PDA

View Full Version : Seahawsk given better odds to win Superbowl XLI

marksashton
02-07-2006, 11:15 PM
I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they basically manhandled the Steelers except for the stupid screwups.

PS. I heard Big Ben said he didn't score on the goal line TD. Does anyone have the exact quote? I personally think the refs couldn't over rule that play. Even if he was 1/2 inch from the goal line it certainly wasn't clear from TV or photos. I saw the photo with the lines drawn in showing the goal line but that's easy to doctor. Still, it was a score.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2006, 11:19 PM
I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they basically manhandled the Steelers except for the stupid screwups.

PS. I heard Big Ben said he didn't score on the goal line TD. Does anyone have the exact quote? I personally think the refs couldn't over rule that play. Even if he was 1/2 inch from the goal line it certainly wasn't clear from TV or photos. I saw the photo with the lines drawn in showing the goal line but that's easy to doctor. Still, it was a score.

It was on Lettermanand he said he wasn't sure, but we would have got it on 4thdown anyhow!
If you looked at replays you would see it broke the plane,maybe not by much,but it did break the plane!! It broke the plane before he was hit when he landed he was out of endzone but at the top of his jump he was across!!

BTW here is a unbiased account of your screwups: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2322300

marksashton
02-07-2006, 11:21 PM
It was on Lettermanand he said he wasn't sure, but we would have got it on 4thdown anyhow!
If you looked at replays you would see it broke the plane,maybe not by much,but it did break the plane!! It broke the plane before he was hit when he landed he was out of endzone but at the top of his jump he was across!!

BTW here is a unbiased account of your screwups: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2322300

I basically agree. I sure couldn't tell either way but can't see how the refs could overrule it. TD.

Koopa
02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
of course ya'll are gonna have better odds, ya'll are in a division with the 9ers, cards, and rams, if ya'll don't make the playoffs ya'll need to sale the francishe and just blow up that shit feild and then all the fans need to hang themselves. well that last part ya'll can go ahead and do now

bozz723
02-07-2006, 11:51 PM

The Seahawks won't sniff the superbowl next year and they certainly did not come close to manhandling anything. They were given better odds because it is very difficult to repeat. Like I said the game was a pass away from a thorttling. The Seahawks would get beat 99/100 times vs the Steelers.

OX1947
02-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I think its because of our free agent situation. If we somehow keep the core like El, ike, hope, etc, the odds will change....