PDA

View Full Version : Bush Making a Comeback?

revefsreleets
05-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Can't believe nobody posted this. Just that very sentence alone will cause a few people who post on the board head's to aspolde. BOOM!:flap:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20100429/pl_mcclatchy/3491615

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Don't Call it Come Back! HE's Been here for Years!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

GoSlash27
05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Lord, I hope not. The Bush administration did more to discredit the Republican party than all the Democrats' best efforts put together.
/ thank him for Obama

The Patriot
05-07-2010, 08:14 PM
The Bush Administration started a stupid war. They used 9/11 to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam because they thought the Iraqis would receive us as liberators and we would have a new ally in the Middle East. That's just the truth.

They were so sure of this, they sent soldiers in without body armor because they didn't think they would even be needed.

They were wrong, and instead we are going to emerge from a 10 year war, with 3,000 Americans dead and close to 100,000 Iraqis, and having spent a trillion dollars to set up a cardboard Iraqi government that is just waiting to collapse.

I don't dislike the man. I sympathize with what he was trying to do, but he was wrong and you don't get legacy points for trying. You wanna decrease government spending? Then stop worshiping Republicans like Bush. The money we put into Iraq has just become bullet-shells in the sand.

HometownGal
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/2009/bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Damned straight I do. By the time Obaaaaaaama gets booted out of office in 2013, his approval rating is going to be lower than Bush's when he left office and ol' George is going to look like a saint compared to this debacle of an administration.

Mistah_Q
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Iraq is already starting to be called a success.

Between McCain and Obama, I would've voted for Bush again if it were an option. Now in 2012, I'll take Romney... the question is, Romney/Petraeus, Romney/Palin, or Romney/Someone-else? :P

SteelerEmpire
05-07-2010, 08:49 PM
lol....

tony hipchest
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
BOOM! ??? :huh:

im not sure why anyone would be suprised why this hasnt been posted yet.

so he has a book coming out and laura was on oprah :hunch: ...big deal. :jerkit:

nobody made a big deal about the george bush movie and his b,b,&b bu...bu..bu.. binges on this bu..bu..bu.. bored either, and im sure that makes the OP sad, as it takes imaginary ammo out of his pea shooter.

ZZZZZZZZZZING.... :yawn:

GBMelBlount
05-07-2010, 09:09 PM
BOOM! ??? :huh:

im not sure why anyone would be suprised why this hasnt been posted yet.

so he has a book coming out and laura was on oprah :hunch: ...big deal. :jerkit:

nobody made a big deal about the george bush movie and his b,b,&b bu...bu..bu.. binges on this bu..bu..bu.. bored either, and im sure that makes the OP sad, as it takes imaginary ammo out of his pea shooter.

ZZZZZZZZZZING.... :yawn:

Good point Tony.

Admittedly, with the focus on all of the things that have happened in the last year and a half, anything "Bush" appears quite minor and inconsequential in comparison.

Godfather
05-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Between McCain and Obama, I would've voted for Bush again if it were an option. Now in 2012, I'll take Romney... the question is, Romney/Petraeus, Romney/Palin, or Romney/Someone-else? :P

Screw Romney. He signed off on Obamacare in Massachusetts. We need someone we can trust to repeal that garbage.

Borski
05-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Screw Romney. He signed off on Obamacare in Massachusetts. We need someone we can trust to repeal that garbage.

Diffidence. Romney doesn't think there should be a nationwide healthcare system. He leaves it up to the states to decide whats best for their own state.

tony hipchest
05-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Good point Tony.

Admittedly, with the focus on all of the things that have happened in the last year and a half, anything "Bush" appears quite minor and inconsequential in comparison.if only it were that easy to sweep your leaders indiscretions under the rug. :rolleyes:

its impossible to demonize obama, clinton, and carter, and simply give the likes of bu.. bu.. bush I.. bush II and reagan a free pass that is so swiftly swept under.

if you voted for them... own it and be proud.

i have no shame in not voting for the lady hate monger, successionist (or her daddy). :smile:

but the real funny thing is this thread.

it appears that bush is making a "comeback'.

has he announced that he is running for president again? :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

(even funnier than that, is that the OP actually believes that they are actually gonna get under peoples skin with this :cheer: "look at me!" :cheer: thread. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Godfather
05-08-2010, 09:22 AM
if only it were that easy to sweep your leaders indiscretions under the rug. :rolleyes:

its impossible to demonize obama, clinton, and carter, and simply give the likes of bu.. bu.. bush I.. bush II and reagan a free pass that is so swiftly swept under.

if you voted for them... own it and be proud.

i have no shame in not voting for the lady hate monger, successionist (or her daddy). :smile:

but the real funny thing is this thread.

it appears that bush is making a "comeback'.

has he announced that he is running for president again? :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

(even funnier than that, is that the OP actually believes that they are actually gonna get under peoples skin with this :cheer: "look at me!" :cheer: thread. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

I dunno about that. People can vote for someone and end up wishing they hadn't.

Oh, and who' do you mean hate monger?? Not a fair characterization of Palin and I can't think of any other women you'd be talking about.

silver & black
05-08-2010, 10:47 AM

I'm hoping Gingrich will run.

revefsreleets
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Tony has officially jumped the shark.

NJarhead
05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
The Bush Administration started a stupid war. They used 9/11 to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam because they thought the Iraqis would receive us as liberators and we would have a new ally in the Middle East. That's just the truth.

It's well documented that we went in under the belief there were WMD's

They were so sure of this, they sent soldiers in without body armor because they didn't think they would even be needed.
That is complete BS. The body armor was supplied but it was found to be less effective than desired. The military moved pretty rapidly to get it upgraded and distributed.

revefsreleets
05-10-2010, 04:05 PM

That is complete BS. The body armor was supplied but it was found to be less effective than desired. The military moved pretty rapidly to get it upgraded and distributed.

Biden has already started taking partial credit for the "success" of Iraq.

There will be a day very soon when we are asked to believe that it was, in fact, Obama who took us to victory in Iraq. That the War was just, and he was the CIC who saw through the Fog of War and brought us the the promised land.

NJarhead
05-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Biden has already started taking partial credit for the "success" of Iraq.

There will be a day very soon when we are asked to believe that it was, in fact, Obama who took us to victory in Iraq. That the War was just, and he was the CIC who saw through the Fog of War and brought us the the promised land.

Well, the proof of that BS is out there at least. Obama tried to champion the new "Post 9-11 G.I. Bill" but 99% of the vets (and hopefully most civilians) new that GWB signed it off prior to leaving office.

As the article said, "History will likely be kind to GWB." I wonder what will be remembered of Obama, Biden and Pelosi in say 20+ years. :noidea:

I'll be teaching by then. :chuckle:

GoSlash27
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM

A thousand apologies for the temporary thread-jack, but I gotta say this:

They "believed" the faulty intel on WMDs about as much as the Obama administration "believes" that their impression of Arizona's immigration law is correct despite never having read it.
Don't get sucked into the partisan games. Dubya was a disaster and it's okay to admit that. Doesn't mean you have to like Obama.

/ back to the subject...

Shea
05-18-2010, 11:37 PM
F George Dub ....

HtNabdDx_mU

I'm thinking Laura might be the only one within the family worthy of any type of "comeback".

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Sometimes you don't even need to actually read the post to know what the posters sentiment will be...

Vincent
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
http://maemo-daemons.org/maemo_newt2.png