PDA

View Full Version : Needing a boat in Nashville!

SteelersGirlTN7
05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Wow... it's pretty bad here in Antioch and Franklin where I work! I've never seen emergency crews have to rescue people in boats. 8-12 inches of rain in some areas just since this morning.

I've attached some local pictures of how bad it is. They have closed I-24 at the exit closest to me - the creek has overflowed onto the interstate. A mobile classroom from a nearby school was seen floating down the road. Unfortunately, they have just announced the first fatality drowning.

It could get much worse - more rain is coming tomorrow with some new storms forming in Arkansas.

Keep the middle Tennesseans in your thoughts,

Vincent
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Have a lot of family in and around N'ville. Be safe and well. Prayers sent.

SteelersGirlTN7
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Thank you ...

Finally the rains have subsided for the most part... after setting rain records.. There have been a lot of water rescues in Bellevue, Antioch, other places. I saw a big brick house ripped off it's foundation and moved to the middle of the road! That's just amazing! 2 houses that are not even near a creek, just collapsed!

13+ inches in 2 days!! Roads are still flooded, some with 2 feet of water. Water is starting to recede a little bit, however, theres a LOT of water and it's going to have to go somewhere! Some areas are in good shape, but because others aren't - you just can't get to the ones that are! I won't be going to work tomorrow, because every possible way I can get there, a part of the route is under water!

My parking lot started ponding a little bit earlier finally after so much rain, but it has receded. So the worst thing that has happened at my apartment, other than cabin fever, is with so much rainy, dirty water standing, it smells pretty bad! Thankfully, that has mostly gone away.

It's like a 500 year flood, something I won't see again in my lifetime (hopefully)

Galax Steeler
05-03-2010, 04:51 AM
I wish everyone the best. Those pictures looked pretty bad with what you all are dealing with.

Borski
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
UCJr1ByKsOs

SteelersinCA
05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I wonder what's illegal about wakeboarding in the road? Ought to be an interesting case to fight. I doubt there is a law on the books about it, but maybe.

NJarhead
05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Be safe SteelersGirl.

OT - Isn't one of the Marines who raised the flag at Iwo Jima from Antioch?

Franklin Sousley maybe?