PDA

View Full Version : Is it underrated or not?????

Willem Gerber
04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Age in the NFL is a big problem apparently....but why?

Would you rather start a seasoned veteran over a unproven rookie? Take the Raiders for example...They have JaMarcus Russel at QB, which is probably the biggest bust in NFL history....Why didnt they sign a veteran QB that at least had a rating of above 80 in his career??? Sure you want to prepare for the future, but there wont be a future if you keep losing anyway? The old proven QB could at least win a few more games and coach the younger QB's to an extent.

What about my beloved Colts? Phillip Wheeler played OK at best last year, hes a good athlete, but not the smartest of players...and our defence is fairly simple compared to most...Surely you can perform more than average at best...Why didint they sign Derrick Brooks for vet minimum...Im sure in Brooks's shoes some pay and playing time is better than sitting at home. And surely the one-time defensive MVP can do alot more than Wheeler, and help Wheeler along the line.

And then comes the Broncos. Most of their secondary players are older than 30. They averaged only 186 passing yards per game...3rd in the NFL. Sure they had some help from Elvis at OLB,but only him. Champ Bailey,Ty Law and Brian Dawkins are all well over 30 and they performed magically as a unit...

The Patriots is also a great example when they were winning Superbowls. How many of those defensive starters was considered old? If Im not mistaken most of them wore, or the core players at least.

I will agree with HB's on age though...even the best (Emmit Smith) slowed down and lost "average".

I think experience is more valuable than age...If you give me a choice between talent and supreme experience from proven oldies, I would take the Oldies...Experience can not be taught.

Your thoughts?

P.S Dont burn me, just my 2c

HometownGal
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Why do you think a lot of younger men prefer us cougars? :wink: :chuckle:

Seasoned vets win over inexperienced youth hands down (imho).

Willem Gerber
04-30-2010, 10:25 AM
hahahaha LOL yeah the mechanics is "fine tuned" for vets

devilsdancefloor
04-30-2010, 10:57 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rrm361.jpg

Godfather
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM

http://www.sprintusers.com/wallpapers/uploadedfiles/112505cubs.jpg

How YOU doin'?

Bng_Hevn
05-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Experience can't be taught? To teach, or to learn, is to come to know by repetition. That, by definition, is "experience".

It takes time to teach, it takes time to get "experience".

Experience not only can be taught, it is the definition of being taught.

silver & black
05-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Experience can't be taught? To teach, or to learn, is to come to know by repetition. That, by definition, is "experience".

It takes time to teach, it takes time to get "experience".

Experience not only can be taught, it is the definition of being taught.

Experience is only obtained after one begins.

Unfortunately, the NFL does things the opposite of what the rest of the working world does; it pays huge sums of money for inexperience, while paying the more experienced less, as they gain more knowledge.

Willem Gerber
05-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Experience is only obtained after one begins.

Unfortunately, the NFL does things the opposite of what the rest of the working world does; it pays huge sums of money for inexperience, while paying the more experienced less, as they gain more knowledge.

And that is soooo stupid. The Raiders must be kicking themselves because JaMarcus Russel is on a 72million contract, where someone like Mark Bulger or any other decreased vet would cost less and probably win more.

Godfather
05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
And that is soooo stupid. The Raiders must be kicking themselves because JaMarcus Russel is on a 72million contract, where someone like Mark Bulger or any other decreased vet would cost less and probably win more.

Bad example...the Raiders were willing to spend a top ten pick on Darius Heyward Bay but not Ben Roethlisberger. :toofunny:

silver & black
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Bad example...the Raiders were willing to spend a top ten pick on Darius Heyward Bay but not Ben Roethlisberger. :toofunny:

Yeah, no sh*t! :banging:

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah, no sh*t! :banging:

you didn't really want them to steal roethlisberger did you ? :noidea:

Willem Gerber
05-04-2010, 03:05 AM

LOL that...I missed...but we do not need to ponder on the fact that Al Davis is an idiot...:chuckle:

Don't you think some vets would somehow help the young Raiders evolve?