PDA

View Full Version : So now that Sweed's done for the year (possibly)...

Cinnjerm
05-09-2010, 09:25 AM
...is there a reason the Steelers don't pick up T.O.? I know this has been discussed before, but I call myself bringing it up again since our WR has taken another hit from Limas Beans' surgery.

solardave
05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
:banging::banging:T.O. is the reason why. Over rated "legend in his own mind" WR is way past his prime. Led the league in drops last year. WHY WOULD WE????

Galax Steeler
05-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't see where T.O is any better then the receivers we have now. I know Sanders is not proven but I think he will progress nicely. Ward and Wallace will do just fine for us.

Tone's Toes
05-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Signing TO would be a great added punishment for Ben. TO would go apeshit at Ben for under-throwing him or throwing to anybody else. Say what you will about TO, but he's never been in trouble off the field. He just seems to drive his QB's crazy and most coaches/owners don't like that. Ben probably deserves something like that, though.

LambertIsGod58
05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
You can dislike him all you want.....but to say he's no better than what we got? Are you serious? And overrated? Does anyone remember that he played for the Buffalo Bills last year? Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB and that offensive line. Talk about set up for failure.

AllD
05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Deshea Townsend has a better shot of making the team than TO. Most likely, they share a common fate. Sweed should get a license to sell insurance because he is done.

LambertIsGod58
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd take T.O. all day long.......

solardave
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't see where T.O is any better then the receivers we have now. I know Sanders is not proven but I think he will progress nicely. Ward and Wallace will do just fine for us.

I agree here and the fact that we need to get back to playing team football. We don't need a guy who is more important (in his mind ) than the rest of the team. I honestly think our receivers will be even better this year. Here's why. Wallace will take over for Holmes who had a good year last year but not great. We improve there. El can spell Hines if necessary and I think Sanders will be a pleasant surprise like Wallace was last year. And I think Brown gives us speed and return ability. Better field position means we can run more and when we throw we'll have the burners in Wallace and Sanders. Sanders was 3tied for second in the 40 at the combine (4.41). Four wide= Hines,Wallace, Sanders, El or Brown.

Galax Steeler
05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
You can dislike him all you want.....but to say he's no better than what we got? Are you serious? And overrated? Does anyone remember that he played for the Buffalo Bills last year? Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB and that offensive line. Talk about set up for failure.

Would you be a saying that when he drops a touchdown pass that takes us out of the playoffs. He does not have the best hands in the world. I will take Ward and Wallace over him anyday of the week.

SteelerFanInStl
05-09-2010, 09:57 AM

And he still led the league in drops. Face it, TO is a cancer and only plays when he wants to. We don't need a player like that.

mesaSteeler
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
And he still led the league in drops. Face it, TO is a cancer and only plays when he wants to. We don't need a player like that.
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit:

LambertIsGod58
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree here and the fact that we need to get back to playing team football. We don't need a guy who is more important (in his mind ) than the rest of the team.

Agreed.....we already have one of those.

Need4Sweed
05-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I'd take him if only for a yr. Everyone else is beefing up in the AFC, why not us. I just don't think that picking up T.O. is all bad...just sayin'

SMR
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
T.O. is cancer.
'nuff said.
:coffee:

Steelerfreak58
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Sweed's career is done I believe. A torn Achilles you can come back on in many other positions but his particular position requires constant speed and quick cut manuevers something that even the best surgery and physical therapy really wont allow him to come back from.

I feel sorry for the kid but his career as a receiver in the NFL is over.

steelreserve
05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
...is there a reason the Steelers don't pick up T.O.?

Yeah, because he's a selfish dipshit and a diva who, after every loss, starts bitching about not getting enough balls thrown to him because the QB is conspiring against him or the QB is gay. I mean, people here complain about the message board users having a sky-is-falling attitude, try actually having a guy like that on the team.

ricksteelers55
05-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah that's nice...trade Santonio Holmes because of his attitude and off the field issues and bring a guy who has plenty of bad reps to replace him.

AllD
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Rocky Bleir had better hands than Sweed does.

BlastFurnace
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
If T.O. had a great attitude, he wouldn't be free right now. Great Athlete, Work Ethic...but terrible team player. We have had enough problems this offseason. No need to add another.

Psyychoward86
05-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Reasons not to get T.O

1) He sucks in general

/Thread

tube517
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
2) He's old

Reasons not to get T.O

1) He sucks in general

/Thread

Galax Steeler
05-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Ok say we signed T.O to play with us. Everyone knows that he complains about not getting the ball enough. He would want to be the no.1 receiver in Pittsburgh. I cannot see Ward being a no. 3 receiver and Wallace has the talent to be a no.1 receiver. So if T.O didn't get the ball enough he would start a fuss with the coaches and getting mad cause he wants the ball more and then that would turn into cancer in our locker room. Our receiving cor is ok we don't need him.

KJSteeler77
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I cannot see Ward being a no. 3 receiver and Wallace has the talent to be a no.1 receiver.

Wallace is a great receiver but i disagree with the fact that he could be the No. 1. He has great big play ability but if he got the attention from a number one CB i feel he would lack the consistency to be a possession receiver.

polamalubeast
05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Would you sign Jamarcus Russel as a Steeler?:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Nadroj 20
05-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Would you sign Jamarcus Russel as a Steeler?:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Well Im not sure about this comparison because T.O. is actually good and has had great success on the field, while Russell is freaking horrible.

stlrtruck
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
in a word...D R A M A

BigBen'sSwagger
05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Why are you so enamoured with t.o.??? I was watching a replay of when he was a rookie playin' with san fran and he dropped nearly every important pass that came his way.

I saw him in dallass and he did the same thing and then he tore the team apart...damn why did they have to get rid of him???

In dallass it took some time before he showed his colors but they did show...why??? because he just can't get over himself. He tore that team apart and it showed late in the season after a loss to who else your Pittsburgh Steelers!!! Matter of fact same thing in philly. Guess he just hates losing to us.

HELL NO to t.o!!!

fansince'76
05-10-2010, 02:44 PM
i'd seriously take him for 1 year if it were up to me. he hasn't been as selfish since he left dallas (at least from what ive heard/seen of him)

More like the media began paying a fraction of the attention to him that they used to and stopped sticking a microphone in his face every 15 minutes after Dallas dumped him and he signed with Buffalo.

MasterOfPuppets
05-10-2010, 02:59 PM
anyone who's been a steelerfan for any period of time KNOWS the steelers DON'T sign idiots like T.O. and when they draft one with TO like traits (burress, eric greene) they never get a second contract. .... so why do threads like these even get started ? :popcorn:

Indo
05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
anyone who's been a steelerfan for any period of time KNOWS the steelers DON'T sign idiots like T.O. and when they draft one with TO like traits (burress, eric greene) they never get a second contract. .... so why do threads like these even get started ? :popcorn:

Boredom in the offseason?

Failure to understand the Rooneys?

:noidea:

Cinnjerm
05-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Boredom in the offseason?

Failure to understand the Rooneys?

:noidea:

^^^What he said. + I wanted to see what everyone's rationale was for not wanting him. I still think it would be a welcome pick-up since given his limited options it'd be easy to keep him on a short leash. :noidea:

SteelGhost
05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
^^^What he said. + I wanted to see what everyone's rationale was for not wanting him. I still think it would be a welcome pick-up since given his limited options it'd be easy to keep him on a short leash. :noidea:

Not everyone's but I think we don't need his antics in the locker room, with BB's we have enough stuff to worry about, PLUS he's old and drops too many pases, we need young people to step up to the challenge, besides..... The Rooneys know better :thumbsup:

:tt02:

devilsdancefloor
05-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Agreed.....we already have one of those.

Brett farve doesnt play for us what are talking about

7willBheaven
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Well looks like its official hi's been IR'd...its on the Steelers.com main page and Wexell announced it too. Its a shame...heres hoping he heals up completely and can maybe come back next year...had they given up on him they woulda just done an injury settlement and cut him...but they decided to keep him in IR

Prok
05-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Well looks like its official hi's been IR'd...its on the Steelers.com main page and Wexell announced it too. Its a shame...heres hoping he heals up completely and can maybe come back next year...had they given up on him they woulda just done an injury settlement and cut him...but they decided to keep him in IR

From what i read they released him, he cleared waivers then they placed him on IR ?

That mean there's zero chance he plays this season ?

tube517
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Way too early to judge this kid. He's only a 2nd year player. :coffee:

Wallace is a great receiver but i disagree with the fact that he could be the No. 1. He has great big play ability but if he got the attention from a number one CB i feel he would lack the consistency to be a possession receiver.

steelerdude15
05-12-2010, 02:47 AM
I didn't see this posted so I figured I'd show everyone:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Sweed-placed-on-IR/eed4b7cf-5b78-4040-8ae7-cf4833f78992

Venom
05-12-2010, 07:49 AM
The Steelers just signed WR Isaiah Williams . One word,,,,,,,,,,CHAMPIONSHIP !

Galax Steeler
05-13-2010, 04:35 AM
The Steelers just signed WR Isaiah Williams . One word,,,,,,,,,,CHAMPIONSHIP !

Would it have been a championship if Sweed would have stayed healthy.:rofl:

43Hitman
05-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Would it have been a championship if Sweed would have stayed healthy.:rofl:

If the Steelers were a Professional Hot Potato team then yes. :chuckle: