PDA

View Full Version : NFL Stands behind SB Refs

bigbensgirl7
02-07-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11210113/

:blurp:

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
That led to plenty of public scrutiny of the officiating, but Aiello said Monday the league is satisfied with the performance of its officials during the postseason.

"It was a very well-officiated playoffs, including the Super Bowl," he said.

I'm not sure even Steelers fans can agree with this statement... :wink:

Koopa
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
of course they are, they ain't gonna come out twice in one year and say the refs sucked ass.

SteelersNation7
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Shawn Alexander....Being the Tide fan that I am, can say atleast you have some class unlike your coach.

SteelCityMan786
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
No Kidding GoStillers. We Got Ripped Off A Few Times. All of the 12 Teams in it did at least once.

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
However, THIS is just as laughable:

A first-quarter touchdown pass from quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to wide receiver Darrell Jackson was nullified by an offensive pass-interference call on Jackson. Jackson used his right arm to lightly shove Steelers safety Chris Hope, and back judge Bob Waggoner threw a flag as Hope began to protest.

"I didn't even touch him," Jackson said. "I guess that's how it is when you are on the road, and I guess that's how it is when you are going against the world."

"I DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HIM?" That shoots down any credibility he had on the play. Yeah, it was a foul. Yeah, it was ticky-tacky. But to say he DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH him? C'mon.

SteelersGuru
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
From what I could see, it appeared that Hope had Jackson locked up and Jackson pushed his arms out to free himself and catch the ball. Just my honest opinion on that one. Would like to see it again to make sure that was what I saw. You're right though, Jackson definitely touched him, but hard to call it a push when Hope didn't go backwards when he broke free.

Haiku_Dirtt
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
However, THIS is just as laughable:

"I DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HIM?" That shoots down any credibility he had on the play. Yeah, it was a foul. Yeah, it was ticky-tacky. But to say he DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH him? C'mon.

Maybe he meant he didn't "touch him" in the biblical sense? After all his hand was above the waist.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Maybe he meant he didn't "touch him" in the biblical sense? After all his hand was above the waist.
[Darrell Jackson/Bill Clinton]
" I..... did not..... have any physical-contact..... with that Steeler, Chris Hope.....

These allegations are false..... and I need to get back to a microphone and whine so-more..... "
[/Darrell Jackson/Bill Clinton]
:crying01: :crying02: :screwy: :jerkit:

Haiku_Dirtt
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
From what I could see, it appeared that Hope had Jackson locked up and Jackson pushed his arms out to free himself and catch the ball. Just my honest opinion on that one. Would like to see it again to make sure that was what I saw. You're right though, Jackson definitely touched him, but hard to call it a push when Hope didn't go backwards when he broke free.

It doesn't need to be a push to be a penalty. I reviewed it. It was a stiff arm. The timing of the contact merely only left Hope in a standing position and that is what is making the call most controversial.

But the effect of the contact was TWO-FOLD. No matter how little, it clearly put Hope at an unfair disadvantage by essentially 'freezing him in his tracks' at the precise moment he was changing direction to make a play...and second, the stiff arm by Jackson provided additional leverage which added acceleration to his change of direction thus creating a bigger separation.

Compare the latter to a swimmer starting a lap in the middle of the pool vs. starting a lap by using their legs to push off the pool wall.

Seattle fans should be directing their anger at Jackson. From the replay he had the edge already without breaking the rules. Receivers already have every conceivable edge. It's not only about time that they call this but the NFL at the beginning of the season expressly instructed the officials to start calling it.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
It's not only about time that they call this but the NFL at the beginning of the season expressly instructed the officials to start calling it.
Few are arguing that Jackson made contact with Hope:
what IS blowing peoples minds is that the officiating crew actually CALLED IT correctly!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 09:42 PM
The NFL will always stand behind their officials no matter what.. always have and always will..

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Few are arguing that Jackson made contact with Hope:
what IS blowing peoples minds is that the officiating crew actually CALLED IT correctly!

That's my point -- the ONLY one arguing that is Jackson. That's not the argument at hand. Jackson didn't get Seattle's post-SB talking points.

melroseplace
02-07-2006, 10:56 PM
glad to see that the NFL agrees that the calls were legit

CASTEEL
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
The NFL will always stand behind their officials no matter what.. always have and always will..

Now now......when they actually BLOW a call they will admit it, as in the case of Troy's interception!

They are going to stand behind the calls made in the SB because, well, they were actually the correct calls!

ONE FOR THE THUMB....DONE!

bozz723
02-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok,

First, D-Jack pushed Chris Hope, he fully extended his right arm and pushed Chris Hope.n't push Chris Hope he doesn't catch that ball. That was most definately pass interference, and I can't figure out why people are even coming close to complaining about this call.

brianski71
02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
umm.....whats all the bitchin about? if i recall we won the game by 11 and that only would have given them 4 more points so whats the big deal? and it WAS pass interference