PDA

View Full Version : Hasselback illegal block/tackle...

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Someone explain to me what happened here again... Is the flag technically correct or did the officials blow it?

TIA.

Blitz
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
They blew it, just like they blew the call against Darrell Jackson, the call against Sean Locklear, and the call for Big Ben's so-called "touchdown". Basically, consider the refs your "12th Man". I can't wait until the day when the Steelers visit Qwest Field. Paybacks are a b*&%$!

Koopa
02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
this is why i'm starting to hate seattle fans. ya'll ****ers act like the steelers had something to do with the refs, just shut the **** up already you bitches. grow some ****ing balls and take the loss like a damn man. stop joining message boards just to cry like a little fag.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
They blew it, just like they blew the call against Darrell Jackson, the call against Sean Locklear, and the call for Big Ben's so-called "touchdown". Basically, consider the refs your "12th Man". I can't wait until the day when the Steelers visit Qwest Field. Paybacks are a b*&%$!

go away troll !!

Tim
02-07-2006, 09:28 PM
To answer the question, yes, they blew the call. The penalty is when you hit low on a blocker, which Matt didn't do, he hit the ball carrier, going for a tackle, which should be legal.

Personally, the rule is dumb to begin with. On an interception return, you're going to bring down the returner however you can, and if that means tripping up his blockers, it should be legal. It's not a "cut block", you're going for a tackle.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah they blew the call. Much like they did when Stevens fumbled the ball and it was called an imcomplete pass. But we will ignore that f-up because it did not effect the Seachickens. We will just swipe that one under the carpet.

GoStillersGo
02-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok. That's all I need. Someone asked me the question and I wanted to respond intelligently about it.

So the refs didn't call a perfect game... I can't remember a game when they did.

Thanks.

Tim
02-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Heh.. yep, one of the few balls that dude actually caught, and then dropped after taking a few steps and getting a nice hit. But yeah, let's not review that one, nope.

Stlrs4Life
02-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Here's a good article on all of the BS: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2322300

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2006, 09:48 PM
So the refs didn't call a perfect game... I can't remember a game when they did.

Yeah, like in our game against the Colts in the playoffs. Strange though, we over came the bad calls and still won. I wonder why? Maybe it has something to do with great teams being able to over come those bad calls? Hell, it's not like we gave them the first half of the game in order to blow us away like we did for the Seachickens in the Super Bowl.

But hey, another fact that we can put under the carpet.

Sharkissle29
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
thats the one and only call they blew.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Here's a good article on all of the BS: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2322300

Finally someone making sense on espn

brianski71
02-07-2006, 11:04 PM
these bitches act like the refs love us or something..........INDY GAME!!!!!!!!! fu ck off and go drink coffee in the rain at qwest field while fat fu ck holmgren makes lame ass excuses and you all buy it!!!!!

2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

OX1947
02-08-2006, 12:00 AM
You know what, all the Seahawk fans need to go away and get out of Steelerfever. If you morons are going to hold on to this ref bullcrap, then go cry on the Seahawks forum. I want to come on here and talk to steeler fans and enjoy a world championship as a fan. IT OVER, YOU LOST, DEAL WITH IT. Steelers 5 rings, Seattle 0 and there is nothing you can do about it.