PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl........what the hell?

brianski71
02-07-2006, 06:28 PM
is ben really that bad?.....hes a damn super bowl qb!!!!.....it was bad enough that he wasnt on the original team.......but brady and palmer got hurt......he HAD to be in right? of course not........trent green? PLEASE jake plummer?? COME ON.......steve mcnair??????!!!!!!!! if i recall they were 4-12 this year!!!! we are WORLD CHAMPS!!!! yeah maybe ben was hurt a quarter of the year, but he made up for those missed games by playing flawlessly through the playoffs while those jagoffs sat at home!!!....i realize that ben will probably not play anyway due to his thumb injury but he should at least have the honor of being named to the team!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATS UP??????:tt: :sign08:

43Hitman
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Dude he has plenty of years left in his career to make the Pro-bowl..I would much rather see him with a ring than play in some measly exhibition game.

SteelerzGirl
02-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I agree. Ben's gone through a lot of injuries this year and I'd prefer he stayed home and healed up for next season. He will have a ton of chances to be in the Pro Bowl, I'm sure. :smile:

Koopa
02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
who cares about a pointless pro bowl game? they base this shit off the regular season, not the post season and ben missed a few games, and like hitman said, he's young, it's not the end of the world if he don't get in right now. winning a superbowl is 901654510321350635132135103213540324 times better then being a starter for the pro bowl team

3 to be 4
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
steve mcnair made the pro bowl????? heh heh heh

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree. Ben's gone through a lot of injuries this year and I'd prefer he stayed home and healed up for next season. He will have a ton of chances to be in the Pro Bowl, I'm sure. :smile:

my thoughts on the matter are exactly the same. I'm happy for him that he gets time to relax and (hopefully) fully heal before next season. I have no doubt he'll be in Hawaii plenty of times in his career

FisherMOM
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I can hear Hines Kissing the trophy every time I see that picture!

Damn I love that picture!!! mmmmmmmmm-wah!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Ben's stats didnt dictate a pro bowl nomination during the regular season when the votes were counted. he was out 3 games and came back and wasnt fully recovered for another week or so after that.

we all know he's pro bowl worthy but he'll get his chances in the future, dont worry.

brianski71
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
i know!! thats what i was saying id MUCH MUCH rather see him w/ the ring on his finger and dont expect him to play in a pointless game even if he is nominated.......but im just saying that he deserves to be a pro bowler!!

05 WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!!!
STARTING ON THE OTHER HAND NEXT YEAR!!!

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 11:30 PM
if it meant an extra $500,000 or so id be bummed if i werent nominated and he had as many td's and fewer int than jake plummer in the regular season despite missing about 4 games.

Brady12
02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I would take Green and maybe Plummer over Ben, but never McNair... Let's hope were not trailing in the 4th Quarter.

brianski71
02-08-2006, 12:19 AM
green.....no.........plummer HELL NO..........mcnair.....**** NO!!........brady......NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!

Mamaduck43
02-08-2006, 02:09 AM
Well, I would love to see Ben play over here in the Pro Bowl, but outside of the honor of being selected, it is just another opportunity for a QB to get injured....

They had some of the players on the local news tonight - - Chad Anderson was talking about how he has something special planned for his end zone celebration - - he said we have been warned and not to be surprised..... I seem to remember that he had something planned for the playoffs, but never got a chance to use it.....

On the same note, Shawn Alexander is now on the probably won't play list.... He is here, but he said that he sprained his ankle during the SB, but he didn't notice it until it swelled up this morning....... Interesting..... Funny - - he didn't get to do his end zone Motor City connected celebration on Sunday either....

You would think that these clowns would learn to get there first before they start celebrating...... Sigh.....

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 10:06 AM
i heard on the radio that ben was asked to fill in for plummer and declined, so they went with mcnair. maybe he finally hit the sophmore wall or rookie jinx caught up to him ;)

it just wont seem right without cowher there though. bet on the afc to lose. and it will really suck not to have hines there. his preformance last year was awesome and he shouldve been the mvp. i know alot of people hate this game but watching him catch a bomb from manning and return another td was excellent.

BlackNGold203
02-08-2006, 12:01 PM
and it will really suck not to have hines there. his preformance last year was awesome and he shouldve been the mvp. i know alot of people hate this game but watching him catch a bomb from manning and return another td was excellent.

AMEN to that..Rod Smith is there?..instead of Hines????

Oh..Shanny's the coach..I forgot...LOL

trust me..these guys are HAPPY to bypass Hawaii as a tradeoff for what they are now experiencing.

OX1947
02-08-2006, 01:00 PM
i heard on the radio that ben was asked to fill in for plummer and declined, so they went with mcnair. maybe he finally hit the sophmore wall or rookie jinx caught up to him ;)

it just wont seem right without cowher there though. bet on the afc to lose. and it will really suck not to have hines there. his preformance last year was awesome and he shouldve been the mvp. i know alot of people hate this game but watching him catch a bomb from manning and return another td was excellent.

Yah, I heard that too on the radio. I think he is having surgury on his thumb otherwise he would have gone. Too bad, I would have loved to have seen him play at least 2 or 3 series. Hope he gets well for next year. And not too many people are talking about him being tough. Playing with a broken thumb on your throwing hand, that is Brett Favreske..

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
No Pro Bowl, but they said somewhere here he will be at the grammys tonite, he might hook up, Whats Better???

SteelCityMan786
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
It's the people who ignore Big Ben that keep him out of the Pro Bowl.