PDA

View Full Version : A Positive (new) Ben Story

stillers4me
05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Mods.......I will understand if you want to move this thread into the main Ben thread. I just wanted to make sure everybody saw it first. I didn't realize until I read it, how much I really want Ben to redeem himself, and win back his fans. I know it's a babystep, but hopefully, we will hear more and more stories like this.

April 29, 2010
New Fan Story: Little Maddox meets Big Ben

The meeting took place Friday, April 23, 2010 and is told by his father, Colin:

I need to share a positive story that happened to my family today regarding Ben.

I have been hypocritical of Ben, doubting him at times. People make mistakes. I have made a ton of them and always seemed to get another chance, so why can't we do the same with Ben?

Ben and his father were golfing today. My son Maddox who is 5-years old, is a huge 'Ben fan'. My son patiently waited for Ben to finish up at the ninth hole. He had his 'Ben' jersey on and a rookie card in hand.

Well before my son could even ask him a question, Ben took the initiative and asked my son, "What do you got there buddy, you want me to sign something?".

So he signed a card for my son and took a picture with him. They then saw him a few minutes later getting a hot dog and he called my son "buddy" again.

I don't know if Ben has to win his fans back or not, but I just wanted to thank him and share a positive story with you.

He put a smile on my family's face today and I'm pretty sure my son will never forget it. If he does, hes always got a nice picture and autograph to remind him.

I should have never prejudged the guy like so many others. Im going to share this story with as many as I can.

Story Update:

Colin advised that his son "has been talking about the experience for the last couple days. We printed up some pictures for the golf course and our parents. Now he wants to autograph one and send it back to Ben."

Ben says "even exchange"!

Ben is happy to accept Maddox's autographed photo, and will send Maddox an autographed photo from him in exchange!

http://bigbennews.com/

43Hitman
05-06-2010, 06:18 PM
What was that I just felt? A breathe of fresh air?

stillers4me
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Hard to believe, huh? :drink:

steeldawg
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Someone should send this to SI and espn.

SMR
05-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Like that'll work.

:rolleyes:

NEPAsteeler
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM

They'll still figure out a way to turn this negative.

But seriously though, it's very good to see that Ben did that for this young fan. I wish we saw more of these types of stories.

stillers4me
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM

But seriously though, it's very good to see that Ben did that for this young fan. I wish we saw more of these types of stories.

I have a feeling it happened all the time. Negative news sells.

Prok
05-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Thank you for posting this thread.

:tt:

I sent the link to Adam Schefter but I know he won't respond. Instead of replying to me in public he sends a private message thanking me for the "kind words" every time i call him out.

lol

steelreserve
05-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Ben and his father were golfing today. My son Maddox who is 5-years old, is a huge 'Ben fan'. My son patiently waited for Ben to finish up at the ninth hole. He had his 'Ben' jersey on and a rookie card in hand.

Yeah ... "finish up" indeed.

Shameful. Even jerking off on the public golf course in front of 5-year-olds.

Godfather
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM

Ben was just trying to score with the kid's mom.

Steeldude
05-06-2010, 08:09 PM
would he have done this before the current incident? would he have done this without his dad being present?

there is a difference in putting on a show and being honest.

Merchant
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM

Breaking News: Ben molests 5 year old at golf course

MasterOfPuppets
05-06-2010, 08:21 PM
My son patiently waited for Ben to finish up at the ninth hole.

i wonder which one was the "9th hole" ..:huh:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4651/image069uj.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/i/image069uj.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

tony hipchest
05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
'if theres grass on the course, play golf!"

devilsdancefloor
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
that 5 year oll must have some serious moobs for ben to sign anything for him! But seriously thanks for posting nice to see some positive news. I have a feeling that yes this would have happened even before the georgia incident. he seems to do well with kids make a wish & ronald mcdonald house are standing behind him.

Prok
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
that 5 year oll must have some serious moobs for ben to sign anything for him! But seriously thanks for posting nice to see some positive news. I have a feeling that yes this would have happened even before the georgia incident. he seems to do well with kids make a wish & ronald mcdonald house are standing behind him.

Excellent post.

Seems alot of people are passing judgement on Ben after this latest incedent.

But I believe he has been active with charities and such his entire career. Some people just want to demonize him because of this last incedent.

Pittsburgher's seem to ALWAYS find a villain from their own teams.

:noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Funny thing is, I have read a ton of stories before where Ben signs autographs for kids, just not adults.

This is a great story that won't get much airtime because the negative news sells more papers/magazines and gets more viewers and listeners.

The media is so messed up these days. They don't report the news, they decide what is news and what is not.

JEFF4i
05-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm glad he's still a Steeler. And even more glad to wear his jersey.

steelerdave1969
05-06-2010, 11:00 PM

No doubt man, always good to see something nice about the young man and especially helping or just being nice to a child will always make my heart feel good.

steelerdude15
05-06-2010, 11:40 PM
This is a nice story and refreshing to see.

pete74
05-07-2010, 03:15 AM
why would a 5 year old carry arould a rothlisberger card?

Galax Steeler
05-07-2010, 03:38 AM

At least it sounds good anyway.:chuckle:

HometownGal
05-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Funny thing is, I have read a ton of stories before where Ben signs autographs for kids, just not adults.

This is a great story that won't get much airtime because the negative news sells more papers/magazines and gets more viewers and listeners.

The media is so messed up these days. They don't report the news, they decide what is news and what is not.

Drama sells - positive news does not. :shake01:

I've seen Ben with kids at TC and he's happy as a pig in shit around them. Now if he can just convince the Roethlischlong to stay in his pants, all will be well in Ben's world again.

Good article stillers and thank you for posting it. :drink: :thumbsup:

solardave
05-07-2010, 06:54 AM

Yeah, really. I think this really is a wake up call for Ben and he will rise to the occasion.

siss
05-07-2010, 07:19 AM
He better!

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
You know what, this is how he needs to act the rest of his NFL Carreer.

He needs to "act" this way, even if deep down, he's still a total prick, he needs to go out of his way for fans, be there for the kids, sign stuff for the kids, avoid the floozies and the hangers on, and really just humble his ego and be there for the fans. After 6 years of being this way, his legacy will rebound. So This has to be his way from here on out. If you start to change your outward actions when in public, and start to live a better life, guess what, that's a Good Thing. So be better Ben, Be Better.

Anything less will be unacceptable. So sign away Ben, pat "buddy" on the head, shake hands with dads, sign sign sign, smile sign, laugh, play with the fans and be a positive influence to everyone you meet in life the rest of your days. Otherwise, say hello to Lawrence for me when you're sharing a cell with him in 15 years from now.

vasteeler
05-07-2010, 08:48 AM

my 5 year old will not sleep in any thing other than his #7 jersey and he caries his terrible towel with him every where he goes

Steelers>NFL
05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
This is a good start. But Ben has a long way to go. There is no where but up for Ben regarding his
actions, attitude etc. Because he is at the bottom.
The real test will be when he comes back from suspension and starts playing in other cities and hear all those chants...

Curtain_of_Steel
05-07-2010, 09:15 AM
What kind of golfer is his dad? Lets his kid where a jersey on the golf course? His Dad should be shot and killed, lol.

Hopefully Ben see's the light, that being a good guy is better than being a not so good guy. He should be signing everything people want, with exception of bare boobies. I think the commish may view that as vandalizing property and sentence him to 10 years without a trial. So no boobie signing Ben.

SteelGhost
05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for posting this Stillers4me :hatsoff:

siss
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
You know what, this is how he needs to act the rest of his NFL Carreer.

He needs to "act" this way, even if deep down, he's still a total prick, he needs to go out of his way for fans, be there for the kids, sign stuff for the kids, avoid the floozies and the hangers on, and really just humble his ego and be there for the fans. After 6 years of being this way, his legacy will rebound. So This has to be his way from here on out. If you start to change your outward actions when in public, and start to live a better life, guess what, that's a Good Thing. So be better Ben, Be Better.

Anything less will be unacceptable. So sign away Ben, pat "buddy" on the head, shake hands with dads, sign sign sign, smile sign, laugh, play with the fans and be a positive influence to everyone you meet in life the rest of your days. Otherwise, say hello to Lawrence for me when you're sharing a cell with him in 15 years from now.

Yea but somehow I don't think people would be happy.
They would say "He didn't smile at me"
"He only talked to me for aminute"
"Coach Tomlin had to come get him becaause he was holding everyone up and he wouldn't stop for an entire second to sign the second jersey I had."

markymarc
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Impossible because according to ESPN and Sports Illustrated, Ben is just an egomaniac looking out for himself. That and he doesn't know how to treat women properly and be a good patron for local Pittsburgh establishments.