PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Rome

BB2W
02-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Ben will be on the Jim Rome show on TV coming up next. :cool:

He just played Holmgren comments about having to play the guys in stripes too... after he played the clip he said. "That was classy why don't you just get some cardboard and tin foil and make your own Lombardi trophey and tell them you did win it"

:rofl:

Sharkissle29
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
suprisingly enough, rome is the only smart person out there (media wise). hes made great points against the "refs were on the steelers side." normally i hate rome, but he has definitely gone up since after the superbowl.

CASTEEL
BWAHHHAAAAAAHAAAAa

OMG that was great!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am at work and don't have radio. If anyone can record Ben for me, I would appreciate it!!!

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!

BB2W
He is on right now. :smile:

Prosdo
Turned it on now. What else was said BB2W?

BB2W
02-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Turned it on now. What else was said BB2W?
You didn't miss much... he said the parade was unreal and that the Steelers have the best fans in the world. He also said that after watching the film he does think the ball crossed the plain of the goaline, but when he landed he was short. He said he's not going to comment on the refs... he just wants to enjoy the victory.

Prosdo
02-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Cool. Thanks BB2W.

BB2W
02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Rome just said that after the Steelers won he knew something was missing. I thought he was gonna say the post game handshake between the two coaches, and he says...

"The post game riots... Congrats to Pittsburgh for being the first city not to set yourselves on fire after winning the Superbowl. I was beginning to think those two things went hand in hand"

:laughing:

Koopa
02-07-2006, 05:06 PM
rome is the man. and **** holmgren at first i was hoping the seahawks would be right back in the mix next season but now i hope alexander leaves and that team falls apart, **** all you bastards in seattle

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Thats great, thanks for the 411 guys !!

SalukiSteelers
02-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Man, Ben should have just gone ahead and shaved off the goatee, too. That thing was brutal, wasn't it? Guess you can't have it all, though. My goat comes in great but I'm broke and don't have an SB ring. Think he'd trade with me??

43Hitman
02-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Man, Ben should have just gone ahead and shaved off the goatee, too. That thing was brutal, wasn't it? Guess you can't have it all, though. My goat comes in great but I'm broke and don't have an SB ring. Think he'd trade with me??

Lol, write him a letter....you never know...lol!

Haiku_Dirtt
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
suprisingly enough, rome is the only smart person out there (media wise). hes made great points against the "refs were on the steelers side." normally i hate rome, but he has definitely gone up since after the superbowl.

You don't like Romey? I have to admit when I first caught his radio show when he was only in San Diego I couldn't change the channel fast enough. Then I realized it was more the callers that s__cked.

Since 1990, he has been one of the most innovative sports radio guys. I still recall dozens of interviews he did years ago. Can't say that about too many.

He is a class act off air and a smart one on air.