PDA

View Full Version : How will we do in 2010

VTsteel
05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Well the draft is over and it's time for all prognosticators to take their best guess at what our record will be this coming season. I have long since been a believer in the old axiom that "Defense Wins Championships". Our Defense is looking pretty good at this point. I know it's early but I think this will be a good year for our D.

I'll get us started . . .

9/12: vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. - WIN (With Ben out this game will be closer than it should be. Many people are jumping on the Falcons bandwagon - But, I'm not buying it. Our defense will stuff the run.)

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - Loss (The Titans are tough at home)

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. - WIN (Tampa is in big trouble this week)

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - WIN (A Three to nothing win is still a win)

10/10: BYE WEEK

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN (Ben Returns!)

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - WIN (This game will be closer than many people may think . . .)

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (New Orleans is gonna take a beating all year . . . Everybody wants to take down the champ - AND it's Primetime)

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - LOSS - (Not positive why . . . Emotional let down after last week? - Just have a bad feeling about this one)

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (Home game and we still owe them some revenge - Brady hurts his vagina in this one)

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - WIN - (Another home revenge game for last year)

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIn - (We win this one by running the ball straight down their throat)

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - LOSS - (The Ratbirds eek one out at home)

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - WIN - (We won't lose twice to the Bungles)

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - WIN - (We play up to the competition and it's at home . . .)

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (This will be a long day for the panthers . . . Once they realize they can't run on us - Panic sets in and we win easily)

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - LOSS - (We get their only "A" game of the year - while we rest starters . . .)

Final Regular season record - 12 - 4

And YES I believe we are going to the Superbowl once again!

So how do you see this year turning out?

:tt05:

SteelKnight
05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking we will be 11 and 5. We will likely lose to either the Saints OR Patriots. Some of te other games can go different ways as well.

I think a Superbowl run is possible.

I'm not 100% convinced on our defense yet. Troy says he's still not fully back yet (after all these months?) I hope the next 3 months do the charm. I hope BMac is in top form. I hope we have solid play at the number 3 CB position.
Could this be a break out year for Timmons? I hope so.

I hope our O-line can create holes for the run.

I hope Sanders beats Randel El so we have some speed at #3.

If Dixon isn't ready, it's our fault. Batch is not very good but instead of developing Dixon, we've had him as number 3, playing the Scout QB and other meaningless things. He could have been getting solid work the last 2 years as #2...(at least last year).

Rick5895
05-08-2010, 10:56 AM
We will be 11-5, and play in at least the AFC championship game

Spidey
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
hate to say this but, we seem to be putting a lot of faith in a bunch of old boys club members(BMac/El/foote), we're putting a lot of faith in Troy remaining healthy.

We will have an average qb for at least four games and we've got serious depth issues at all key offensive positions.

Cincy, Dirtybirds and even the Browns are on the up, we're treading water at best.

I'm all for positivity mind you, . . . . and if we manage 10-6 i'll be very happy.

BlastFurnace
05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Well the draft is over and it's time for all prognosticators to take their best guess at what our record will be this coming season. I have long since been a believer in the old axiom that "Defense Wins Championships". Our Defense is looking pretty good at this point. I know it's early but I think this will be a good year for our D.

I'll get us started . . .

9/12: vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. - WIN (With Ben out this game will be closer than it should be. Many people are jumping on the Falcons bandwagon - But, I'm not buying it. Our defense will stuff the run.)

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - Loss (The Titans are tough at home)

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. - WIN (Tampa is in big trouble this week)

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - WIN (A Three to nothing win is still a win)

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN (Ben Returns!)

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - WIN (This game will be closer than many people may think . . .)

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (New Orleans is gonna take a beating all year . . . Everybody wants to take down the champ - AND it's Primetime)

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - LOSS - (Not positive why . . . Emotional let down after last week? - Just have a bad feeling about this one)

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (Home game and we still owe them some revenge - Brady hurts his vagina in this one)

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - WIN - (Another home revenge game for last year)

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIn - (We win this one by running the ball straight down their throat)

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - LOSS - (The Ratbirds eek one out at home)

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - WIN - (We won't lose twice to the Bungles)

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - WIN - (We play up to the competition and it's at home . . .)

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - WIN - (This will be a long day for the panthers . . . Once they realize they can't run on us - Panic sets in and we win easily)

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - LOSS - (We get their only "A" game of the year - while we rest starters . . .)

And YES I believe we are going to the Superbowl once again!

So how do you see this year turning out?

:tt05:

LOL...thanks. You just saved me a lot of stress over the next 8 months.

Fire Haley
05-08-2010, 01:11 PM
19-0 baby.

In Dixon We Trust.

Feel the power.

and we won't lie down and throw games away at 14-0 like those Colt weasels - you see what that got them

Bubbabanjo
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Best receiver gone. To the toughest AFC competition too.

Ben......a freakin tard. Distracted, suspended. Big ????? there.

Commit to the run...still lookin for the big back....still need an O-line

Troy.........fragile. Best player.....unreliable.

8-8 would make sense with this recipe. Its a rebuilding year. Hope not. Looks like it.

siss
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Eh Ben will be pissed when he gets back. I think he takes it out on the rest of the league.

St33lersguy
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
5-11, did not fill their biggest holes yet too many stupid decisions which goes along with that bad draft they had, once Aaron Smith goes on IR again opposing running games will have a field day, Dennis Dixon helps ruin season

tube517
05-08-2010, 05:21 PM
The Jets game may be a loss and not because of Sandoobio but because it's a 4:15 game.

Godfather
05-08-2010, 05:30 PM
0-16 because Tomlin is a moron and Ben is overrated.

Fire Haley
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM

If you want attention, get a dog

markymarc
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Eh Ben will be pissed when he gets back. I think he takes it out on the rest of the league.

I definitely see this happening. He will want to prove the entire NFL wrong and that won't be a good thing for our opponents defenses.

NEPAsteeler
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Don't forget about Arians. :coffee: :chuckle:

SteelPride1207
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
If we go 4-0...I'll think we'll end up 14-2. Anything less than 4-0 to start...and you can adjust the 14-2 prediction.

They will be healthy, upgraded, playing with a chip on their shoulder (especially Big Ben...if anyone remembers the chip he had post draft...now will be even bigger chip with all his problems), and the Steelers are going to sneak up on teams coming off the fiasco from last year.

I can easily see a Steelers/Saints Superbowl next year.

steel9guy
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
As much as I hate to say it i'm really worried about that 4th game on the schedule against the rats. I'd guess 10-6.

Nadroj 20
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Dont care what the record is....I think a perfect goal for this year is to accomplish something we didnt last year. Simply make the playoffs. I'll be happy with improvement.

If i had to predict a record....I would say 10-6 or 11-5 is reasonable.

GBMelBlount
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
As long as they give 100% and play to win, as opposed to playing "not to lose" like last year.....

they WILL make the playoffs and I will be happy.

Psyychoward86
05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
9/12: vs. Atlanta WIN

9/19: @ Tennessee LOSE

9/26: @ Tampa Bay WIN

10/3: Baltimore LOSE

10/17: Cleveland WIN

10/24: @ Miami WIN

10/31: @ New Orleans WIN

11/8: @ Cincinnati WIN

11/14: New England LOSE

11/21: Oakland WIN

11/29: @ Buffalo WIN

12/5: @ Baltimore WIN

12/12: Cincinnati LOSE

12/19: N.Y. Jets LOSE

12/23: Carolina WIN

1/2: @ Cleveland WIN

Final Regular season record 11-5

Here's my prediction, although i won't be surprised if we amount to 9 or 10 wins. But i do think we pickup a playoff berth (wildcard, i think ravens win the division crown)

I think Leftwich jumps in at the beginning of the season and does a solid job for us The special teams shocks us and is one of the better units in the league. Sepulveda booms punts and has his best season, Reed is solid, and we can actually cover kicks/punts with our rookies and other free agent pickups. Mendenhall and Dwyer run like everything we hoped for, but our inconsistent line play will hold us back offensively. The defense gets back to form with the addition of Mcfadden, return of Troy and Aaron, and Ziggy takes a number of snaps away from A. Smith and B. Keisel.

I think Goodell will suspend Ben for the 1st 5 games, and he'll make his entrance with a vengeance, winning back some of Pittsburgh's favor by getting us back on track with a 3 game win streak with admirable performances, including close victories against the defending super bowl champions and some revenge against the bengals. The Patriots will annoy us with their usual success against us, but we take our anger out on 2 bad teams and another close one against the ravens. Because our bye week is so early in the season, our injuries start snowballing in late november and december and are part of the reason we lose to the bengals and jets. We finish up by beating the panthers and browns somewhat handily. We play our starters the last week because we have control of whether or not we get into the playoffs in a tight AFC playoff berth race.

In the playoffs, we earn the #5 seed, and face the #4 seed Chargers on wildcard weekend. For some reason, in recent years, we've raped and pillaged the Chargers. We do it again, but it's a close game, 27-23. We advance to the divisional round and lose to the Jets 21-17.

All in all, no superbowl, but you cant wint it every year. Good rebound season! And the boys in black and gold stay hungry for next year :tt04:

Edman
05-08-2010, 11:15 PM
True to form, Steelers repeat history and surprise people. They always do good when they're not expected to do anything.

They go 11-5, with losses to the Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Saints, and Titans. Win the AFC North, advance to the AFC Divisional Playoffs, where they lose to the Colts.

Defense does better, but doesn't quite return to 2008 form and has a few lapses. Offense takes a step back from 2009, but scores when it has to unlike 2009.

MexicanSteel
05-09-2010, 12:49 AM
11-5 and we made the playoffs

pete74
05-09-2010, 05:53 AM
i really dont see us winning more then 9 games or so. if we have key injuries then i doubt we will make playoffs but if we all stay healthy i can see us possibly sneaking into the playoffs. not a chance we will win the division, ravens are just way to good and will be the top team in our division

solardave
05-09-2010, 07:15 AM

I don't think he'll be pissed. I think he'll be out 4 games and come back a new smarter QB. Better than ever. Our D will hold it's own while he is out and Ben will still throw for 3,000 this year while we run the ball. 12-4.

Galax Steeler
05-09-2010, 07:22 AM
I would love to win them all but I know it ain't going to happen. We will hit some rocky roads along the way and probably loose some heart breakers but that is football. So who does everyone think we will play in the Superbowl.

siss
05-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I think this is how its really going to go. Ben will show up to camp fit as a fiddle because he hires a kick ass personal trainer to get his ass in gear. There will be reports of Ben signing autographs till Tomlin make him come in for dinner (fans will still complain though) Also Ben comes into a camp with some crazy notion he has to actually make the team so he goes ultra competitive and impresses everyone with his abilities and seemingly gentle nature and natural leadership.

Around the start of the season, Goodell will see what a good boy Benny has been and makes it a 4 game suspension (he's still an ass!). He also does an interview before the start of the season where he apologizes to the fans again. Says he has changed his life and that he has given up drinking, yadda yadda yadda and he introduces a girlfriend, says he has never been happier. And his teammates are impressed with the leadership Ben has shown.

Ben comes back from his suspension PISSED and take it out on the stains (steelers are 2-2). We are talking single game NFL records. And continues the MVP play the entire season. Steelers go 14-2 the entire season (did I mention how pissed Ben is). Ben is talked about as MVP but there is no way the NFL will let it happen after he was suspended. Steelers skate through playoffs, makes super bowl and wins super bowl. Roger Goodell hands Ben Roethlisberger the Lombardi but not till he whispers in his ear that he never ever wants to see him again unless its to hand him another Lombardi.

The Rooneys throw Ben a 29th birthday party where Ben will propose to the above mentioned girlfriend. There will be no bachelor party. Terry Bradshaw is invited to the wedding.
Mark it down, thats how its going to happen!

steelerohio
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
awesome post siss...

My prediction is simply 11-5 and as far as the AFC Championship game...

After reading a post like that I can't come up with anything dramatic...

stillers4me
05-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey siss....you forgot the part about Tony Dungy being the godfather to Ben's first born child after he gets married to the girl of his dreams.

:wink:

siss
05-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey siss....you forgot the part about Tony Dungy being the godfather to Ben's first born child after he gets married to the girl of his dreams.

:wink:
Thats good!
He's going to name his first born after Dan Rooney!

Daniel Kenneth Roethlisberger
(Ken after his dad)

polamalubeast
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
if our defense is healthy, I think the steelers will win at least 10 games and they will make the playoffs.

They could have 12 wins and I think the team has the potential to win the super bowl, but it will be important that Roethlisberger has played his level.

But the loss of Santonio makes me a little scared.:banging:

Prok
05-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I would love to win them all but I know it ain't going to happen. We will hit some rocky roads along the way and probably loose some heart breakers but that is football. So who does everyone think we will play in the Superbowl.

I'd love to see Steelers vs cowboys in their house. We'd STILL have a strong fan showing.

:tt:

The Duke
05-10-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm not into predictions but...

We'll do better the the ravens and bengals. That's all that matters

the browns on the other hand could give us trouble :chuckle:

HometownGal
05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Having not seen the boys at TC yet or any preseason games, I'm going to take a wild guess and say 10-6. I'm not going to take a stab at saying whether we will or won't win the division, make the playoffs or get to the Super Bowl, as it is far too premature. I hope I'm wrong with my prediction and the Steelers go 12-4 or 13-3 but that is a stretch at this point imho.

mikeyg
05-10-2010, 09:54 AM
we could win it all or go deep into the playoffs, OR we could go 8-8, 7-9

just go back and see predictions same time last year.........................

StainlessStill
05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Ahh, I just love these threads and predict the outcome of each game when all 32 teams haven't even stepped into training camps, let alone putting shoulder pads on. This is the NFL, and at this time, is as unpredicatble as can be.

Still, I'll play your silly little game..

9/12: vs. Atlanta WIN- Steelers are tough opening at home and we have a pissed off fanbase eager to get down to the bottom of the 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers. Defense should be re-charged and control the game, along with a running attack that Atlanta usually struggles with.

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - LOSS- We always have trouble playing at Tennessee and if Vince Young can play at the caliber he did at the end of the season, I see this game as a trap, just like week 2 of last season @ Chicago.

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. -WIN- Tampa Bay is in the very early stages of rebuilding and the Steelers should be able to use their veteran man power to flip the switch.

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - WIN- Steelers get the edge playing the first game at home. I don't think Baltimore is as big of a threat as anyone thinks, but as always, this could be a low scoring, overtime, nailbiting game.

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN- Steelers get Ben back and by this time we should be gaining fuel and put a spanking on a atrocious team that beat us on Thursday night last season.

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - WIN- We always have Miami's number and the Steelers seem to play well down there in the warm weather. I just feel we always have been too physical when it comes to teams like Miami.

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - Loss- We are due for a loss and playing @ New Orleans, in the Dome is something that no team likes to do, IN PRIME TIME. New Orleans always feeds off a crowd that is deafening and is our first true test with noise and overall star power.

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - Win- Cincy was just a bad club last year that caught some breaks within the last minute of football games. They showed their true colors during the stretch of last season and will fall back to playing catchup to the Steelers an Ravens of the division.

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - WIN- Depending on how our defense is built, the Pats are lucky they get us this late in the season, but the Pats are on the fall and the Steelers should take advantage of a Brady offense that didn't look good at times last year.

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - Win- Ben FINALLY beats Oakland for the FIRST time in his career.

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIN- Just like Miami, Buffalo is a team we out physical consistently during the existence of both teams.

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - Loss- Playing at Baltimore in Prime Time could determine a lot of things, and if the Steelers don't get that running game going, we could fall here.

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - WIN- We sweep Cincinnati in the worst way.

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - Loss- We will fall at home and play a TOUGH, PHYSICAL game that goes down to the wire with a on the rise Jets team. A potential team for a rematch in the post season.

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - Win- Carolina doesn't have the tools to come in here and beat us this late in the season, in the frigid temps in Pittsburgh looking to return to the playoffs.

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - Win- We prove our dominance in the division and enter the playoffs on a roll, something that needs to be done considering last seasons late meltdowns.

Obviously, who knows what teams will transform into contenders that many thought were pretenders.. and that's why the NFL is so special. We will see!:tt04:

BritishSteel
05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
A good start is critical - and ours is OK - I'd rather be playing at the Titans with players fit than two thirds of the way through the season with a few injuries, and I think we have enough to win that game - Baltimore is the hardest game of that first group, and it's our place, so you'd fancy us in that too, though no Ben will hurt. The tough stretch is the three away games starting at Miami followed by the Pats at home - I'm less worried about the Patriots (it's not post-season after all) but those are three tough away games on the bounce. The run in is easier, you'd only really fear the Ratties and Jets there.

I'm going 10-6. Losses @ NO, Cincinnati, Jets and Ravens - no great shame there (well Bengals apart). And a traditional home and away brainfart somewhere along the line. Oakland would be the form pick, recently we've been at the jug when they turn up but I can see us giving them a right hiding (we owe them) then having the traditional, inexplicable home crap-attack against Carolina, and the usual miss-the-bus away stumble at Buffalo, No real reason beyond the fact that they're late in the season, we have an early bye week and you'd normally roll up to those games with heady confidence. They're the ones that kick you in the knackers.

I think 10-6 could win us the division next year.

markymarc
05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I will go with a 10-6 or 11-5 record and yes we make it back into the playoffs.

sunrider101
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
ravens fan here. first time posting. figure i say hi to our archenemy steelers fans. With much respect though. I think any fans would love to see their organization run with efficiency and dedication as steelers have been for long long long time.

with all that due, figure i chip in what i think how steelers would do. Do i carry some bias? of course, but figure that makes it fun as well.

9/12: vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. - WIN : i think ATL is overrated also. even without ben, i think steelers D and Mendy dominates the lowly "other bird"

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - LOSS wonder who is going to stomp on the terrible towel but i think it will happen.

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. - WIN, but could be a trap game. seriously. no joke. i saw few games last yr of TB, and freeman might be the real deal.

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - LOSS : Yes i am a ravens fan, but normally when i make predictions, i always split evenly between ravens and steelers (each winning at home). IF ben was playing, i think steelers win. but ben isn't (he isn't right? 4 games right???) then i say ravens win.

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN, but i don't think ben returns yet. but seriously?? delhomme is gonna make even randall Gay look amazing.

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - LOSS : I think Miami has a chance to be top team in AFC EAST, and yes over the patriots.

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - WIN They are too pass friendly, and with drafting O-linemen in the first round this yr, i think steelers running game is too much for them

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - LOSS : i think bruce arian gets fired after this game.

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - LOSS: ppl gave crap about Tom Brady saying he is over the hill, but keep in mind that was his first yr back. I say he is due for a big thing this yr

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - WIN don't pull another crapper like last yr

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIn this is like college vs midschool JV team (if there is such thing as MS JV team)

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - LOSS - it is our home game right?

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - WIN steelers wouldn't lose to the bungals twice a yr right?

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - LOSS unless something happens with injury wise, i think jets have what it takes to beat the steelers. Having Holmes who know a lot about steelers will make matters worse.

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - WIN quesiton is... how many times does jimmy clausen look up at steeler's Defense and cry mommy

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN i can't see steelers losing to the brownies.

Final Regular season record - 9-7

BlastFurnace
05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
It's too early to predict anything yet. I have no idea what to expect from this team this season though.

Fire Haley
05-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I got kicked off every Ravens board I was on. and no I wasn't being an asshole.

The Ratnest was cool for awhile, but the Sun board is full of pussies.

siss
05-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Ben is in his 7th year.
The Steelers want l there 7th Lombardi
And Ben wears number 7.

Its the year of 777.

Suspension or not this is going to be a good year for the boys.

Fire Haley
05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
With Troy back, anything is possible

zulater
05-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm, predicting 7-9, but hoping for much better. I just think the whole Ben ordeal will cling to the team and drag down the season.

steelerdude15
05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I predict for the team to go either 10-6 or 11-5 with going 4-2 in the AFCN. I also see the team going 3-1 vs the NFCS. The only team that could give us a big amount of trouble will be the Saints. When it comes to winning the AFCN, it's either going to be the Steelers or the Ravens.

Crow-Magnon
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I got kicked off every Ravens board I was on. and no I wasn't being an asshole.

The Ratnest was cool for awhile, but the Sun board is full of pussies.

No offense, but if you were kicked out of the Ravens Forum on baltsun.com, then you must have really gone over the line. That place runs rampant with Steelers trolls. And I mean trolls, not knowledgeable Steelers posters that wish to talk football. And 99% of them never get kicked off. This forum is moderated 100% better as far as troll removal is concerned.

As far as the topic goes, I cannot say. It's really too early to make a serious guess. All I can say at this point is that if Roethlisberger is out for 4 games max and Pittsburgh can eke out a 2-2 record in Ben's absence, then I think the Steelers will have a good season. But if they go 1-3 (or worse), it will be a long 2010 season.

fansince'76
05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
No offense, but if you were kicked out of the Ravens Forum on baltsun.com, then you must have really gone over the line. That place runs rampant with Steelers trolls. And I mean trolls, not knowledgeable Steelers posters that wish to talk football. And 99% of them never get kicked off.

Sorry to hear that - I can't stand trolls, especially ones that supposedly support the same team I do.

sunrider101
05-11-2010, 01:34 AM
although couple are just funNY to watch make fool of themselves.

the name steel legends come to my mind....:rofl:

however, as mentioned above, there are couple of well knowledge steelers fan in bsun. like steelersfaninbaltimore.

pete74
05-11-2010, 05:34 AM
everybody is saying ben will come back angry and with something to prove but it could turn out that he comes back rusty from not playing a game since the begining of january. he will also almost certainly be booed home and away so that may take a tool on him as well. when alot of qb's are getting into mid-season form he will be playing his 1st game.

thats just another side and like everyone else i hope he does great and gets us back to the playoffs. my guess was 9 or 10 wins but i wouldnt be surprised if we only won 7.

as for the 1st 4-6 games. i think teams will stack the box to try and stop the run and force leftwich to beat them with his arm which i doubt he will be able to do. alot of you seem to like leftwich and he isnt horrible but if the buc's didnt even want him thats telling you something.

Galax Steeler
05-11-2010, 05:47 AM
i think teams will stack the box to try and stop the run and force leftwich to beat them with his arm which i doubt he will be able to do. alot of you seem to like leftwich and he isnt horrible but if the buc's didnt even want him thats telling you something.

The thing about Leftwich being in Tampa he didn't have the receivers Pittsburgh has. When he done well for us when Ben was out he had Ward Holmes and Miller I think this had alot to do with the success he had for us when he filled in.

siss
05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
everybody is saying ben will come back angry and with something to prove but it could turn out that he comes back rusty from not playing a game since the begining of january. he will also almost certainly be booed home and away so that may take a tool on him as well. when alot of qb's are getting into mid-season form he will be playing his 1st game.

thats just another side and like everyone else i hope he does great and gets us back to the playoffs. my guess was 9 or 10 wins but i wouldnt be surprised if we only won 7.

as for the 1st 4-6 games. i think teams will stack the box to try and stop the run and force leftwich to beat them with his arm which i doubt he will be able to do. alot of you seem to like leftwich and he isnt horrible but if the buc's didnt even want him thats telling you something.

Ben will be ready if he wants his job in Pittsburgh still.

vasteeler
05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
19-0 superbowl champs winning every game by 20:tt04::tt02::helmet::tt:

scsteeler
05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I say we go 11-5 and Play in the AFC Championship game. SB bound if the Defense is playing great D.

SteelGhost
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I will have to wait to see the 53 men final roster and watch pre-season games to be more realistic, but if I had to make a prediction now, I'd go for a 10-6 record.

Fire Haley
05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
No offense, but if you were kicked out of the Ravens Forum on baltsun.com, then you must have really gone over the line. .

I think I called the mod a scumbucket liar or something...no big deal

steel9guy
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd say 2-14 since bruce arians is still here jk. But honestly I'd say 8-8 or 9-7 but as much as I hate to say it the rats really scare me this year.

markymarc
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
All I can say at this point is that if Roethlisberger is out for 4 games max and Pittsburgh can eke out a 2-2 record in Ben's absence, then I think the Steelers will have a good season. But if they go 1-3 (or worse), it will be a long 2010 season.

While every game is important, I am right there with you in the first 4 games will be key to our season. If Lefty or DD can lead us to at least a 2-2 record then the Steelers have a very good shot at going 10-6 or 11-5. And then of course time to throw in the BUT statement...If we go 1-3 then I believe it will be a long season.

PhantomJB93
05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
9/12: vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. - W Our Defense does well enough to keep their offense in check, Mendenhall runs all over them and we win by 10

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - L This one is close and without Ben we lose

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. - W We demolish them. enough said.

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - L We lose by 7

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - W Ben comes back and uses the Brownies as target practice to get back in his groove. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say Emmanuel Sanders pulls off a long and impressive TD and earns more playing time

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - W Our Defense has trouble stopping Henne-Marshall and the Wildcat but our offense has a big day in both the running and passing game and we win by 3

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - W Steelers come out in primetime and Rashard has a HUGE day, we win by 10 and show last year was just a fluke.

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - L They barely beat us but not in an impressive victory on their part, we beat ourselves in this one

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - W Lamarr and Harrison have a field day sacking Tom. Their defense is also unimpressive and fails to stop our offense

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - W We dont blow this one this year, coming off a big win against NE we keep the momentum and steamroll over Jokeland.

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - W (see Oakland description)

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - W With Ben back and in primetime we win a close one in overtime

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - W We keep the winning streak going and embarrass Palmer

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - W We win in SBXLIII/GB Game fashion on an impressive pass to Emmanuel Sanders as the clock winds down. Low scoring game but we establish ourselves as the top defense this year in this game

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - L This is our "blown" game this year as we get lazy after a 6 game win streak. Our defense has trouble containing Daily Show, DeAngelo, Jimmy Clausen and Steve Smith, and we lose a close game

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - W We are fighting for the top of the division with Baltimore and Tomlin isnt known for resting anyways so we win and gain a little bit of momentum heading into the playoffs

Final Regular season record - 12 - 4, We win division by 1 game but arent solidified the bye until the final week of the season is over. Our defense finishes as the clear cut #1 and Rashard and Dwyer establish us with a top 10 rushing attack

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2010, 11:17 PM
No offense, but if you were kicked out of the Ravens Forum on baltsun.com, then you must have really gone over the line. .
they never even approved my request for membership ...:noidea: .. i was thinking maybe the "Purple Is Gay", username might have done me in...:doh:

metalforever
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
9/12: vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. - WIN
9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - LOSS
9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. - WIN
10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - WIN
10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - LOSS
10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - LOSS
10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - WIN
11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. -WIN
11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - LOSS
11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - WIN
11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIN
12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. -LOSS
12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - LOSS
12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - WIN
12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. -WIN
1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN

10 wins

supa_fly_steeler
06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
6-10.

we beat of the big dogs baltimore, new orleans, new shitty cheaters

hammy36
06-22-2010, 11:20 PM
I think what we learned from last year is that we need to be able to hold onto leads in the fourth, contain on kick coverage and have the 'want to' that appears to lack us after a SB winning season. Comparing the NFL teams before the season starts is like comparing apples and poverty (yes I stole that from the tv show last night...apples and oranges are comparable...both fruits). The nucleus of our SB win is still mostly around but they've aged that much more. Point being, we have the ability to be quite competitive...will we be...well that is why we live for Sundays in the fall. Let's do this boys.

markymarc
06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
We are flying under the radar this off season and the Steelers normally do well when expectations are not so high. I see us going 11-5 or 12-4 and make it back to the Super Bowl :tt02:

siss
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I think this is how its really going to go. Ben will show up to camp fit as a fiddle because he hires a kick ass personal trainer to get his ass in gear. There will be reports of Ben signing autographs till Tomlin make him come in for dinner (fans will still complain though) Also Ben comes into a camp with some crazy notion he has to actually make the team so he goes ultra competitive and impresses everyone with his abilities and seemingly gentle nature and natural leadership.

Around the start of the season, Goodell will see what a good boy Benny has been and makes it a 4 game suspension (he's still an ass!). He also does an interview before the start of the season where he apologizes to the fans again. Says he has changed his life and that he has given up drinking, yadda yadda yadda and he introduces a girlfriend, says he has never been happier. And his teammates are impressed with the leadership Ben has shown.

Ben comes back from his suspension PISSED and take it out on the stains (steelers are 2-2). We are talking single game NFL records. And continues the MVP play the entire season. Steelers go 14-2 the entire season (did I mention how pissed Ben is). Ben is talked about as MVP but there is no way the NFL will let it happen after he was suspended. Steelers skate through playoffs, makes super bowl and wins super bowl. Roger Goodell hands Ben Roethlisberger the Lombardi but not till he whispers in his ear that he never ever wants to see him again unless its to hand him another Lombardi.

The Rooneys throw Ben a 29th birthday party where Ben will propose to the above mentioned girlfriend. There will be no bachelor party. Terry Bradshaw is invited to the wedding.
The season is not over yet, but I wasn't that far off...

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
The season is not over yet, but I wasn't that far off...

Yeah, you were eerily close to the mark on your prediction.....I hope the rest of it comes true too.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

siss
01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, you were eerily close to the mark on your prediction.....I hope the rest of it comes true too.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

Kinda creepy!!!

grward
01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Hey, don't forget your 777 prediction. I love number games and this is setting up perfectly for just that. 7th season for #7 to win #7. I love it.

Great prediction BTW!

siss
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
In the 77th year of the steelers!

SH-Rock
01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
In the 77th year of the steelers!

That's Five 7's

Please Football Gods let us win the SB!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

siss
01-08-2011, 11:52 AM
4+3 is 7.

I need one more seven.

siss
01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh I got it.

8+6=14
which is 7 twice.

StainlessStill
01-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Ahh, I just love these threads and predict the outcome of each game when all 32 teams haven't even stepped into training camps, let alone putting shoulder pads on. This is the NFL, and at this time, is as unpredicatble as can be.

Still, I'll play your silly little game..

9/12: vs. Atlanta WIN- Steelers are tough opening at home and we have a pissed off fanbase eager to get down to the bottom of the 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers. Defense should be re-charged and control the game, along with a running attack that Atlanta usually struggles with.

9/19: @ Tennessee, 1 p.m. - LOSS- We always have trouble playing at Tennessee and if Vince Young can play at the caliber he did at the end of the season, I see this game as a trap, just like week 2 of last season @ Chicago.

9/26: @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. -WIN- Tampa Bay is in the very early stages of rebuilding and the Steelers should be able to use their veteran man power to flip the switch.

10/3: Baltimore, 1 p.m. - WIN- Steelers get the edge playing the first game at home. I don't think Baltimore is as big of a threat as anyone thinks, but as always, this could be a low scoring, overtime, nailbiting game.

10/17: Cleveland, 1 p.m. - WIN- Steelers get Ben back and by this time we should be gaining fuel and put a spanking on a atrocious team that beat us on Thursday night last season.

10/24: @ Miami, 1 p.m. - WIN- We always have Miami's number and the Steelers seem to play well down there in the warm weather. I just feel we always have been too physical when it comes to teams like Miami.

10/31: @ New Orleans, 8:20 p.m. - Loss- We are due for a loss and playing @ New Orleans, in the Dome is something that no team likes to do, IN PRIME TIME. New Orleans always feeds off a crowd that is deafening and is our first true test with noise and overall star power.

11/8: @ Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - Win- Cincy was just a bad club last year that caught some breaks within the last minute of football games. They showed their true colors during the stretch of last season and will fall back to playing catchup to the Steelers an Ravens of the division.

11/14: New England, 8:20 p.m. - WIN- Depending on how our defense is built, the Pats are lucky they get us this late in the season, but the Pats are on the fall and the Steelers should take advantage of a Brady offense that didn't look good at times last year.

11/21: Oakland, 1 p.m. - Win- Ben FINALLY beats Oakland for the FIRST time in his career.

11/29: @ Buffalo, 1 p.m. - WIN- Just like Miami, Buffalo is a team we out physical consistently during the existence of both teams.

12/5: @ Baltimore, 8:20 p.m. - Loss- Playing at Baltimore in Prime Time could determine a lot of things, and if the Steelers don't get that running game going, we could fall here.

12/12: Cincinnati, 1 p.m. - WIN- We sweep Cincinnati in the worst way.

12/19: N.Y. Jets, 4:15 p.m. - Loss- We will fall at home and play a TOUGH, PHYSICAL game that goes down to the wire with a on the rise Jets team. A potential team for a rematch in the post season.

12/23: Carolina, 8:20 p.m. - Win- Carolina doesn't have the tools to come in here and beat us this late in the season, in the frigid temps in Pittsburgh looking to return to the playoffs.

1/2: @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. - Win- We prove our dominance in the division and enter the playoffs on a roll, something that needs to be done considering last seasons late meltdowns.

Obviously, who knows what teams will transform into contenders that many thought were pretenders.. and that's why the NFL is so special. We will see!:tt04:

Damn, I about picked the season TO A TEE aside from swapping the Balty games and the N.E game.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Lol you made some good predictions here.

Fire Haley
01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
19-0 baby.

In Dixon We Trust.

Feel the power.

I was close

steelcity1974
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Damn, I about picked the season TO A TEE aside from swapping the Balty games and the N.E game.

True, but you failed to pick playoff opponents and predict outcomes! :doh:

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
1st, the RAVENS and then those PATRIOTS (this is a must "Coup d'état") after that, the Steelers pick their new SuperBowl designed-ring
:)
It will be thru' the Patriots, or NOTHING this year -that's it folks

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Hey, don't forget your 777 prediction.

Here's what we have so far.....

* Big Ben wears #7.

* This is Ben's 7th season.

* The Steelers franchise is 77 years old.

* We are pushing for Superbowl #7.

* Adding the digits of our other MVP's jersey (Polamalu), we get 7.

* Polamalu also finished the regular season with 7 interceptions.

* Adding Ward's jersey number = two 7's.

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
i'm guessin 12 -4 .... with loses to the saints , pats , jets and ravens.

holy hell i must be psychic !!! :jawdrop:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Also, this is our 7th trip to the postseason this decade.....

* Big Ben wears #7.

* This is Ben's 7th season.

* The Steelers franchise is 77 years old.

* We are pushing for Superbowl #7.

* Adding the digits of our other MVP's jersey (Polamalu), we get 7.

* Polamalu also finished the regular season with 7 interceptions.

* Adding Ward's jersey number = two 7's.

* 7th trip to the postseason this decade (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010).