PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Draft Grades Video - Pittsburgh Steelers

EmDiggy
05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Good Morning SteelersFever.com!!

Thanks for ya'll support and I greatly appreciate it!!:tt04:

Here's my take on the Steelers draft.. Enjoy!

Emory

EmDiggy
05-04-2010, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo38jjKgQFY

It would help if I posted the video :)

pete74
05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I watched it and liked your outlook on the players.

EmDiggy
05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I watched it and liked your outlook on the players.

Thanks Chief!!

rthorsn
05-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I think this was a solid video overall. One thing I disagreed with was the comment towards the end about our CB situation. We did only draft 1 CB but we also reacquired McFadden (who knows our system very well). Also we have 2 CBs we took last year with Lewis and Burnett. I am sure the team has high hopes for them in there second full season. Also with McFadden returning we can move Gay back to our Nickle CB. A role he excelled at in 08'.

Psyychoward86
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
We already cut A.J Trump :sofunny:

SteelKnight
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Good Morning SteelersFever.com!!

Thanks for ya'll support and I greatly appreciate it!!:tt04:

Here's my take on the Steelers draft.. Enjoy!

Emory

You made the picks sound good...particularly by sharing your second round grade on Scott. If that pans out, this could be an awesome draft.

If they wanted to go CB, they should have done it in the first round with Kyle Wilson. All the good corners were gone by 2nd round.

GBMelBlount
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice analysis and presentation Emory.

Good job. :thumbsup:

43Hitman
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Nice job, I enjoyed it.

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
nice work...

EmDiggy
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Nice analysis and presentation Emory.

Good job. :thumbsup:

Nice job, I enjoyed it.

nice work...

Thanks Guys!!

We already cut A.J Trump :sofunny:

Damn...that didn't take long! lol

I think this was a solid video overall. One thing I disagreed with was the comment towards the end about our CB situation. We did only draft 1 CB but we also reacquired McFadden (who knows our system very well). Also we have 2 CBs we took last year with Lewis and Burnett. I am sure the team has high hopes for them in there second full season. Also with McFadden returning we can move Gay back to our Nickle CB. A role he excelled at in 08'.

Good explanation.. McFadden is an awesome pickup for you guys.!

You made the picks sound good...particularly by sharing your second round grade on Scott. If that pans out, this could be an awesome draft.

If they wanted to go CB, they should have done it in the first round with Kyle Wilson. All the good corners were gone by 2nd round.

I agree.. In my mock draft I had you guys taking Kyle Wilson... Thanks for the feedback!

steelerdude15
05-05-2010, 12:11 AM
It was a really nice video, I'm really impressed. I liked how you include clips of the players in games and at the combine and of pictures of certain ones.

markymarc
05-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Very nice feedback and thanks for sharing it. IMO you are dead on about getting Dwyer. He was an absolute steal in the 6th round.

St33lersguy
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
You forgot to mention how the steelers did virtually nothing to address the DL. You also looked solely at the players they got and not whether they addressed their most important needs (which they didn't)

markymarc
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
You forgot to mention how the steelers did virtually nothing to address the DL. You also looked solely at the players they got and not whether they addressed their most important needs (which they didn't)

So please share your knowledge on why exactly the DL had to be addressed this year in the draft.

St33lersguy
05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
So please share your knowledge on why exactly the DL had to be addressed this year in the draft.

Because the defensive line is getting up there in age, one guy who made the team last year will be under 30 by the start of the season. Aaron Smith has been on IR in 2 of the past 3 seasons. The NT position, the most important in the 3-4, features the aging Casey Hampton who is on the decline and Chris Hoke who is older than Hampton. In such an important position as the defensive line the steelers currently have Ziggy Hood, a bunch of guys over 30 who experienced a lot of wear and tear and late round picks/rookie free agents and they need their NT for the future.

markymarc
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Because the defensive line is getting up there in age, one guy who made the team last year will be under 30 by the start of the season. Aaron Smith has been on IR in 2 of the past 3 seasons. The NT position, the most important in the 3-4, features the aging Casey Hampton who is on the decline and Chris Hoke who is older than Hampton. In such an important position as the defensive line the steelers currently have Ziggy Hood, a bunch of guys over 30 who experienced a lot of wear and tear and late round picks/rookie free agents and they need their NT for the future.

Thanks for responding. I am right there with you when it comes to the DL age. Yes our veteran players are all over 30, but they also still have game left in their bodies. I understand that Aaron Smith ended up on IR 2 of the last 3 seasons, but when he is healthy IMO he is the best 3-4 end in the NFL.

I also don't see Brett Keisel or Casey Hampton slowing down anytime soon. Chris Hoke has proven he can start for this team if Casey goes down. Chris and Casey will be just fine manning the NT position in 2010.

We still have Nick Eason and he has played well the past 2 seasons for this team, when he was needed. Ziggy Hood was a first round pick and is only going to get better this season. Now we don't know what RaShon Harris could do if he needed to play, but the Steelers thought enough of his talent to bring him back once the Panthers released him. IMO he played very well in preseason last year and can only get better after 1 year in the system.

The other players fighting to make this team are Steve McLendon, Scott Paxson, Cordarrow Thompson and don't forget we did draft a DE in the 7th round in Doug Worthington. If you give Worthington 2 seasons on the PS, he could very well turn into a player for us.

Let's not forget that you can't address all positions in the draft. The only positions we really missed out on were TE, DL and Safety. We do though have very solid depth at OL, WR, RB, ILB, OLB and CB. I would be very surprised if the main focus in the 2011 draft would not be DL. Now if the FO doesn't focus on that position next year, then we may have a problem. But for now I truly believe our DL will be just fine.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
05-10-2010, 04:20 PM

I disagree. At the DE position we are fine. We just drafted Ziggy last year in the first round. Did you expect them to draft another in the early rounds? Plus look at the players who have started DE for us in the recent past. Aaron Smith- 4th Round Pick.
Brett Keisel- 7th Round Pick. Kimo von Oelhoffen- UDFA. Wr have a nack for turing late round DE's into starters. Who to say Worthington and Harris don't turn out the same way.

Also how do figure Hapton is wearing down? Strictley from a statistical stand point. Casey had the best season of his career in 2009 (43 tackles and 2.5 sacks both career highs). I'll give you the he's getting old arguement but his play has not dropped off.