Carter. I'm not sure Lewis will give it to him but I think he will at least try. Lewis is not established so it would be easy for Lewis to switch to 23...the famous number of Michael Jordan.

So that's my guess. McFadden 20, Lewis 23.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I think we can rule out 32 or 36.

Since we haven't seen 00 since Clement, I'll go with that.

Zero is an interesting number but it would look cooler with one zero. What position (if any) may wear that?

DBs must wear a number from 20-49.

Vincent
04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Zero is an interesting number but it would look cooler with one zero. What position (if any) may wear that?

DBs must wear a number from 20-49.

Actually Johnny Clement was "0". My mistake...

http://www.baseball-cards.com/jpgs/f/f1948b-86.jpg

He was a QB. Jim Otto wore 00 as a center... back when the raiders didn't suck.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19davis02.jpg

Sharkissle29
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
i know numbers are just number, but it sucks to see dwyer got 41, and stevenson sylvester got 47....weak numbers

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I bet Lewis gives him his # back.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
i know numbers are just number, but it sucks to see dwyer got 41, and stevenson sylvester got 47....weak numbers

Once guys start getting cut, some better numbers should open up for them. I'm guessing 30 (David Pittman) 33 (Redman) and 28 (Justin Vincent) will probably be available come final cuts for Dwyer and 53 (Jonny Williams :noidea:), 54 (Frazier and maybe 55 (Bailey) for Sylvester.

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
We'll never see another 32 again. Probably the same for 36.

PhantomJB93
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Ya I think he'll end up getting 20 back. Anyone know why Sweed moved to 80? I thought he chose 14 himself cause he was 4 in college or something.

And to the guy who was sad Dwyer got 41 I am too lol, IDK why but I was really hoping he got like 35. 41 looks weird for some reason to me on a jersey haha

steelreserve
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, they banned 0 and 00 in the 1970s ... and if all the numbers at a certain position are taken, they usually try and shuffle you off into the 40s. Sucks, because if I was a player, I'd want number 0 for sure.

Regardless, I think we should make McFadden, Foote and Randle El all wear a red "A" for cheating on us.

solardave
04-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I kinda like 28 better than 20 for him. New start, new numba.

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Ya I think he'll end up getting 20 back. Anyone know why Sweed moved to 80? I thought he chose 14 himself cause he was 4 in college or something.

And to the guy who was sad Dwyer got 41 I am too lol, IDK why but I was really hoping he got like 35. 41 looks weird for some reason to me on a jersey haha

35 brings back bad memories of Delton Hall.

AllD
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=SteelKnight;814555]This was a tough one. I was torn between 23 and him convincing Lewis to give his number back.

I know for sure he will not pick either 32 or 36, both potentially Hall of Fame runners for the Steelers.

Last time I checked Franco was still in the Hall of Fame.

The only convincing B-MAC will have to do is pay Lewis a $tribute$ for taking care of his number while he was away. That is how it is done in the NFL.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM

Funny...I was surprised because numbers in the 40s seem slower. The only good 40s runner was John Riggins (44). We'll see. 21 was taken (Moore). He may wait for some of these people to be cut and change it.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
We'll never see another 32 again. Probably the same for 36.

I wouldn't be so sure. They let them use Swann and Stallworth's numbers so what's the difference? The only number that may be truly locked may be 12.

The Cowboys are even letting Bryant have Irvins old number 88.

I don't see anything wrong with having more than one good player in the history of the franchise with the same number. My feeling is as long as they wait 5 years after retirement, it should be cool. The only number I would like to see preserved is 12. The Steelers had too many great players like an All Star team so if you start doing that, there would be no numbers left. How about that Steel Curtain Defense? Just too many good players.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:29 PM

I think Sweed is looking to chage his luck. Another Big receiver who had success here wore #80 but I forget is name...lol.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, they banned 0 and 00 in the 1970s ... and if all the numbers at a certain position are taken, they usually try and shuffle you off into the 40s. Sucks, because if I was a player, I'd want number 0 for sure.

Regardless, I think we should make McFadden, Foote and Randle El all wear a red "A" for cheating on us.

The rules also allow you to have 2 playes with the same number until the final 53. That would suck predicting who would get cut. lol We ave 2 #37s. I don't think either will make the team.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I kinda like 28 better than 20 for him. New start, new numba.

Justin Vincent currently has 28. It's true he will probably be cut but it would be rude and arrogant of McFadden to take the number and give that explaination.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=SteelKnight;814555]This was a tough one. I was torn between 23 and him convincing Lewis to give his number back.

Last time I checked Franco was still in the Hall of Fame.

The only convincing B-MAC will have to do is pay Lewis a $tribute$ for taking care of his number while he was away. That is how it is done in the NFL.

I know Franco is in. The "potential" was for the "both".

PhantomJB93
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
They'll never give anybody 32 or 12; IDK about 36 but I don't think they'd give it to anybody unless literally every other possible number was used up.

vasteeler
04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
35 brings back bad memories of Delton Hall.

wasnt 35 was also dan krieders number? that should provide better memories

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
They'll never give anybody 32 or 12; IDK about 36 but I don't think they'd give it to anybody unless literally every other possible number was used up.

Why should Franco be more valuable than Stallwaorth or Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert? I think it is OK for a different era player to wear an old great number. I'm cool with anything except 12.

BlastFurnace
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. They let them use Swann and Stallworth's numbers so what's the difference? The only number that may be truly locked may be 12.

The Cowboys are even letting Bryant have Irvins old number 88.

I don't see anything wrong with having more than one good player in the history of the franchise with the same number. My feeling is as long as they wait 5 years after retirement, it should be cool. The only number I would like to see preserved is 12. The Steelers had too many great players like an All Star team so if you start doing that, there would be no numbers left. How about that Steel Curtain Defense? Just too many good players.

After looking this up, these are the only HOF #'s we have used:

82 - Randel El, Yancey Thigpen
88 - Andre Hastings, John Rodgers, Jessie Britt, Mark Didio
59 - Todd Seabaugh
47 - Steve Morse
26 - Deshea Townsend, Will Allen (This year)

Most of these, other than Thigpen, Hastings and ARE were used in the 80's before they became HOF'rs. 82 may be the only one currently used now that was formerly worn by a HOF'r. Interestingly, ARE got that number in 2002...the same year that Stallworth was elected in the HOF

I don't remember any of the following ever being re-used:

75 (IMO the most sacred of them all)

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
63 is another one that probably won't be used again.

tube517
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM
WHO ??????

59 - Todd Seabaugh
47 - Steve Morse

Most of these, other than Thigpen, Hastings and ARE were used in the 80's before they became HOF'rs. 82 may be the only one currently used now that was formerly worn by a HOF'r. Interestingly, ARE got that number in 2002...the same year that Stallworth was elected in the HOF

Hotrodder07
04-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Someone should tell Brown that the number 14 doesn't have too much good luck in this city.

I like Sweed making a number change. Maybe he'll have better luck with #80. A fresh start, eh?

And as for McFadden, I think he just takes #23. I don't see him even wanting #32 or #36, even if they were available to him. And I also don't see him convincing Lewis to give him #20 back.

EDIT: Oh I also see that Dixon made the switch to #10.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

59 - Todd Seabaugh
47 - Steve Morse

Good post. I'm just of the opinion that we have had too many good players to be hanging up numbers. In my opinion, they should all be in the HOF. That 70s team was an all star team. We have some special players now 7, 86, 43. I'm cool with them using any number other than 12. I do like your HOF idea of that being the standard though because without that, how can you protect one players number and not anothers. They knew Stallworth was going to the HOF that year (It is decided early in the year before the draft) so when Randel El asked for it, they could have said no if that was their standard. I found the article from Feb 3, 2002 when Stallworths selection for induction was announced.

devilsdancefloor
04-27-2010, 05:27 PM

59 - Todd Seabaugh
47 - Steve Morse

i have a hard time watching someone in 47 and i am a bit shocked 26 is still in use.

Nadroj 20
04-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I think he should go with 23......ive heard that Dennis Dixon changed his number to 10 since holmes left and DD was 10 in college....any truth to that?

EDIT: must be true that is what hes listed as now........http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

AllD
04-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Sweed is looking to chage his luck. Another Big receiver who had success here wore #80 but I forget is name...lol.

Cedric Wilson. He also has a good right hook.

steelerdude15
04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
32 is no longer given out...

7willBheaven
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Lewis gave him #20 back...i'm sure the people who have BMac merchandise with #20 would like that too haha. I would say then Lewis could take #26...since he was #6 in college i think, but Allen is 26. And I also think Sweed is going for a new beginning with #80...and I remember Holmes mentioning something I think on Twitter about his buddy Dixon and him now being able to take #10 or whatever.

Third Rail
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the Steelers should "retire" # 14. Between Neil and Limas, that number has brought its wearer some awful luck.

I'll bet you guys that Sweed actually turns into a legitimate receiver now that he's free of it.

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Lewis gave him #20 back...i'm sure the people who have BMac merchandise with #20 would like that too haha. I would say then Lewis could take #26...since he was #6 in college i think, but Allen is 26. And I also think Sweed is going for a new beginning with #80...and I remember Holmes mentioning something I think on Twitter about his buddy Dixon and him now being able to take #10 or whatever.

That's a brilliant angle. Instead of focusing on superstition and stuff, he should pretend that a whole lot of people have Bmac jerseys and he doesn't want them to have to go buy a new one for just one year. lol He sould also offer to give him some money (maybe $3000) for all the people who bought Lewis Jerseys (all 10 being family members...lol).

tube517
04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Worilds has Kendrell Bell's old number 97

SteelKnight
04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
I think the Steelers should "retire" # 14. Between Neil and Limas, that number has brought its wearer some awful luck.

I'll bet you guys that Sweed actually turns into a legitimate receiver now that he's free of it.

Neil actually had the lowest INT percentage when he retired. That story of how he almost stayed with the Steelers boggled my mind. Cowher should have been calling him trying to break the tie. I guess he was still frustrated with the 2 picks in the Superbowl. I think we could have won one if Neil had stayed.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Nobody is EVER going to wear #32. It will not be handed out.

Ernie Stautner's #70 is the only officially retired jersey of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But if it came down to it, I think the Steelers would officially retire #32 also instead of handing it over to someone. The only player to be offered that number since Franco wore it was Jerome Bettis, and he turned it down. They aren't offering it to anyone.

These are the numbers that I think we will never see a Steeler wear :

#70- Ernie Stautner, the only officially retired jersey number in Steelers history
#32 - Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception...four time Super Bowl champion
#12 - Terry Bradshaw, no explanation needed
#75 - "Mean" Joe Greene, First ever draft pick of Chuck Noll...cornerstone of the Steel Curtain defense
#58 - Jack Lambert.....still the BEST MIDDLE LINEBACKER TO EVER PLAY THE GAME

I think we will see #36 again some day, but it will probably be a while.

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Nobody is EVER going to wear #32. It will not be handed out.

Ernie Stautner's #70 is the only officially retired jersey of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But if it came down to it, I think the Steelers would officially retire #32 also instead of handing it over to someone. The only player to be offered that number since Franco wore it was Jerome Bettis, and he turned it down. They aren't offering it to anyone.

These are the numbers that I think we will never see a Steeler wear :

#70- Ernie Stautner, the only officially retired jersey number in Steelers history
#32 - Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception...four time Super Bowl champion
#12 - Terry Bradshaw, no explanation needed
#75 - "Mean" Joe Greene, First ever draft pick of Chuck Noll...cornerstone of the Steel Curtain defense
#58 - Jack Lambert.....still the BEST MIDDLE LINEBACKER TO EVER PLAY THE GAME

I think we will see #36 again some day, but it will probably be a while.

I know Franco made the Immaculate Reception but to me Stallworth is just as special as Franco. Wouldn't have won 4 Superbowls without Stallworth. So I'm not all about that protecting if they are going to let people use #82. If the Steelers worshiped Franco so much, they should have made sure he didn't go to Seatle for that final year.

To me all the players are special and the only one I think worthy of untouchable is #12. They should establish a sense that it's OK to use a greats number in a different era...maybe wait 5-10 years. The Steelers have had about 20 players that were superb. There are only 99 numbers. If we keep adding to it, none will be left. (add 7, 86, 43). How about the 3 centers? It can get really silly after a while.

I do like your list though. maybe if you had added #82 to that respect class I would agree but if we can't honor #82, I just don't care to honor any except the commander (#12).

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
BTW. Now I see why Pouncey hasn't picked a number. The only available numbers are 70 (officially retired per one poster), 63 (Dermontti Dawson), and 75 (Mean Joe), 52 (Webster), 58 (Lambert) and 59 (Ham).

See we have too many damn famous people. He could coose to double up on a number of a player he thinks well be cut. lol It's rude though. lol You are allowed to have double numbers until te final 53. He should take ST ace Patric Bailey #55. There is no way Bailey makes the team. 55 is also close to his 56.

SteelMember
04-28-2010, 07:22 AM

Yes. BMac will "make him an offer he can't refuse". I'm sure he'll get it back.

Although, 23 wouldn't be too bad. I don't think I've liked it on too many Steelers besides Mike Wagner. :noidea:

also, it wasn't until recently that the NFL allowed WR's to wear numbers 10-19. There was more need for those positional numbers because of the evolving "pass" league. Many teams were running out, or having to re-issue HOF numbers, like 82. Having 5 WR's and 3 TE's doesn't give you many options if you retire anything in the 80's.

Here's an good link (http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent/2009/08/24/06/All_Time_Roster_Number_09_108698.pdf) for all-time uniform numbers... it goes through 2008.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I know Franco made the Immaculate Reception but to me Stallworth is just as special as Franco. Wouldn't have won 4 Superbowls without Stallworth. So I'm not all about that protecting if they are going to let people use #82. If the Steelers worshiped Franco so much, they should have made sure he didn't go to Seatle for that final year.

To me all the players are special and the only one I think worthy of untouchable is #12. They should establish a sense that it's OK to use a greats number in a different era...maybe wait 5-10 years. The Steelers have had about 20 players that were superb. There are only 99 numbers. If we keep adding to it, none will be left. (add 7, 86, 43). How about the 3 centers? It can get really silly after a while.

I do like your list though. maybe if you had added #82 to that respect class I would agree but if we can't honor #82, I just don't care to honor any except the commander (#12).

Well what makes Bradshaw better than the others?

The only reason I didn't put #82 in that list is obviously because it has been handed out. I never thought it would be after it was announced Stallworth was going into the HoF, but surprisingly it was given to Randle El.

But honestly, IMHO, the list I gave is what most people think are the numbers that will never be handed out again. I think the Steelers should just officially retire them to end any argument because they won't be seen on a Steelers jersey without those names I listed on the back of them. If nobody has worn them since those players, then nobody ever will.

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Well what makes Bradshaw better than the others?

The only reason I didn't put #82 in that list is obviously because it has been handed out. I never thought it would be after it was announced Stallworth was going into the HoF, but surprisingly it was given to Randle El.

But honestly, IMHO, the list I gave is what most people think are the numbers that will never be handed out again. I think the Steelers should just officially retire them to end any argument because they won't be seen on a Steelers jersey without those names I listed on the back of them. If nobody has worn them since those players, then nobody ever will.

All those players are special but I am one believes QBs are extra special but if you disagree, it is not worth a debate. I value all those others but I cannot value one over another but with a QB, there IS something different.

I like Stallworth just as much as Franco (if not more). I know why you left 82 off but remember again that they handed it out AFTER he was selected (but before the ceremony).

I don't think they should retire numbers. We had too many greats and it would just start causing bitterness as Swann, Stallworth, Mel Blount, Mike Webster's family, LC Greenwood, and others start to feel unappreciated for their roles. By the way, Lynn Swann, Mike Webster, Jack Ham, Mel Blount and Rod Woodson are all in the HOF and all off your list in addition to Stallworth (if Randel El is why you left Stallworth off).

BlastFurnace
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes. BMac will "make him an offer he can't refuse". I'm sure he'll get it back.

Although, 23 wouldn't be too bad. I don't think I've liked it on too many Steelers besides Mike Wagner. :noidea:

also, it wasn't until recently that the NFL allowed WR's to wear numbers 10-19. There was more need for those positional numbers because of the evolving "pass" league. Many teams were running out, or having to re-issue HOF numbers, like 82. Having 5 WR's and 3 TE's doesn't give you many options if you retire anything in the 80's.

Here's an good link (http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent/2009/08/24/06/All_Time_Roster_Number_09_108698.pdf) for all-time uniform numbers... it goes through 2008.

Thanks for the link to that site. I forgot that Scott Shields desecrated Mel Blounts number in the late 90's.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
All those players are special but I am one believes QBs are extra special but if you disagree, it is not worth a debate. I value all those others but I cannot value one over another but with a QB, there IS something different.

I like Stallworth just as much as Franco (if not more). I know why you left 82 off but remember again that they handed it out AFTER he was selected (but before the ceremony).

I don't think they should retire numbers. We had too many greats and it would just start causing bitterness as Swann, Stallworth, Mel Blount, Mike Webster's family, LC Greenwood, and others start to feel unappreciated for their roles. By the way, Lynn Swann, Mike Webster, Jack Ham, Mel Blount and Rod Woodson are all in the HOF and all off your list in addition to Stallworth (if Randel El is why you left Stallworth off).

I listed those players because those are the guys who, IMHO, you think of them and you think of the Steelers.

I agree, we can't go retiring the jersey number of every player that ever played for us that goes into the HoF.

Indo
04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
For me, the numbers that SHOULD NOT be used again are

Nothing against all of the others who contributed to the rings/trophies----82,88,31,47,52,59,68, and on and on (and on...)
but, as has been pointed out, you simply cannot retire ALL of them

These, to me, are the numbers that say Pittsburgh Steelers

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
For me, the numbers that SHOULD NOT be used again are

Nothing against all of the others who contributed to the rings/trophies----82,88,31,47,52,59,68, and on and on (and on...)
but, as has been pointed out, you simply cannot retire ALL of them

These, to me, are the numbers that say Pittsburgh Steelers

Why is 32 more important than 82? and if "the immaculate reception" is the thing then you might as well retire 10 too. We would not have won 4 SBs without Stallworth.

If you take Franco off then I will be cool with taking 82 off and we can leave it as 12, 58 and 75.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Why is 32 more important than 82? and if "the immaculate reception" is the thing then you might as well retire 10 too. We would not have won 4 SBs without Stallworth.

If you take Franco off then I will be cool with taking 82 off and we can leave it as 12, 58 and 75.

We wouldn't have won those four Super Bowls without the defense against the Vikings and Franco's running.

Also the Immaculate Reception is considered the turning point of Steelers football.

steeltheone
04-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Mel Blount changed the defensive game of football.

SteelKnight
04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Mel Blount changed the defensive game of football.

Very true. They changed the rules just for him.

Anyway we all like all of them. I just like Stallworth as much as Franco and feel if you must honor Franco, you must honor Stallworth. JMO Without Stallworth, maybe we would have won 1 SB (the first).

We should just avoid retiring any numbers so feelings don't get hurt. As far as handing them out, I wouldn't mind seeing another good 32 or 75 one day. Maybe we should give them a 10 year or 15 year honor period.

I think it is OK to have two good players wear a number so long as we are absolutely sure the player is not coming back. I liked Eric Green and it was fine when Hines took his number. I really don't have a problem with Randel El wearing 82. I don't feel it dishonors Stallworth. It is only when we start valuing some more than others that argument arise.

Betis helped us win one superbowl. Why shouldn't they give out that number? Let's wait 10 years then put it back in circulation. I'm cool with 10 years of honor.

Third Rail
04-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Neil actually had the lowest INT percentage when he retired. That story of how he almost stayed with the Steelers boggled my mind. Cowher should have been calling him trying to break the tie. I guess he was still frustrated with the 2 picks in the Superbowl. I think we could have won one if Neil had stayed.

Yeah, I know... it just kind of boggles the mind that a guy who held the lowest INT average is more famous for throwing 2 picks than anything else he did in his career.

I tend to think that Neil gets a little too much flack. I mean, let's be clear about something.... if those two picks Ben threw in his first Super Bowl had cost the Steelers the game, my guess is fans would have turned on him too.

But anyway, it is what it is... if there truly is a Madden curse, and if Bobby Layne truly cursed the Lions... I think there's a curse on the #14 for the Steelers.

SteelKnight
04-29-2010, 02:28 AM
But anyway, it is what it is... if there truly is a Madden curse, and if Bobby Layne truly cursed the Lions... I think there's a curse on the #14 for the Steelers.

Just for fun (I'm not into this stuff). lol

For Chinese...lol

Number 14 is considered to be one of the unluckiest numbers. Although 14 is usually said in Mandarin as 十四 "shí sì," which sounds like 十死 "ten die", it can also be said as 一四 "yī sì" or 么四 "yāo sì", literally "one four". Thus, 14 can also be said as "yāo sì," literally "one four," but it also sounds like "want to die" (要死 pinyin yào sǐ). In Cantonese, 14 sounds like "sap6 sei3", which sounds like "sat6 sei2" meaning "certainly die" (實死).

Chaldean Numerology

This is a number of movement, combination of people and things, and danger from natural forces such as tempests, water, air or fire. This number is fortunate for dealings with money, specula­tion and changes in business, but there is always a strong element of risk and danger attached to it, but generally owing to the actions and fool hardiness of others. If this number comes out in calcula­tions of future events the person should be warned to act with cau­tion and prudence.

Numerology

14 See "The Karmic Debt Numbers." A wild streak. Need for change and adventure can destroy carefully planned progress. Lack of focus and commitment. This Karmic Debt number can get you in trouble. Guard against self-indulgence.

The 14 Karmic Debt arises from previous lifetimes during which human freedom has been abused. Those with a 14 Karmic Debt are forced to adapt to ever-changing circumstances and unexpected occurrences. There is an acute danger of falling victim to abuse of drugs, alcohol, and overindulgence in sensual pleasures, such as food and sex. You must put the reins on yourself. Modesty in all affairs is crucial to overcoming this Karmic Debt.

Also important is the need to maintain order in life, and to establish one's own emotional stability. you must also be willing to adapt to the unexpected occurrences of life, all the while maintaining your focus on your goals and dreams. Flexibility and adaptability are at the very core of this struggle.
Orderliness in one's immediate environment is crucial to maintaining clarity and focus. Mental and emotional stability must be attained in order to avoid being thrown about by the changing fortunes in the external environment.

But the key to the 14 Karmic Debt is commitment. Life will resemble a roller coaster ride, but it will always travel in the right direction if one's heart is set on what is true and good. Set yourself a high goal, maintain order wherever possible in your life, avoid excessive sensory indulgence, and maintain faith. Above all, do not give up on your dreams and goals.
Those with the 14 Karmic Debt will experience life to the fullest, and as long as they maintain a high dream, they will achieve success and great spiritual development.

-------------------------------------------------

Of note
80 This is a good number for business. However, it is found more often among people in top management and the military, than among entrepreneurs, due to a lack of independence. It is an extravert number.

Third Rail
04-29-2010, 09:33 AM
lol, interesting stuff...

XxKnightxX
04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Just for fun (I'm not into this stuff). lol

For Chinese...lol

Number 14 is considered to be one of the unluckiest numbers. Although 14 is usually said in Mandarin as 十四 "shí sì," which sounds like 十死 "ten die", it can also be said as 一四 "yī sì" or 么四 "yāo sì", literally "one four". Thus, 14 can also be said as "yāo sì," literally "one four," but it also sounds like "want to die" (要死 pinyin yào sǐ). In Cantonese, 14 sounds like "sap6 sei3", which sounds like "sat6 sei2" meaning "certainly die" (實死).

Chaldean Numerology

This is a number of movement, combination of people and things, and danger from natural forces such as tempests, water, air or fire. This number is fortunate for dealings with money, specula­tion and changes in business, but there is always a strong element of risk and danger attached to it, but generally owing to the actions and fool hardiness of others. If this number comes out in calcula­tions of future events the person should be warned to act with cau­tion and prudence.

Numerology

14 See "The Karmic Debt Numbers." A wild streak. Need for change and adventure can destroy carefully planned progress. Lack of focus and commitment. This Karmic Debt number can get you in trouble. Guard against self-indulgence.

The 14 Karmic Debt arises from previous lifetimes during which human freedom has been abused. Those with a 14 Karmic Debt are forced to adapt to ever-changing circumstances and unexpected occurrences. There is an acute danger of falling victim to abuse of drugs, alcohol, and overindulgence in sensual pleasures, such as food and sex. You must put the reins on yourself. Modesty in all affairs is crucial to overcoming this Karmic Debt.

Also important is the need to maintain order in life, and to establish one's own emotional stability. you must also be willing to adapt to the unexpected occurrences of life, all the while maintaining your focus on your goals and dreams. Flexibility and adaptability are at the very core of this struggle.
Orderliness in one's immediate environment is crucial to maintaining clarity and focus. Mental and emotional stability must be attained in order to avoid being thrown about by the changing fortunes in the external environment.

But the key to the 14 Karmic Debt is commitment. Life will resemble a roller coaster ride, but it will always travel in the right direction if one's heart is set on what is true and good. Set yourself a high goal, maintain order wherever possible in your life, avoid excessive sensory indulgence, and maintain faith. Above all, do not give up on your dreams and goals.
Those with the 14 Karmic Debt will experience life to the fullest, and as long as they maintain a high dream, they will achieve success and great spiritual development.

-------------------------------------------------

Of note
80 This is a good number for business. However, it is found more often among people in top management and the military, than among entrepreneurs, due to a lack of independence. It is an extravert number.

YEAH, WHAT HE SAID :noidea::yeehaw:

SteelKnight
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
BTW. Now I see why Pouncey hasn't picked a number. The only available numbers are 70 (officially retired per one poster), 63 (Dermontti Dawson), and 75 (Mean Joe), 52 (Webster), 58 (Lambert) and 59 (Ham).

See we have too many damn famous people. He could coose to double up on a number of a player he thinks well be cut. lol It's rude though. lol You are allowed to have double numbers until te final 53. He should take ST ace Patric Bailey #55. There is no way Bailey makes the team. 55 is also close to his 56.

Still no McFadden number. He'll have to choose by tomorrow.

Pouncey has chosen to double up and choose 53. The player Johnny Williams already had this number assigned and if you are saying "Who?", maybe that's why he chose to double up on that guy.

That is a smarter move than what I suggested. It is better to double up on a nobody than someone who actually has made the clube before (like Bailey 55).

SteelMember
04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
That is a smarter move than what I suggested. It is better to double up on a nobody than someone who actually has made the clube before (like Bailey 55).

Another reason may be because his twin brother wears 55. :noidea:

43Hitman
04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
He'll get his number back from Lewis. He'll pay upwards of 10 to 20k for it, but he'll get it. Some guys build outdoor grilling areas and such in trade for the number.

SteelKnight
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
He'll get his number back from Lewis. He'll pay upwards of 10 to 20k for it, but he'll get it. Some guys build outdoor grilling areas and such in trade for the number.

I think a player should at least pay as much to cover family members Jerseys (the only people who would have bought a Kenan Lewis Jersey...lol).

7willBheaven
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah BMac is the only one without a number right now...which makes you believe he's trying to get his number back. And who knows what the final numbers of some of the new guys will be if they make the final roster, we'll have to wait and see.

AllD
04-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Rumors were that Deon Sanders paid $80k to get his number when he switched clubs.

And speaking of Chinese, I once dated a Chinese girl. It didn't last too long because everytime we had sex, I was horny again an hour later.

PhantomJB93
04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Its official, Bryant McFadden has gotten his #20 back form Keenan Lewis, and Lewis will wear 23 this season.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Its official, Bryant McFadden has gotten his #20 back form Keenan Lewis, and Lewis will wear 23 this season.

And Steelers.com has Maurkice listed as # 53. :tt02:

SteelKnight
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Did I call that perfectly or what? lol

tube517
04-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Not bad...Dirt Winston and Bryan Hinkle

And Steelers.com has Maurkice listed as # 53. :tt02:

BlastFurnace
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Not bad...Dirt Winston and Bryan Hinkle

Clark Haggans...or...Bruce Davis...just sayin

7willBheaven
04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Did I call that perfectly or what? lol

Not that hard to call...23 was the only other number open...and it was obvious that BMac would want his number back...especially for the last few days when everyone else had a number BUT him...that he was working to get it back from Lewis.

SteelKnight
04-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Not that hard to call...23 was the only other number open...and it was obvious that BMac would want his number back...especially for the last few days when everyone else had a number BUT him...that he was working to get it back from Lewis.

Ah but did I wait or did I search through and see what number was left and make the call early? Anyway who cares whether it was hard? It was right. More importantly, it was for fun. lol

And plus, obviously Keenan took some time to think about it.

SteelKnight
05-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I think Antonio Brown saw my post on the unluckiness of #14 or spoke to Sweed or something. He switched his number now to 84.

Of Note, Sanders also switched his number from 18...to 88. This ends any theory of how the Steelers don't want to give out HOF numbers (hello...Swann). Even thouh 82 was given out the same year as Stallworth was elected (before the ceremony), as I've pointed out, they knew he was going to be inducted in February that year (before the draft of Randel El). I'm fine with it. I see nothing wrong with another player wearing a number that was great in a different era. You can have 2 great players with that number. Maybe give a 10 year honorary avoidance and move on. The only number that should be protected is #12. The others were all great, as I've said but too many great to choose from. The Cowboys just gave Bryant Irvin's 88...fine with me.

steelerdude15
05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
The only number that should be protected is #12. The others were all great, as I've said but too many great to choose from. The Cowboys just gave Bryant Irvin's 88...fine with me.
Uh, what about 36, 32, 58, and 75, those numbers shouldn't be given out.

SteelKnight
05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Even though I made my comment, I would want them to be a little selective...lol I wouldn't mind if the Steelers drafted Rolando McClain and he asked to wear 75 ...he would have to represent. lol I wouldn't want some UFA taking the number. I have a feeling MJG wouldn't mind either if he thought it would be a good player. No guarantees though.

SteelKnight
05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Uh, what about 36, 32, 58, and 75, those numbers shouldn't be given out.

I don't think we should retire numbers so as far as giving them out, I think we had too many great ones. Mel Bount made them change the rules.

MJG is sort of special...not ony for his play but because he was the first pick of Chuck Knoll which represented changing the Steelers.

Again, I think we should make an exception for 12 because a QB is the leader of the whole team but for the other players, there were just too many great ones.

I don't respect the Steelers protecting Mike Webster yet giving out Stallworth and Swann. Once we start naming certain ones, we disrespect the others we don't name. I've said before, I think Stallworth was as important to the 4 Superbowls as Franco. Without him, maybe we would have won 1 (the first one) or 2 (but not 4).

And 36 should definitely not be protected. Let's like I said, give him a ten year honorary period and then move on. He helped us win 1 Superbowl and it was more like we helped him win 1 Superbowl. FWP was the Starter. He's lucky that Ben made "The tackle" or you would have never mentioned his name(#) right now. lol

steelerdude15
05-03-2010, 12:47 AM
I've said before, I think Stallworth was as important to the 4 Superbowls as Franco.
:iagree:

SteelKnight
05-03-2010, 02:14 AM
:iagree:

I have to believe if Stallworth didn't break is leg in 1980 and only play 3 games the Steelers might have won a 5th SB. They had won 4 of their first 5 games that season and the one loss being by 2 points (same game where he broke his leg).

During that season, 2 games were lost by 1 point and another game the Steelers lost 6 to nothing (all games Stallworth missed). Further, Stallworth came through in big games and the Steelers had a chance to make te playoffs if they just could have won their final game of the season. They lost. You can't tell me Stallworth would not have helped them win any one of these games and perhaps help them to another SB.

WH
05-03-2010, 02:36 AM
They lost. You can't tell me Stallworth would not have helped them win any one of these games and perhaps help them to another SB.

If Bruce Arians would have called a better game that last game, they would have won.

:sofunny: