PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. Pens/Habs. LETS GO PENS!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

steelerdude15
05-11-2010, 12:45 AM
The Pens were outplayed tonight, plain and simple. They had some good moments, but they'll pick up the slack. I won't be able to watch the game cause I'll be graduating getting my A.A. :banging: Yes... I would rather watch the Pens... :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
05-11-2010, 04:57 AM
What a disapointing night of hockey we will come out in game 7 and send them home a looser.

WH
05-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Kris Letang really sucked it up tonight.

I think now that crosby got the goal monkey off his back he's going to come in an light it up wednesday.

HometownGal
05-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Kris Letang really sucked it up tonight.

I think now that crosby got the goal monkey off his back he's going to come in an light it up wednesday.

Well, Letang did score the Pens 2nd goal and had 4 SOG, which aint too shabby. His defensive play wasn't up to par but he wasn't the only one who made a few boo boo's out there last night.

zulater
05-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Well, Letang did score the Pens 2nd goal and had 4 SOG, which aint too shabby. His defensive play wasn't up to par but he wasn't the only one who made a few boo boo's out there last night.

I think the pairing of Malkin and Guerin really backfired last night. A couple 2nd period miscommunications on their part led to offensive zone turnovers that ended up in the back of Fleury's net. :doh:

I also thought that extended shift where the Pens 4th line couldn't get off the ice really helped turn the momentum in the Habs favor just prior to the Malkin- guerin unforced turnovers.

It was just sad that every Pens mistake seemingly ended up in Fleury's net.
:banging:

zulater
05-11-2010, 07:14 AM
The Pens were outplayed tonight, plain and simple. They had some good moments, but they'll pick up the slack. I won't be able to watch the game cause I'll be graduating getting my A.A. :banging: Yes... I would rather watch the Pens... :chuckle:

I disagree. The Pens were the better team, save a couple posts and a few unforced turnovers that were the result of miscommunication between unfamiliar linemates. If Blysma is going to pair Malkin and Guerin again he better make sure they're on the same page going in. :banging:

WH
05-11-2010, 07:42 AM

His goal was great to have, but he also played a major part in 3 of their 4 goals.

Anyways.

i think Matt Cooke is a marked man. I loved it when he was on his way into the penalty box for slashing Lapierre and was yelling at the ref ''why am I bleeding? huh? Why am I bleeding?''

RunWillieRun
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM
There is no reason the Pens should even be playing in a game 7 this series.

They have enough talent and skill compared to MTL that this series should have been over in 5 games...max.

I'm disgusted they let it get this far. They better come out on all cylinders hitting, shooting, and running Halak to get him off his game.

Fire Haley
05-11-2010, 09:17 AM
The greats aren't playing great.

Letang can't win every game himself

stlrtruck
05-11-2010, 09:58 AM
There is no reason the Pens should even be playing in a game 7 this series.

They have enough talent and skill compared to MTL that this series should have been over in 5 games...max.

I'm disgusted they let it get this far. They better come out on all cylinders hitting, shooting, and running Halak to get him off his game.

Halak has been playing lights out since Game 5 of the crapitals series. The PENS definitely need to get men in front of Halak and create the screens and lower his visibility. Without that, Halak wll control the majority of the shots without problems.

Indo
05-11-2010, 10:13 AM
My Official "Unofficial Assessment of the Game"

One word: Frustrating

Probably the most frustrating game I have EVER watched.

Again with too many sloppy passes and poor puck-handling
Passes too far, passes too short
How many times was there a guy breaking for a centering pass and the pass never got there?
WAAAAAY too many turnovers.

Again we saw the Habaneros just waltzing into the zone. We sat and waited for them. GO AND HIT SOMEONE AND SEPARATE THEM FROM THE LITTLE BLACK THINGY! They can't score ( or even attempt a shot) if the puck is sliding away

AND STOP TRYING TO SHOOT FROM THE POINT WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF SCREEN.

Halak is too good. He AIN'T giving up that goal. It's clear that the Caps couldn't make it happen; neither can we. It's a wasted opportunity because they just about ALWAYS end up with the rebound IF there is a rebound( Halak doesn't give up too many rebounds, does he?)

I could go on and on about the things that frustrated me, but I'm sure that they are the same things that frustrated everybody

So...
For the GOOD stuff:

Once again we were able, at times, to COMPLETELY DOMINATE the Canady-French (a variation of the Frenchy-French)
We rang the Bell 3 times----so close, but no good.

When we were hitting, they were shi....ng (!) ( I made that up myself!)

SID THE KID!!! Need I say more?

Malkin had some inspirational moments (and some not-so-inspirational)

Letang! I love ya, but can you play a COMPLETE game on Weds.? Nice shooting, but ramp-up your defensive play....and...said it before----STAY AWAY FROM THE CREASE unless you need to be there. Stay AT LEAST 5 meters (I know you're a displaced European and think in meters, not yards or feet). A couple of games ago you were skating too close to the crease and BAM! the puck whacked your skate and we lost. Last nite---too close to the crease and BAM! the puck hit your skate and Flower had to "save" it from going into the net.

Flower----It was a GOOD effort. But we need a GREAT, Fleury-is-god effort on weds.

Cookie---yes, the refs were douches. You were right.

And what's with the early whistle? You know, the one where Halak uncharacteristically gave up the rebound and we, like, SCORED?
I'm calling BS on that one

Wednesday. At Home. With the Power of the Igloo.
Destroy these wannabee's.

(Insert cool Hockey smilie here)

stlrtruck
05-11-2010, 11:15 AM
My Official "Unofficial Assessment of the Game"

One word: Frustrating

Probably the most frustrating game I have EVER watched.

Again with too many sloppy passes and poor puck-handling
Passes too far, passes too short
How many times was there a guy breaking for a centering pass and the pass never got there?
WAAAAAY too many turnovers.

Again we saw the Habaneros just waltzing into the zone. We sat and waited for them. GO AND HIT SOMEONE AND SEPARATE THEM FROM THE LITTLE BLACK THINGY! They can't score ( or even attempt a shot) if the puck is sliding away

AND STOP TRYING TO SHOOT FROM THE POINT WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF SCREEN.

Halak is too good. He AIN'T giving up that goal. It's clear that the Caps couldn't make it happen; neither can we. It's a wasted opportunity because they just about ALWAYS end up with the rebound IF there is a rebound( Halak doesn't give up too many rebounds, does he?)

I could go on and on about the things that frustrated me, but I'm sure that they are the same things that frustrated everybody

So...
For the GOOD stuff:

Once again we were able, at times, to COMPLETELY DOMINATE the Canady-French (a variation of the Frenchy-French)
We rang the Bell 3 times----so close, but no good.

When we were hitting, they were shi....ng (!) ( I made that up myself!)

SID THE KID!!! Need I say more?

Malkin had some inspirational moments (and some not-so-inspirational)

Letang! I love ya, but can you play a COMPLETE game on Weds.? Nice shooting, but ramp-up your defensive play....and...said it before----STAY AWAY FROM THE CREASE unless you need to be there. Stay AT LEAST 5 meters (I know you're a displaced European and think in meters, not yards or feet). A couple of games ago you were skating too close to the crease and BAM! the puck whacked your skate and we lost. Last nite---too close to the crease and BAM! the puck hit your skate and Flower had to "save" it from going into the net.

Flower----It was a GOOD effort. But we need a GREAT, Fleury-is-god effort on weds.

Cookie---yes, the refs were douches. You were right.

And what's with the early whistle? You know, the one where Halak uncharacteristically gave up the rebound and we, like, SCORED?
I'm calling BS one that one

Wednesday. At Home. With the Power of the Igloo.
Destroy these wannabee's.

(Insert cool Hockey smilie here)

Since I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night, I appreciate your putting this out here. Really makes me glad my friend had to finish moving last night.

Indo
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Since I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night, I appreciate your putting this out here. Really makes me glad my friend had to finish moving last night.

I can't tell if you're be serious or sarcastic!

At times they looked pretty good, just couldn't put it in the net----hit the post 3 times!

And I was also SCREAMING at the TV----a lot!
I kept getting the, "Dear, you're scaring the dogs" speech from The Girl.

"Uh, it's PLAYOFF HOCKEY. The dogs are gonna have to DEAL WITH IT!"
(that didn't help, but whatever...) :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I can't tell if you're be serious or sarcastic!

At times they looked pretty good, just couldn't put it in the net----hit the post 3 times!

And I was also SCREAMING at the TV----a lot!
I kept getting the, "Dear, you're scaring the dogs" speech from The Girl.

"Uh, it's PLAYOFF HOCKEY. The dogs are gonna have to DEAL WITH IT!"
(that didn't help, but whatever...) :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I was being serious. But it sounds like I would have been scaring the kids and the dog (LOL).

Indo
05-11-2010, 12:54 PM
BTW,
This is one of my favorite commercials EVER:

Does everyone remember Bob and Doug McKenzie from Second City TV?
They were two Canadians who talked hockey and beer.
And then this commercial came out...

Remember Guy (GEE) LaFleur? He was a badass on ice

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbkOI6Q9dQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbkOI6Q9dQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SteelCityMom
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
BTW,
This is one of my favorite commercials EVER:

Does everyone remember Bob and Doug McKenzie from Second City TV?
They were two Canadians who talked hockey and beer.
And then this commercial came out...

Remember Guy (GEE) LaFleur? He was a badass on ice

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbkOI6Q9dQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbkOI6Q9dQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:rofl:

Love it!

One of the best movies ever!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMlwChC-EOo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMlwChC-EOo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/97NyQI9XlFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/97NyQI9XlFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indo
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Great movie, eh?

I dated a girl from Thunder Bay, Ontario in the early '90s. She and a bunch of other Canadians were living in New Orleans at the time. We went to a party for Canada Day (like our Fourth of July)----I was the ONLY non-Canadian there. I was amazed at how often they actually say "Eh?" !

WH
05-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Great movie, eh?

I dated a girl from Thunder Bay, Ontario in the early '90s. She and a bunch of other Canadians were living in New Orleans at the time. We went to a party for Canada Day (like our Fourth of July)----I was the ONLY non-Canadian there. I was amazed at how often they actually say "Eh?" !

I was in Canada once and some dude on a bus started asking me what it's like to be from America. He said 'eh'' 3 or 4 times, i almost lost it.

WH
05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
NOTES: The Penguins lost to Montreal 2-1 in their first game at Mellon Arena — then named the Civic Arena—on Oct. 11, 1967.

let's not let these pieces of crap be the bookends.

stlrtruck
05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
NOTES: The Penguins lost to Montreal 2-1 in their first game at Mellon Arena — then named the Civic Arena—on Oct. 11, 1967.

let's not let these pieces of crap be the bookends.

Lord Stanley needs to be the ending exclaimation point on THE IGLOO!

SteelCityMom
05-11-2010, 03:11 PM
New YLDG today...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Nn1XDmYYPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Nn1XDmYYPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And I am officially invoking the power of last years YLDG's from Game 6 of the SCF. Start at 4:10 for optimum effect!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaaHNrNymPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaaHNrNymPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Indo
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Loved that video
Especially the shot of The Badger...RIP

Time to Rock the Igloo

WH
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
If this crowd is not wicked loud tomorrow, i might be sick to my stomach.

Fire Haley
05-11-2010, 07:23 PM
for once can't we get 4 goals in the 1st and ride it to victory?

HometownGal
05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Halak has been playing lights out since Game 5 of the crapitals series. The PENS definitely need to get men in front of Halak and create the screens and lower his visibility. Without that, Halak wll control the majority of the shots without problems.

Bingo! I've been preaching this since the series began. If his vision is obscured by one or two of our guys in front of that net when we're in the OZ, we're going to get goals - no doubt in my mind. Halak has been fantastic this series (other than when we chased him in Game #1), but I think his luck just might run out tomorrow night in Mellon Arena. :hope:

tony hipchest
05-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Halak has been fantastic this series (other than when we chased him in Game #1), but I think his luck just might run out tomorrow night in Mellon Arena. :hope:now i can really only go as far back as roy, fuhr, hasek, brodeur being the standard of excellence, but considering the firepower he has seen, its evident halak has pretty much been up to standard in this series (and even the last). he has simply stoped some shots nobody had any business stopping.

with this being said, this series has followed a distinct pattern. we win-they win-we win-they win-we win-they win....

its our turn. i agree... the luck runs out.

plus "halak" sounds like the sound of a cat coughing up a furball. *choke choke* (please :nervous: ) :hope:

SteelCityMom
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Halak Halak Halak

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/Sa2j0uLXHYI/AAAAAAAAC7Y/qePz1CNK4QE/s320/Fozzie+Bear.png

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm so pumped for this game tonight! :banana: XT and I sold our tickets for a pretty nice chunk of change to put towards next season's tickets.

Halak and the Candiens - the clock strikes 12 for you tonight in the Igloo!

LETS GO PENS!

WH
05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
I know the Pens will win tonight, but, I've come to grips with the Pens possibly losing tonight. 4 consecutive playoff appearances, 2 Finals and 1 cup. No matter what, the Pens are #1 in my heart. With the new arena and the new ice I look forward to a dominant season next year and a 5th playoff appearance.

If the Canadians win tonight it's BAD for the NHL. Again, Madden says it best in this blog.

''It's a copycat league, if the Pens lose to the Canadiens expect teams to do nothing but pull all 5 skaters below the hash marks and absorb a million shots next year. It'll be the new trap''

WH
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm feeling a great day.. Hoping to hear and see two great things by days end... The Pen's win game 7 tonight and my dad's CAT scan to come back showing no leaks so he can get that stupid crap bag off after 2 and half years of recovering from colon cancer. They are right now sitting in the VA hospital overlooking the Igloo. I will except nothing less from the Pen's and the CAT scan!! Go Pen's and I love you dad...

:drink:

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm feeling a great day.. Hoping to hear and see two great things by days end... The Pen's win game 7 tonight and my dad's CAT scan to come back showing no leaks so he can get that stupid crap bag off after 2 and half years of recovering from colon cancer. They are right now sitting in the VA hospital overlooking the Igloo. I will except nothing less from the Pen's and the CAT scan!! Go Pen's and I love you dad...

Maybe you should have your dad go down to the IGLOO (while he's sitting there waiting) and have a lil 'GUINS PEP TALK with the players!!! :drink:

Knowing he'll beat this and get rid of "that bag", should be inspiration for the PENS to beat this and get rid of the habs once and for all!

:thumbsup: :drink:

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 01:20 PM
He is a tuff SOB.. My dad was in Viet Nam and has two purple hearts and got agent orange... The last hockey game he was at was back in the late 90's and he saw the Avalanche play in Denver when he was on a business trip. I want to take him to see the Pen's play next season. Not sure how many years I have left with him......

stlrtruck,

I also found out last week on a business trip with my bosses that I might have to move to our Corporate Offices in Tampa. If so we will have to team up for Pen's games there... That would be soooooooo awesome bro...

I look at moving as a bad thing and a good thing.. I'm only 3 hours from the Burgh now and go out almost every month for family and the City I love. Tampa is a 1000 miles away.. UGH.. On the other hand I get to see Pens/Lightning play and I can see the Pirates for Spring training... And maybe if the Stillers play Tampa..

When you next talk to your dad, please tell him that I said, "THANK YOU! For your service to this country and for protecting our freedoms!"

Move on down here. There's definitely some good options for housing down here. Some in and near Tampa and others over in Clearwater/Dunedin that offer a longer trip to Tampa but a bit less stress on the home life.

And if you do move down here, let me know there's a few Steelers bars around the area and I found out about 2 months ago there is also a PENS bar in Tampa.

X-Terminator
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Ponikarovsky looks like he's back in the lineup...honestly, I don't really know why. He's been a huge disappointment since coming over in the trade and really hasn't done much so far in the playoffs. Still think trading Caputi was a mistake.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Ponikarovsky - Malkin - Guerin
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Rupp - Adams - Talbot

Orpik - Gonchar
Eaton - Letang
Leopold - Goligoski

Fleury
Johnson

SteelMember
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I hope the boys smear some habs blood on the glass tonight. A few lost teeth wouldn't hurt either. :chuckle:

Every game they've been the more physical team, things seem to work out better in the end.

and Geno. Your frustration is really starting to show. come on man. pick it up and get into the mix. You gotta get in there and dig some out of the corners.
You can't just skate around the top of the circle waiting for the pass.

Physical. Physical. PHYSICAL!!!

Come on, boys. Take this damn thing!

Your tomorrow depends on tonight!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

:tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03:

WH
05-12-2010, 05:02 PM
wished it looked like this

Cooke - Crosby - Guerin
Fedotenko- Malkin - Dupuis
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Rupp - Adams - Talbot

Orpik - Gonchar
Eaton - Letang
McKee - Goligoski

Fleury
Johnson

Guerin and Malkin looked totally on different pages Monday.

I would pick Ruslan over Poni for not reason other than Ruslan has been there for the Pens in high pressure situations before.

Was hoping it would look like this. Matt Cooke on Crosby's line. Aggressive forecheckers who go to the net generally flourish with Crosby. Cooke would also be a burr in Montreal's saddle.

McKee and Alex Goligoski are a better defense tandem than Leopold and Goligoski, who are too similar.

Fire Haley
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Big time players in big times games........ sumpthin' sumpthin'

Just Do it!

All the marbles

Nadroj 20
05-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Pens got this tonight, im feeling good.

zulater
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I got a bad feeling about tonight.:shake01:

WH
05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm taking the Pens Jersey out of the closet for this special situation.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I, too, am feeling really good about tonight's game. Though I don't believe for one minute that it's going to be easy, the better team will prevail and that team is our Pittsburgh Penguins! :banana: :hope:

wirels3 - I am so happy that everything worked out well for your Dad! :drink:

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:07 PM
BANNED

I'll watch until the end and hope for the best. I'm not bailing, I just got a feeling the Habs are destiny's darlings and their charmed existence will carry foward for another round.

I hope I'm wrong. :drink:

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
I, too, am feeling really good about tonight's game. Though I don't believe for one minute that it's going to be easy, the better team will prevail and that team is our Pittsburgh Penguins! :banana: :hope:

wirels3 - I am so happy that everything worked out well for your Dad! :drink:

The better team doesn't always win in sports, but hopefully will tonight. :hope: :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm taking the Pens Jersey out of the closet for this special situation.

In Games 4 & 6, I wore my Pens championship T-shirt and we lost those games, so I'm wearing a Steelers t-shirt and hoodie tonight (as it is chilly here in the Burgh) and hopefully, it will bring better luck. :hope: :chuckle:

LETS GO PENS!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:10 PM
The better team doesn't always win in sports, but hopefully will tonight. :hope: :thumbsup:

No negativity in this thread tonight. Only positive vibes. :drink:

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Holy shit - Sid going to the sin bin for boarding. :banging: :banging: Time to step up big time PK.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
DAMN IT!!!!!!

No worries - it's early and we'll answer.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Someone tell Dan O' Hallaran TO CALL IT FOR BOTH DAMN SIDES!!!!!

WH
05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
1 goal on 1 shot....really? again? sersiously? come on.

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Bad goal! Real weak :doh:

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
GREAT JOB PK!!! :applaudit: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Now let's get down the ice and git 'em.

zulater

It barely was a shot. :doh:

SteelCityMan786

That Crosby Penalty was Bull. Boarding? Please he wasn't even touching it.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Damn it - Gill is back in the lineup. :banging: He blankets Sid as good as I've seen anyone do it this season.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:17 PM
We should be getting an even up PP shortly. Let's see if O'Hallaran has nads.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Damn it - Gill is back in the lineup. :banging: He blankets Sid as good as I've seen anyone do it this season.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone knock him senseless.

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Geez why wasn';t there an interferecne penalty against the Canmadians?

WH
bumped offsides......that's total skit

HometownGal
WTH????? Calling a penalty and then waiving it off? :jawdrop:

zulater
We should be getting an even up PP shortly. Let's see if O'Hallaran has nads.

Refs ignored the first one. :banging:

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
WTH????? Calling a penalty and then waiving it off? :jawdrop:

That's what I'd like to know.

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Every bounce seems to go in favor of the Habs.

WH
05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Jordan, remember tonight, for 1 night, you are a big guy. kick someones ass.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
There's that even up penalty. :applaudit: Pens on PP - come on guys - let's put one in and tie this game up! :hope: :hope:

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Well tonight they hit a post, so maybe things are turning in our favor? :hope:

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Terrible power play!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get anything here but they need to be patient - eventually they'll crack Halak. They're too talented of a team (more so than their opponent) not to.

WH
05-12-2010, 07:28 PM
terrible terrible terrible powerplay.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
terrible terrible terrible powerplay.very sloppy. almost pressing. started to look good in the final drive down ice though... :hope:

WH
05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
offsides calls come down beside the pens net?

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
We're lucky this is a one goal game. Could easily be 3-0 right now.:doh:

WH
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Gianta ''it would be nice to close the mellon arena''

dick. Who the hell are you to say that? punk.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get anything here but they need to be patient - eventually they'll crack Halak. They're too talented of a team (more so than their opponent) not to.

Halak has got to break and crash eventually.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Atta boyz! Keep hammering Halak! :banana:

WH
05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
blaaaaah, i can't believe they cleared the puck on themselves after that great posession.

zulater
Terrible turnover Gonchar!

HometownGal
Ughhhhhhhh.

Guys c'mon!!! :banging: :banging:

I'm still going to keep the faith. I never give up on these guys.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Someone please tell Fleury TO STAY IN THE DAMN CREASE!!!!!!! He would have made the save if he was there.

tony hipchest
ughhh... orpik. :dang:

WH
Orpik, come on brother.

SCSTILLER
05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Is anyone else trying to watch this on Versus? It is all scrambled where I am at and have to watch it scrambled and listen to it online

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Someone please tell Fleury TO STAY IN THE DAMN CREASE!!!!!!! He would have made the save if he was there.

He was adjusting to the puck movement when it skipped over Serg's stick. Pens have to keep on bombaring Halak if they're going to have a shot here.

zulater
It was a nice two year run. Hopefully they retool the defense, get another good foward and come back and Christen the new building with a Cup.

But this one is over as i predicted it would be. Just not our year.

Go Bruins!

WH
If a goalie comes out of the crease that far to do that....they should be fair game. I wouldn't care if it was Fleury. Cooke could have killed Halak there.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:41 PM
I just want to get out of this period, regroup at the break and come out on fire in the 2nd. I've said it a gazillion times - park someone's ass in front of the net when the Pens are in the OZ and block Halak's lane of vision. :banging: They have several guys who no one is going to be able to move, i.e. Billy G, Hottiekarovsky, Cooke, Rupp.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
It was a nice two year run. Hopefully they retool the defense, get another good foward and come back and Christen the new building with a Cup.

Go Bruins!

Niiiiiiiice. Just give up on 'em with 40 minutes of hockey yet to be played and only down by 2. :shake02: Please do us a favor, Zu, and take your negativity elsewhere.

WH
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Good carry down into the OZ right before commercial.

Steel Mountain
05-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Still 2 periods to play and I have faith!!! That said, it is the worst I have seen our Pens look in a long time. Let`s hope they can get coached up during the break.

steelpride12
05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Ill never lose faith in my boy's but tonight just looks real ugly!

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Niiiiiiiice. Just give up on 'em with 40 minutes of hockey yet to be played and only down by 2. :shake02: Please do us a favor, Zu, and take your negativity elsewhere.

No I'm being realistic not negative. There's no shame in it, I'm not cursing them, calling them chokers or anything. I just see it for what it is. We can't beat this goalie 3 times when it matters. We haven't done so since game 1.

And again I hope I'm wrong, I'll eat all the crow you want to serve if they come back and win this. But i just don't see it.

WH
05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm listening to the verus announcers off the mic in between periods. lets see what they really think.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Is anyone else trying to watch this on Versus? It is all scrambled where I am at and have to watch it scrambled and listen to it onlineits good here in the southwest.

Go Bruins!

WTF?!?!?!? :wtf:

:puke: :poop: :buttkick: :banging:

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Still 2 periods to play and I have faith!!! That said, it is the worst I have seen our Pens look in a long time. Let`s hope they can get coached up during the break.

Easily the worst period of hockey they've played this post season. I was prayin they'd come out only down a goal.

If they had come out of that period down by 1 I think i would have loved their chances. But that second goal sends the Habs in soaring and us dejected.

It really makes it a steep hill to climb. Maybe not insurmoutnable, but we need to get at least one back next period. We can't go into the 3rd down 2 or more.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 07:55 PM

:thumbsup: WE WILL UNLEASH HELL! in the final 2 periods...

(ok, bad example... but still), WE WILL COME OUT AND KICK ASS!

Fire Haley
05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Would someone inject them with some testosterone?

Looks like December hockey.

WH
05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Marc Average-Fleury heheheheheh

zulater
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
its good here in the southwest.

WTF?!?!?!? :wtf:

:puke: :poop: :buttkick: :banging:

What you can't be a fan without being a cheerleader?

I'm being honest, I just don't see it this year. I thought they had to win game 6 or else. The histroy of this team when it loses game 6 is dreadfull.

I'm not tuning out. I'm not turning against them. I just don't think they are capable of pulling this one off.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Marc Average-Fleury heheheheheh

If he had been average that period we'd only be down one.

Fire Haley
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll tell you what it is, everybody is trying to be the hero when they should be feeding Sid and Malkin the puck - defensemen getting caught down deep too much.

WH
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
:thumbsup: WE WILL UNLEASH HELL! in the final 2 periods...

(ok, bad example... but still!
real bad tomlinism.... glad you were sarcastic.

KeiselPower99
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Somebody step up and score for us!!! Ill take a goal from anyone right now.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
How about we get a better 2nd Period????? :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

WH
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
no call on the stick holding? whatever....

WH
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Get someone in front of Halak.

i'll take more than 1 person in the OZ at the same time.

tony hipchest
What you can't be a fan without being a cheerleader?

I'm being honest, I just don't see it this year. I thought they had to win game 6 or else. The histroy of this team when it loses game 6 is dreadfull.

I'm not tuning out. I'm not turning against them. I just don't think they are capable of pulling this one off.i think the stat i saw was we are undefeated in our last four game 7's.

regardless, if not throwing in the towel yet makes me a cheerleader then :cheer:

I'll tell you what it is, everybody is trying to be the hero when they should be feeding Sid and Malkin the puck - defensemen getting caught down deep too much.good call.

*&%#

3-0

zulater
Basically we can't score down low off a rebound because they have such a tight hold on our sticks and it's never called.

Btw bench Fleury please.

WH
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
:puke:

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Someone please HELP FLEURY OUT!!!!!!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I know it looks very ugly right now, but I'm keeping the faith. :hope: :thumbsup:

If the Pens don't come out on top in this game, sure I'm going to be disappointed but not upset. They've played a shitload of hockey in the past 3 seasons and have been in the SCF's the last two. This team (with a few minor adjustments) has the potential to be playoff bound for the next couple of seasons and I'm damned proud of 'em and what they've brought to this city. :hatsoff:

In the meantime - LETS GO PENS!!! And to the jagoff who hit my Serg - :upyours:

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh well that's it.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
A goal too late for benching fleury

WH
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
puke

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:13 PM
4-0... Bad play by Kunitz and Gonchar.

It would be nice if Fleury could make a stop every now and then too.

WH
Out comes the greatest goalie mask in hockey.

HometownGal
i think the stat i saw was we are undefeated in our last four game 7's.

regardless, if not throwing in the towel yet makes me a cheerleader then :cheer:

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

Johnny coming in to replace MAF. Plenty of time left and this team is very capable of coming back. Me thinks Mario will be visiting the locker room at the end of the period.

stillers4me
Thnaks for turning me on to hockey, folks.

This has been..............fun. :chuckle:

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:15 PM
:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

Johnny coming in to replace MAF. Plenty of time left and this team is very capable of coming back. Me thinks Mario will be visiting the locker room at the end of the period.

Too bad Mario can't take a few shifts on the power play.

HometownGal
4-0... Bad play by Kunitz and Gonchar.

For as well as both have played in both the Ottawa series and this one against the Habs, I'm going to give them a bit of a free pass. We need to start hitting out there and storming the net. Wtih Halak, it seems garbage goals are what we're going to have to settle for.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
my stomach hurts

WH
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM
35 minutes of watching the Habs Turtle. this should be fun.

Dodt
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
goal

WH
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
25% there.

whoooooooooo

HometownGal
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :banana: :banana:

Kunitz gets it by Halak and they're on their way back folks!

Sharkissle29
4-1 they have a pulse still....

zulater
35 minutes of watching the Habs Turtle. this should be fun.

He pulled Fleury a goal too late! :banging:

steelpride12
05-12-2010, 08:22 PM
The best new's is they scored their goal's too fast and giving us a whole half a game to return the favor. 1 goal down 3 to go. It's a tall order, but a 4 to 2 end of second sounds good to me!

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:23 PM
For as well as both have played in both the Ottawa series and this one against the Habs, I'm going to give them a bit of a free pass. We need to start hitting out there and storming the net. Wtih Halak, it seems garbage goals are what we're going to have to settle for.

It would also help if the refs didn't let the Canadians get away with holding our sticks in their defensive zone so much.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Sometimes love Malkin and sometimes I wonder what the hell he's doing out there?!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
It would also help if the refs didn't let the Canadians get away with holding our sticks in their defensive zone so much.

Yup - I've seen quite a bit of that tonight. :mad:

Why did they stop hitting out there?

WH
05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Shoot the puck. stop passing so damn much. seriously. shoot the puck.

WH
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM

hitting tonight has equalled 4-1

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I swear to God - if I hear that Canadiens Cinderella bullshit one more time, I'm going to go postal. :banging: I'm calling it now - IF they beat the Pens tonight, they aren't going to win the Cup.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Pens going on another PP - got to score here. :hope: :hope: :hope: That would be HUGE.

If Hottiekarovsky needs his boo boo tended to, I volunteer! :lust: :chuckle:

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
anyone dread them getting another PP?

worst PP ive ever seen in my entire life tonight.

lets turn it around like in game 1 :tt02:

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM

If we lose this series, and notice i said if, :wink02: it will be because we lost 3 games in this series where we once had the lead.

That didn't happen last year. Losing Scuderi and Gill was killing. I hope we take the neccessary measures to adequetly replace them next season.

WH
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Is Gonchar hurt and we don't know?

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 08:32 PM
absolutely no puck control on PP... :dang:

wtf.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 08:32 PM
theyre better when its 5 on 5.

we got us a game!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What were you saying nonbelievers????

What a great shot by Poni and an awesome deflection by Staal! :banana: :banana:

It aint over folks!

Dodt
05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
nice shot

stillers4me
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Keep it goin'!

zulater
make it a one goal game!

HometownGal
Now is the time to obliterate the Habs confidence and particularly that of Halak. He has to be shakin' in his pads.

SteelCityMan786
I STILL BELIEVE BABY :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What were you saying nonbelievers????

What a great shot by Poni and an awesome deflection by Staal! :banana: :banana:

It aint over folks!

What non believers. all it took was one goal. 2 Unanswered. How about 3 unanswered?

Halak is gonna break again.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I still wish he had pulled fleury right after he let in the 3rd.

WH
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
who got upended in the crease moments before the offside call? no call there? whatever.

4 blind mice
4 blind mice
see how they run.

steelpride12
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Uh OH! I smell cinderella bullshit and a comeback for the ages! Not too much negativity nowwww!

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
What non believers. all it took was one goal. 2 Unanswered. How about 3 unanswered?

Halak is gonna break again.

I wasn't referring to you, Matt. You have always been very positive and have believed in these guys right along with steelpride12, SteelCityMom, Tony and a couple of others. There are, however, a couple of nonbelievers hanging out with us tonight.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Uh OH! I smell cinderella bullshit and a comeback for the ages! Not too much negativity nowwww!

No one's been negative but me. And that's just my way of dealing with nerves. Don't take it to mean anything. :hatsoff:

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I wish someone would hammer Subban into the boards. Gawd - I can't stand that little asshole.

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Get a pp to start the 3rd! Cool, theyre due.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
YES!!!! Pens on a PP which will continue into the 3rd! :banana: :applaudit:

Look out Habs - here come the Pens! :banana: :banana:

WH
HTG, you know who my beefs are with. never with the team. just with individuals, even if totally unreasonable.

Dodt
powerplay to start the 3rd

zulater
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Johnson made a couple nice saves when called upon.

I still wish he would have gone to him earliar though.

X-Terminator
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Got home when it was 3-0, then 4-0...Pens got 2 to get back in it.

If they score on this PP right away, they're going to at least tie the game and send it to OT. Bank it.

steelpride12
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
If the Pen's score on the PP in the third these fans will scream this building till it falls and that is going to be one key moment in the game!

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I still wish he had pulled fleury right after he let in the 3rd.

we know.

whats done is done.

they scored 4 goals in the first 30 minutes.

we can just as easilly score 4 goals in the final 30.

i believe.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
HTG, you know who my beefs are with. never with the team. just with individuals, even if totally unreasonable.

Hey - everyone has a player or two who they don't particularly care for even if they are a part of the team. With me, it's Eaton (and at times Letang) but I think in these playoffs, both have given their all and I feel that the object of your dissatisfaction has given his all as well.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Got home when it was 3-0, then 4-0...Pens got 2 to get back in it.

If they score on this PP right away, they're going to at least tie the game and send it to OT. Bank it.

:dollar: *CHA CHING* :dollar:

money post.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM
we know.

whats done is done.

they scored 4 goals in the first 30 minutes.

we can just as easilly score 4 goals in the final 30.

i believe.

Exactly. :drink: Can't go back to the what ifs and have to concentrate on the last 20 minutes of this game which I believe the Pens can at least tie. I'm with XT here - if the Pens do tie it up, they'll win it in OT because the momentum will be totally in their favor and it will take the wind right out of the Habs' sails. :hope:

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Betcha dollars to donuts that Mario is in that locker room as I'm typing this. He pep talked them last season in the SCF's and it put a fire in their asses. :thumbsup:

WH
05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Crosby has to say to himself ''i am the best in the world. i need to prove it''

Malkin needs to say to himself ''I am score''

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Crosby has to say to himself ''i am the best in the world. i need to prove it''

Malkin needs to say to himself ''I am score''

He IS the best in the world and he's more than proven it many times over. He's having a tough time getting close to the net with the USS Gill draped all over him. That's one guy I really wish we had in these playoffs.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Malkin's Dad is so damned cute - he was up in the stands waving his towel like a madman. :thumbsup: :chuckle:

Tony Granato is being interviewed now and he said what some of us have been saying this entire series - GET SOME TRAFFIC IN FRONT OF HALAK!!!! :banging:

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
close but no cigar. shit!

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Change goalies in this series and we win in 5.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Damned Halak. :banging: That kid is really pretty special.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
WOO HOOOO!!!! Crosby draws a penalty on the USS Gill! :applaudit:

Back on the PP - LETS GO PENS!

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Time to score on one of these baby!:tt02:

Let's go Pens!! :tt04::tt04::tt04:

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm predicting Gonchar scores here!

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I gotta fever and the only prescription is MORE PENGUIN GOALS!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm predicting Gonchar scores here!

As long as any Penguin scores the last goals needed to win, I am happy.

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Need to get more people in front of Halak, damn it's a power play...show some power!

LETS GO PENS!

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
If only Fleury hadn't sucked so bad tonight.

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Ok boys, lets get a short handed goal!

zulater
Fleury sucks!!!!

I'm sorry but he cost us this series.

WH

Turnovers in the pens own inn were a good chunk of their problems too.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
If only Fleury hadn't sucked so bad tonight.:rolleyes:

we know.

WH
05-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Brent Johnson had no chance for that one. none.

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I would say HALAK deserves the playoff MVP! Regardless of what happens to them the rest of tonight

WH
05-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I would say HALAK deserves the playoff MVP! Regardless of what happens to them the rest of tonight

Yup.

but

St33lersguy
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Uh oh. How is Pittsburgh going to overcome this?

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Special; teams and Fleury lost us this game.

stillers4me
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought it was Arian's fault.

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Yup.

but

double :banging:

Uh oh. How is Pittsburgh going to overcome this?

score 4 goals - very Very VERY quickly

WH
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I've noticed the Pens PK plays much closer to the goal than Montreal's.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Fleury sucks!!!!

I'm sorry but he cost us this series.

:yawn:

we know. :rolleyes:

zulater
Turnovers in the pens own inn were a good chunk of their problems too.

I know, but you shouldn't have to fish out every turnover out of your own net. The Pens had no margin of error the last two games. An elite goalie will save your bacon on occasion, with Fleury every turnover was fatal.

HometownGal

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I blame Barry Melrose for this bad mojo. The other day he talked about how he would take great goaltending over great players and then this morning he talked about taking the penguins because of having great players.

steelpride12
AHHH! :crying01: Goodbye season, thank you Pens for playing your heart's out this season and we will all be ready for another run next season! :thumbsup:

Also goodnight you old lady Mellon Arena sad to see it go been there too many time over these 13 years for me oh so sad night for me.

Again thanks Pens and all who celebrated our loved team all season long I love you guys and the Pens to death always! :hug:

tony hipchest
I thought it was Arian's fault.:chuckle: i needed that laugh right about now.

HometownGal
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Halak and Cammaleri beat us in this series - they were simply outstanding and I have to give them their rightful props, though it hurts like hell.

I'm very proud of this team and what excitement they have brought to this city and every single true Pens fan out there. :drink: We have a lot of exciting seasons to look forward to and a brandy new arena next season! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

It kills me to say goodbye to Mellon Arena - I have so many wonderful memories there. :crying01: :crying01: XT and I will be there when they have the auction and we're going to fight like hell to get our seats! :hope:

LOVE YOU PENS! :hug:

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I hope the Bruins beat the Flyers so I have someone to root for next series. I hate the Canadians! I hope they get swept in the Eastern conference finals.

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If someone could photo shop Fleury in place of that horse it would make my night. :chuckle:

WH
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I can't cheer for the Bruins. Boston sports can kiss my ass. I would rather be stabbed the face than cheer for Philly. I have to cheer for Montreal.

Look at what they have done. Washington AND Pittsburgh. They deserve it.

In the west, though, I'll cheer for San Jose.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
halak = brick wall.

stlrtruck
Halak and Cammaleri beat us in this series - they were simply outstanding and I have to give them their rightful props, though it hurts like hell.

I'm very proud of this team and what excitement they have brought to this city and every single true Pens fan out there. :drink: We have a lot of exciting seasons to look forward to and a brandy new arena next season! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

It kills me to say goodbye to Mellon Arena - I have so many wonderful memories there. :crying01: :crying01: XT and I will be there when they have the auction and we're going to fight like hell to get our seats! :hope:

Too true, too true! This series never should have gone 7 games, but then again it never should have gone 7 against the caps in round 1. Give Halak and the habs a lot of credit!

The PENS have given us a lot to cheer about and be happy about. And although they didn't complete the task at hand this year, I'm proud of our boys on the ice.

HometownGal
It was a pleasure sharing the season and these playoffs with you regulars to this thread. :drink: :hug: We have a lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to in seasons to come. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU PENS, COACH BYLSMA and MARIO! :drink: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

I'm going to sign off and switch the channel. I just can't bear to watch the Habs celebrate what should be OUR celebration. Though I have no love for the Habs, I congratulate them on one helluva series. :drink: That being said, however, whoever they end up playing in the ECF, I hope they get their asses kicked. :hope: :chuckle:

Nite!

Nadroj 20
05-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I can't cheer for the Bruins. Boston sports can kiss my ass. I would rather be stabbed the face than cheer for Philly. I have to cheer for Montreal.

I compeletly agree....although it stings because they just beat us I would like to see the cinderalla #8 seed keep going.

Dodt
05-12-2010, 09:38 PM
so long igloo. thanks for the memories

zulater

Screw them, the luckiest team I've ever seen, every ****ing bounce has gone their way throughout the playoffs.

I was probably the only Penguin fan rooting for the Capitals in game 7 in the opening round. A lucky team with a hot goalie is the worst opponent you can face. :banging:

stlrtruck
Just like the other 3 losses, it seems the PENS didn't get anyone in front of the net and once Montreal got a good lead all they needed to do was keep the players from being in front of the net.

stlrtruck
05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
congrats Halak and company, you did a great job in the first two series of the playoffs and I wish you luck in the next round.

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I just wish Fleury would have given us a chance. That's what sucks so bad, we were in such a deep hole because Fleury was worthless tonight. Give us quality goaltending and this would have been a game for the ages. But we got cheated out of that by Mr. Mediocrity.

JCPsteelers
This series was lost in game 6 when we crapped the bed with a 2-1 lead.. I still thought we'd win tonight but Montreal played a whole lot better.. Very disappointing.

And see ya later Gonchar.. YOu are truly an awful defenseman.

tony hipchest

i agree.

screw boston sports, and screw philly.

i am pulling for the blackhawks and will respectully hope halak kicks the 2 aformentioned sports town's fans in the balls.

JCPsteelers
05-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I just wish Fleury would have given us a chance. That's what sucks so bad, we were in such a deep hole because Fleury was worthless tonight. Give us quality goaltending and this would have been a game for the ages. But we got cheated out of that by Mr. Mediocrity.

How about the defenseman? Gonchar was completely awful tonight. I'm not defending Fleury but he didn't get a lot of help tonight... We didn't play any defense tonight.

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
props to the fans saluting the penguins, and most definite props the the players saluting the fans.

class act, after a loss, penguins! :tt02:

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Hypothetical question of the night.

What would the score have been if Halak had been in the Pens net and Fleury had been in the Canadians net?

My guess, Pens 7-1:banging:

Sorry, my venting is almost done. :chuckle:

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
How about the defenseman? Gonchar was completely awful tonight. I'm not defending Fleury but he didn't get a lot of help tonight... We didn't play any defense tonight.

Fleury was much worse than Gonchar. He's paid to be an elite goalie. He wasn't even close through most of this series.

zulater
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Please don't start the blame game folks... They wanted it more just like they did against the Caps.. Oh well..

It's tough not to when the better team loses. Sorry but that's sports.

X-Terminator
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM

Can't say it any better than that.

Congrats to the Habs on their win, and congrats to the Pens for 3 unbelievable seasons and that Cup championship that we all can still brag about to Philthy fans. :chuckle:

Goodbye, Mellon Arena. Lots of memories in there for me too. I'll miss the old barn, but I'm definitely looking forward to the brand-spanking-new Consol Energy Center next year!

One good thing about this is now I can get on with my summer - LOL!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Man this is gonna sting for a little while. Losing is one thing, but we got beat and embarrassed tonight. I have no idea what was wrong with Gonchar. Fleury gave up some really soft goals and gave up goals 1 out of every 3 shots, but he surely wasn't getting any help from Gonchar. Still is frightening that he have up goals on the first shot on 3 games this series.

This should have never gone to a game seven. We had plenty of chances to put them away, and didn't take advantage.

Halak is an amazing goaltender, nothing but respect for him. Hate to cheer for the team that just embarrassed us like they did tonight, but they are hungry and I don't think there is a more deserving team left in the playoffs.

RunWillieRun
05-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Hope montreal gets destroyed and whatever team comes out of the West takes the Cup. Maybe i'm just bitter, but the Pens played below their potential all series. Crosby was mediocre, Fleury was brutal, and the coaching was sub-par.

Sucks that they had to embarrass themselves and shit all over the Mellon arena in their last game in the old barn.

Hotrodder07
05-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Well, it's never fun getting eliminated, but the Pens had another great season, and we'll have many more opportunities at more Stanley Cups within the next 10 years. The future is very bright for this Pens team.

Great season, but a disappointing end.

And Good Bye Melon Arena. I can't wait to see the new Consol Energy Center.

Shea
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm sad to see the season end, but damn if I can't wait until the next one begins already.

Was hoping for another Cup that would finally be lifted in the ole barn but it wasn't meant to be. I fell in love with hockey years ago watching hours and hours played at Mellon, just wish I had made it to the Burgh before her doors were shut. Woulda, coulda, shoulda always sucks .....

I'm also hoping that Zulater won't become a regular in this thread. No offense, Zu!

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Well tonight our run ends bittersweet,

I am still proud to be a fan of this team. They sure as heck did a better job trying to repeat then there counterparts on the North Shore. That's for sure(I still love them to death to). I am saddened by the fact that a place that has the right to say I saw my first hockey game there, now is coming down. But if this wasn't happening, I may not have a hockey team to support down the line. It's great to that a new building awaits next year. It's going to be an exciting time for the next few years.

In the meantime we shall never forget you Mellon Arena. You have given us 49 years of memories, 43 of which involved the Penguins. We will never forget you

RIP Mellon Arena
September 19, 1961-May 12, 2010

NEPAsteeler
05-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Sadly, I was never able to make it out to see a game at the Igloo like I wanted to, but I'm already making plans to try to make it to the first game in the Consol Energy Center.

:tt02:

X-Terminator
05-12-2010, 11:31 PM
With a few tweaks, I can't see why this team can't get back to the Final next season. Yeah the loss hurts, but the future is brighter than the Sun at high noon. So don't hang your heads, hold them up high! This team will be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup again very soon!

I know I've already said my goodbyes to Mellon, but I can't say I'll miss the cramped concourses, the ramps, the nearly 50 year old concession stands, the long lines to get out of the parking lots and the nearly overwhelming stench of decades-old stale beer and nacho cheese coming from the vents outside the arena. Bring on Consol Energy Center!

tony hipchest
05-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm also hoping that Zulater won't become a regular in this thread. No offense, Zu!

yeah, no offense to Zu, but his repetitive and redundant posting served no other purpose other than to be really annoying, and almost rub the pens fans noses into the fact that they were losing.

i woulda expected as much from a habs troll.

sorry zu, but it is what it is.

you took 'overkill' to a new level. :thumbsup:

Shea
05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
With a few tweaks, I can't see why this team can't get back to the Final next season. Yeah the loss hurts, but the future is brighter than the Sun at high noon. So don't hang your heads, hold them up high! This team will be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup again very soon!

I completely agree.

We fans have a lot to look forward to. We are LOADED with young talent and the future is bright. And damn if this season hasn't just ended tonight, that I don't already want to see them back on the ice.

Can't wait til next season!

zulater
05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm sad to see the season end, but damn if I can't wait until the next one begins already.

Was hoping for another Cup that would finally be lifted in the ole barn but it wasn't meant to be. I fell in love with hockey years ago watching hours and hours played at Mellon, just wish I had made it to the Burgh before her doors were shut. Woulda, coulda, shoulda always sucks .....

Offense taken. I know hockey, I'll post as I please. :coffee:

zulater
05-12-2010, 11:50 PM
yeah, no offense to Zu, but his repetitive and redundant posting served no other purpose other than to be really annoying, and almost rub the pens fans noses into the fact that they were losing.

i woulda expected as much from a habs troll.

sorry zu, but it is what it is.

you took 'overkill' to a new level. :thumbsup:

What it is is that I was right on all accounts.

I'm not a Fleury hater, but his play tonight was detrimental. With normal quality goaltending tonight's game would have been classic and might still be going on.

Sorry the truth is so offensive.

steelpride12
05-13-2010, 12:02 AM

I'm not a Fleury hater, but his play tonight was detrimental. With normal quality goaltending tonight's game would have been classic and might still be going on.

Your not on here at all most of the season and get on for this game 7 and rant about all the negatives and mostly Fluery all night long! You have to expect to get beat on a little I mean come!

X-Terminator
05-13-2010, 12:04 AM

Whether you felt that way or not, a little more positive vibes couldn't have hurt. We got it the first 5 times you said it - this loss is Fleury's fault. :coffee: Sad thing is that most of the Pens' bandwagon fan base will agree with you.

Besides, the negative posts and vibes is MY territory!

tony hipchest

but what is it about 'overkill" that you dont understand? perhaps a pat on the back the 1st time you mentioned that fleury needed to be pulled woulda been suffiecient.

maybe a :cookie:

while there is no protocol for what a fan should should add to a gameday thread, there is no mistaking that a MTL troll would add nothing more than "the penguins suck, theyre gonna lose" X 20.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold

As I have stated I agree to a point, but he wasn't getting a lot of help either. Gonchar "the least interested man in the world" wasn't doing him any favors.

Thats the thing about Fleury, for every moment of brilliance is a :poop:

So, how are the Pirates doing :rofl:

zulater
05-13-2010, 12:09 AM
By the way I'm extremely optimistic going foward.I knew this game was going to be tough tonight. That's just the history of the league, the team that wins game 6 will usually win game 7 regardless of venue. And with the Pens and their history it's even more pronounced.

I like Shero and think he'll make the right tweaks to put this team right back in the thick of things. We also need Fleury to recapture his best game. Both he and Geno were too inconsistent this year.

I'd also love this team to come upon some real wingers. Remember back in Mario's days when we had guys like Joey Mullen, Rick Tochett, Kevin Stevens. Just one season I'd love to see Sid centering a line with those kind of wingers. I know pipe dream, it's a different era with the salary cap and all. Maybe we got a great one in the system coming along?

zulater
05-13-2010, 12:14 AM
As I have stated I agree to a point, but he wasn't getting a lot of help either. Gonchar "the least interested man in the world" wasn't doing him any favors.

Thats the thing about Fleury, for every moment of brilliance is a :poop:

So, how are the Pirates doing :rofl:

They both had bad nights. It's a shame we didn't finish it off in Montreal like we could have with normal luck. What did we hit 3 posts that night? And then the quick whistle that wiped Geno's goal. If we had been up by two like we should have been we'd be waiting for our next opponent right now and not bitching about either of these guys.

But that's why you got to take care of business when you can.

zulater
05-13-2010, 12:16 AM
but what is it about 'overkill" that you dont understand? perhaps a pat on the back the 1st time you mentioned that fleury needed to be pulled woulda been suffiecient.

maybe a :cookie:

while there is no protocol for what a fan should should add to a gameday thread, there is no mistaking that a MTL troll would add nothing more than "the penguins suck, theyre gonna lose" X 20.

With all due respect, get bent Tony. :hatsoff:

and keep your cookie too.

steelpride12
05-13-2010, 12:17 AM
They both had bad nights. It's a shame we didn't finish it off in Montreal like we could have with normal luck. What did we hit 3 posts that night? And then the quick whistle that wiped Geno's goal. If we had been up by two like we should have been we'd be waiting for our next opponent right now and not bitching about either of these guys.

But that's why you got to take care of business when you can.

And the Pen's failed to do that. We all know that by now. It's just nice to always be positive about our Pens no matter what. Even after tonight please just get ready for next season and for another run!

And yes the bitching and negative Vibes are all X-T!:chuckle:

steelpride12
05-13-2010, 12:20 AM
This thread should be closed soon so we can start discussing all Pens items in the Pen's Tidbit's section, so let's move over there everyone.

zulater
05-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Whether you felt that way or not, a little more positive vibes couldn't have hurt. We got it the first 5 times you said it - this loss is Fleury's fault. :coffee: Sad thing is that most of the Pens' bandwagon fan base will agree with you.

Besides, the negative posts and vibes is MY territory!

Positive or negative vibes on a message board have no influence whatsoever on what takes place on the ice.

Sorry but I don't think the better team won tonight and I think the fact that we were in such a huge hole early was the reason why that came about.

Fleury had an off night, he's been strong in game sevens in the past, it's a shame tonight wasn't up to his norm in that situation.

It's no different than if Ben throws 4 picks, for that game I find him to be the goat, but it doesnt mean i think he needs to be tossed away.

zulater
05-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh well there's some consolation in all this. With the Caps, Red Wings and Pens out you know NBC and Versus execs must be crying tonight. So long ratings.:chuckle:

MACH1
05-13-2010, 01:08 AM
It's all Arians fault. :wink02:

OneForTheToe
05-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh well..... can't make the finals every year. The teams still has the nucleus. We need to figure out what is going to happen with Gonch. Then, we need a little tinkering .... but we have to be one of the favorites next year. Get some rest a heal up boys.

tony hipchest
05-13-2010, 01:34 AM
With all due respect, get bent Tony. :hatsoff:

and keep your cookie too.a pat on the back it is then. :thumbsup:

that and a dollar :dollar: will buy you a cup of coffee: :coffee:

FWIW i wish they woulda pulled halek.

i wish they woulda pulled halek.

they shoulda pulled halek.

halek cost us the victory.

halek cost us the victory.

etc.

zulater
05-13-2010, 06:55 AM
It's amazing how forgiving of the Penguins we are. If this were the Steelers losing a home playoff game to a 9-7 team I just don't imagine I would be seeing all this love. If Ben had thrown 4 interceptions, ( Fleury) if Bettis back in the day had run for 30 yards on 20 carries( Sid and Geno), if James Harrison( Gonchar and Orpik) had been bulled over and carried 5 yards into the end zone we'd be blistering them all today.

The Pens played their worst playoff game in 3 years with the season on the line. They lost to a much inferior team. At home! It's ridiculous that players of that pedigree can come out with so little poise and basically lose everything in the first 20 minutes.

While technically the game wasn't over until the Canadians scored their 5th goal the fact is the way the series has been played it was over as soon as the 3rd goal went behind Fleury.

This ranks right there with the loss to the Islanders in 93 or the Steelers AFC championship game loss in 2001. It should have never happened. :banging:

HometownGal
05-13-2010, 08:00 AM
And see ya later Gonchar.. YOu are truly an awful defenseman.

And obviously YOu don't watch enough Pens hockey.

Serg didn't have his best game last night but neither did the rest of the team. They weren't hitting, they weren't checking and we were up against an extremely hot goalie along with a Habs team that had the momentum from Game 6 coming in. Also - this is the 3rd season in a row where the Pens made the playoffs, the last 2 had them playing until early June with only a few months off before they had to prepare for camp. It is very difficult for any NHL team in this day and age to win back to back championships.

Serg is 36 years old and has been a stellar defenseman for the Pens for his entire 5 year tenure here. He is our best defensemen and still one of the best in the league. He is also the QB on the Pens PP - y'know - what makes the PP tick? If you will remember back to last season's playoff run, the Pens were going nowhere fast until Gonchar returned from his injury. He came back at about the same time Therrien was canned and the Pens took off on their playoff run and Gonchar played admirably throughout the playoffs and in the SCF's. Every source here in the Burgh has stated that the Pens want to keep Gonchar and Gonchar wants to retire as a Pen and I have no doubt both sides will work fervently to make that happen. :hope:

As I said last night - I am extremely proud of this team and their accomplishments this season and I'm really looking forward to camp and the start of the 2011 season. :drink: :hatsoff:

WH
05-13-2010, 08:01 AM
It's amazing how forgiving of the Penguins we are. If this were the Steelers losing a home playoff game to a 9-7 team I just don't imagine I would be seeing all this love. If Ben had thrown 4 interceptions, ( Fleury) if Bettis back in the day had run for 30 yards on 20 carries( Sid and Geno), if James Harrison( Gonchar and Orpik) had been bulled over and carried 5 yards into the end zone we'd be blistering them all today.

The Pens played their worst playoff game in 3 years with the season on the line. They lost to a much inferior team. At home! It's ridiculous that players of that pedigree can come out with so little poise and basically lose everything in the first 20 minutes.

While technically the game wasn't over until the Canadians scored their 5th goal the fact is the way the series has been played it was over as soon as the 3rd goal went behind Fleury.

This ranks right there with the loss to the Islanders in 93 or the Steelers AFC championship game loss in 2001. It should have never happened. :banging:

Although people are dissapointed, hockey in general attracts a different kind of fan than the NFL and Steelers.

X-Terminator
05-13-2010, 08:29 AM

It's not that big of an upset. The Habs beating the Caps in the first round was similar to the '93 Isles over the Pens. This is more along the lines of the last time the Pens played the Habs in the playoffs in 1998, where they were the lower-seeded team and the Pens were one of the better teams in the East - I think they were 4th that year too - yet lost to the Habs in 6. And their home record in Game 7s pretty much speaks for itself - if the Pens are on the road, it's money in the bank (5-0); if they're at home, forget about it (2-5). I can't put my finger on the reason why that's the case.

Anyway, I think the reason why you aren't seeing anyone other than maybe the bandwagoners getting upset is because we all understand the toll it takes on a player to go to the Final 2 straight years and playing more than 300 total games in the past 3 seasons. That's a lot of hockey, and it's perfectly understandable that they'd run out of steam. The last team to go to 3 straight ECFs were the Bruins from 1990-92 (ironically the Pens beat them in 91 and 92, and they lost to Edmonton in the SCF in 90), and the last team to go to 3 straight SCFs was the Oilers from 1983-85. It's a tall order, especially nowadays with the salary cap, 6 new teams (since 1992), and so much parity in the league. Still though, like I said, the Pens just need a few tweaks and they'll be back in the Final again next year.

Fire Haley
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I have to hand it to the Habs, they did what no one thought they could do - shut down Sid and Malkin.

WH
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Mark Madden wrote:
Boy, that hurt.

I avoided visiting my old seats (D-27, row A, seats 7 and 8) before last night's Game 7 with Montreal. I didn't want to jinx the Penguins by paying final respects to my own personal piece of Mellon Arena before it was appropriate. As it turns out, superstition had nothing to do with the result. The Penguins just stunk.

Before I continue, much love to the 17,132 that packed the Igloo one final time. The crowd certainly reeled a bit when it was 4-0 Montreal but, instead of booing and reacting angrily, the citizens did their best to coax the Penguins back into the game. That made me feel a bit better (though no less teary-eyed) when, after the game, I made my way to the seats where my late mother and I had season tickets through the early '70s. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Much respect to the Canadiens fans who made the trip south. It's hockey's one true legendary franchise, and their supporters behaved with style.

So, what the hell happened?

Well, Marc-Andre Fleury was awful. As in Game 6, none of the goals was horrible. But a few dripped with blood, and you simply can't let them all in. Allowing good goals is one thing. Letting them add up is quite another. This doesn't diminish Fleury's past accomplishments one bit. But like the Penguins in general, Fleury never really got started this campaign. Didn't stink. Didn't match past heights, either.

Sergei Gonchar was terrible. Largely responsible for Montreal's second and fourth goals, he showed why he's simply not worth re-signing.

Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin struggled mightily. For the first time I can remember, Crosby lacked confidence. It was an odd sight. Malkin seemed spooked by Jaroslav Halak's excellence in Montreal's goal, trying to make the perfect play at the expense of several good shots. Halak robbed Malkin and Crosby in tight when the Pens had a power play to open the third period. If either scores there...?

Jordan Staal was the Penguins' best forward, kind of like being the sole survivor at Little Big Horn. Give that kid a Purple Heart. I'm glad he's on our side.

I wish the coaching was better. I'm not saying Dan Bylsma stunk, and I'm certainly not suggesting he be replaced. But I've seen his practices, and I'm not impressed. And when I see the Canadiens making tic-tac-toe plays off turnovers, like the series of passes that led to Mike Cammalleri's goal, I just know Jacques Martin's practices are better than Bylsma's. That comes from drills, from focused practice.

The further the Penguins get away from Michel Therrien, the more discipline and structure recede. Witness two unnecessary penalties in the game's first 32 seconds. Witness 0-for-6 on the power play. Bylsma needs to be less buddy, more boss.

The Penguins need to change. Crosby and Malkin need wings. Use Gonchar's and Bill Guerin's money to get better than what they've got. Crosby and Malkin shouldn't continually be asked to polish crap. Even Mario Lemieux couldn't do that indefinitely.

Spend on wings, gamble with lesser lights on defense and stick to a system that emphasizes team defense. In the Canadiens' system, Josh Gorges looks like Larry Robinson. Ben Lovejoy and Deryk Engelland will do fine given proper support. With more experience, Kris Letang will be a star. Alex Goligoski will be OK running the power play. He won't be Gonchar right away, but Gonchar isn't Gonchar anymore. Brooks Orpik is signed long-term. Retain Mark Eaton. There's your defense corps.

Re-sign Matt Cooke, even if he wants three years, as long as the money is reasonable. By November, Eric Tangradi fills a spot on the top two lines. He has to. As soon as July 1 hits, use that Gonchar cash to get a legit scoring winger. You're not going to get Ilya Kovalchuk. But do better than Ruslan Fedotenko this time.

Sign Colby Armstrong. What the heck.

The Pens have the best young nucleus in hockey. Fleury is 25, Malkin 23, Crosby 22, Staal 21. Those four give you a shot. You don't need any more superstar talent. You just have to find the pieces that fit best around that quartet. You're never far off.

Sincere gratitude to everyone involved with the Penguins this year, from ownership down to the equipment staff. It is, by far, the classiest organization in Pittsburgh sports. The players are quality performers and good guys. Last night was disappointing, but I can't wait for next year.

It's tough to single out any one player for special thanks, but Crosby has conducted himself with decorum and character since the moment he set foot in Pittsburgh. If there's any motivation for a fat 49-year-old with one heart attack under his belt to stay alive, it's to see what Sid does next. Go fishing, kid. You earned it.

Finally, God bless Mellon Arena and all who sailed with her. YNWA.

If Mark Madden did nothing but blog, we might all be tricked into thinking he's not a total assclown.

Indo
05-13-2010, 10:51 AM
My Final Official "Unofficial Assessment of the Game"

One Word: Eliminated

(another word: Disappointing)

AAAAAAAARGHH!!!

So Zu wants to beat up on Flower. But let's face it, it takes a WHOLE TEAM EFFORT to keep the puck out of the net. Like, well, what the Habs have been doing the whole series. They held the best player in the league to, what, two! goals total? I mean, this is the same guy that won the Gold for his country just a few months ago.

Letang only showed up for half of each game.

Gonchar just watched a goal skate by----he reminded me of Reed trying to make a tackle. "I'll just stick out my elbow as he skates by and....hey! Come Back Here!!!"

The Pens looked Brilliant at times---like they were The Defending Champions of Lord Stanley's Cup.
At other times it felt like I was watching a High School Hockey Club.

There were moments when we could have, and should have tied the thing up, but Halak was, well, incredible. As much as I HATE the fact that he killed us, I have nothing but Mad Respect for the guy. He was on his game for the whole series (and the previous one against the Crapitals). And, as much as I hate to admit it, he may take the Habs all the way.

We need some rest. And then get back to it.
I would NOT say goodbye to Gonch, or ANYBODY (OK, maybe Fedotenko). The Pens made ANOTHER run at the cup. They were beaten. It happens.

I got a little choked up thinking about all the time I have spent in the Igloo...
I saw my first concert there when I was 12----KISS
I have seen many other concerts since then.
And I got the privilege of watching Super Mario do his thing---one game he was on a breakaway (seems that Mario was ALWAYS on a breakaway); he got dragged down; so he's sliding on his @$$ and...HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!
I'll never forget seeing Coffey (I think it was on a New Year's Eve in the early '90s) outskate everyone on a breakaway with around 10 seconds left in the game---he scored to win!

Great Memories.

And, as Tony (I think) mentioned, I really like seeing when the Players salute the fans. It's Classy.

So this year has come to a close.
But next year is right around the corner...AFTER we make our next SUPERBOWL run!

I love da 'Guins.
Always will.

Indo
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Good post, WH.

X-Terminator
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Mark Madden wrote:

If Mark Madden did nothing but blog, we might all be tricked into thinking he's not a total assclown.

He's still a total assclown.

Let's see...Gonchar has one bad game, and he should be jettisoned? Are you serious, Mark? And go with "lesser lights" on D? I don't know if you were paying attention, but our D corps outside of Orpik and Gonchar have been downright brutal at times. And you want to make it worse by letting Gonchar walk and going with career minor leaguers like Lovejoy and Engelland (no offense to either and I like Engelland a lot, but they are what they are)? I have never understood the total lack of appreciation Gonchar has gotten from many Pens fans. Almost from day one the guy has been getting tarred and feathered, while he continues to put up numbers and makes our PP so much better. The man needs to be re-signed, plain and simple.

And of course, here's the predictable bashing of Dan Bylsma because he's "too lenient" in his practices, and as such the team lacked focus. If they don't win the Cup next year, expect calls for him to be fired the way some Steelers fans have been calling for Tomlin to be fired. Unbelievable.

Have another 3 dozen doughnuts, Mark.

WH
05-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Let's see...Gonchar has one bad game, and he should be jettisoned? Are you serious, Mark? And go with "lesser lights" on D? I don't know if you were paying attention, but our D corps outside of Orpik and Gonchar have been downright brutal at times. And you want to make it worse by letting Gonchar walk and going with career minor leaguers like Lovejoy and Engelland (no offense to either and I like Engelland a lot, but they are what they are)? I have never understood the total lack of appreciation Gonchar has gotten from many Pens fans. Almost from day one the guy has been getting tarred and feathered, while he continues to put up numbers and makes our PP so much better. The man needs to be re-signed, plain and simple.

And of course, here's the predictable bashing of Dan Bylsma because he's "too lenient" in his practices, and as such the team lacked focus. If they don't win the Cup next year, expect calls for him to be fired the way some Steelers fans have been calling for Tomlin to be fired. Unbelievable.

Have another 3 dozen doughnuts, Mark.

When you go off on Madden, it's the highlight of my day. I love it. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Indo
05-13-2010, 12:39 PM

I was thinking he's a Partial Assclown.

But perhaps I'm too lenient!:thumbsup: