PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. Pens/Habs. LETS GO PENS!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

steelerdude15
05-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Madden is a moron. Anyways, I was pretty upset that the Pens lost last night... They had a good run, but in the end it wasn't good enough. I salute them for having a good year. Hopefully next year they can return to the cup and I give it to the Habs for playing well. No matter what happens... I still love and support the Pens.

zulater
05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
My Final Official "Unofficial Assessment of the Game"

One Word: Eliminated

(another word: Disappointing)

AAAAAAAARGHH!!!

So Zu wants to beat up on Flower. But let's face it, it takes a WHOLE TEAM EFFORT to keep the puck out of the net. Like, well, what the Habs have been doing the whole series. They held the best player in the league to, what, two! goals total? I mean, this is the same guy that won the Gold for his country just a few months ago.

Letang only showed up for half of each game.

Gonchar just watched a goal skate by----he reminded me of Reed trying to make a tackle. "I'll just stick out my elbow as he skates by and....hey! Come Back Here!!!"

The Pens looked Brilliant at times---like they were The Defending Champions of Lord Stanley's Cup.
At other times it felt like I was watching a High School Hockey Club.

There were moments when we could have, and should have tied the thing up, but Halak was, well, incredible. As much as I HATE the fact that he killed us, I have nothing but Mad Respect for the guy. He was on his game for the whole series (and the previous one against the Crapitals). And, as much as I hate to admit it, he may take the Habs all the way.

We need some rest. And then get back to it.
I would NOT say goodbye to Gonch, or ANYBODY (OK, maybe Fedotenko). The Pens made ANOTHER run at the cup. They were beaten. It happens.

I got a little choked up thinking about all the time I have spent in the Igloo...
I saw my first concert there when I was 12----KISS
I have seen many other concerts since then.
And I got the privilege of watching Super Mario do his thing---one game he was on a breakaway (seems that Mario was ALWAYS on a breakaway); he got dragged down; so he's sliding on his @$$ and...HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!
I'll never forget seeing Coffey (I think it was on a New Year's Eve in the early '90s) outskate everyone on a breakaway with around 10 seconds left in the game---he scored to win!

Great Memories.

And, as Tony (I think) mentioned, I really like seeing when the Players salute the fans. It's Classy.

So this year has come to a close.
But next year is right around the corner...AFTER we make our next SUPERBOWL run!

I love da 'Guins.
Always will.

I only critisized his play last night. 4 goals on 13 shots in a game 7 doesn't give you much chance. I took it no further than that. I didn't attack his career, I haven't claimed we can't win with him. I simply voiced frustration over his effort last night.

I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.

:mad:

Indo
05-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Zu, Zu, Zu!

You're being too sensitive!

I wasn't trying to put any words in your mouth; I was merely pointing out what you had said (which, incidentally, I found amusing):

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=821173&postcount=1000

:thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Whelp - the almost impossible just happened. The Cryers beat the Bruins 4-3 and advance to the ECF's against the Habs. :puke:

NEPAsteeler
05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Eh... I just can't bring myself to root for any team from Boston. Congrats Philly. Good luck against the Habs.

Oh, and stay classy Boston fans. Way to throw stuff onto the ice.

Fire Haley
05-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Congrats Flyers

an epic history making choke job by Boston

Up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in Game 7 at home....and lose.

Classic Fail

St33lersguy
05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
:banging: Had the Pens won this series they would beat the Cryers

WH
05-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm a little dissapointed that Malkin laid down int he Habs series and then is immediately in the world championship. Gonchar not as much, aside from his failure of a performance in game 7.

WH
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
So here is what a Cryers fan posted on a local site after I posted how they haven't had a cup since 1974. He was on a Pen's forum attacking us.. I want the Habs to destroy!!

LMFAO
Dude, you're an insult to your attempted insult. The Flyers last won the cup in the 74-75 season. They've made the playoffs 36 out of 43 years, and they've been Conference champs 7 times. Let's look at the Pens, shall we. In 43 years, the Pens have only made the playoffs 25 times. They've been Conference champs 4 times, and wow..they have a whopping 1 cup more than Philly does. Please.... when you get some fact, and a little dose of reality, come talk. Until then, take the blue pills to curb the delusions.
1 more cup is one more cup. nuff said.

SteelCityMan786
05-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I'd like to alert that Flyers fan, that the Pens have won 3 Cups Since our Nation's Bicentenial.

Fire Haley
05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Had the Pens won this series they would beat the Cryers

I doubt it - they looked worse and worse as the series went on, they would have probably just layed down and died with barely a whimper, like they did against the Habs.

WH
05-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember i was in a chat room and i philly fan was getting on me about the Wings beating the Pens for the cup. I just said ''hey don't get shitty with me brother, we both can be proud of Pennsylvania nFL teams- between the two teams, PA has 6 superbowls'' he got so mad all he could say was ''f you''

WH
05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I doubt it - they looked worse and worse as the series went on, they would have probably just layed down and died with barely a whimper, like they did against the Habs.

if the pens had to go out, i'd rather they go out the Habs than those turd stains.

Fire Haley
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Like I said before - the Olympics killed our Cup chances this year - Sid was plain wore out at the end - he had nothing left in his legs, no jump at all and Fleury was rolling along before the break and came back totally messed up in the head after sitting on the bench for weeks. They looked weaker and weaker as the series went on.

SteelCityMan786
05-16-2010, 12:36 PM
To the writer from the Patriot News, let me know when the Flyers win the cup again. I'm pretty sure the last time it happened, our nation was 199.

SteelCityMan786
05-16-2010, 07:42 PM
The season after I was born 74-75...

So a guy walks into a bar and eventually gets into a sports arguement about the Flyers and the Penguins with a few Flyers fans. The Flyers fans try to convince the Penguins fan about how they feel the Flyers were so much better over the last couple of years. What did the Penguin fan say after that?

Which event happened more recently Our Nations Bicentenial or the Last time the Flyers won the Stanley Cup?

Oh and what other event(s) happened more recently, Philadelphia's last Stanley Cup, or Pittsburgh's last 3.

steelpride12
05-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I cannot believe right now the Flyers are leading 4 to 0 on the Habs. So let me guess they are going to blow the Habs out of this series and go to the Stanley Cup FInals. I will truly cry! I can't stand them and in no one will I ever think they deserve to be this far!

zulater
05-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Whoever goes to the finals from the East will get the shit kicked out of them by the Blackhawks or Sharks. And I'd just as soon the Flyers win than the Canadians. If you heard Sid's post game comments I think he's on the same page as me. A team that gets outchanced by a 2-1 margin every game is going to run out of luck eventually.

steelpride12
05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Whoever goes to the finals from the East will get the shit kicked out of them by the Blackhawks or Sharks. And I'd just as soon the Flyers win than the Canadians. If you heard Sid's post game comments I think he's on the same page as me. A team that gets outchanced by a 2-1 margin every game is going to run out of luck eventually.

Oh yes no matter who advances I know the Stanley Cup winner is going to be either the Sharks or Hawks because I cannot see the Cryer's beating them in a series either team, so that is a relief, but not carved in stone.

SteelCityMan786
05-16-2010, 09:26 PM
I cannot believe right now the Flyers are leading 4 to 0 on the Habs. So let me guess they are going to blow the Habs out of this series and go to the Stanley Cup FInals. I will truly cry! I can't stand them and in no one will I ever think they deserve to be this far!

Remember what happened in Game 2 of the Pens/Habs Series? Pretty sure Halak got pulled in game 1 then rebounded nicely in Game 2. Just Saying that Philly might still go to Montreal tied at 1.

steelpride12
05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Remember what happened in Game 2 of the Pens/Habs Series? Pretty sure Halak got pulled in game 1 then rebounded nicely in Game 2. Just Saying that Philly might still go to Montreal tied at 1.

Oh believe me I know anything can and will happen in their series I just get flushed seeing the Flyer's do what they have done so far. Come back being down 3 and 0 in a series which is only the third time in the NHL! Surely all because I Despise them with a passion so rooting for them to lose is my next goal! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
05-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought I'd never say this, but GO HABS GO!!! There's no way in hell I could ever root for any team from Philthy. And if they do win it, I hope the Sharks or Hawks blow them out of the water. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is those bastards hoisting the Cup and give those asshole fans something else to gloat about.

steelpride12
05-16-2010, 10:40 PM
I thought I'd never say this, but GO HABS GO!!! There's no way in hell I could ever root for any team from Philthy. And if they do win it, I hope the Sharks or Hawks blow them out of the water. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is those bastards hoisting the Cup and give those asshole fans something else to gloat about.

You have no idea how perfectly you said that! I agree 100% nothing more to say, but read ^ and understand! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WH
05-17-2010, 12:48 AM
6-0 flyers.

See what happens when you don't have a defense turning the puck over in their zone and a goalie that doesn't let in bullshit goals? Momentum....control....goal scoring.

I hate Philadelphia.

Fire Haley
05-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Go Flyers - that 'ole ole ole' shit really pissed off the Habs fans.

I hope Habs get swept

WH
05-17-2010, 09:37 AM
huh? They have something in the first place?

X-Terminator
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
huh? They have something in the first place?

They're still gloating about that World Series title and their TWO MILLION FANS!!!! that showed up to their parade. :coffee: :jerkit:

GO HABS GO!!!

WH
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
They're still gloating about that World Series title and their TWO MILLION FANS!!!! that showed up to their parade. :coffee: :jerkit:

GO HABS GO!!!

If they take away all the homeless people that line the streets in Philly, 500 people showed up.

steelpride12
05-17-2010, 10:55 AM
You know the more I think about I would much rather watch the Cryers lose in the SCF than the ECF it's a much bigger downfall for them and well seeing them get their asses kicked is one of my favorite hobbies! :chuckle:

WH
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529390&navid=DL|PIT|home

could have used this effort from Geno last week. grrr