PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on wr coach bruce arians

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
j. clayton reported he may be the one to replace the whizzinator if he takes the oakland job. arians was the o-coord of the brownies (the year we last beat them in the playoffs i believe.)

with the loss of jerome, a great swing man like willie and the development of ben, could this lead to another shift from the run 1st philosophy to more of a balanced passing game? it seems like a natural evolution and as much as id hate to see a repeat of the maddox experiment it is obvious ben is much more capable than maddox. regardless cowher calls the shots and im sure arians would be just like wisenhunt and maintain a run first steeler mantra in the name of career advancement.

TasmanianTroy271
02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Could be "D!ck Hoak too, our RB coach. I know you can't make Bettis much better than he is, but he's done a good job with Verron and Willie.

tony hipchest
02-07-2006, 08:35 PM
being that hoak has been there since the noll era and the 70's i dont think hes looking for too much advancement or responsibility. hes old and in a comfort zone. kinda like moore (the offensive co-ord of the colts)

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Arians, Whipple or Grimm would be candidates IF Whiz leaves...

WWIIOwheelz
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I think it's absolutely going to be someone with a bit of the same passing flair & creativity Wiz has. Bottom-line, the guy got us over the hump. The running game pays huge dividends, and is the foundation to have, but I don't think many would argue that the passing game got us the biggest wins this season, namely the playoff run to get to the big dance.