PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. Pens/Habs. LETS GO PENS!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Matt Cooke misses a breakaway some of a bitch!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Dayum!!!! Cookie couldn't buy a goal there. :banging: Keep up the pressure guys! :applaudit:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Pens looking much better early in the second period Im loving the pressure!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Time to score is NOW. :hope: :hope:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Nothing on the PP, but this is Pens hockey! Traffic, bodies in lanes yes boys!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like we're going to have to get a couple of garbage goals to win this game. Halak is like a stone wall tonight. :banging:

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
KEEP THAT PRESSURE UP!!!! :applaudit: :applaudit: Eventually, something is going to go in.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
0 to 0 going into OT anyone!?

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Halak stoning GoGo im just not surprised anymore just gotta keep attacking and they will go in!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Damned HALAK!!!! :banging: :banging: Pressure, pressure, pressure!!!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
0 to 0 going into OT anyone!?

I think if the Pens keep up this pressure in the 3rd, we're gonna git 'em. The Pens will wear them down.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I think if the Pens keep up this pressure in the 3rd, we're gonna git 'em. The Pens will wear them down.

Oh yes! Already wearing them down all second period and in the third they will have no gas in the tank. Goal time soon Pens!:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
damn... i saw all goal on that one timer!

i need a lude or something. this game is driving me nutz!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Alright they got a power play. What are they gonna do with it.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
WOW!!! What a shift from the first line unit!!! In the Habs zone for about almost 2 minutes and Gill in the box for interfering with Sid and I mean that was one hell of a shift and a PP goal would be HUGE!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 08:43 PM

I'd be happy if the Pens even won this game 1-0. As long as the Pens lead, I'll be happy.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Big scrum at the end of the game and looks like Sid is just not going to get a break and I hope he feeds off this energy and get's the game winner tonight! What a great period from the Pens. Now 16 shots to 10 for the Pens and they got the puck to the net and a PP with fresh ice in the third! GO PENS!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Gionta trips Sid and the Habs get snitty? :upyours:

14-3 shots in favor of the Pens in the 2nd. Hold on to your hats - the 3rd is going to be crazy!

LETS GO PENS!

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 08:48 PM

14-3 shots in favor of the Pens in the 2nd. Hold on to your hats - the 3rd is going to be crazy!

LETS GO PENS!not only did he trip him, he hacked him in the back of the head with the stick.

and the crowd chants "crosby flops" :mad:

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
not only did he trip him, he hacked him in the back of the head with the stick.

and the crowd chants "crosby flops" :mad:

I'm Canadian by birth and I can't stomach the people in Montreal. Been there several times and they are ignorant as hell - especially to Americans, even if you speak fluent French. Every one of those assholes taunting Sid would trade any of their players, including Camaretti, for Sid.

Fire Haley
05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
This is a great game so far. You can cut the tension with a knife.

Missing the net will get you beat though.

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:02 PM

LETS GO PENS!

(In Pilots Voice): Ladies and Gentlemen fasten your seatbelts and make sure you're trays are in the upright and locked position. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Someone is going to have to get in there, stand in front of the net when the Pens are in the OZ and block Halak's view. I'd use Poni for that - he's a big guy and who is going to move him?

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Geno shoots and scores! :applaudit: :hatsoff: :banana:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
GOOALLLL!!! Malkin from Gonchar from his side he loves to score from! 1 to 0 Pens and Malkin get's fired up YES!!!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I called it - Kunitz and Crosby got in front of him and blocked Halak's view. :applaudit:

tony hipchest
finally! malkin with the rocket shot.

its hot as hell here in NM, but i had to break out the sweater for the 3rd period. i guess i'll keep it on.

SteelCityMan786
WELL DONE GENO!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I called it - Kunitz and Crosby got in front of him and blocked Halak's view. :applaudit:

Didn't I say something like Halak had to break eventually?

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Atta way boys - keep up that PRESSURE!!!

BITE ME Habs fans. :upyours:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
How Geno finds that short side almost every time he makes that shot is just plain sick, but of course the traffic in front of the net does it!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I absolutely pee my pants every time Sid gets the puck and the Habs fans boo him. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Malkin looks possessed out there right now skating around everyone, great back checking! I love it!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I absolutely pee my pants every time Sid gets the puck and the Habs fans boo him. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I laugh at that. You usually always can tell what's about to happen when he gets that message.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Heck of a save again by Fluery he is just lights out tonight and the reason we are winning this game!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Half of the third gone. Keep playing your game boys and keep on firing that puck at Halak.

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Atta way Fleury! :applaudit: Stand strong young man!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
I hope Fluery get's the shutout here. He has played one hell of a game and it is well deserved! COME ON BOYS!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:23 PM
8 minutes left to play. Hang onto that momentum and keep playing your game Pens!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
WOW FLUERY! Amazing save on Cammaleri his left pad was lightning!!!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
5:31 left and a PP coming for the Habs. Time for Fluery to shut the door once again I believe!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Every time I think of Habs fans, I think of . . .

http://jcwinnie.biz/wordpress/imageSnag/clouseau.jpg

:laughing: :laughing:

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
A SH'der here would seal the deal. :hope:

LETS GO PENS!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Man these fans are so annoying. They are trying to buy a call every chance they get. Its hilarious actually wasting their breath!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Talbot has played one WOW of a game tonight. :applaudit: I like him on Geno's line.

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
FLUERY ANOTHER HUGE SAVE!!! His right leg stretch and he is just played lights out tonight!!!!

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
nice 7-10 splits by fleury!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Gotta LOVE the Flower tonight.

HometownGal
Great job by the PK and MAF! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

HometownGal
Under 3. HANG ON PENS! :hope:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Shutout for Fluery baby I feel it!

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Shutout for Fluery baby I feel it!

Empty Netter. You know, just for good measure. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
i love empty net goals!

steelpride12
GOOALLLL!! Dupuis with the empyty netter and it's all over boys and girl's Pens win it!!!!

HometownGal
YESSSS SIRRRR!!!! Dupuis with the empty netter seals the game! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

WAY TO GO PENS - GREAT GAME!!!

And MAF - you rocked in that net tonight! :hatsoff: :banana:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
PENS WINN!!! What a game tonight boys and girls! The Pens weathered the first period storm and tired these Habs out until Malkin scored in the third!

Fluery is my player of the game he made at least 3 HUGE saves tonight with his pads and just let nothing get in his way. He gave this team the chance to lead and win this one and anyone who bashes him can look at tonight's replay and BITE ME!

Pens lead the series 2 to 1 now baby and a that's now 7 straight road playoff wins! GO PENS GO!!!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
As I said earlier . . .

BITE ME HABS FANS. :upyours: :chuckle:

MAF Player of the Game - well deserved! :applaudit:

fansince'76
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
And the Pens take home ice advantage back! :thumbsup:

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Just watched Malkin's interview at the end and he just cracks me up. Poor kid get's nailed with question and his English is so sloppy I love it!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Damnit.. Malkin sucks so bad!! I can't believe he won this game for us tonight.. Burn him at the stake!!!

Yupp Malkin and Fluery both deserved to be traded ASAP please just a terrible effort! :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey do you Malkin haters have anything to say now? :chuckle:

X-Terminator
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
And of course, with me being so damn absent-minded lately, I missed the entire game on TV. :banging: I managed to listen to about a period and a half total on the radio in the car, and got home in time to see the empty netter.

This kind of victory showed exactly what makes the Pens so damn tough to beat in the postseason - they can beat you any way you want. Want to open up? They'll drop 6 on your poor goalie. Want to tighten things up? They'll ramp up their forechecking and clamp down defensively, and beat you 1-0. Other than the first period, they played the perfect road game - generated chances, solid defense, brilliant goaltending and timely goal scoring. A very, very good performance overall, but especially in the last 2 periods.

Home ice is ours once again. And to the Habs fans...please, go and eat some cake, and I ain't talking about the baked variety either. :chuckle:

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

steelpride12
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
And to top off my night after a Pens win! Watching Detroit lose and go down 3 to 0 in their series!

HometownGal
05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Yupp Malkin and Fluery both deserved to be traded ASAP please just a terrible effort! :chuckle:

Don't forget Sid and Staal too. They both totally suuuuuuck. :chuckle:

I totally loved the energy these guys put out there in the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight. They wore the Habs down, were on a mission and weren't going to be denied. Fleury was absolutely sick in goal tonight! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

I also think a huge kudos goes out to Coach Bylsma and most likely - Billy G - who I suspect came down to the locker room at the end of the first to have a chat with his teammates. :drink:

Pittsky
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
And to top off my night after a Pens win! Watching Detroit lose and go down 3 to 0 in their series!

:thumbsup:

:rofl:

steelerdude15
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Great to see the Pens and the Bucs win tonight. Another great night in Pittsburgh sports. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Just watched Malkin's interview at the end and he just cracks me up. Poor kid get's nailed with question and his English is so sloppy I love it!

I'm score!

I didn't get to see most of the game because we had a lot of errands to run tonight...but you should have seen me speed shopping for grocery's in between the 2nd and 3rd period. I'm the master.

Glad to see the Sharks knock the chickens down another notch. I hope they close that series out at the Joe. The whining on the Wings board is priceless.

Much harmony in the house tonight...twas a successful hockey evening.

WH
05-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Staal too.

:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Galax Steeler
05-05-2010, 05:10 AM

The Pens played well but the Red wings a loosing really made my night.:drink:

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Fleury finally found his GOD hat

"Malkin got the memo: 'Don't be average'".

Way to go Geno - the beast was on

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 05:42 AM
The Pens played well but the Red wings a loosing really made my night.:drink:

They choked, up 3-1 - it was hilarious - buh-bye 0-3

Die Wings Die

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2010/05/frozen_inside_050410_slide.jpg

Sharks/Canucks would be a helluva series

SteelMember
05-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Wow! Great game last night. Energy all around.

Fleury gets my number 1 star for his efforts. :hatsoff:

Although the stats show only 18 SOG by the habs, it certainly felt like a lot more. Especially that 1st period on the PK. He looked like he was getting peppered that entire 2 minutes. Some great, highlight saves throughout.

Nice laser by Geno. His favorite spot at the top right circle. Nice screen by Sid too. He did well to get out of the way at the last second. :thumbsup:

Great job, boys!

Keep it up.

LET'S GO PENS!

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Now time for our boy's to repeat the same effort in game 4. Fluery obviously need's to be stellar once again which he proved very well in game 3 and having Guerin back would be huge because he is great at disturbing the goalie and sitting in front of the net!
To take the series 3 to 1 would be huge and once again a second chance to finish it out at home!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Good to see Sid and the team don't have their head's up their asses and are still not going to be satisfied with any win until the series is over! Keep your minds straight boys!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=528141&navid=DL|NHL|home

Crosby happy with win, but not satisfied yet
Tuesday, 05.04.2010 / 11:04 PM / Penguins vs Canadiens - 2010 Stanley Cup Conference Semifinals
By Shawn P. Roarke - NHL.com Managing Editor
MONTREAL – Sidney Crosby was held off the scoreboard for a second-straight game by the Montreal Canadiens in Tuesday's Game 3. That doesn't mean the Pittsburgh captain didn't have an impact on Pittsburgh's 2-0 win that hands put the Penguins up 2-1 in their Eastern Conference Semifinal series.

Crosby drew a penalty on defenseman Hal Gill late in the second period that set up Evgeni Malkin's power-play goal 76 seconds into the third period. On that goal, Crosby was in the low slot, screening Montreal goalie Jaroslav Halak, who had stopped the first 17 shots he saw in the game. Crosby also won 13 of the 21 faceoffs he took and blocked a shot during 22 minutes and 17 seconds of action.

"I liked his game quite a bit both sides of the puck," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. "He does not get an assist on the goal but it's his work in the offensive zone that draws the penalty. It's playoff hockey and it's tight. They're playing some good defense and they're keying on him.

PENGUINS VS. CANADIENS

SERIES STATUS: PENGUINS LEAD 2-1

* GAME 1: PIT 6, MTL 3 | WATCH | PHOTOS
* GAME 2: MTL 3, PIT 1 | WATCH | PHOTOS
* GAME 3: PIT 2, MTL 0 | WATCH | PHOTOS
* GAME 4: May 6 @ MTL 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS
* GAME 5: May 8 @ PIT 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS
* *GAME 6: May 10 @ MTL 7:00 p.m. CBC, RDS, VERSUS
* *GAME 7: May 12 @ PIT TBD, CBC, RDS, VERSUS
* * Denotes if necessary All times Eastern

RELATED CONTENT:

* Malkin goes from frowns to smiles after goal
* Canadiens pay price for second period struggles
* Crosby happy with win, but not satisfied yet

SERIES ARCHIVE › COMPLETE PLAYOFF COVERAGE ›
"He was up to the task at both ends of the rink. I think he's pretty happy with the way he played, even though he didn't get a point.

Crosby was happy with his game, but he's not satisfied yet. After Tuesday night's game, he critiqued his play, talked about the brilliance of Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar in generating the game-winning goal and critiqued just how good Marc-Andre Fleury was in pitching a shutout against Montreal.

Q: You talked about the noise in this building this morning. Was it what you thought it would be and did it have an effect on you guys?

Crosby: I don't think that is something that affected the way we played. Early on, I think we were kind of more waiting for what they were going to do and how they were playing. We were expecting them to play with maybe a little stronger forecheck and maybe open things up a little bit. By that time, we got caught watching in the first and didn't start initiating until the second.

Q: What about Sergei Gonchar tonight as a leader on the power play?

Crosby: He's got patience and poise and all the things that make a great defenseman. He's the quarterback back there for us. He makes a lot of the plays happen and everything kind of goes through him. Whether he's getting a shot through or making those plays to set up other guys; when he is on, everyone is better for it. He made some great plays back there.

Q: Can you talk about the game Marc-Andre had? It always seems like he is one goal better than the other guy whether it is 5-4 or 1-0.

Crosby: That's a great trait for a goalie, no matter if it is 1-0 or 5-4 or when you have the lead. I think being on the road and the circumstances being the way they are, it's big for him to show up and be big in those crucial times -- and he's shown that time and time again. We are really lucky to have him and you know what, he made some big saves and we wouldn't have got a win without the way he played.

Q: Does it take a bit of a weight off this team's shoulders to win the first one in their barn and now really put it back in their court?

Crosby: It's good to get it. You don't want to sit on it or rest on the fact you are up 2-1. You just try to show up for the next one. But, it feels good to get that first one and now we have a great opportunity coming into the next one. I don't think we want to think about this one too much. We did some good things in the second and third and we want to continue that in the next one and see where that puts us.

Q: When you are struggling personally, do you try more to get back to some of the little things in the game to get going?

Crosby: It's playoff hockey. I'd be the first one to tell you I'd love to create a chance every shift, I'd love to score every game and set up guys. But sometimes the game doesn't dictate that as much as you would like or you don't get the bounces and you have to find other ways to be productive -- whether it's defensively, creating things for other guys or just being responsible. These are all things as a teammate and as a team that we are all responsible for. I don't accept the fact that I don't get chances. I'm going to try every shift. But, certainly, the other things that you do have to be that much more sharp in order to contribute and that's kind of your focus I think.

Q: Is it easier for this team to play patient hockey because of the experiences of last year?

Crosby: I don't know if last year has anything to do with it. There's just trust with our game and I think you build that during the regular season when you play teams and you see the result you get from playing the right way and you gain confidence that your teammates are going to do the right thing and help you out. That's just a trust thing within a team and hopefully something that builds as each game goes on.

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Well look at that! Staal practiced with the team today full gear and everything! We could see this guy back much sooner than I thought, what a serious athlete right there ladies and gents! :applaudit:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528179&cmpid=pit-fb-pghpenguins

Staal Practices Wednesday for First Time Since Game 1 Injury
Wednesday, 05.05.2010 / 11:37 AM / 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Coverage
By Sam Kasan
MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- Penguins center Jordan Staal practiced with his teammates for the first time since suffering an injury in Game 1 of the conference semifinals against the Montreal Canadiens.

Staal, who missed his first two games due to injury in his four-year career, suffered a laceration on his foot that required a surgical procedure and is listed as day-to-day. He took part in all the drills at the Bell Centre and appeared strong on his skates, no small feat considering he had surgery four days ago.

Staal missed the second half of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 after suffering the cut during a collision at the Montreal blue line with Habs blueliner PK Subban.

He skated gingerly for five minutes in warmups before the team's Game 3 morning skate on Tuesday afternoon.

"There were a few chuckles when I said he was day-to-day, but he is day-to-day," head coach Dan Bylsma said after the Game 3 skate. "He is progressing. He was on the ice for a short time without his gear on testing out his foot and his skate. He’ll remain day-to-day and doing well."

Staal has appeared in seven postseason games for the Penguins this spring, picking up four points (2G-2A). Prior to the injury he had played in 358 consecutive games including the postseason.

stlrtruck
05-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Good to hear that Staal is back in action (at least practice).

Any word on what happen to Guerin last night? The French-Canadian food getting to him?

I'd like to see the boys put this away in 5 and be done with the canadiens.

They definitely did a great job of weathering the storm last night in the first period, and Fleury bailed out the defense when they made some errant passes. I'd like to see more screens in front of Halak and a little more aggression in the offensive zone. I guess without Staal and Guerin, it's a little difficult to have the perfect game, but these are the times that they youngins need to step it up.

SteelCityMom
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Freaking unbelievable. Kid's tough as nails.

http://travelblog.portfoliocollection.com/FeaturedImage/iron%20man.jpg

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Good to hear that Staal is back in action (at least practice).

Any word on what happen to Guerin last night? The French-Canadian food getting to him?

I'd like to see the boys put this away in 5 and be done with the canadiens.

They definitely did a great job of weathering the storm last night in the first period, and Fleury bailed out the defense when they made some errant passes. I'd like to see more screens in front of Halak and a little more aggression in the offensive zone. I guess without Staal and Guerin, it's a little difficult to have the perfect game, but these are the times that they youngins need to step it up.

No word on Guerin. Pre and post game interviews with Bylsma just noted Undisclosed day to day, and yupp traffic is Staal's and Guerin's middle name and they do the best job at it IMO so there was a lack of that except on the Malkin goal!

Proves the quality this team has when Sid is off the score sheet and no Staal or Guerin and the Pens still wither a shutout great work! :thumbsup:

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
This just about made me shit myself saw it on Pensblog! :rofl:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/image001.jpg

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Fleury gets my number 1 star for his efforts. :hatsoff:

He is truly a God

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID32862/images/resized_0c87d223_8c49_4cc5_9f87_7931436e1057.jpg

Indo
05-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Flower's on FI-YAH!

EDIT:

Oh. And eff the Wings.
The OT goal by the Sharks was a Thing o' Beauty

WH
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Good job Frenchy, I was so proud of him last night.

Staal's really almost back. Tough as nails, when he doesn't have a puck on the end of his stick

(i can't stop)

SteelCityMom
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
New YLDG...and the last one that is free for the playoffs. You have to donate $1 (at least) per episode to Jim's beardathon to see the rest. Good luck to him!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqVt4EwX2FM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqVt4EwX2FM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indo
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
"I'm Score (finally)"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_images/fantasy/evgeni-malkin.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5716/sz7ssnnr9.jpg

(whose the chickie? And was this Consensual? He hasn't been to Georgia lately, has he?)

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Did you notice? That same SI issue on Ben has a nice read on Sid - the anti-Ben.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2010/0510_large.jpg

Alone At The Top

In the last year, Sidney Crosby has won a Stanley Cup and an Olympic gold medal and surpassed his biggest rival. But at 22, the world's best player is just getting started

MICHAEL FARBER

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169156/1/index.htm

Sidney Crosby loves to fish. Almost every summer evening he drops a line into Grand Lake, in a sylvan setting 40 minutes from his boyhood home in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Crosby enjoys the solitude as much as the fishing, which is hardly surprising for a Canadian idol. In his country, hockey heroes are caught but never released. The bass and pickerel are among the few creatures north of the 49th parallel that don't have the faintest idea who he is.

"He can be out there for hours," says his father, Troy Crosby, "and not catch a thing." The fishing on the lake is spotty in summer. If Sidney wants to land, say, a big striper, he should be out on the lake or casting off his dock right now. But as is his custom, he is professionally engaged at the moment. When they reach Game 4 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series against Montreal on Thursday, the Penguins, tied with the Canadiens at a game apiece after a 3--1 loss at home on Sunday, will play their 300th match of the past three seasons. This is shaping up to be another extended Pittsburgh spring. Like a vain man's 39th birthday, the conference final is an annual event for the Penguins.

The primary reason for this, of course, is Crosby. Since he and Alexander Ovechkin entered the NHL together in 2005--06, the question has been: Who's better, Sid or Ovie? The answer, until further notice, arrived last week when Crosby took a commanding lead in playoff scoring, while Ovechkin failed to carry Washington past the upstart Canadiens. (The astonishing loss by the Presidents' Trophy winners—who frittered away a 3--1 series lead—was due not to a failure of will by Ovechkin but to a lack of imagination: Crosby's grand rival and measuring stick repeatedly scooted into the offensive zone, then swerved into the middle to look for a shot. He never seemed to consider driving wide to generate offense.)

While the Capitals sorted through the day-after wreckage last Thursday, Crosby joined teammates Jay McKee, Jordan Staal and Max Talbot for a postpractice round of miniature golf. "Who won?" Talbot repeats. "Sid." He pauses. "Obviously."

"Best player in the world? Yeah," Montreal defenseman Josh Gorges said of Crosby on the eve of the series, and he wasn't referring to putt-putt golf. "[Crosby and Ovechkin] are both really good, but Crosby's better at using the players around him. Great vision. Not only can he score, like he proved this year"—his 51 goals tied for the NHL regular-season lead—"but he passes the puck better than anybody. He makes plays: behind his back, drop passes. You sit in the stands, and you don't even see the possibilities. You wonder how he sees them. As a defenseman you try to force him to make plays he doesn't want to make. If you allow him to make the plays he wants, he'll burn you."

The Canadiens were the Crosby family team. Montreal drafted Troy, a goaltender, in the 12th round in 1984. Sidney ... well, he adored the bleu, blanc et rouge like so many other kids in the Maritime Provinces. In his bedroom hung not only a poster of Mario Lemieux but also one of Canadiens captain Kirk Muller. ("When my daughters heard that," says Muller, now a Montreal assistant coach, "it raised their opinion of Dad.") Sidney's room was also decorated with Canadiens-themed wallpaper.

The only thing that has changed is that now Crosby wallpapers Canadiens. Fifteen minutes into Game 1 last Friday he ran over Gorges, who 24 hours earlier had been worried about being burned when he should have been concerned about being flattened. This was a fair fight: Crosby, 5'11" and 200 pounds, is two inches shorter but only two pounds lighter than Gorges.

And so Crosby said an emphatic hello to the second round. During Pittsburgh's systematic 6--3 win he would pickpocket Montreal center Scott Gomez along the boards and set up Kris Letang for a goal; make a surgical cross-seam pass to Alex Goligoski for another of Pittsburgh's four power-play scores; and engage in an unpenalized cross-checking duel with former Penguin Hal Gill, a big galoot of a defenseman who has eight inches and 50 pounds on him. Crosby also suffered a nasty gash on his chin, courtesy of an inadvertent high stick from Dominic Moore in the second period, but given some fancy needlepoint and the benefit of two television timeouts, he missed no more than five minutes on the game clock. "Give some credit to [the doctors]," said Crosby, whose wound, amid tufts of a struggling playoff beard, only slightly compromised the boyishness of his boy-band mug. "I think there were two of them."

The summary: three hits, one blocked shot, two assists and an unspecified number of stitches in 21:08. (When pressed for the number of sutures, Crosby said he had no idea. Hockey players always say that.) Although he was held without a point in Game 2, he ended the weekend with a playoff average of 2.0 points per game. If the Penguins go deep in four series and Crosby maintains a similar pace, he could break Wayne Gretzky's playoff record of 47 points, set in the giddy 1984--85 season, in which the goals-per-game season average was 7.77 compared with the slender 5.53 of 2009--10.

Crosby's points are less achievements than signposts en route to perhaps another championship. Last June he became the youngest captain of a Cup winner. Now he can win his second trophy before the age of 23. (Gretzky was 24 when he won the second of his four Cups.) Like a classic type A personality Crosby, who has also won an MVP and a scoring title, keeps scratching off items on his virtual to-do list.

• Shoot more. Check. Crosby, who had not taken more than 250 shots in a season since his rookie year, took 298 this season, fifth in the NHL. The extra shots translated into a goal bonanza, a leap from a previous best of 39. "Scoring 50 was a goal of mine, for sure, but that wasn't about me," Crosby says. "I thought last year as the season went on that if I had shot a little more, it might have opened things up [for teammates]."

• Improve on face-offs. Yep, did that. Crosby, who had a career face-off percentage of 49.6 before 2009--10, won 55.9% of his draws this season, 11th best in the league. Through Sunday his 57.0 playoff face-off percentage ranked sixth.

• Win an Olympic gold medal. Big check there. Of course to do it, he had to score the overtime winner against the U.S. in Vancouver.

• Conn Smythe Trophy? "I don't want to get too specific, but the Conn Smythe [for playoff MVP] usually goes to a member of the winning team," Crosby says. "So I'd like to be in that position."

"He's like Michael Jordan," Penguins fourth-liner Craig Adams says. "I don't know how many years it was into Jordan's career, but one day he decides he wants to play defense and goes out and wins the NBA's best defensive player award. When Sid puts his mind to it and works at something, he can do it. People were waiting for him to win his first Cup. Then there was the pressure to win the Olympics at home, and he scores the goal. Maybe some of the pressure's off now, but I'm not worried about him taking a breather."

"If the Olympics changed him at all, it relaxed him," Bill Guerin, his right wing, says. "Some guys in sports carry the pressure of leading a really good team. Some carry the weight of a whole city. He had the weight of a country on his back. The gold was a relief. But with Sid it's like, O.K., I did it; now let's move on."

Crosby's Olympics-winning goal already ranks among the greatest in the 135-year history of the sport, but after a country of 34 million hockey coaches exhaled, "Sidney came back, shook everyone's hand, accepted congratulations and was ready for the next game," Pittsburgh assistant coach Tony Granato says. He did not miss a Penguins match. He did not even blow off an optional practice. (Ovechkin, centerpiece of the Russian team that was humiliated by Canada in the Olympic quarterfinals 7--3, skipped the Capitals' optional skate on the morning of Game 7 against Montreal. Just sayin'.)

The toll of Being Sidney Crosby was apparent after the Olympic fortnight—in the first 13 games after Vancouver he scored only three goals and endured a goalless streak of seven matches—but he scored six in Pittsburgh's final seven games before embarking on a playoff series that gilded his reputation. In a six-game dismissal of Ottawa in the first round he had five goals, nine assists and two fistfuls of YouTube moments, although Crosby thinks he did his best work—eight goals and five assists—in the seven-game win over the Capitals in the 2009 conference semis. (Guerin: "Probably. He was really focused there. Wrapped up." Because he was facing Ovechkin? "Absolutely.") Yet there were grace notes in the Senators series that previously had not been apparent. In Game 2 Crosby sprawled to sweep the puck off the goal line and bail out goalie Marc-André Fleury. (Win Norris Trophy. Check.) And he dazed Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson with a seismic hit in Game 3. (Morph into big-hitting Hall of Fame defenseman Scott Stevens. Check.)

But, as in most great action movies, the highlight was the chase scene. This one lasted 13 seconds in real time, but it will run on Crosby top 10 reels for eternity. While being pursued by Jason Spezza behind the net in the third period of Game 2, Crosby wheeled and doubled back—twice—while at one point fighting off the Senators' center with one arm and controlling the puck with one hand on his stick. The only thing missing was a fast-forward button and that zippy music from the old Benny Hill Show. The pursuit finally ended when, from his knees at the right face-off circle, Crosby fed Letang at the point for the winning power-play goal. "The first couple of years I was always like, Wow! when I saw him do something like that," Talbot says. "Now it's just, Good job, Sid. That play was [the equivalent] of me chipping the puck [out of the zone]. Nice chip, Max. For him it's, Nice dipsy, dipsy, dipsy doodle, Sid."

Crosby has the turning radius of a Mini Cooper because of a skating technique known as Ten and Two. He has the uncommon ability to skate with his left foot pointing to 10 o'clock and his right skate pointing to 2, a vaguely Chaplinesque position that enhances mobility in tight quarters. "Sid actually went about a quarter to three on that one," says former NHL player Phil Bourque, the Penguins' radio analyst. "The advantage with Ten and Two is you don't have to stop. You can roll off guys. While most guys glide, Sid's lower-body strength is such that he can actually propel himself, push off when his feet are open. He's almost a freak of nature."

After the behind-the-net romp with Spezza, Penguins general manager Ray Shero asked Lemieux, the team's co-owner, "You ever do that with your feet?"

Lemieux replied, "Are you kidding me? With my hips? Nowhere close."

While Gretzky made the fallow area behind the goal his office—two feet one way, two feet the other, banking pucks to himself off the back of the net, finding open sticks—Crosby employs Ten and Two to make that space a rec room, spinning offense out of quick bursts of skating.

The Stanley Cup, Olympic gold, now the separation from Ovechkin ... everything has gone Crosby's way over the past 12 months. But, he says, "I don't work any less hard because we won last year. The results aren't guaranteed. At times you have to catch yourself and realize it's not always going to be like that. You've still got stuff to learn."

In Crosby's compact world, there are always bigger fish to fry.

WH
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Has the Pittsburgh media started to make up a rift between them yet? Like side taking?

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Screw the Pittsburgh press - the canucks TSN is the place for hockey news.

STAAL SKATES WITH PENGUINS FIVE DAYS AFTER FOOT SURGERY

MONTREAL -- Pittsburgh Penguins centre Jordan Staal has never been in this position before, so perhaps he doesn't know what a normal rehabilitation period actually is.

When Staal missed Games 2 and 3 of the Penguins' Eastern Conference semifinal with the Montreal Canadiens due to a severed tendon in his right foot, it was the first time in his four-year career that an injury forced him out of the lineup.

On Wednesday, only five days after undergoing a surgical procedure to repair the foot, Staal was back on the ice skating with his Penguins teammates at the Bell Centre.

"I obviously haven't had that feeling in a long time where you're not playing, and it's not a fun feeling," Staal said after his near hour-long skate. "You want to get back as soon as you can no matter what, whether there is pain involved or not. It's always a good feeling to get back with the guys and back skating."

If it were up to him, he would not only be skating at an optional practice, but he'd be in the lineup for Thursday night's Game 4 showdown.

"(The practice) was more about just staying out there as long as I can and not feeling that it's getting worse," Staal said. "That was a good thing, it wasn't really getting any worse. It's still up to the coaches, doctors and trainers, but I'm feeling great."

Staal skated quite gingerly when he first joined the optional practice with 12 of his teammates. He was clearly favouring the right foot that was cut by the skate of Montreal Canadiens rookie P.K. Subban in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series last Friday.

The Penguins did some light drills for about a half hour before having a four-on-four scrimmage on a shortened rink four the next 25 minutes. Staal looked more comfortable as the practice went on, particularly in the simulated game situation.

Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma very nearly said afterwards that Staal would be a possibility for Game 4, but caught himself just in time.

"Judging by the end of his practice I was a lot more comfortable with how he was skating than when he first got out there," Bylsma said. "If he can skate like that, depending how he feels tomorrow morning, there's a possibility that he'll still be day to day."

Considering the pain threshold the Staal family appears to have, it's anyone's guess whether or not he could play in Game 4.

The only NHL game Staal has ever missed came as a rookie, when he was scratched while recovering from the flu. Missing Game 2 snapped his streak of 358 consecutive games played.

That seemingly hereditary ability to disregard pain may not seem that impressive to Jordan Staal himself, but seeing him on the ice Wednesday provided a good dose of inspiration for his teammates.

"Whether he's back right away or not, just seeing him on the ice is a great sign for us and especially for him," Sidney Crosby said. "It was pretty scary a few days ago."

Indeed, when Staal hobbled off the ice midway through the second period on Friday, he realized immediately he was in trouble.

"I obviously knew it was not just a cut," Staal said. "So I went straight to the hospital, had a little surgery, went home and had a good sleep."

Staal sat and watched his teammates lose 3-1 to the Canadiens on home ice in Game 2, and the experience was so gut-wrenching for him he decided he would try to sneak his way into some skates.

"(Tuesday) morning I kind of threw it out there just to see what they'd say," Staal said. "They kind of shrugged their shoulders and said, `Why not?"'

Staal took a quick, five-minute spin around the Bell Centre ice at Tuesday's morning skate in a track suit, then went for the fully geared-up practice Wednesday.

"It's kind of one big blob down there," Staal said when asked to specify the location of his pain. "I just have to get through it."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320649

WH
05-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Subban's a little prick. I wish this weren't the playoffs so they could bring goddard in to eff him up.

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
That Malkin picture with him making out is priceless! The SI cover not so much. Ben has just been one big embarrassment shoot I can't wait till he just returns!

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Malkin is a playboy!

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/Russian_hockey_player_903f.jpg

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 07:13 PM
That's his sister!! Come on now.. Stick with the game...

Hehe my bad sorry sometimes I get amused very easily!

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I told you we should have kept Satan - he shoots he scooooooooooooooooooorsss

Wild start to Flyers/Boston in Philly......3 goals in 3 minutes or something

Flyers get first goal and crowd goes wild......Philly can't skate for shit and keeps going for the big hit - Boston scores 2 real quick.

Fans frowning....I love it.

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I told you we should have kept Satan - he shoots he scooooooooooooooooooorsss

Wild start to Flyers/Boston in Philly......3 goals in 3 minutes or something

Flyers get first goal and crowd goes wild......Philly can't skate for shit and keeps going for the big hit - Boston scores 2 real quick.

Fans frowning....I love it.

I wish this series would go 6 or 7 games though I want Boston to be beat to hell for our series, but at the same time seeing the Crying get crushed is even better! :thumbsup:

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Cryers and Wings down 0-3 in their series Im liking this!

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I want Boston to be beat to hell for our series

They lost another body tonight - Philly is good for that

and the Philly fans boo their weak team out of the barn - ha ha!

Satan and Recchi job the Flyers

X-Terminator
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
In fairness to the Orange Thugs from Philthy, they are missing 3 key players in Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter and Ian Laperriere. They just don't have enough firepower without Gagne and Carter, and Laperriere is a major part of their 3rd line and a great PK'er.

That said, eff 'em, and I hope they get swept so that I can laugh at their sorry asses all summer long! :rofl:

SteelCityMom
05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
GOTCHA... I have no clue who that is.. lol :sofunny:

I'm guessing it's his Russian tart girlfriend Oksana

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk426/NHLHockeyPlayers/Evgeni%20Malkin/Miscellaneous/getImage89.jpg
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/malkin.jpg

steelpride12
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
man I wish I was Russian! :chuckle:

Godfather
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
In fairness to the Orange Thugs from Philthy, they are missing 3 key players in Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter and Ian Laperriere. They just don't have enough firepower without Gagne and Carter, and Laperriere is a major part of their 3rd line and a great PK'er.

That said, eff 'em, and I hope they get swept so that I can laugh at their sorry asses all summer long! :rofl:

I'm torn. Part of me likes seeing the Hated Flyers get pimp slapped, but on the other hand it would have been soooooooooo much fun to send them to the golf course for the third straight year :rofl:

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Don't get me wrong - I have no love for the Bees and hell yes I wish we could play the Flyers next - but watching the Flyers fans streaming out to leave when there were 3 minutes left, booing their team the whole way. has it's special tee-vee appeal

I hate orange

Shea
05-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Wings and Flyers are in some serious doodage right now. Ha! Me likey.

I don't ever remember hearing a crowd boo so much as the Philly fans were tonight. :sofunny:

I'm just disappointed a fan didn't make their way onto the ice so that their ass could be tasered.:rocket:

That would have been awesome!

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
My nipples get hard whenever you mention "doodage".

GBMelBlount
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm guessing it's his Russian tart girlfriend Oksana

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk426/NHLHockeyPlayers/Evgeni%20Malkin/Miscellaneous/getImage89.jpg
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/malkin.jpg

Mail order?

I wonder what the postage would be on something like that?

Shea
05-05-2010, 11:22 PM
My nipples get hard whenever you mention "doodage".

:drool::hug::heart::lust::love::naughty:

PM me NOW!

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes dear

Fire Haley
05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Mail order?

I wonder what the postage would be on something like that?

duh - if you have to ask - you can't afford it

but I have a friend in Roosha that has a nice sister...I give you her number

WH
05-06-2010, 01:26 AM
i think the Pens will eat Boston alive if they get passed Montreal.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 01:41 AM
This is awesome watching Shea and Killer get intimate!

Fire Haley
05-06-2010, 01:49 AM

I promise I never bought her a drink - - - I lead a pure life

X-Terminator
05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
New "History will be made" commercial starring Flower:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528191

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:34 AM
New "History will be made" commercial starring Flower:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528191

I loved it! :thumbsup:

SteelMember
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM

I'm glad they've stopped fighting... but now it seems to be "make-up" time. :chuckle:

Get a (cyber) room!!

:laughing:

LET'S GO PENS!!!

X-Terminator
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Both Staal and Guerin are practicing as we speak, so we should know later on if one or both will be able to go tonight.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Both Staal and Guerin are practicing as we speak, so we should know later on if one or both will be able to go tonight.

I don't see Staal going unless we are down in the series or desperately in need of him until next series, but Guerin coming back would be great for our traffic presence.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks like Staal has a better chance of playing tonight before Guerin who is likely out and now Rupp is questionable with an injury.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528255&cmpid=pit-fb-pghpenguins

1:32 PM:
Here are the highlights and comments from Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma's media conference today at Bell Centre:

- Jordan Staal is a game-time decision
- Bill Guerin is probably out with a likely return on Saturday for Game 5
- Mike Rupp is questionable due to undisclosed reasons

Fire Haley
05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
They must have something good in the water up in Thunder Bay

Indo
05-06-2010, 05:13 PM
They must have something good in the water up in Thunder Bay

I once dated a girl from Thunder Bay.
Her car had a plug coming out of the engine block--

As best I can tell, humans weren't meant to live in places where your car needs to be plugged in to keep the engine from freezing...

WH
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
that may be true, but if that's the case, we wouldn't have hot swedish bikini models now, would we?

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
One hour till game time! :thumbsup:

LET'S GO PENS!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Crosby nominated for the Ted Lindsay Award!

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528320

Crosby Nominated for The Ted Lindsay Award
Thursday, 05.06.2010 / 5:56 PM / 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Coverage
NHL.com
The members of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association and the National Hockey League Players' Association are in agreement -- Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby and Henrik Sedin were the three best players of the 2009-10 season.

On Thursday, the NHLPA announced the trio as finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award, presented annually to the "Most Outstanding Player" in the NHL as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA.

The same three are finalists for the Hart Trophy, awarded "to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team" as selected by the PHWA.

The NHLPA introduced the Ted Lindsay Award last week, and it takes the place of the Lester B. Pearson Award, which was first handed out in 1970-71 and was named in honor of the 14th Prime Minister of Canada (1963-68). The new trophy honors Hockey Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay, a player known for his skill, tenacity and leadership, as well as his role in establishing the original Players' Association.

The award will be presented at the 2010 NHL Awards in Las Vegas on June 23.

Ovechkin won the last two Pearson Awards, and Crosby took the honor in 2006-07.

Sedin, Crosby and Ovechkin finished 1-2-3 in the NHL scoring race, respectively, and Crosby and Ovechkin are two of only three players to have scored at least 50 goals in 2009-10 (Steven Stamkos of Tampa Bay being the other).

Crosby appeared in 81 games for the Penguins, totaling 109 points and a career-high 51 goals, which earned him a share of the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy.

Ovechkin played in only 72 games for Washington, but reached 50 goals and 100 points for the third consecutive season and fourth time in five NHL seasons. He finished with 50 and 109, respectively. Should he be selected the Lindsay Award winner, he would join Guy Lafleur and Wayne Gretzky as the only players to win the honor three consecutive seasons.

Sedin appeared in all 82 games for the Canucks and scored a League-high 112 points on 29 goals and 83 assists, all career bests. He set several franchise scoring records in 2009-10.

The NHLPA also launched the 2009-10 Ted Lindsay Award Contest on its Web site, NHLPA.com. Fans are encouraged to select the Ted Lindsay Award recipient just like the players do. A random draw will take place June 24, following the 2010 NHL Awards in Las Vegas, to determine the grand-prize winner, as well as the second- and third-place finishers.

To honor the history of the "Most Outstanding Player" award, an NHLPA Goals & Dreams equipment donation will be made in Lester B. Pearson's name to a Canadian youth hockey organization, which will be selected together with members of the Pearson family. Launched in November 1999, NHLPA Goals & Dreams was created as a way for players to give back to the game they love, and has donated more than $18 million worldwide to grassroots hockey programs.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
And Staal IS playing tonight on the 4th line with Rupp and Adams and will be on the PK, word's cannot explain what an athlete this kid is!

Fire Haley
05-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Staal must have the winning goal.

It would be perfect

WH
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
What's the difference between the best and the MVP?

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:14 PM
What's the difference between the best and the MVP?

It's the most outstanding apposed to the MVP.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Fluery gives up one BADDDD looking goal ouch! Weird angle and this period looks the same as game 3 no offense for the Pens, but all Montreal.

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Woooo!!! Talbot!

Tie game now!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
GOOOALLLLLLL!!! Suban falls down and Talbot on a partial break away goes 5 hole and ties this game up 1 to 1!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Great push from Dupuis and the Pens are getting their first PP of the game!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Holy crap! 2-1 now Pens.

Kunitz on a PP goal! GO PENS!!!!

Cry Habs fans Cry!!!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:21 PM
GOOOALLLLL!!!! On the PP a pass from behind the net and Kunitz fan's on it and hits off Suban into the net. 2 to 1 Pens!
LET"S GO PENS!

WH
YEAH!!!

the 2nd goal will stand, i'm 100 percent sure.

SteelCityMom
That's a good goal...he never kicked it. If they overturn that it's crap!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
IT"S A GOOD GOAL! 2 to 1 PENS BABY!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Good call Toronto...play on boys!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Staal comes out and already get's a shot Im loving his presence already!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:26 PM
OH MAN! Malkin so so close to scoring off a steal right in front of the net wow the Pens have really made this Habs team look out of sort!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:29 PM
After the Habs goal it's been 8 to 1 scoring chances for the Pens now that's our Pens!

WH
05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I think Emerick is my second favorite sports announcer. Despite that he gets a little campy at times, he's very talented.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Fluery amazing save on Gomez!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes Habs fans...lets go nuts over an obvious slashing call. LOL.

What a first period! Went almost too quickly.

They're going to wear the Habs down big time if they can keep up this intensity.

Pens PP to start the 2nd.

steelpride12
What a period from our Pens! Leading 2 to 1, would be better but Fluery did give up an easy goal, but made a few great saves to make up for it. The Pens are quadrupling the Habs in shots and are just causing confusing and turnovers!:popcorn:

Great start and the 2nd period begins with a PP for our Pens. Let's keep the pressure up and we will walk out of here with the W. :thumbsup:
GO PENS GO!!!

HometownGal
Hey guys! :drink:

I'm too tired to read who scored, so please fill me in. :banana:

Indo
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Talbot and Kunitz

Flower gave up a cheap goal and then has played lights out since

Indo
05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Die Cryers Die

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Talbot and Kunitz

Flower gave up cheap goal and then has played lights out since

Many thanks! :drink:

Sounds like I missed one helluva first period. Keep wearing the Habs down I say!

Indo
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Yep
Sid, Geno, Staal all had close shots

And we start the 2nd with a PP!

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
is it just me or does anyone else think of HTG when they see charissa thompson on versus doing the mid-period player interviews? :wink:

:lust: :naughty: :hug:

i was almost certain the pens would get screwed w/ that 2nd goal review even though it was a pretty obvious rebound and not a kick.

good to be wrong. :jammin:

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
The ChickenWIngs are up 2-0 on the Sharks in the first though...boooo! Go Sharks! Finish them!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
OH LETANG!! Had a wide open net and couldn't pull the trigger shoot!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Fluery great save on Moen!

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Do the Habs fans boo if one of the Pens even looks in one of their player's direction? :rolleyes: :jerkit:

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Do the Habs fans boo if one of the Pens even looks in one of their player's direction? :rolleyes: :jerkit:

They never shut those traps. I love just when the boo Sid or chant Fluery's name it only fires them up more!

Indo
05-06-2010, 08:07 PM
They're not Booing...

They're Cheering, "SID! SID!"

Can't you tell?

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow wing's up 4 to 0 and all goals from Franzen all in the first!

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Dead Things up 4-0 in the first and all 4 goals were scored by Franzen.

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow wing's up 4 to 0 and all goals from Franzen all in the first!

It's scary how much on the same page we always are in this thread. :drink: :chuckle:

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM
First PK coming for the Pens Staal will be a huge help!

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Shit. Habs going on the PP. :banging:

Got to step up here PK. :hope:

Indo
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey

Did anyone notice the Wings are up by 4 ?:wink02:

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
First PK coming for the Pens Staal will be a huge help!

Staal not on the 1st line PP...he won't see much time on it tonight. Maybe on 2nd line some.

HometownGal
Atta boy Serg! :applaudit:

I'm soooooo glad to see Jordan back on the ice! :applaudit:

steelpride12
Staal already looks like he is 100% and this is just plain scary!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:14 PM
AHH Sid Steals and a nice pass, but Halak was ready, great PK though boys!

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Both teams really bringing it in this period thus far. Keep up with the pressure Pens.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Malkin is straight flying out there tonight and even Orpik pinching in a few times and looking good! Keep up the pressure boys!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:20 PM
The Pens pressure tonight is so strong the turnover's are piling up on the Hab's side and we will wear them out!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Sid is just such an amazing defense men as well down there helping to clear it out of the zone and have time to get into the attacking zone!

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Holy cannoli - those guys are all playing at such an intense level! I'd love to see another Pens goal before the period ends. :hope:

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 08:29 PM
SOG are 25-9 in favor of the Pens lol. That's just insane.

HometownGal
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
OMG just watching the intensity of that 2nd period made me even more tired than I already am! :jawdrop:

Got to keep up that intensity in the 3rd and wear the Habs down. :hope:

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey another great period! Pittsburgh add's another 10 shots on goal and the pressure is still to attack and they are creating strong turnover's and Halak is playing strong, but having the lead helps!

Keep this up in the third period and the Habs will be forced to take chances and the Pens will capitalize! Also Fkluery has really rebound since that soft goal. Not many shot's, but a few nice saves!
GO PENS GO!

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 08:36 PM
SOG are 25-9 in favor of the Pens lol. That's just insane. almost the entire game seems like theyve been on PP.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:37 PM
almost the entire game seems like theyve been on PP.

The scary part is it's still a game and the Pens need to keep this punishment up!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Habs score on a wrap around and just like in the Caps series one team dominates, but the score sure doesn't agree. 2 to 2.

HometownGal
DAMN!!!!! :banging:

Pens have to answer here.

SteelCityMom
Ugggghhh...Habs score and game is all tied up again.

Gotta get bodies in front of Halak, no more of this shooting from far away crap.

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
The scary part is it's still a game !

:dang: too true.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Here we go now I don't see any offense out of the Pens, we need to answer!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
3 to 2 Habs and this is just one big mess right now! Dammit! Off Letang and can you believe this one!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Annnnddd...they score again.

Not looking good right now, gotta get it together guys.

DO NOT WANT A TIED SERIES!

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 08:53 PM
dang, letang :dang:

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:54 PM
ANDD Pens going on the PK just exploding now in the third period ugh not good not good!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm about to shut this game off.

PP for the Habs.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:55 PM
All playing in the Habs hands not this is their game and in the third, not the best time to do this.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok PP for the Pens so we will play 4 on 4 and some attack time for the Pens. WE MUST TIE THIS UP SOON!

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
COME ON GUYS!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
PP is on!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Ahh we can't lose this one boys ATTACK!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Ok im nervous!

steelpride12
Alright baby another PP for our boys coming up this is where they must answer! GO PENS!

SteelCityMan786
Come on guys, SCORE ON THE POWER PLAY!!!!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:05 PM
HOW DID HALAK MAKE THAT SAVE! Here we go again Caps series!!!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Ugggghhhh....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Drkh0YLF8rI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Drkh0YLF8rI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

COME ON!!!!

SteelCityMan786
HOW DID HALAK MAKE THAT SAVE! Here we go again Caps series!!!

No one should have said this series was going to be easy.

I said this to people before, if Halak was on his game, it was going to be 6-7 games, if he wasn't 4-5.

steelpride12
Nothing on the PP with 9 min. left...

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Alright boy's keep bringing that pressure!

WH
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
This sucks.

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Halak has to break again.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Offense need's to come alive and soon!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
5 minutes to go....uggghhhh!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh Halak just has to get hot as the game goes on. 5 min. left!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice unscreened shot on Halak there...

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Screens!

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice unscreened shot on Halak there...

Someone needs to hound him as quick as possible.

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Habs have gone from 9 shots in 2 periods to 21 shots on goal now. Unfreakingbelievable.

SteelCityMom
MOTHER!@^&^#*^@&%&*^#*&

That is all....

steelpride12
DAMMIT!!!!!! Geno breakaway stoned, im not surprised!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
1:23 left if we could get a second of puck control Fluery can get pulled COME ON!

SteelCityMan786
DAMMIT!!!!!! Geno breakaway stoned, im not surprised!

He was tripped. There should have been a Penalty Shot.

SteelCityMom
So mad that they sat back and let the Habs come back hard in this game. Not a good night at all all around.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Nevermind were just going to get out played in our zone so they can run the clock out.

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, series tied 2-2 now...

No more words.

Except I probably wouldn't be as angry about losing to the Habs if their fans weren't giant D-bags.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
And we fall. A game that needed to be won and should have been over. 2 to 2 the series. At least were heading back home if that's a good thing or not. Well 6 to 7 games it's going to take, Habs Cinderella story still alive...

2 to 2 series tied.

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
damn.

tough game... tougher loss.

that last shot that went in of letang was pure lucky garbage.

best 2 of 3. :tt02:

WH
05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
good game, sucks they lost. Halak is damn good. I'm sick of hearing his name, but whatever. They'll still get them.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Series is tied it's like starting 0 to 0 boys just gotta win 2 starting at home. GO PENS!

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:26 PM
good game, sucks they lost. Halak is damn good. I'm sick of hearing his name, but whatever. They'll still get them.

I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think they still can...but they're not keeping the pressure on enough.

Somehow the Habs seem to have this knack for winning while being pinned in their own zone for 3/4 of a game. Pens aren't going to get a leg up on Halak until they start screening him again and crashing the net like in game one. They've gotten away from that and it's played right into the Habs hands.

X-Terminator
05-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Halak is the story again. The Pens dominated the first 2 periods and he kept the Habs in it long enough for them to get a couple of breaks and win the game.

Fleury gives up 2 goals that just cannot happen. As brilliant as he was Tuesday, he gets the goat tonight.

Oh well, best of 3. Pens got to defend their turf.

EDIT: Malkin has to be the worst superstar player I have ever seen on breakaways. As soon as he got it, I knew he'd get stopped. I can't believe he's this bad with all of the talent he has.

SteelCityMom
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Now I know there's something really wrong tonight.

Pens lose game 4 after being up 26-9 in SOG after 2 periods and the Pirates are winning 11-1.

Bad juju I tell ya.

steelpride12
Halak is the story again. The Pens dominated the first 2 periods and he kept the Habs in it long enough for them to get a couple of breaks and win the game.

Fleury gives up 2 goals that just cannot happen. As brilliant as he was Tuesday, he gets the goat tonight.

Oh well, best of 3. Pens got to defend their turf.

EDIT: Malkin has to be the worst superstar player I have ever seen on breakaways. As soon as he got it, I knew he'd get stopped. I can't believe he's this bad with all of the talent he has.

Yupp it's a must win at home. We struggle there as it is in the playoff's and that is one must win coming up Saturday.

I think the Pens other than Sid and Talbot on his goal are just a bad breakaway team, but yes Malkin the most. For the goal scoring talent he has when it comes to a breakaway he just fails.

Like you said best of three.
GO PENS!

stlrtruck
The announcer on VS was right, the PENS were playing not to lose! They should have been just as aggressive throughout the third as they were the first two periods. Fleury giving up those two gift goals definitely doesn't help either!

Best of 3! I don't feel like shaving the CHOPS just yet!

OneForTheToe
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh well, best two out of three. Not like we haven't been here before. Tonight's game theme is simply stated that, if you dominate a team in the game and not on the score board early, you will lose late. It happens in football and basketball as well. Got to put them away when you have the chance.

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
The announcer on VS was right, the PENS were playing not to lose! They should have been just as aggressive throughout the third as they were the first two periods. Fleury giving up those two gift goals definitely doesn't help either!

Best of 3! I don't feel like shaving the CHOPS just yet!

I'm not ready for this year to end.

I am pissed as hell about this game. They don't execute on Offense and played way too much in the defensive zone. The game was theirs for the taking, and the blew it. THIS GAME MAKES ME WANT TO.........:banging::banging::banging::banging::ba nging:

Ok now that I have released my anger that I had my system I can now just relax.

ONE AT A TIME, TAKE IT PENS!!!!

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Pens have learned one thing and I know they will use it to their advantage in game 5, they need to attack for 3 straight periods 60 minutes of offense and attacking. Sitting back will lose you with game and it did tonight. We will win at home.

X-Terminator
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
This, BTW, is why you play for home ice advantage during the season. If the Pens cannot hold serve in their building, then they deserve to lose. That said, I think they will win on Saturday and close it out Monday.

steelpride12
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
This, BTW, is why you play for home ice advantage during the season. If the Pens cannot hold serve in their building, then they deserve to lose. That said, I think they will win on Saturday and close it out Monday.

Agreed! Def. calling the win at home:thumbsup:

steelerdude15
05-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Sad to see the Pens lose tonight. :frown: Letang didn't seem to be in the right frame of mind for some of it, but good puck control for the most part and they had plenty of shots. Fleury also made some great saves. Hopefully the Pens can win the next two and head off into the Eastern Finals... only time will tell! Let's Go Pens! :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
05-07-2010, 05:04 AM
My gosh I thought we had this one in the bag. we can't keep loosing games like this when we were in control most of the game.:banging:

WH
05-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Frenchy was showing his inconsistentcy tonight.

HometownGal
05-07-2010, 06:02 AM
This series is playing out just as I thought it would. I felt all along that we would split in Montreal in Games 3-4 and win it in 6 and I still believe we will. The Pens didn't seem to play with the intensity in the 3rd as they did in the 1st and 2nd periods. On the other side of the fence, the Habs brought it in the 3rd and played a damned good period. Halak was a brick wall in goal but I'm not going to say he is God-like, as we have shown that we can get to him. Pens need to play their game for 60 minutes on Saturday night and again back in Montreal and finish this thing up. Though the Habs are no slouches, the Pens are the all around better team imho.

LETS GO PENS!

Fire Haley
05-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Every time they lead off with a story about how great Fleury is he shits the bed.

I'm still pissed they pissed that one away

steelpride12
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
The Pens are a much better team overall and they played like it for 40 minutes. The Habs played one hell of a game in the third and the Pens played to hold a lead. The Pens will come out and play that hard for 60 minutes on Saturday and will pull out the win. GO PENS!

SteelMember
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
What the hell?

Did they take naps at the 2nd intermission?

The D looked like they were in a constant frenzy to get into position... and slow (3rd).

How many one-timers are hitting the glass? Some of them aren't even close.

and did we give up on the checking? Orpik isn't even hitting anyone. Just Kunitz as usual. Which is a bright spot because Sid set him up about 5-6 times, and all he was able to get in was a pinball move off both skates... after he wiffed.

I know Sid is really trying out there even though they are making a point to shut him down. I think he went through 3 sticks and a helmet in the 1st. His frustration is starting to show. If someone would just finish, I'm sure he'd be content with the assists.

Geno.... You gotta bury that breakaway. Come on, bud.

Ah well. We need to get 'em on Saturday.

LET'S GO BOYS!!!

WH
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Not that it matters, but i would love to see that breakaway from a few different angles, I'm almost positive that he was tripped.

edit...

no, he wasn't. he had already shot the puck.

But Geno, don't bother putting any moves on the goalie or anything.....i mean, just shoot straight ahead, it's cool.

X-Terminator
05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Not that it matters, but i would love to see that breakaway from a few different angles, I'm almost positive that he was tripped.

edit...

no, he wasn't. he had already shot the puck.

But Geno, don't bother putting any moves on the goalie or anything.....i mean, just shoot straight ahead, it's cool.

That's why they took him out of the top rotation in the shootout - he just is not good on breakaways. Pure shooters like him usually aren't - they seem to be allergic to the "deke."

Indo
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
My Official "Unofficial Assessment of the Game"

One Word: Sloppy

The 'Guins started out Sloppy.
The beginning of the game was characterized by poor passing (too long, too short) with a distinct lack of "crispness". (No. That's NOT related to suddenness and glide!). What I mean by that is that the puck-handling was sloppy. A "crisp" pass is one in which Player A passes the puck to Player B in such a manner that the puck stays flat (not up on edge) and is received squarely on the face of the stick; you hear a distinct "clack" and it is clear that Player B now has definitive control of the puck. We didn't see that at first. Many of the passes went long or short; many of them hit the stick of Player B, but "bounced around"; There were FAR too many turnovers because of it.
Add to that, as someone mentioned, that there were very few hits. The defensemen were letting the Habs walk right into the zone and then WAITING for them instead of going up to greet them with a shoulder and some Controlled Violence. They were sitting on their heels...

Now.
Once Talbot scored that all changed. They starting skating and passing "Crisply" and hitting and doing all of the things that we know they are capable of doing.
It became Poetry in Motion...

We did this for forty minutes, but couldn't capitalize. Letang (I believe) WHIFFED on a sure goal. Halakadakakak was caught on his heels on the other side of the net.
DAMN!
We were getting the puck deep inside, but Halak stood strong.

Then we decided, sometime during the 2nd Intermission, to come out slow and complacent. We went right back to that sloppy play of the early game---passes were missed or flubbed; the hitting stopped; and (and this is the part that KILLS me) we decided that we could try it the way the Caps played their series and shoot from somewhere in Oklahoma (at the top of the point). Did they learn nothing by seeing the Caps get beaten? Halakachakamaka is a good goalie. He is NOT going to give up the long shot---ESPECIALLY if he isn't screened. They (the'Guins) were essentially giving him goaltending practice...

And--Malkin: straight at the goalie with not so much as a shoulder fake AIN'T gonna do it. Hell, I could have stopped that shot and I've never played organized hockey AND I can't even skate. But I guarandamntee that I could have stopped that shot.

So where does all of this leave us?

Well, It's 2-2.
That's not so bad. We have CLEARLY shown that we are capable of DOMINATING this team, so long as we play OUR (well, Bylsma's) game and don't get sucked into thinking that we have this in the bag)
It's time to regroup, evaluate what went wrong (AND what we did right) and take it to the Habaneros...
Besides, from the beginning I thought that it would take 6 games...

(my :twocents:)

EDIT:
One more thing--
Letang---STAY AWAY FROM THE CREASE unless you have a damn good reason for being there. (sloppy)

Indo
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I still think we desperately need some Hockey Smilies. One of you mods (I think HTG) recommended that I put it in the Suggestion Box to the Head Honcho; the Big Cahuna; the PimpDaddy; The Man.

But I don't know how to do that. :noidea:

(Hey Kid! a little help...)

Game On!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JHolxXWLho8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JHolxXWLho8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HometownGal
05-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I still think we desperately need some Hockey Smilies. One of you mods (I think HTG) recommended that I put it in the Suggestion Box to the Head Honcho; the Big Cahuna; the PimpDaddy; The Man.

But I don't know how to do that. :noidea:

(Hey Kid! a little help...)

What a WOW of a post, Indo - I loved your assessment of last night's game and I believe you are spot on. The Pens played sloppy hockey during the most inopportune times, stopped HITTING and were somewhat complacent. Tomorrow is a new day (night) and I have no doubt they are going to play their game - the game they played on Tuesday night. :hope: :thumbsup:

You could request the hockey smilies via two ways:

(1) Send SteelersFever a PM and request the same and/or

(2) Start up a thread in the Feedback Forum.

I love the idea. Let me know if you don't hear back from Mike in a reasonable amount of time and I'll email him. :drink: :hug:

HometownGal
05-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Flyers beat the Bruins 5-4 in OT last night to stop from being eliminated. Flyers were up 4-3 late in the 3rd and in the waning seconds of the game, Recchi found the net.

WH
05-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Be nice if someone would have just happened to find the back of the net on Thursday.....

Galax Steeler
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Be nice if someone would have just happened to find the back of the net on Thursday.....

Agreed but there goalie was playing some good hockey.

WH
05-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Agreed but there goalie was playing some good hockey.
Oh for sure, but he won't be like that for 2 of the next 3 games.

they broken better goalies. i have no doubt they will win one close game and then blow them out alla game 1

Fire Haley
05-08-2010, 06:57 AM
time to stop screwing around

Somebody needs to step up and put the damn puck in the net and quit whiffing.

Pens are outshooting them but our wingers need to get in Halak's kitchen. We need Guerin back. We need Sid/Malkin to have a break-out game.

Crash the net, get bodies in front, except we don't really have the guys for that. Sid is the only one with net presence and he can't be everywhere.

Or go back to game 3 and beat the Habs at their own game, try to trap them and beat them with the break-out, don't let them set up defensively.

WH
05-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Somebody needs to step up and put the damn puck in the net and quit whiffing.

I'm looking at you Kris and Chris.

steelpride12
05-08-2010, 09:38 AM
TRAFFIC! We need to get bodies in front of that net. Halak is seeing each puck like a beach ball because he has a clear lane every shot. The Pens are getting excellent SOG, but without Guerin or Staal in front of the net it's not going to happen!

stlrtruck
05-08-2010, 11:35 AM
TRAFFIC! We need to get bodies in front of that net. Halak is seeing each puck like a beach ball because he has a clear lane every shot. The Pens are getting excellent SOG, but without Guerin or Staal in front of the net it's not going to happen!

AMEN BROTHER!!! :iagree:

WH
05-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I wish we could trade Ruslan Fedotenko for Ryan Malone.

Fire Haley
05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome back Guerin? See ya Ponikarovsky?

First things first, Bill Guerin (right) is expected back in the lineup tonight after missing two games due to an undisclosed injury. He is the team's fourth-leading scorer with eight points (three goals, five assists) in eight playoff games.

Conversley, it looks like Alexei Ponikarovsky might be sitting tonight. Today's lines at practice (PG+):

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Bill Guerin
Max Talbot - Evgeni Malkin - Pascal Dupuis
Matt Cooke - Jordan Staal - Tyler Kennedy
Mike Rupp - Mark Letestu - Craig Adams
Alexei Ponikarovsky - Eric Godard - Chris Conner

No word yet on Ruslan Fedotenko's whereabouts.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/emptynetters/archive/2010/05/08/welcome-back-guerin-see-ya-ponikarovsky-05-08-10.aspx

Fire Haley
05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-1.pnghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-2.png
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-3.pnghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-4.png
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-5.pnghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Kinguin/200910ECSF5-CanadiensPenguins-6.png

Shea
05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Almost game time and I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

This is a pivotal game and if the Pens lose then they will be in the dreaded must win situation where anything can happen.

A win tonight would be huge. :hope: