View Full Version : Top 32 QB

polamalubeast
04-28-2010, 07:30 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...22c518114.html

Philadelphia columnist: Tony Romo is the NFL's 7th best QB

02:03 AM CDT on Friday, April 9, 2010
Paul Domowitch/Philadelphia Daily News
Passing judgment: NFL quarterback rankings

1. Drew Brees, Saints: Leapfrogged over Peyton Manning by outdueling him in the Super Bowl.

2. Peyton Manning, Colts: 366 career TD passes and still going strong.

3. Philip Rivers, Chargers: Over the last two years, he's thrown 62 TD passes and has a .652 completion percentage.

4. Tom Brady, Patriots: Three Super Bowl rings, a 14-4 playoff record and a 93.3 career passer rating.

5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: Had a not-of-this-world 133.5 third-down passer rating in 2009.

6. Brett Favre, Vikings: Even at 40, he's still one of the league's best QBs.

7. Tony Romo, Cowboys: Had just nine picks in 550 passes last season.

8. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers: Two Super Bowl rings, but has thrown more than 18 TD passes just twice in his career.

9. Donovan McNabb, Redskins: Has completed better than 61 percent of his passes just twice in his career.

10. Matt Schaub, Texans: Finished first in the league in passing yards and fourth in completion percentage in 2009.

11. Carson Palmer, Bengals: Has had just one really good season so far.

12. Eli Manning, Giants: Six years into his career, he has a .570 completion percentage.

13. Jay Cutler, Bears: Great arm, but makes a lot of bonehead throws (league-high 26 interceptions in 2009).

14. Joe Flacco, Ravens: Has a gun, but also has just one TD, six interceptions and a .475 completion rate in five playoff games.

15. Matt Ryan, Falcons: Didn't play as well in '09 as he did as a rookie.

16. Kevin Kolb, Eagles: Threw for 300-plus yards in both of his starts last year.

17. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks: Just 22 TD passes and 27 interceptions the last two seasons.

18. Matt Moore, Panthers: Led Panthers to 4-1 finish, throwing eight TDs and just one INT in those five starts.

19. Matt Stafford, Lions: His rookie numbers were atrocious, but he has the tools to be successful.

20. Kyle Orton, Broncos: Threw just 12 TD passes and 11 interceptions in Broncos' final nine games last season.

21. Alex Smith, 49ers: The light seemed to finally go on for him late last season.

22. Matt Cassel, Chiefs: A one-year wonder whose passer rating dropped 20 points after the Patriots traded him to KC.

23. Mark Sanchez, Jets: Averaged just 24 pass attempts per game as a rookie in Jets' run-oriented offense.

24. Josh Freeman, Bucs: Has all the tools to develop into an elite QB.

25. Chad Henne, Dolphins: Just 12 TDs in 451 attempts last year.

26. David Garrard, Jaguars: Has had just one season with a passer rating better than 84.

27. Jake Delhomme, Browns: Has averaged an interception every 16 passes in his last 12 starts.

28. Matt Leinart, Cardinals: Has just 106 pass attempts in the last two seasons.

29. Vince Young, Titans: 32 TDs, 39 INTs in four seasons.

30. Keith Null/A.J. Feeley, Rams: They're just keeping the seat warm for Sam Bradford.

31. Trent Edwards/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Brian Brohm, Bills: Yuck.

32. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders: Double yuck.

pete74
04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
i consider rodgers #1. i would take him as my QB over anyone else on that list in a second. i have never in my life seen a QB with stats as good as his in only his 1st two years

ricardisimo
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Wrong forum.

AllD
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
i consider rodgers #1. i would take him as my QB over anyone else on that list in a second. i have never in my life seen a QB with stats as good as his in only his 1st two years

No offense, but Rogers' stats do not compare to BB who went 13-0(?) and most wins as a rookie and then came back and won SB XL in his second season. Ok, ARE threw a better pass than he did, but he was instrumental in them getting there with the "Immaculate Tackle".

stillers4me
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Romo, Rogers, and Rivers better than Ben? Thanks for the laugh.

And as much as I like Drew Brees, to put him at #1 just makes him the flavor of the month.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
As emperor Chaz would say "Stats are for losers"

I'll take Ben and his 2 legitimate rings over any one with more stats

It's all about what you do in winning time!!!

wootawnee
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't take anyone over Ben in the whole league..........He is the best......

Brady....Too arrogant
Manning......Too me..not enough team....
Farve.......To big of pistols on his hips
Rivers.......Choke
Romo......Choke
Rodgers.......WHat did he ever do.....

Brees is a champion though......

Shoes
04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
.............:chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/jamarcus2.png

Psyychoward86
04-28-2010, 09:07 PM

1) Unproven in playoffs

2) Little to no significant 4th quarter/OT comebacks

3) just like the man he succeeded (Favre), he has the added benefit of a good O-line and plenty of weapons. Dont get into the sack arguement, that's when the starters were getting injured the packer o-line is very good

PhantomJB93
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
I saw Drew Brees over Peyton and stopped reading. I mean he's good and his TEAM may have beaten Peyton's but anybody who really thinks he is better is just...no

And no, I mean its good to stick up for you team and all but Ben is a top 5-top7 QB, he is not number 1 as some Steeler fans seem to think...Im a Steelers fan as well don't get me wrong but Im also realistic and it doesn't take much to see there are better QB's. Philip Rivers is not one of them though.

Gnutella
04-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is still the best QB of the 2004 draft class. The other two have thrown more INTs than TDs in the playoffs.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I saw Drew Brees over Peyton and stopped reading. I mean he's good and his TEAM may have beaten Peyton's but anybody who really thinks he is better is just...no

And no, I mean its good to stick up for you team and all but Ben is a top 5-top7 QB, he is not number 1 as some Steeler fans seem to think...Im a Steelers fan as well don't get me wrong but Im also realistic and it doesn't take much to see there are better QB's. Philip Rivers is not one of them though.

It's not a matter of sticking up for our QB or being homers. It's about winning and with Ben we have been a winning team. We have had great teams in the past that were missing a great QB to get us over the hump. Ben has come in and has been winnig ever since.

I'm surprised you don't make the excuse that Ben has a better D than the others and that is why he wins.

I'll still take Ben and for what it's worth I would take Hines over any other receiver in the NFL as well.

steelerdude15
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Dallas news suck.

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't get why people love Rivers so much, the guy is a playoff and big game choke artist. seriously.

He's a LOSER.

Heck the guy who's job he took, went to New Effing Orleans and WON an Effing Super Bowl...with the SAINTS, are you kidding me? Breese leaves and wins a Super Bowl with the SAINTS and Rivers can't sniff a Super Bowl with all the talent the Chargers have had while he's been under center? Really?

pete74
04-29-2010, 06:13 PM
No offense, but Rogers' stats do not compare to BB who went 13-0(?) and most wins as a rookie and then came back and won SB XL in his second season. Ok, ARE threw a better pass than he did, but he was instrumental in them getting there with the "Immaculate Tackle".

no offense but rodgers state blow BB's away. there is no comparrison. yes ben's team won more games but that is his team. one player dosnt win a game. take a look at rodgers first 2 years as a starter and find me anyone who's stats(with the exception of marino) are even close

wootawnee
04-29-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't get why people love Rivers so much, the guy is a playoff and big game choke artist. seriously.

He's a LOSER.

Heck the guy who's job he took, went to New Effing Orleans and WON an Effing Super Bowl...with the SAINTS, are you kidding me? Breese leaves and wins a Super Bowl with the SAINTS and Rivers can't sniff a Super Bowl with all the talent the Chargers have had while he's been under center? Really?

BINGO:drink:

pete74
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
1) Unproven in playoffs

2) Little to no significant 4th quarter/OT comebacks

3) just like the man he succeeded (Favre), he has the added benefit of a good O-line and plenty of weapons. Dont get into the sack arguement, that's when the starters were getting injured the packer o-line is very good

of course everyone here thinks ben is the best because were all pittsburgh fans but im a little more open minded then some. ben won the super bowl with the best defense probably ever. yes he was a big part but the defense did more then a little over the years(except for last year and looked what happened). rodgers really didnt have a good team around him and look what his stats are. his O-line has been changing weekly and the running game is pretty bad. as for some of you that say stats dont mean a thing, i beg to differ and i bet i can find an older post of yours were you refer to them.

AllD
04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
of course everyone here thinks ben is the best because were all pittsburgh fans but im a little more open minded then some. ben won the super bowl with the best defense probably ever. yes he was a big part but the defense did more then a little over the years(except for last year and looked what happened). rodgers really didnt have a good team around him and look what his stats are. his O-line has been changing weekly and the running game is pretty bad. as for some of you that say stats dont mean a thing, i beg to differ and i bet i can find an older post of yours were you refer to them.

Best defense ever was the 1976 Steelers team, fact.

Psyychoward86
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
rodgers really didnt have a good team around him and look what his stats are. his O-line has been changing weekly and the running game is pretty bad. as for some of you that say stats dont mean a thing, i beg to differ and i bet i can find an older post of yours were you refer to them.

he has a phenomenal team around him, are you kidding? Once the actual starting O-line came back together, rodgers was playing a lot better. Grant is well underrated, the packers have one of the better to best receiving corps in the league. They are extremely deep at tight end.

you're STILL assuming that Rodgers plays in the playoffs like he does in the regular season. Sure, he was great in his lone playoff game, but he also made the worst possible mistake during the most crucial of times.

wootawnee
05-02-2010, 03:41 AM
I look at the qb's in the league with an open mind, and I will take Ben........He plays like Montana, Elway, Favre,.......He gives it his all.....Brady, for example, couldn't hang back in the old days........He would have been crushed.........I mean crushed.......He is protected these days for league money reasons(ratings)......
Ben wants to win like the greats.......Brady want to win to be cool......See the difference.........

See what happend to Tom in the 07 superbowl......Well thats what would have happen to him against the Steel Curtain, the Vikes, the Raiders, the Rams.back in the 70's and early 80's.......The Giants put some old school on his ass.........and found out it was candy..........

Bens a champion.....He was MVP in the bowl.....They didnt give it to him cause Warner had more yards.....Talk about political BS..........Beleive me, that's why.......The dude drove 92 yards in what, 2 minutes, and they dont give it to him cause of some rac yards by Kurt(no offense Kurt).........

He is not done with his career yet, so it's in limbo on who's who.......But let me tell you this.....There aint another Qb's heart I would rather have in my chest......

I cant wait to see what happens.............

silver & black
05-02-2010, 11:01 AM

He's a LOSER.

:applaudit:.............. :drink:

Third Rail
05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I do think Rivers is a tad overrated, but I think the real culprit in San Diego in recent years has been their idiot coaching staff, mainly Norv Turner. I couldn't believe how they kept running ineffective running play after ineffective running play in that playoff game against the Jets. It was like they were afraid to let Rivers throw. I could understand that if you still had LT via 2006/2007, but he was a shadow of his former self last season.

Of course, maybe that is just a reflection of Rivers' lack of post-season reliability, I don't know. Even his coach knows he's a choker, lol.

Galax Steeler
05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
.............:chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/jamarcus2.png

What a flop he is where he needs to be and that is at no.32:rofl:

There is no way that Romo is better then Ben I don't understand some of these writers. They must get paid to just be dumb AS_ES.:banging:

Third Rail
05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think they need to really examine the performance as a whole and not just the stats. Romo, while a very talented quarterback, also has a well-earned reputation as one of the biggest choke artists in the league. I've hated the Cowboys for years and I never want to see them tie our 6-ring record. But since they usually make it into the playoffs, you'd think I'd occasionally be worried, right? Wrong. Every time Romo makes it to the playoffs, it's only a matter of time before he crumbles. This season was the first one he choked in the second round instead of the first.

These so-called experts need to take into consideration that making it into the playoffs and WINNING counts just as much as a stat sheet.