PDA

View Full Version : Who has Verizon Fios?

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I've heard I can actually get the NFL Sunday Ticket via DirectV, but as a customer of Verizon Fios. I'm looking into it, but I figured I'd ask around, thanks.

Indo
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Dyslexic today?

jsut aksing...

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Dyslexic today?

jsut aksing...

Here smarty:

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/directv.htm

Tell me what sense you can make out of this....

:coffee: :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 04:25 PM
:doh: Oh. I wrote "How" instead of "who." lol

What a dope. :chuckle:

UPDATE: Thank you to the Mod who fixed that for me. :drink:

Indo
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry...I just couldn't help amusing myself at your expense! :thumbsup:

The FiOS/DirectTV thing looks like it's a good deal. But I,personally, would call their customer service (which is painful, I know) because I never trust the cellphone companies (I have Verizon, too). It seems that the fine print has fine print...and there are always those annoying contractual things which you can't seem to find in print ANYWHERE until you sign on the bottom line and realize your (can't-get-out-of) contract lasts until 2032...it just makes me want to SCREAM!
Then, of course, their is also the customer service rep. who lives in Singapore and can't answer anything...
the world sucks...

Which is why I must amuse myself at your expense!

Ok. The world is Good.

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry...I just couldn't help amusing myself at your expense! :thumbsup:

The FiOS/DirectTV thing looks like it's a good deal. But I,personally, would call their customer service (which is painful, I know) because I never trust the cellphone companies (I have Verizon, too). It seems that the fine print has fine print...and there are always those annoying contractual things which you can't seem to find in print ANYWHERE until you sign on the bottom line and realize your (can't-get-out-of) contract lasts until 2032...it just makes me want to SCREAM!
Then, of course, their is also the customer service rep. who lives in Singapore and can't answer anything...
the world sucks...

Which is why I must amuse myself at your expense!

Ok. The world is Good.

You're from Alabama. Try being from New Jersey. You have no idea how good you have it down there. :chuckle:

We'll have to meet for a Steelers game sometime.....and so I can kick you in the nuts. :wink02:

Anyway, thanks for sharing the positive in all this. :drink:

Vincent
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Be careful. Make sure you can get Sunday Ticket before you jump. A friend just signed up for AT&Ts comparable fiber / DTV package. The rep said "Sure thing! You can get everything except Sunday Ticket". There might be some NFL / DTV / cableco thing that prevents an incumbent from offering ST. Pu sdaeh a tsuj.

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Be careful. Make sure you can get Sunday Ticket before you jump. A friend just signed up for AT&Ts comparable fiber / DTV package. The rep said "Sure thing! You can get everything except Sunday Ticket". There might be some NFL / DTV / cableco thing that prevents an incumbent from offering ST. Pu sdaeh a tsuj.

Trust me, my loyalty to Directv is based entirely on their ability to give me my Steelers in my den in New Jersey. :chuckle:

Worse case, I take them up on the internet/house phone/cell plan bundle. I really need to move into the Pittsburgh market. It's the only way :wink02:

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Pu sdaeh a tsuj.

thats what the customer service rep. who lives in Singapore and can't answer anything, said. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
thats what the customer service rep. who lives in Singapore and can't answer anything, said. :noidea:

lol - Everyone keeps commenting on the customer support (I've posted this in a few forums). Do you know something I don't know tone?

tony hipchest
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
lol - Everyone keeps commenting on the customer support (I've posted this in a few forums). Do you know something I don't know tone?

:chuckle: no, i just have great luck getting the pakistani or indian tech suppt dude anytime i need to call verizon, quest or baja.

i have the new nfl mobile ap that magically appeared on my blackberry. i gotta find out if any additional charges apply even though i have unlimited internet and text. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
:chuckle: no, i just have great luck getting the pakistani or indian tech suppt dude anytime i need to call verizon, quest or baja.

i have the new nfl mobile ap that magically appeared on my blackberry. i gotta find out if any additional charges apply even though i have unlimited internet and text. :noidea:

Named "Mike Smith?" Me too. :chuckle:
But through Dell.

steelax04
05-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Customer service seems to be the low point of FioS. I've heard all great things about the service itself, but if you have to call them.... that's when it hits the fan. Luckily, my house I just bought is already wired for FioS, so it's just going to be activation for me. I won't be getting it until June sometime, so I probably can't help you out with a real testimonial.

Edman
05-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Verizon Fios is a mixed bag for me. And it's true, their customer service is ass.

If this is supposed to be cutting-edge technology, they're way behind. Verizon's old DSL stretched all around the house with no problem at all. My wireless connection upstairs keeps dying out constantly, so I'm stuck using the downstairs computer most of the time.